Career Questions tagged Medicalschool

Tina G.’s Avatar
Tina G. Jun 25 68 views

Biotechnology vs Biomedicine vs Bioinformatics

Hello everyone, i'am a non-traditional student and i'am transferring to a for year with an ultimate goal of applying to Medical school. However, I'am having a difficult time choosing a transfer major, at my home institution I've already completed a large majority of science courses from...

#college-major #bioinformatics #premed #biotechnology #biomedicine #medicalschool

Calista C.’s Avatar
Calista C. Oct 31, 2018 119 views

In 2018, are women still underrepresented in the medical field?

I know that in the past women have been underrepresented in basically all STEM fields but it seems like more women are beginning to enter professions that are traditionally “male-dominated” such as medicine. So my question is: in 2018 do men still significantly outnumber women in medical...

#medicine #womeninscience #medicalschool

Arial D.’s Avatar
Arial D. Aug 23, 2018 124 views

How early should you study for the MCAT?

School hasn't started for me yet so I'm currently an upcoming senior and I know I want to go to medical school, does it make sense to start studying this early? I've been studying some of the topics that the MCAT covers so should I even attempt to study from actual resources like practice...

#surgeon #medicine #mcat #doctor #medicalschool

Anabel L.’s Avatar
Anabel L. Aug 01, 2018 168 views

Is the rigor of a student’s undergraduate university considered when applying to medical school?

For instance, if a student graduated from an Ivy League with a lower GPA than a student from a significantly easier state school, would the name of the school be factored in? Thanks! #premed #medicine...

#medicalschool

Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Jul 12, 2018 171 views

Prereqs for Med School?

I know that medical schools typically require you to have one year of biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics. Would Anatomy & physiology, biochemistry, or microbiology cover the biology part? (I'm taking all of them) Also, if I end up not taking a lab for half of semester in...

#schooling #medical #scheduling #college #medicalschool

Ritu G.’s Avatar
Ritu G. Jun 12, 2018 190 views

What majors are accepted for Medical School?

When applying to Medical School, there is tons of majors one could have. For example, you could major in human anatomy, or biochemistry, or bio medicine. Which type of major best assures you with the knowledge needed for the MCAT? #schools #majors #college #classes...

#medicalschool

Ailyn C.’s Avatar
Ailyn C. May 30, 2018 197 views

What kind of material is on the MCAT?

Ailyn C.’s Avatar
Ailyn C. May 30, 2018 174 views
Ritu G.’s Avatar
Ritu G. May 29, 2018 202 views

How do medical schools differentiate between accepted and rejected students?

Students on the path for medicine tend to be driven and hardworking overall. Yet only a slim percentage of these individuals are seriously considered when it comes to post graduate medical studies. What's the difference between these students, and how narrow is the gap between them?...

#jobs #career-path #career-choice #collegemajor #career #college #internships #medicine #medicalschool

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. May 16, 2018 231 views

What is the difference between medical school and graduate school in terms of biochemistry?

I have been trying to find detailed information as to how both are different but most websites either give the superficial information or they only talk about how they are similar. I do not know what path to choose so I want to be able to know the difference between the two. I know medical...

#research #medicalschool #graduateschool #biochemistry

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 28, 2018 233 views

How do I find good research opportunities?

I know that research is extremely important for me as someone who wants to go into medical school, and I want to make sure that I have done a substantial amount of research in my summer. How do I find good opportunities and how do I know what is "good research?" #medicalschool...

#research

Kierra H.’s Avatar
Kierra H. Apr 25, 2018 174 views

I want to graduate from a 4 year university in 3 years, Is this possible?

I want to save money by attending community college in the summer and be able to enter medical school. #medschool #medicalschool #futuredoctor...

#family-medicine

Aleja R.’s Avatar
Aleja R. Apr 24, 2018 224 views

Should I become a pediatrician despite that I am not interested in science?

The main focus of the medical field is science, and although that is not my interest, I would love to become a pediatrician. Will this disinterest eventually make me regret studying to become a pediatrician? I love working with kids, and I can really imagine myself in this career. #medicine...

#working-with-kids #majors #confused #will-i-regret-doing-it #medicalschool

Rachel J.’s Avatar
Rachel J. Mar 16, 2018 260 views

How to succeed in medical school

I am planning on attending medical school but have heard that it can be mentally and emotionally draining. What is the best advice for not only doing well academically but also being mentally healthy in medical school? #medicine #medicalschool...

#mentalhealth

Samantha C.’s Avatar
Samantha C. Mar 16, 2018 157 views
Charity G.’s Avatar
Charity G. Mar 14, 2018 197 views

How will I know which medical field to go into?

I want to apply to medical school after I get my bachelr’s degree, but I’m worried I won’t know which medical field suits me the best. Will you know as soon as you do it? Are certain fields better for certain people? #medicalschool...

#medical-education

Sarah S.’s Avatar
Sarah S. Mar 06, 2018 204 views
Alexa K.’s Avatar
Alexa K. Jan 22, 2018 212 views

How can I best prepare myself in my undergraduate years for medical school in the future?

Ever since I was young, I always wanted to be a oediatrican. Now that I am in college, my dreams can start to become a reality and I want to know the best tips on how to be as successful and as prepared as I can be for medical school. #medicine...

#medicalschool

Jacqueline M.’s Avatar
Jacqueline M. Jan 20, 2018 272 views

Do you have to be in a pre-medical if you want to go to medical school?

I have an interest in going to medical school but I'm not sure if I need to apply for a pre medical program. I don't know if I sould be applying for pre-medical now because I am a senior to college. #premed #premedical #medical #medicalschool...

#medschool

Chelsea T.’s Avatar
Chelsea T. Jan 17, 2018 178 views

I truly and honestly believe going to medical school will be worth the journey, but I am afraid it will give me a little bit more stress that I can bare, so does anyone have any advice on how to manage when I reach that point in life?

I am asking because I desire to eitber be a psychiatrist or physician in the future, but I have heard about people who have went as far as to end their life because of medical school, and I never want to reach that point in my life. Thank you for your response in advancr and may Jesus do great...

#medicine #medical-school #college #medicalschool

Abby W.’s Avatar
Abby W. Jan 10, 2018 165 views

Is there a way to attend both law school and medical school?

I am interested in both law and medicine, and I am looking for a way to pursue both interests. I have heard of people who have done both; however, I am unsure of how to go about this so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. #lawschool...

#medicalschool

Laura S.’s Avatar
Laura S. Oct 30, 2016 313 views

Which school is the best for an undergraduate Psychology degree?

I am planning on going to med school so as long as I fulfill all my science requirements my major doesn't matter so I was considering Psych because literally everyone dose it. #college #psychology #college-major #doctorate-degree #med #medica...

#medicalschool