Career Questions tagged Pharmaceuticals

paitynn G.’s Avatar
paitynn G. Dec 05, 2018 207 views

What is the stress level of a pharmacist?

Hello my name is Paitynn and I'm currently enrolled in job corps to get my high school diploma and study pharmacy tech. My biggest question is what is the stress level like in this profession and would you recommend it? Also were would you start major wise to get to the farther education you...

#pharmacist #medicine #pharmaceuticals #pharmacy

Rakesh S.’s Avatar
Rakesh S. Jun 24, 2016 545 views
Gabriela P.’s Avatar
Gabriela P. Sep 01, 2017 233 views

Any help with scholarships?

Hi, i am currently transferring to UC Irvine and want to know of any scholarships out there that can help me with tuition since it is so expensive at the moment. I really want to go into the pharmacy field and thats why im trying to get my BA in chemistry. It is really hard to keep working at a...

#pharmacy #financial-aid #scholarships #chemistry #pharmaceuticals #latinasinchemistry #womeninchemistry

Noah P.’s Avatar
Noah P. Sep 01, 2017 421 views

Is there shadowing for pharmacists?

I understand in the medicine field, students who want to be nurses or doctors attend shadowing for actual doctors or in hospitals to learn and assist in the actual work place. I don't know if that is the case for pharmacists as well and if it is how I would go about becoming a "shadower."...

#medicine #pharmaceuticals

Amber H.’s Avatar
Amber H. Sep 01, 2017 463 views

What is the best way to plan my college schedule if I want to become a pharmacist?

I am asking this because I would love to become a pharmacist. I would like to know what classes that would help prepare me the best for my future classes. #pharmaceuticals #pharmacy #pharmacist #pharmacists #medicine...

Brian C.’s Avatar
Brian C. May 30, 2017 438 views

What are some recommended summer activities that I can do over the summer to show my interest in the Pharmaceutical Sciences field?

As a high school student, I have always wanted to pursue in the medical field. However, I am leaning more on the chemistry aspect, rather than biology (though I want to do both). So I figured that the best option for me is pharmaceutical sciences. The problem now I am having is deciding what...

#summer-jobs #biology #summer-internship #career-details #summer-programs #chemistry #pharmaceuticals

Wrayzene W.’s Avatar
Wrayzene W. Jul 18, 2017 1748 views

What the difference between medicinal chemistry, pharmacology and pharmaceutical chemistry?

I want to study chemistry and like the idea of medicine, but I want to avoid going down a path that is somewhat like biochemistry since I am not a fan of biology. #medicine #chemistry #pharmaceuticals #pharmacy #medicinal-chemistry #pharmacology #pharmaceuticals...

#career-details

Jingwen S.’s Avatar
Jingwen S. May 18, 2016 319 views

How many years of college do I need to take for pharmacy major?

I will take the pharmacy major, so I would like to know how many years of this major takes. #college #healthcare #pharmacy...

#pharmaceuticals

Aubrey D.’s Avatar
Aubrey D. May 21, 2016 1039 views

What are the pros and cons of working in the pharmaceutical industry?

I am trying to decide between a few different majors and I may want to be a pharmacist. #pharmacy #pharmacists #pharmaceuticals #pharmacist...

#pharmaceutical-industry

james P.’s Avatar
james P. May 22, 2016 441 views

How long does it take to become a disease researcher?

I really love the idea of becoming one, and I would love some info, personally from someone who may have experienced the time it took or someone who is knowledgeable. #biology #biochemistry #pharmaceuticals #medical-research #molecular-biology #drug-development...

#drug-discovery

Reilly M.’s Avatar
Reilly M. May 30, 2017 396 views

How many years of schooling (after high school) are required in order to become a pharmacist?

I am a junior in high school and I am looking to become a pharmacist. I would like to learn about the requirements needed to become a pharmacist....

#pharmaceuticals

Jacob C.’s Avatar
Jacob C. May 25, 2016 483 views

What are the benefits of doing and not doing a residency after Pharmacy School?

I am curious to how this can affect my future career path. #college #medical #healthcare...

#pharmaceuticals

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 19, 2017 669 views

What is the difference between biomedical engineering, medical research, and the pharmaceutical industry?

I'm interested in pursuing a career path in one of the above fields, so I would like some clarification as to what these specific careers entail. #biomedical-engineering #pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #medical-research...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 19, 2017 381 views

Is biochemistry a good choice to major in for a bachelor's to become a pharmacologist?

I'm thinking about pursuing a career in pharmacology, but I'm not sure what the best major would be in order to become one. #medical #pharmacy #biochemistry #pharmaceuticals #medical-research...

#pharmacology

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 19, 2017 540 views

What does someone in pharmaceuticals do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in pharmaceuticals, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. #pharmacy #pharmacists #pharmaceuticals #pharmaceutical-industry #clinical-pharmacy...

#retail-pharmacy

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 12, 2017 998 views

What does a pharmacologist do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in pharmacology, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. #research #pharmacy #biomedical #pharmaceuticals #biomedical-science #pharmaceutical-industry...

