Career Questions tagged Medicalschool

In 2018, are women still underrepresented in the medical field?

I know that in the past women have been underrepresented in basically all STEM fields but it seems like more women are beginning to enter professions that are traditionally “male-dominated” such as medicine. So my question is: in 2018 do men still significantly outnumber women in medical...

#medicine #medicalschool #womeninscience

1

Dr. Kristy Taylor, Heka Healthcare Consulting, LLC’s Avatar
Active Nov 04 at 03:16 AM

Posted by Calista C.’s Avatar Calista C.
Dr. Kristy Taylor, Heka Healthcare Consulting, LLC | Career Coaching | Resumes | Recruiting (Certified Relode ... This particular blog article has always been one of my favorite ...
Christine Feghali’s Avatar
Christine Feghali | MBA | Leadership Development Program at AT&T Chadd, There's no doubt that debt can be scary and can ...
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential What will increase the likelihood of you getting into medical school ...
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential The most important thing to consider is how you want to ...

How early should you study for the MCAT?

School hasn't started for me yet so I'm currently an upcoming senior and I know I want to go to medical school, does it make sense to start studying this early? I've been studying some of the topics that the MCAT covers so should I even attempt to study from actual resources like practice...

#medicine #surgeon #doctor #medicalschool #mcat

0

Active Aug 23 at 11:02 AM

Posted by Arial D.’s Avatar Arial D.

Is medical school hard to get into? What should we expect?

0

Active Aug 23 at 01:46 AM

Posted by Clarissa R.’s Avatar Clarissa R.

Is the rigor of a student’s undergraduate university considered when applying to medical school?

For instance, if a student graduated from an Ivy League with a lower GPA than a student from a significantly easier state school, would the name of the school be factored in? Thanks! #premed #medicine...

#medicalschool

0

Active Aug 01 at 09:20 PM

Posted by Anabel L.’s Avatar Anabel L.

What is the best way to study for the MCAT?

0

Active Jul 28 at 03:02 AM

Posted by Rachel E.’s Avatar Rachel E.

Prereqs for Med School?

I know that medical schools typically require you to have one year of biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics. Would Anatomy & physiology, biochemistry, or microbiology cover the biology part? (I'm taking all of them) Also, if I end up not taking a lab for half of semester in...

#scheduling #medicalschool #medical #college #schooling

1

Joseph Towey’s Avatar
Active Aug 04 at 08:06 PM

Posted by Anna H.’s Avatar Anna H.
Joseph Towey’s Avatar
Joseph Towey | Associate Director of Center for Student Success The requirements for medical school admission may vary slightly from one ...

What majors are accepted for Medical School?

When applying to Medical School, there is tons of majors one could have. For example, you could major in human anatomy, or biochemistry, or bio medicine. Which type of major best assures you with the knowledge needed for the MCAT? #schools #majors #college #classes...

#medicalschool

1

Danielle Joanette-Kluck’s Avatar
Active Jun 14 at 08:16 PM

Posted by Ritu G.’s Avatar Ritu G.
Danielle Joanette-Kluck’s Avatar
Danielle Joanette-Kluck | Events Planner|Trainer|Advisor|Recruiter You're right about the plethora of majors, and the answer is ...

What kind of material is on the MCAT?

1

Misty Miller’s Avatar
Active Jun 19 at 04:55 PM

Posted by Ailyn C.’s Avatar Ailyn C.
Misty Miller’s Avatar
Misty Miller | CLG @ AT&T DirecTV hi Ailyn.The MCAT is a 7.5 hour test that consists of ...

When should I start preparing for the MCAT?

1

Herman Liu’s Avatar
Active Jun 22 at 04:49 AM

Posted by Ailyn C.’s Avatar Ailyn C.
Herman Liu’s Avatar
Herman Liu | Clinical Trial Management Associate Hi Ailyn,I suggest preparing for the MCAT a year and a ...

How do medical schools differentiate between accepted and rejected students?

Students on the path for medicine tend to be driven and hardworking overall. Yet only a slim percentage of these individuals are seriously considered when it comes to post graduate medical studies. What's the difference between these students, and how narrow is the gap between them?...

