Career Questions tagged Pharmacy

Leo B.’s Avatar
Leo B. Dec 21, 2020 134 views

What steps should I take in order to become a pharmacist?

My mother is in the healthcare field, so I decided I'd also find a job there. I've enjoyed most of my science classes in high school, and anatomy and physiology interests me. I'm already in a pharmacy technician program, so becoming a pharmacist would be a long term goal. I thought becoming a...

#health #pharmacy

Ester S.’s Avatar
Ester S. Nov 29, 2020 198 views

How can I become a RN?

I am currently a junior in high school. I am very interested in nursing, and becoming an RN. I am having trouble understanding the steps , like what do I do first after I graduate high school ? Do I go straight to nursing school ? Do I go to college/university first and if so what classes...

#rn #nurse #medical-school #medicine #nursing #pharmacy #college

Sarah J.’s Avatar
Sarah J. Oct 29, 2020 118 views

If I get a bachelor's of health science, and choose not to pursue a career in pharmacy, what other options are there?

I want to (or at least I think I want to) go into a program for a PhD in pharmacy to be either a pediatric or hospital pharmacist. I plan to either get my bachelor's of health science first, then apply to a graduate program for pharmacy or go into a 6 yr program while also obtaining my...

#career-paths #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #career-choice #health #pharmacy #phd

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jul 27, 2020 183 views

What does the outlook for pharmacists look like?

I'm a 2nd year pharmacy student and I currently work at Hy-Vee Pharmacy. I have heard mixed answers for this question. #pharmacy #pharmacist #joboutlook...

#july20

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jul 27, 2020 108 views

How to respond to connotation of big business with the pharmacy profession?

People often negatively associate the pharmacy profession with big business. We get comments often on prices, availability, etc. However, pharmacist are often just middle men in the process of pharmacutical companies and insurance companies. #bigpharma #bigbusiness #pharmacy #pharmacist...

#negative #july20

Karim I.’s Avatar
Karim I. Jul 20, 2020 121 views
Divya S.’s Avatar
Divya S. Jul 19, 2020 97 views

What does a day in the life of a hospital pharmacist look like?

I'm an undergrad considering a career in pharmacy. I would love to hear about what a typical day is like in the field, especially since volunteer and shadowing opportunities are currently hard to come by due to the pandemic. #july #july20...

#pharmacy

Divya S.’s Avatar
Divya S. Jul 19, 2020 116 views

What steps can I take throughout my undergrad to help me enter a career in pharmacy?

I'm a rising second year college student considering a career as a pharmacist. What activities can I pursue that will help me achieve my goal? I'm currently training to become a pharmacy technician. What else will help me learn about the field and also look good to potential pharmacy schools?...

#pharm #july #medicine #july20 #pharmacy

Divya S.’s Avatar
Divya S. Jun 28, 2020 283 views

To become a pharmacy technician in Texas, are classes or training required, or could I just self-study and take the certification exam?

Hello! I'm interested in becoming a certified pharmacy technician. However, I am also currently pursuing a four-year degree. I'm mostly interested in the pharm tech certification so I can gain experience in the field with the purpose of eventually going to pharmacy school, post-graduation....

#pharmacytechnician #pharmtech #pharmacist #medicine #pharmacy #college

Divya S.’s Avatar
Divya S. Jun 22, 2020 219 views

What can I do in my undergrad to gain experience in the pharmacy industry and understand if it's something I'd like to pursue?

I'm currently a biochemistry major possibly on a pre-medical track but genuinely I have very little idea what career I would like to pursue. Being a pharmacist is a job that piques my interest, but I don't know how to gain the experience I need to understand if it's the right industry for me...

#career #pharmacist #pharmacy #medicine

Jas K.’s Avatar
Jas K. Apr 25, 2020 146 views

Should I consider pharmacy or dentistry here in the uk?

I understand dentistry definitely pays more but would pharmacy also pay decent enough to live a comfortable life and also be able to spend on holidays and family as an example or is just a lot of education for rough pay? Because here in the uk it takes the same amount of time to do both degrees...

#education #pharmacy #dentisty

Jas K.’s Avatar
Jas K. Apr 24, 2020 142 views

Very confused as to whether I should wait a year to do dentistry or go into pharmacy this year

I have the grades to do both courses but in order to get into dentistry I need to redo an exam and wait a year. Yet I could go into pharmacy this year if I want. The real issue is I don’t know which career to go for because of the life style after the degree. I want to live a comfortable life...

#pharmacy

Tulsi M.’s Avatar
Tulsi M. Mar 19, 2020 142 views

What courses involve psychology and pharmaceutical-psychology? What colleges offer these courses?

I have completed my bachelors and masters in pharmaceutical from India. And after moving in USA l’m looking for further study in psychology and psychology-pharmaceutical combine course. Which have future growth in jobs market too. #psychology #psychology-pharmaceutical #great growth in job...

#pharmaceutical #pharmacy #college #course

Brandon B.’s Avatar
Brandon B. Mar 02, 2020 165 views

Will college be a good step to take after becoming a Pharm Tech?

#pharmaceuticals Pharmacy Technician is my trade of choice . Pharmacology is the major I'm looking to pursue. #pharmacist...

#pharmacy

Breoni S.’s Avatar
Breoni S. Mar 09, 2020 208 views

Is the salary of a Pharmacy Technician enough to obtain a sustainable lifestyle?

I am a twenty-one year old trade student, studying to become pharmacy technician. Some of my hobbies include sewing, embroidering, and drawing. I am very interested in pursuing healthcare , but I also want to pursue the arts industry.#pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #pharmacist #medicine #pharm-tech...

#healthcare

Olliyah G.’s Avatar
Olliyah G. Mar 09, 2020 170 views
antonio P.’s Avatar
antonio P. Feb 10, 2020 156 views

im trying to find out what i have to do to be a pharmacy aide

I am a junior in high school and I do music such as singing and hip hop but I need a back up plan if it doesn't go the way I plan. I just really want to know what it takes to be in in this field of work? what do I need to be aware of? #pharmacy...

#pharmacist

Skyla T.’s Avatar
Skyla T. Jan 27, 2020 129 views

What was most challenging about becoming A Pharmacy Technician?

HI my name is Skyla, I"m going to school to be a Pharmacy Technician and I've heard a lot of ups and downs being in that field such as remembering the Medicines names as well as dose age but I've also heard that it is very rewarding when it comes to knowledge about math and knowing some medical...

#pharmacist #pharmacy #medicine