#pharmacology

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 29, 2017 769 views

What does a pharmacologist do?

I'm interested in entering the pharmaceutical field, specifically in research. I've heard that pharmacologists research new medicines, but I'm not sure about their specific job description. #pharmacy #pharmacists #pharmaceuticals #pharmacist...

#pharmacology

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 29, 2017 2514 views

What is the difference between pharmacology and a pharmacist's degree?

I'm thinking about joining the pharmaceutical field, but I'm not sure about which specific job I should pursue. #pharmacy #pharmacists #pharmaceuticals #pharmacist #pharmaceutical-industry...

#clinical-pharmacy

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 29, 2017 561 views

What are the academic steps required to become a pharmacologist?

I'm interested in pursuing pharmacology as a degree and am wondering what my academic path would be in this field. #medical #research #pharmacy #biomedical #pharmaceuticals #medical-research #biomedical-science...

#pharmacology

Alvin E.’s Avatar
Alvin E. Dec 02, 2016 503 views

What is the good path to follow to be a pharmacist?

Hello! I'm a student about to having is associated degree of science this fall. I would like to pursue a career in pharmacy. I've been told a lot but I want the advices of professional or maybe the experience of a professional. Thank you #graduate-school #pharmacy #pharmacists #pharmaceuticals...

#pharmacist

Genesis V.’s Avatar
Genesis V. Oct 28, 2016 590 views

How did you decide on what you wanted to be?

I know I want to study something in the medical field, but I am still very indecisive. Sometimes I think of other careers to focus on but I'm not sure. I need advice on how to choose. I would like to know how a professional decided her/his career. #medicine #physician #photography...

#chemicals #physical-therapy #chemical-engineering #medical-education #pharmaceuticals

Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Oct 28, 2016 430 views

If you get a degree in Pharmacy, can you also conduct drug testing, manufacturing, and/or research?

I am interested in the range of things you can do with a Pharmaceutical degree, besides actually just working in a Pharmacy. #pharmacy #pharmacists...

#pharmaceuticals

Jermaine W.’s Avatar
Jermaine W. Oct 26, 2016 418 views

Is the work that a pharmacy technician does different than that of an actual pharmacist?

I am asking because I would like to be a pharmacist, and I know that you have to do at least a year or two working as a pharmacy technician, under an actual pharmacist. #pharmacy...

#pharmaceuticals

Jermaine W.’s Avatar
Jermaine W. Oct 26, 2016 424 views

Are you able to work towards college of pharmacy credits while in school for your bachelor's?

I am asking because I would like to be a pharmacist, and I know that there is a lot of schooling involved. I was wondering because I heard of pre-pharmacy tracks that could be done while getting your bachelor's. #college-major #pharmacists #pharmaceuticals...

#bachelors-degree

Alex L.’s Avatar
Alex L. Oct 25, 2016 468 views

Does a general chemistry major allow someone to go into creation of medicine such as pharmaceuticals?

I am wanting to go into the field of chemistry, starting by majoring in general chemistry. I know that I will be able to do some chemical research, but I would like to know if I could possibly go into creating medicine. #medicine #college-major #chemistry...

#pharmaceuticals

Erin L.’s Avatar
Erin L. Oct 24, 2016 452 views

With a PharmD degree can I use that to go into pharmeuctical law?

Not sure what I want to do once I become a pharmacist but I don't want to do retail. #law #lawyer #pharmacy...

#pharmaceuticals

Erin L.’s Avatar
Erin L. Oct 24, 2016 390 views

Is technology decreasing the number of jobs in the pharmacy field?

Recent news is about a robot who found a cure to cancer it has not been confirmed as the patient died before the treatment was implemented. #medicine #medical #research #biomedical-engineering #pharmacy...

#pharmaceuticals

Kaitlyn W.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn W. Oct 23, 2016 1312 views

What is a day in the life of a pharmaceutical chemist like?

Having a family and having personal time is important to me, but so is having a successful career. How much time would I put into this job each week? Is overtime involved? Would I have time for a family? #pharmaceuticals #chemicals #pharmaceutical-industry...

#medicinal-chemistry

Kaitlyn W.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn W. Oct 23, 2016 399 views

Is a phD necessary in order to become a pharmaceutical chemist? What is the best education path in order to get the most of out this career?

I want to be a pharmaceutical chemist, but have heard that there are many different education paths you could take to get there. I am wondering what the smartest path would be, as this could help narrow my college search. #medicine #chemistry #pharmaceuticals #pharmaceutical-industry...

#medicinal-chemistry

Samantha L.’s Avatar
Samantha L. Oct 19, 2016 521 views

What are the main differences between a retail-pharamacist and a clinical-pharamacist?

I am interested in participating in the pharmaceutical field one day and was wondering if it would be better to work as a pharmacist in retail or clinic. #pharmacy #pharmacists #pharmaceuticals #pharmacist #pharmaceutical-industry #clinical-pharmacy...

#retail-pharmacy