#jobs #career #career-choice #college #collegemajor #medicine #career-path #medicalschool #internships

1

Alex Brolick’s Avatar
Active Jun 08 at 07:32 PM

Posted by Ritu G.’s Avatar Ritu G.
Alex Brolick’s Avatar
Alex Brolick | MBA Intern - Senior Associate at PwC Medical schools will always use grades and MCAT scores as a ...

What is the difference between medical school and graduate school in terms of biochemistry?

I have been trying to find detailed information as to how both are different but most websites either give the superficial information or they only talk about how they are similar. I do not know what path to choose so I want to be able to know the difference between the two. I know medical...

#biochemistry #medicalschool #graduateschool #research

1

Saul Jaime’s Avatar
Active May 26 at 03:26 PM

Posted by Monica G.’s Avatar Monica G.
Saul Jaime’s Avatar
Saul Jaime | Post-Doctoral Pharmacologist Hi Monica,I will try to be concise and to the point ...

How do I find good research opportunities?

I know that research is extremely important for me as someone who wants to go into medical school, and I want to make sure that I have done a substantial amount of research in my summer. How do I find good opportunities and how do I know what is "good research?" #medicalschool...

#research

1

Herman Liu’s Avatar
Active Apr 29 at 03:13 PM

Posted by Hanan M.’s Avatar Hanan M.
Herman Liu’s Avatar
Herman Liu | Clinical Trial Management Associate Hi Hanan,I am assuming you are current in your undergraduate studies. ...

I want to graduate from a 4 year university in 3 years, Is this possible?

I want to save money by attending community college in the summer and be able to enter medical school. #medschool #medicalschool #futuredoctor...

#family-medicine

1

Austin L.’s Avatar
Active Apr 26 at 11:54 PM

Posted by Kierra H.’s Avatar Kierra H.
Austin L.’s Avatar
Austin L. | PwC Experienced Associate, Advisory Kierra, short answer is YES, it is entirely possible to graduate ...

Should I become a pediatrician despite that I am not interested in science?

The main focus of the medical field is science, and although that is not my interest, I would love to become a pediatrician. Will this disinterest eventually make me regret studying to become a pediatrician? I love working with kids, and I can really imagine myself in this career. #medicine...

#majors #working-with-kids #will-i-regret-doing-it #medicalschool #confused

1

Herman Liu’s Avatar
Active Jun 22 at 04:56 AM

Posted by Aleja R.’s Avatar Aleja R.
Herman Liu’s Avatar
Herman Liu | Clinical Trial Management Associate Hi Aleja,I don't think a disinterest in science should prevent you ...

How to succeed in medical school

I am planning on attending medical school but have heard that it can be mentally and emotionally draining. What is the best advice for not only doing well academically but also being mentally healthy in medical school? #medicine #medicalschool...

#mentalhealth

1

Sean Warman’s Avatar
Active Apr 21 at 12:12 AM

Posted by Rachel J.’s Avatar Rachel J.
Sean Warman’s Avatar
Sean Warman | Military at United States Air Force Rachel, you already have what it takes to make it through ...

How difficult will it really be to get through medical school?

Is it worth it?...

#medicalschool

1

Cecília Iacoponi Hashimoto’s Avatar
Active Apr 05 at 05:26 PM

Posted by Samantha C.’s Avatar Samantha C.
Cecília Iacoponi Hashimoto’s Avatar
Cecília Iacoponi Hashimoto | Indiana Like all others, medical school requires dedication and time of commitment. ...

How will I know which medical field to go into?

I want to apply to medical school after I get my bachelr’s degree, but I’m worried I won’t know which medical field suits me the best. Will you know as soon as you do it? Are certain fields better for certain people? #medicalschool...

#medical-education

1

Misty Miller’s Avatar
Active Jun 19 at 04:36 PM

Posted by Charity G.’s Avatar Charity G.
Misty Miller’s Avatar
Misty Miller | CLG @ AT&T DirecTV What are you getting your BA in? Does it have anything ...

Any tips for graduate school interviews?

1

Poonam Kherde’s Avatar
Active Apr 24 at 06:41 AM

Posted by Sarah S.’s Avatar Sarah S.
Poonam Kherde’s Avatar
Poonam Kherde | Executive at CRB Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Here are the best tips for graduate school interview:1. BE PUNCTUAL:Be ...

Is it possible to major in biomedical engineering and go to med school? Is there any advice you can recommend?

