Career Questions tagged Pharmaceuticals

Kerry N.’s Avatar
Kerry N. Jul 27 37 views

Any advice on career prospects for Precision Medicine or Pharmaceutical Sciences

Hi everyone, so earlier this year I mentioned trying to change industries from chemical engineering to something else and got some great feedback here. I've always been interested in the medical field so I have been looking at doing a Masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences or in Precision Medicine...

#industrychange #healthcare #medical #engineering #precisionmedicine #pharmaceuticals #careerchange

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Nov 18, 2020 249 views

Is Quality Engineering a good stepping stone to understand/get into Design Engineering?

Hi there, I currently a mechanical engineering graduate student interested in the Medical Device industry. I saw a company that is a Quality Solutions Service Provider in the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device industry, and I was curious if the experience gained as a Quality Engineer whether...

#gradschool #qualityengineering #mechanicalengineering #givingiscaring #mechanicaldesign #designengineering #medicaldevice #pharmaceuticals

Sarah J.’s Avatar
Sarah J. May 12, 2020 215 views

Can I major in health sciences to be a pharmacist at a hospital?

I'm looking to obtain a bachelor's degree in health sciences to go into pharmacy school. Would majoring in health sciences be the best option? #pharmacist #health #pharmaceuticals #college-major #hospital...

#medicine

Garrett G.’s Avatar
Garrett G. May 11, 2020 202 views

What's the best way to tell recruiters that you have Six Sigma Experience?

A business-minded political science and public policy major seeking internships in the healthcare industry. Eager to leverage knowledge to contribute to an organization's corporate objectives, while gaining valuable industry knowledge. #healthcare...

#pharmaceuticals

Brandon B.’s Avatar
Brandon B. Mar 02, 2020 296 views

Will college be a good step to take after becoming a Pharm Tech?

#pharmaceuticals Pharmacy Technician is my trade of choice . Pharmacology is the major I'm looking to pursue. #pharmacist...

#pharmacy

Breoni S.’s Avatar
Breoni S. Mar 09, 2020 307 views

Is the salary of a Pharmacy Technician enough to obtain a sustainable lifestyle?

I am a twenty-one year old trade student, studying to become pharmacy technician. Some of my hobbies include sewing, embroidering, and drawing. I am very interested in pursuing healthcare , but I also want to pursue the arts industry.#pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #pharmacist #medicine #pharm-tech...

#healthcare

paitynn G.’s Avatar
paitynn G. Dec 05, 2018 432 views

What is the stress level of a pharmacist?

Hello my name is Paitynn and I'm currently enrolled in job corps to get my high school diploma and study pharmacy tech. My biggest question is what is the stress level like in this profession and would you recommend it? Also were would you start major wise to get to the farther education you...

#pharmacy #medicine #pharmaceuticals #pharmacist

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 815 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. #college #high-school #low-income-area #workforce #steam #stem #science...

#technology #space #planetary-science #math #astronomy #career #engineering #space-exploration #forensics #medicine #astrophysics #advice #pharmaceuticals

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 441 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

#technology #planetary-science #pharmaceuticals #career #stem #steam #space-exploration #forensics #women-in-stem #medicine #science #future #workforce #student #nasa #biotechnology #astrophysics #high-school

Steven A.’s Avatar
Steven A. Aug 11, 2018 602 views

How hard is it to be Pharmacist?

I am attending college in less than a month and I'm majoring in Pharmacy. Is it hard? Is there any advice for me inorder for me to succeed. #chemistry #pharmacy #pharmacist #pharmacists #pharmaceuticals...

#experience

Benjamin S.’s Avatar
Benjamin S. Jul 07, 2018 325 views

How does one gain the traction to begin medicinal research?

As an aspiring biochem/biophysics major who is looking to make pharmaceuticals in the future I was wondering how one would go about getting the resources and clearance to formulate and test new compounds. #medicine #health #research #healthcare #biochem #biophysics...

#pharmaceuticals

Alice X.’s Avatar
Alice X. May 31, 2018 390 views

What are some companies that develop and/or research pharmaceuticals?

My major is chemical engineering and I want to work with pharmaceuticals. So, I’m currently looking for an intern in that area. The only problem is that most of the companies I know work with materials. What would be some companies that I can look to for internship opportunities for college...

#internship #chemcialengineer #pharmaceuticals

Alice X.’s Avatar
Alice X. May 31, 2018 358 views

What do I need to do if I want to work in the development or research of pharmaceuticals?

I’m currently majoring in Chemical Engineering. If I want to work with pharmaceuticals in the future, should I pick a concentration? At my university, the concentrations are materials, environmental, and bio molecular. Is medical school required? #chemcialengineer #medicine...

#pharmaceuticals

Ruby L.’s Avatar
Ruby L. May 14, 2018 489 views

Best pre-college volunteer options for aspiring pharmacists?

What can I do to volunteer in high school if possible and what school is best for this career option? I want my application to be as strong as possible for med school, and that includes any experience I can get before applying for colleges, but I don't know where I'd start, how I can do it and...

#pharmacy #pharmacists #pharmacist #medicine #pharmaceuticals

Ruby L.’s Avatar
Ruby L. May 12, 2018 536 views

What high school / college courses are best for people wanting to go into Pharmaceuticals?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which high school and or college courses could be best for me to take if I wanted to go into a career in pharmaceuticals, as next year I begin high school and want to make my chances as high as possible for getting into a good school...

Sofia S.’s Avatar
Sofia S. Apr 02, 2018 377 views

Does research fulfill the need for creativity?

I'm really deep into art as a hobby, but lately, I've been thinking about it more seriously the more people compliment me. I'm not sure I want to get rid of my plan to go into Biomed or pharmaceutical research, so I thought to ask about how they would really differ in terms of creative...

#biomedical-engineering #pharmaceuticals

Erica C.’s Avatar
Erica C. Jan 25, 2018 334 views

What types of organizations will best help someone pursuing pharmacology have hands on experience?

Anyone can open a book and read. True learning comes from when you are put into situations and have to take the knowledge you acquired from books or lectures and apply it to real life situations. Therefore, to make my education meaningful and have a true impact in my field. I would like to find...

#internships #pharmaceuticals

Laurel T.’s Avatar
Laurel T. Jan 18, 2018 467 views

What past jobs should you show on a resume?

#resume-writing I am applying for a pharmacy position and I was wondering if I should include all job experiences such as a fast-food position in high school or only those that relate to the job I'm applying for in my resume. #pharmaceuticals...

#job-search

Gabriela P.’s Avatar
Gabriela P. Sep 01, 2017 351 views

Any help with scholarships?

Hi, i am currently transferring to UC Irvine and want to know of any scholarships out there that can help me with tuition since it is so expensive at the moment. I really want to go into the pharmacy field and thats why im trying to get my BA in chemistry. It is really hard to keep working at a...

#womeninchemistry #chemistry #pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #financial-aid #latinasinchemistry #scholarships

Noah P.’s Avatar
Noah P. Sep 01, 2017 638 views

Is there shadowing for pharmacists?

I understand in the medicine field, students who want to be nurses or doctors attend shadowing for actual doctors or in hospitals to learn and assist in the actual work place. I don't know if that is the case for pharmacists as well and if it is how I would go about becoming a "shadower."...

#medicine #pharmaceuticals