Career Questions tagged Pharmaceuticals

Kerisha N.’s Avatar
Kerisha N. Jul 27 123 views

Any advice on career prospects for Precision Medicine or Pharmaceutical Sciences

Hi everyone, so earlier this year I mentioned trying to change industries from chemical engineering to something else and got some great feedback here. I've always been interested in the medical field so I have been looking at doing a Masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences or in Precision Medicine...

engineering careerchange healthcare industrychange medical precisionmedicine pharmaceuticals

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Nov 18, 2020 294 views

Is Quality Engineering a good stepping stone to understand/get into Design Engineering?

Hi there, I currently a mechanical engineering graduate student interested in the Medical Device industry. I saw a company that is a Quality Solutions Service Provider in the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device industry, and I was curious if the experience gained as a Quality Engineer whether...

mechanicaldesign medicaldevice gradschool givingiscaring designengineering pharmaceuticals qualityengineering mechanicalengineering

Sarah J.’s Avatar
Sarah J. May 12, 2020 237 views

Can I major in health sciences to be a pharmacist at a hospital?

I'm looking to obtain a bachelor's degree in health sciences to go into pharmacy school. Would majoring in health sciences be the best option? pharmacist health pharmaceuticals college-major hospital...

medicine

Garrett G.’s Avatar
Garrett G. May 11, 2020 247 views

What's the best way to tell recruiters that you have Six Sigma Experience?

A business-minded political science and public policy major seeking internships in the healthcare industry. Eager to leverage knowledge to contribute to an organization's corporate objectives, while gaining valuable industry knowledge. healthcare...

pharmaceuticals

Brandon B.’s Avatar
Brandon B. Mar 02, 2020 336 views

Will college be a good step to take after becoming a Pharm Tech?

pharmaceuticals Pharmacy Technician is my trade of choice . Pharmacology is the major I'm looking to pursue. pharmacist...

pharmacy

Breoni S.’s Avatar
Breoni S. Mar 09, 2020 389 views

Is the salary of a Pharmacy Technician enough to obtain a sustainable lifestyle?

I am a twenty-one year old trade student, studying to become pharmacy technician. Some of my hobbies include sewing, embroidering, and drawing. I am very interested in pursuing healthcare , but I also want to pursue the arts industry.pharmacy pharmaceuticals pharmacist medicine pharm-tech...

healthcare

paitynn G.’s Avatar
paitynn G. Dec 05, 2018 466 views

What is the stress level of a pharmacist?

Hello my name is Paitynn and I'm currently enrolled in job corps to get my high school diploma and study pharmacy tech. My biggest question is what is the stress level like in this profession and would you recommend it? Also were would you start major wise to get to the farther education you...

pharmacy pharmacist pharmaceuticals medicine

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 858 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. college high-school low-income-area workforce steam stem science...

astrophysics planetary-science space medicine advice math career astronomy pharmaceuticals space-exploration engineering technology forensics

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 487 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

planetary-science stem workforce steam future career student forensics space-exploration technology biotechnology high-school women-in-stem astrophysics medicine pharmaceuticals science nasa

Steven A.’s Avatar
Steven A. Aug 11, 2018 687 views

How hard is it to be Pharmacist?

I am attending college in less than a month and I'm majoring in Pharmacy. Is it hard? Is there any advice for me inorder for me to succeed. chemistry pharmacy pharmacist pharmacists pharmaceuticals...

experience

Benjamin S.’s Avatar
Benjamin S. Jul 07, 2018 351 views

How does one gain the traction to begin medicinal research?

As an aspiring biochem/biophysics major who is looking to make pharmaceuticals in the future I was wondering how one would go about getting the resources and clearance to formulate and test new compounds. medicine health research healthcare biochem biophysics...

pharmaceuticals

Alice X.’s Avatar
Alice X. May 31, 2018 414 views

What are some companies that develop and/or research pharmaceuticals?

My major is chemical engineering and I want to work with pharmaceuticals. So, I’m currently looking for an intern in that area. The only problem is that most of the companies I know work with materials. What would be some companies that I can look to for internship opportunities for college...

internship chemcialengineer pharmaceuticals

Alice X.’s Avatar
Alice X. May 31, 2018 387 views

What do I need to do if I want to work in the development or research of pharmaceuticals?

I’m currently majoring in Chemical Engineering. If I want to work with pharmaceuticals in the future, should I pick a concentration? At my university, the concentrations are materials, environmental, and bio molecular. Is medical school required? chemcialengineer medicine...

pharmaceuticals

Ruby L.’s Avatar
Ruby L. May 14, 2018 540 views

Best pre-college volunteer options for aspiring pharmacists?

What can I do to volunteer in high school if possible and what school is best for this career option? I want my application to be as strong as possible for med school, and that includes any experience I can get before applying for colleges, but I don't know where I'd start, how I can do it and...

pharmacists pharmacist medicine pharmacy pharmaceuticals

Ruby L.’s Avatar
Ruby L. May 12, 2018 576 views

What high school / college courses are best for people wanting to go into Pharmaceuticals?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which high school and or college courses could be best for me to take if I wanted to go into a career in pharmaceuticals, as next year I begin high school and want to make my chances as high as possible for getting into a good school...

Sofia S.’s Avatar
Sofia S. Apr 02, 2018 393 views

Does research fulfill the need for creativity?

I'm really deep into art as a hobby, but lately, I've been thinking about it more seriously the more people compliment me. I'm not sure I want to get rid of my plan to go into Biomed or pharmaceutical research, so I thought to ask about how they would really differ in terms of creative...

pharmaceuticals biomedical-engineering