Career Questions tagged Medicalschool

Savreet K.’s Avatar
Savreet K. Apr 30 75 views

Master of surgery(general surgery) and MCh in Canada after MBBS from India

What are the steps I have to take for doing Master of Surgery in general surgery and then Master of Chirurgiae in neurosurgery from Canada after completing my MBBS from India? Where should I go? What is the application process and the steps for it? masters-degree medicalschool...

neurosurgery

Savreet K.’s Avatar
Savreet K. Apr 30 97 views

Master of surgery(general surgery) and MCh in U.S.A. after MBBS from India

What are the steps I have to take for doing Master of Surgery in general surgery and then Master of Chirurgiae in neurosurgery from U.S.A. after completing my MBBS from India? Where should I go? What is the application process and the steps for it? masters-degree medicalschool...

neurosurgery

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24, 2020 311 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

medical medicalschool technology neuroscience stem college medicine premed major college-major healthcare

Tina G.’s Avatar
Tina G. Jun 25, 2019 348 views

Biotechnology vs Biomedicine vs Bioinformatics

Hello everyone, i'am a non-traditional student and i'am transferring to a for year with an ultimate goal of applying to Medical school. However, I'am having a difficult time choosing a transfer major, at my home institution I've already completed a large majority of science courses from...

medicalschool premed college-major biomedicine biotechnology bioinformatics

Calista C.’s Avatar
Calista C. Oct 31, 2018 313 views

In 2018, are women still underrepresented in the medical field?

I know that in the past women have been underrepresented in basically all STEM fields but it seems like more women are beginning to enter professions that are traditionally “male-dominated” such as medicine. So my question is: in 2018 do men still significantly outnumber women in medical...

medicalschool medicine womeninscience

Arial D.’s Avatar
Arial D. Aug 23, 2018 334 views

How early should you study for the MCAT?

School hasn't started for me yet so I'm currently an upcoming senior and I know I want to go to medical school, does it make sense to start studying this early? I've been studying some of the topics that the MCAT covers so should I even attempt to study from actual resources like practice...

medicalschool medicine mcat surgeon doctor

Anabel L.’s Avatar
Anabel L. Aug 01, 2018 400 views

Is the rigor of a student’s undergraduate university considered when applying to medical school?

For instance, if a student graduated from an Ivy League with a lower GPA than a student from a significantly easier state school, would the name of the school be factored in? Thanks! premed medicine...

medicalschool

Ritu G.’s Avatar
Ritu G. Jun 12, 2018 346 views

What majors are accepted for Medical School?

When applying to Medical School, there is tons of majors one could have. For example, you could major in human anatomy, or biochemistry, or bio medicine. Which type of major best assures you with the knowledge needed for the MCAT? schools majors college classes...

medicalschool

Ailyn C.’s Avatar
Ailyn C. May 30, 2018 380 views
Ritu G.’s Avatar
Ritu G. May 29, 2018 422 views

How do medical schools differentiate between accepted and rejected students?

Students on the path for medicine tend to be driven and hardworking overall. Yet only a slim percentage of these individuals are seriously considered when it comes to post graduate medical studies. What's the difference between these students, and how narrow is the gap between them?...

jobs career-path internships medicalschool career-choice college medicine collegemajor career

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. May 16, 2018 475 views

What is the difference between medical school and graduate school in terms of biochemistry?

I have been trying to find detailed information as to how both are different but most websites either give the superficial information or they only talk about how they are similar. I do not know what path to choose so I want to be able to know the difference between the two. I know medical...

graduateschool medicalschool research biochemistry

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 28, 2018 386 views

How do I find good research opportunities?

I know that research is extremely important for me as someone who wants to go into medical school, and I want to make sure that I have done a substantial amount of research in my summer. How do I find good opportunities and how do I know what is "good research?" medicalschool...

research

Kierra H.’s Avatar
Kierra H. Apr 25, 2018 371 views

I want to graduate from a 4 year university in 3 years, Is this possible?

I want to save money by attending community college in the summer and be able to enter medical school. medschool medicalschool futuredoctor...

family-medicine

Aleja R.’s Avatar
Aleja R. Apr 24, 2018 468 views

Should I become a pediatrician despite that I am not interested in science?

The main focus of the medical field is science, and although that is not my interest, I would love to become a pediatrician. Will this disinterest eventually make me regret studying to become a pediatrician? I love working with kids, and I can really imagine myself in this career. medicine...

will-i-regret-doing-it medicalschool confused majors working-with-kids

Rachel J.’s Avatar
Rachel J. Mar 16, 2018 487 views

How to succeed in medical school

I am planning on attending medical school but have heard that it can be mentally and emotionally draining. What is the best advice for not only doing well academically but also being mentally healthy in medical school? medicine medicalschool...

mentalhealth

Charity G.’s Avatar
Charity G. Mar 14, 2018 398 views

How will I know which medical field to go into?

I want to apply to medical school after I get my bachelr’s degree, but I’m worried I won’t know which medical field suits me the best. Will you know as soon as you do it? Are certain fields better for certain people? medicalschool...

medical-education