Career Questions tagged Medicalschool

Tina G.’s Avatar
Tina G. Jun 25, 2019 128 views

Biotechnology vs Biomedicine vs Bioinformatics

Hello everyone, i'am a non-traditional student and i'am transferring to a for year with an ultimate goal of applying to Medical school. However, I'am having a difficult time choosing a transfer major, at my home institution I've already completed a large majority of science courses from...

#premed #medicalschool #biomedicine #biotechnology #college-major #bioinformatics

Calista C.’s Avatar
Calista C. Oct 31, 2018 159 views

In 2018, are women still underrepresented in the medical field?

I know that in the past women have been underrepresented in basically all STEM fields but it seems like more women are beginning to enter professions that are traditionally “male-dominated” such as medicine. So my question is: in 2018 do men still significantly outnumber women in medical...

#medicalschool #medicine #womeninscience

Arial D.’s Avatar
Arial D. Aug 23, 2018 167 views

How early should you study for the MCAT?

School hasn't started for me yet so I'm currently an upcoming senior and I know I want to go to medical school, does it make sense to start studying this early? I've been studying some of the topics that the MCAT covers so should I even attempt to study from actual resources like practice...

#medicalschool #mcat #doctor #medicine #surgeon

Anabel L.’s Avatar
Anabel L. Aug 01, 2018 230 views

Is the rigor of a student’s undergraduate university considered when applying to medical school?

For instance, if a student graduated from an Ivy League with a lower GPA than a student from a significantly easier state school, would the name of the school be factored in? Thanks! #premed #medicine...

#medicalschool

Ritu G.’s Avatar
Ritu G. Jun 12, 2018 226 views

What majors are accepted for Medical School?

When applying to Medical School, there is tons of majors one could have. For example, you could major in human anatomy, or biochemistry, or bio medicine. Which type of major best assures you with the knowledge needed for the MCAT? #schools #majors #college #classes...

#medicalschool

Ailyn C.’s Avatar
Ailyn C. May 30, 2018 250 views
Ailyn C.’s Avatar
Ailyn C. May 30, 2018 237 views
Ritu G.’s Avatar
Ritu G. May 29, 2018 257 views

How do medical schools differentiate between accepted and rejected students?

Students on the path for medicine tend to be driven and hardworking overall. Yet only a slim percentage of these individuals are seriously considered when it comes to post graduate medical studies. What's the difference between these students, and how narrow is the gap between them?...

#career-choice #college #career-path #collegemajor #jobs #medicine #medicalschool #career #internships

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. May 16, 2018 307 views

What is the difference between medical school and graduate school in terms of biochemistry?

I have been trying to find detailed information as to how both are different but most websites either give the superficial information or they only talk about how they are similar. I do not know what path to choose so I want to be able to know the difference between the two. I know medical...

#graduateschool #medicalschool #biochemistry #research

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 28, 2018 279 views

How do I find good research opportunities?

I know that research is extremely important for me as someone who wants to go into medical school, and I want to make sure that I have done a substantial amount of research in my summer. How do I find good opportunities and how do I know what is "good research?" #medicalschool...

#research

Kierra H.’s Avatar
Kierra H. Apr 25, 2018 238 views

I want to graduate from a 4 year university in 3 years, Is this possible?

I want to save money by attending community college in the summer and be able to enter medical school. #medschool #medicalschool #futuredoctor...

#family-medicine

Aleja R.’s Avatar
Aleja R. Apr 24, 2018 294 views

Should I become a pediatrician despite that I am not interested in science?

The main focus of the medical field is science, and although that is not my interest, I would love to become a pediatrician. Will this disinterest eventually make me regret studying to become a pediatrician? I love working with kids, and I can really imagine myself in this career. #medicine...

#will-i-regret-doing-it #majors #medicalschool #confused #working-with-kids

Rachel J.’s Avatar
Rachel J. Mar 16, 2018 332 views

How to succeed in medical school

I am planning on attending medical school but have heard that it can be mentally and emotionally draining. What is the best advice for not only doing well academically but also being mentally healthy in medical school? #medicine #medicalschool...

#mentalhealth

Samantha C.’s Avatar
Samantha C. Mar 16, 2018 201 views
Charity G.’s Avatar
Charity G. Mar 14, 2018 267 views

How will I know which medical field to go into?

I want to apply to medical school after I get my bachelr’s degree, but I’m worried I won’t know which medical field suits me the best. Will you know as soon as you do it? Are certain fields better for certain people? #medicalschool...

#medical-education

Sarah S.’s Avatar
Sarah S. Mar 06, 2018 253 views
Alexa K.’s Avatar
Alexa K. Jan 22, 2018 280 views

How can I best prepare myself in my undergraduate years for medical school in the future?

Ever since I was young, I always wanted to be a oediatrican. Now that I am in college, my dreams can start to become a reality and I want to know the best tips on how to be as successful and as prepared as I can be for medical school. #medicine...

#medicalschool

Chelsea T.’s Avatar
Chelsea T. Jan 17, 2018 243 views

I truly and honestly believe going to medical school will be worth the journey, but I am afraid it will give me a little bit more stress that I can bare, so does anyone have any advice on how to manage when I reach that point in life?

I am asking because I desire to eitber be a psychiatrist or physician in the future, but I have heard about people who have went as far as to end their life because of medical school, and I never want to reach that point in my life. Thank you for your response in advancr and may Jesus do great...

#medicalschool #college #medical-school #medicine

Abby W.’s Avatar
Abby W. Jan 10, 2018 211 views

Is there a way to attend both law school and medical school?

I am interested in both law and medicine, and I am looking for a way to pursue both interests. I have heard of people who have done both; however, I am unsure of how to go about this so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. #lawschool...

#medicalschool