Career Questions tagged Family Medicine

Olivia W.’s Avatar
Olivia W. Mar 23, 2018

How did you prepare yourself, as a student and an individual, for the MCAT?

Being a high school junior, I have experienced scheduling studying for the ACT with regular high school life. However, how were you able to balance such an imposing and important test, the MCAT, with college life? How were you able to find time to do things for yourself and offset that with...

#doctor #medicine #family-medicine #graduate-school #college #physician #medical-school #medschool #mcat

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018

What is the best way to break the news of the death of a family member to their family?

I am intending on becoming a physicians assistant and I recognize that I may be put in this situation at some point. I would like some tips for this hard topic. #medicine #working-with-children #death #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #medical-practice...

#coping #family-medicine #grief-counseling

Kierra H.’s Avatar
Kierra H. Apr 25, 2018

I want to graduate from a 4 year university in 3 years, Is this possible?

I want to save money by attending community college in the summer and be able to enter medical school. #medschool #medicalschool #futuredoctor...

#family-medicine

Victoria N.’s Avatar
Victoria N. Mar 06, 2018

What is a typical day as a family physician?

#family-medicine #emergency-medicine I am asking because i am trying to decide on what specialty to go...

Angela L.’s Avatar
Angela L. Jan 12, 2018

Is it difficult to "make-it" in rural medicine as a PA-C?

I am interested in becoming a women's health or family practice PA-C in a rural clinic. Was is difficult to find a job and was the community welcoming? #medicine #physician-assistant #ruralmedicine #womens-health...

#family-medicine

Farhan T.’s Avatar
Farhan T. May 25, 2016

How rigorous is the post medical school path for someone looking into internal medicine?

I am a High School senior that is very committed to going into the medical field and is curious about different specialties pros and cons #healthcare #health #hospital-and-health-care #family-medicine #internal-medicine...

#physical-medicine

Jess W.’s Avatar
Jess W. Apr 01, 2017

Two patients enter to seek treatment from you at the same time. One of them is rich, and the other is poor. Provide the different circumstances in which you would treat either patient first, and why.

While this question is probably answerable by those who are not in the medical profession, I think that perhaps those who are experienced would be able to provide me with a different perspective. #medicine #medical #medical-education #emergency-medicine #family-medicine #doctors-assistant...

#medical-practice

Malik P.’s Avatar
Malik P. Feb 15, 2017

Is it hard to become a pediatrician?

I would like to work with babies. How hard would it be to achieve this career? #medicine #healthcare #pediatrics...

#family-medicine

Genesis V.’s Avatar
Genesis V. Oct 28, 2016

I would like to become a physician assistant. Which classes should I consider taking in undergrad school?

I would like to become a physician assistant and I'm not sure which classes to take in undergrad school in order to prepare. #medicine #medical-education #physicians-assistant...

#family-medicine

Brice G.’s Avatar
Brice G. Oct 21, 2016
Sara S.’s Avatar
Sara S. Jun 21, 2016

What would be the earning in Computational Biology?

wanted to know about the computational biology #medicine #computers #family-medicine...

#computational-biology

SENNAM T.’s Avatar
SENNAM T. May 28, 2016

In today's society, being a specialist or a family medicine practicioner, which is more suitable?

I am asking this question because I am planning on becoming a medical doctor but I am not sure if I want to specialize or practice family medicine. #medicine...

#family-medicine

Farhan T.’s Avatar
Farhan T. May 25, 2016

Is the demand for people going into the medical field increasing?

I am a high school senior commited to going into the medical feild and curious about the system #medicine #pre-med #family-medicine...

#internal-medicine

Haley P.’s Avatar
Haley P. May 15, 2016

What is the best advice you could give someone who wants to go into Osteopathic Medicine?

I am mainly asking this question because I am very much interested in the holistic side of medicine and I want to work closely with my patients. #doctor #family-medicine #holistic #natural-medicine...

#osteopathic

Love B.’s Avatar
Love B. May 15, 2015

Is there a college that combines herbs and modern medicine?

I want to combine herbs with modern medicine to further improve heath care. #medicine #health #family-medicine #pediatrican #herbalism #herbology...

#western-medicine

NICOLE M.’s Avatar
NICOLE M. Apr 30, 2015

How to know what branch of medicine is the right one for you?

I personally think that the pediatrics branch is overpopulated at this moment. #medicine...

#family-medicine

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Jan 06, 2015

What is required to become a veterinarian?

Ever since I was a child, I have been dreaming in becoming a veterinarian. Though I don't know where to begin. Anything is helpful. #medicine #veterinarian #veterinary-medicine...

#family-medicine