Career Questions tagged Bioinformatics

Tina G.’s Avatar
Tina G. Jun 25 69 views

Biotechnology vs Biomedicine vs Bioinformatics

Hello everyone, i'am a non-traditional student and i'am transferring to a for year with an ultimate goal of applying to Medical school. However, I'am having a difficult time choosing a transfer major, at my home institution I've already completed a large majority of science courses from...

#college-major #bioinformatics #premed #biotechnology #biomedicine #medicalschool

Rafael C.’s Avatar
Rafael C. Mar 23 78 views

I want major in bioinformatics, can you tell me something about this major?

What is the job outlook for bioinformatics professionals in the coming decades?I'm planning on earning a bioinformatics degree during my undergraduate degree, and I was hoping to learn the prospects of the career, itself, should I choose to pursue further education in the field. I was hoping to...

#job #college-major #bioinformatics

Chelsie M.’s Avatar
Chelsie M. Mar 16, 2018 202 views

What job opportunities are available for those pursuing a degree in Bioinformatics?

I am a bioinformatics major, and while I love the field of study, I am still a little uncertain on all the job opportunities available with a Bioinformatics degree. Do the jobs tend to be more computer/programming based, or more lab work? Or is there some of each? #bioinformatics...

#job-search

Laith B.’s Avatar
Laith B. Jan 17, 2018 232 views

Does Bioinformatics cover more computer science than genetics.

I have a passion for both computer programming and genetics and I am not sure if I should major in one or the other. Does Bioinformatics concentrate more on Computer programming than on genetics? #bioinformatics #computer-science #genetics...

#major

Bhavani S.’s Avatar
Bhavani S. Jan 17, 2018 378 views

What is the job outlook for bioinformatics professionals in the coming decades?

I'm planning on earning a bioinformatics degree during my undergraduate degree, and I was hoping to learn the prospects of the career, itself, should I choose to pursue further education in the field. I was hoping to hear about how demand is predicted to rise/fall in the coming decades and...

#bioinformatics

Leion E.’s Avatar
Leion E. Jan 19, 2017 1090 views

why should i study bioinformatics

I am interested in bioinformatics how good is this career? #university #research #japan...

#bioinformatics

Michela C.’s Avatar
Michela C. Nov 14, 2016 483 views

If your a pre-med student Is it better to major in the sciences or a major of your choice?

I am a pre-med student and i would like to know which major in sciences or a major of your choice will benefit you when applying for a career or med school #medicine #biology #pre-med #physical-therapy #biotechnology #biochemistry #molecular-biology...

#bioinformatics

Caitlyn V.’s Avatar
Caitlyn V. Oct 31, 2016 415 views

I'm considering a career in biomedical engineering but I have heard a little bit about biomathmatics. Is it possible to integrate biomathmatics into a BME career?

I've always been good at math and science. I participated in Moody's Math Challenge last year and really enjoyed the experience. Math comes easy to me. I enjoy adding science into the equation as well as science fascinates me but I find it more challenging, therefore I want to find a career...

#mathematics #bioinformatics #data-science #bioengineering

Nat W.’s Avatar
Nat W. Oct 31, 2016 467 views
Christopher S.’s Avatar
Christopher S. Oct 22, 2016 819 views

What is the typical day in the life of a bioinformatician?

I am heavily interested in the field of bioinformatics. #biology #mathematics #biotechnology #biochemistry...

#bioinformatics

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Mar 27, 2016 754 views

How to join biological research?

I'm going to be a college freshman next year, and I was wondering how I could go about joining a research team- particularly in Bioinformatics, my chosen major. Do I need to take certain classes? Can I just go up to a professor doing something awesome and ask them? #college #research...

#bioinformatics

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Dec 02, 2015 3237 views

What's it like to work in a field that combines biology and computer science? (ie. biotech, medical data analysis)

I'm a high school senior, and I am going to major in computational biology or bioinformatics in college. I want to know what kind of job opportunities there are for someone going into that field, and what those jobs are like. #computer-science #biology #biotechnology #bioinformatics...

#computational-biology