I'm a junior in high school who is currently taking a lot of sciences like physics, AP bio, medical technologies, and AP environmental science. I want to major in a field I like in college and have a Plan B in case I change my mind about being a doctor or don't get into med school. Thank you...

#biomed #engineering #college-major #medicine #medicalschool #biomedical-engineering

2

Nick Cobane’s Avatar Jennifer Haden’s Avatar
Active Feb 08 at 05:22 PM

Posted by Arv U.’s Avatar Arv U.
Nick Cobane’s Avatar
Nick Cobane | Business Operations @ LinkedIn Arv,Biomedical engineering is a very common pre-medical major for students interested ...

How can I best prepare myself in my undergraduate years for medical school in the future?

Ever since I was young, I always wanted to be a oediatrican. Now that I am in college, my dreams can start to become a reality and I want to know the best tips on how to be as successful and as prepared as I can be for medical school. #medicine...

#medicalschool

1

Naiara Barbosa’s Avatar
Active Apr 04 at 02:40 PM

Posted by Alexa K.’s Avatar Alexa K.
Naiara Barbosa’s Avatar
Naiara Barbosa | Board-Certified Dermatologist Hi Alexa, I am glad to hear you want to become ...

Do you have to be in a pre-medical if you want to go to medical school?

I have an interest in going to medical school but I'm not sure if I need to apply for a pre medical program. I don't know if I sould be applying for pre-medical now because I am a senior to college. #premed #premedical #medical #medicalschool...

#medschool

1

Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC’s Avatar
Active Nov 04 at 02:35 AM

Posted by Jacqueline M.’s Avatar Jacqueline M.
Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC’s Avatar
Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC | School Counselor and Mental Health Clinician Hi Jacqueline,If you want to go to medical school you do ...

I truly and honestly believe going to medical school will be worth the journey, but I am afraid it will give me a little bit more stress that I can bare, so does anyone have any advice on how to manage when I reach that point in life?

I am asking because I desire to eitber be a psychiatrist or physician in the future, but I have heard about people who have went as far as to end their life because of medical school, and I never want to reach that point in my life. Thank you for your response in advancr and may Jesus do great...

#medicine #medical-school #medicalschool #college

2

Rachel Chace’s Avatar Sumer Abdul-Hadi’s Avatar
Active Jul 12 at 02:18 PM

Posted by Chelsea T.’s Avatar Chelsea T.
Rachel Chace’s Avatar
Rachel Chace | AmeriCorps Urban Education Fellow, TutorCorps In order to manage stress you have to manage your time ...

Is there a way to attend both law school and medical school?

I am interested in both law and medicine, and I am looking for a way to pursue both interests. I have heard of people who have done both; however, I am unsure of how to go about this so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. #lawschool...

#medicalschool

1

Jennifer Haden’s Avatar
Active Jan 11 at 06:49 AM

Posted by Abby W.’s Avatar Abby W.
Jennifer Haden’s Avatar
Jennifer Haden | Higher Education Consultant Abby, There are joint MD/JD programs in the US: https://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/medical-school-admissions-doctor/articles/2016-10-04/3-types-of-students-who-should-consider-a-joint-md-degree. This ...

What should I major in college to go into med school?

I am a junior at Las Lomas high school in Walnut Creek, California and I'm interested in becoming an anesthesiologist. I like chemistry more than biology and one of my teachers recommended me to do biochemistry. I was wondering if there are any other major that are interesting but not...

#biology #anesthesiology #college-major #college #medicine #chemistry #medicalschool #anesthesia

1

Herman Liu’s Avatar
Active Jan 08 at 12:35 AM

Posted by Arv U.’s Avatar Arv U.
Herman Liu’s Avatar
Herman Liu | Clinical Trial Management Associate Hi Arv, Glad your interested in a science! Ultimately, it doesn't ...

Which school is the best for an undergraduate Psychology degree?

I am planning on going to med school so as long as I fulfill all my science requirements my major doesn't matter so I was considering Psych because literally everyone dose it. #college #psychology #college-major #doctorate-degree #med #medica...

#medicalschool

1

Linda Ann Robinson, Ph.D.’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:47 PM

Posted by Laura S.’s Avatar Laura S.
Linda Ann Robinson, Ph.D.’s Avatar
Linda Ann Robinson, Ph.D. | Industrial-Organizational Psychology & HR Consulting Find a school that has an excellent pre-medicine program in your ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)