Career Questions tagged Math

Using principals and fundamentals to study the number of topics. Ranging from an economist to system engineer, there are a wide array of careers available.

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Sep 28 38 views

Is Fintech a good major to take?

Hi, I am planning on taking Fintech for my masters. Do i need to have very good math or statistics skills? Also is the degree something that can help me get a job faster? Thank you. #career #math #fintech #finance #technology #masterdegree #degree...

#statistics

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Aug 31 291 views

Can someone recommend me a major to consider?

Hi everyone i'm applying to colleges right now am i'm having a hard time choosing a major. I like math and science but my natural strengths are in writing and public speaking. I would like to go to grad school after college but I also want a major that offers good career options right out of...

#career-path #career #majors #science #career-counseling #stem #math

Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Aug 24 58 views

Which SAT math topics should I put emphasis on ?

The SAT is coming up shortly for me. I want to know the math topics I definitely need. #math...

#sat

Abigail B.’s Avatar
Abigail B. Aug 22 92 views

I want to become an engineer but I'm not sure which engineering field I should pursue, how can I narrow down my choices?

I love science and math, and roller coasters are what got me inspired to become an engineer. #math #maths #mathematician...

#mathematics

Bryan Z.’s Avatar
Bryan Z. Aug 05 161 views

What’s a good career/major if you absolutely sucks at everything related to math and numbers but you are pretty good at everything else?

I’ve been struggling a lot in my advanced math classes, but I did exceptionally well in all of my other classes, including physics. Is there any computer related major that doesn’t involve too much math?(No calculus involved please) #math #mathematics #career-options...

#computer

Brooke S.’s Avatar
Brooke S. Jul 30 111 views

What careers are available for math majors?

Math major and business minor #math...

#business

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30 152 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

#career-plan #college #major #majors #physics #choosing-a-major #computerscience #careers #career #july20 #career-choice #career-counseling #july #math

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25 252 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Jun 24 292 views

What career best suits my interests?

I enjoy administrative tasks such as office duties, budgeting, math, and providing explanations. I love to help people wherever and whenever I can. I have been trying to find a career that best suits my interest for years but nothing seems to stick. I will be starting college soon and I would...

#college #career #college-major #career-counseling #math

Rachel V.’s Avatar
Rachel V. Jun 21 337 views

How do you choose whether to major in computer science or software engineering?

I am applying for college soon, but I do not know how to pick between computer science and software engineering. I have not always been the best at math, and didn't do very well in math early on in my highschool career, but I managed to work my math grade up over the years. I am not naturally...

#computer-science #math #computer #software #engineering

Beatriz L.’s Avatar
Beatriz L. Jun 20 242 views

Do you need math to be an effective programmer?

I'm curious about the possibility of being a programmer. However, I'm not good with logic or math and haven't understood Python based on some free classes I've seen of it. #math #computer...

#programming

Jack W.’s Avatar
Jack W. Jun 09 84 views

Need of math within Arts & Humanities

I'm going into the Arts & Humanities and was wondering to what extent would I be using IB math within the course areas of a Bachelor of Arts. #math #math #c...

#art

Harry S.’s Avatar
Harry S. Jun 08 148 views

Can you still try for being a doctor even if you are bad at math?

Even when I was young, I wasn't really confident in math nor even good at it. Where I am curious if I can still run towards my dream which is becoming a neurosurgeon even if I am bad at math. #math #medicine...

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jun 05 129 views

I am planning to be an Acoustic Engineer in the future, so I can use both of my music, math, and science skills. What is/are the best major(s) for this field?

I am a rising junior and as of now, I am planning to major in Physics in college. I am wondering if this would be good for the career. #career #science #engineering #music...

#math

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 407 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#college #major #computer-science #minor #math #college-major #engineering

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 295 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#computer-science #science #stem #engineering #research #math

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 243 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#major #math #internship #college-major #engineering #research #minor #career #joint-major

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 173 views

To math and applied science majors - Has your major helped you reach your career goals? What do you do now?

And if applicable, did you go to grad school?What types of internships were you able to get that were outside your major (e.g. math major getting an engineering or computer science type of internship)? #math #career #college-major #science...

#applied-science

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. May 16 298 views

How do I know if engineering is the right field for me?

Hi! I'm currently a high school student trying to figure out what to major in for college. I enjoy solving problems and learning math/science, but I've never really been the type of person to take things apart and put them together just for the sake of it. Could I still consider being an...

#college #major #technology #science #engineering #tech #solutions #engineer #math

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 14 409 views

Should I take calculus?

I'm in high school right now wanting to pursue an education in business/economics, and I'm wondering if I should take calculus in my senior year. Any advice? #math #business #career #econ #economics #highschool #school #professional...

#university

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11 453 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this?

Hi, I'm a 16-year-old high school student determined to get an education in the areas of economics and business. I have many strengths but one of them does not include math. The Idea of this extremely bothers me because I feel as if I will struggle. Any advice? (thank you for all the...

#strengths #highschoolstudent #linkedin #economics #business #highschool #career #student #math

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11 249 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this.