Career Questions tagged Math

Using principals and fundamentals to study the number of topics. Ranging from an economist to system engineer, there are a wide array of careers available.

Emmalie A.’s Avatar
Emmalie A. Jan 13 44 views

What kinds of classes to I have to take in college to become a high school math teacher?

I am talking about like Calculus, geometry, algebra I and II. #math...

#teacher

Emmalie A.’s Avatar
Emmalie A. Jan 13 52 views

What's the best thing to focus on in college?

I am 17 and a junior in high school. I'm interested in becoming a math teacher. #high-school...

#math

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Dec 07, 2020 217 views

What's the best major/career for me?

I have been trying to find a major/career that suits me for a while, but nothing seems to stick because I have so many interests. I recently graduated from Clayton State University with my Associate of Arts in Integrative Studies and I will be graduating from high school in May. I plan to...

#math #education #healthcare #business #science #management #mentalhealth #college #career

Akshay S.’s Avatar
Akshay S. Nov 26, 2020 126 views

How to go about getting a summer internship related to computational biology as a high school sophomore?

I am a high school sophomore in the Bay Area with class work experience in Python, R, Matlab and Java. This year, I am taking graph theory and applied statistics courses. I am further interested in applications of math to chemistry and biology. #math #biology #computer-science #high-school...

#givingiscaring

Mikayla S.’s Avatar
Mikayla S. Nov 06, 2020 125 views
Caleb T.’s Avatar
Caleb T. Nov 03, 2020 71 views

I wanna be a mechanic or engineer?

Im not really good at math....

#math

Evelynn E.’s Avatar
Evelynn E. Oct 16, 2020 95 views

How do I get a job in forensics?

I'm a physics major with a minor in math and Spanish, and I don't know where to go, where to look, or how to get a job in forensics. I have been looking online a lot, but so far I have only found jobs for chemistry and psychology majors. Thank you #jobs #math #career #forensics #jobinforensics...

#forensicscience #firstjob #spanish #physics

Evelynn E.’s Avatar
Evelynn E. Oct 15, 2020 137 views

Jobs in forensics

I'm a physics major with a minor in math and spanish. I'm trying to look for a job that is related to forensics, but so far the ones that I have found are for biology, chemistry, and psychology majors. Thank you #forensics #forensicscience #job #physics #math #spanish #...

#first-job

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Sep 28, 2020 206 views

Is Fintech a good major to take?

Hi, I am planning on taking Fintech for my masters. Do i need to have very good math or statistics skills? Also is the degree something that can help me get a job faster? Thank you. #career #math #fintech #finance #technology #masterdegree #degree...

#statistics

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Aug 31, 2020 446 views

Can someone recommend me a major to consider?

Hi everyone i'm applying to colleges right now am i'm having a hard time choosing a major. I like math and science but my natural strengths are in writing and public speaking. I would like to go to grad school after college but I also want a major that offers good career options right out of...

#stem #science #career-counseling #career #math #career-path #majors

Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Aug 24, 2020 110 views

Which SAT math topics should I put emphasis on ?

The SAT is coming up shortly for me. I want to know the math topics I definitely need. #math...

#sat

Abigail B.’s Avatar
Abigail B. Aug 22, 2020 159 views
Bryan Z.’s Avatar
Bryan Z. Aug 05, 2020 281 views

What’s a good career/major if you absolutely sucks at everything related to math and numbers but you are pretty good at everything else?

I’ve been struggling a lot in my advanced math classes, but I did exceptionally well in all of my other classes, including physics. Is there any computer related major that doesn’t involve too much math?(No calculus involved please) #math #mathematics #career-options...

#computer

Brooke S.’s Avatar
Brooke S. Jul 30, 2020 155 views

What careers are available for math majors?

Math major and business minor #math...

#business

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30, 2020 214 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

#major #july #careers #career-choice #majors #career #computerscience #math #career-counseling #july20 #choosing-a-major #college #career-plan #physics

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25, 2020 368 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Jun 24, 2020 394 views

What career best suits my interests?

I enjoy administrative tasks such as office duties, budgeting, math, and providing explanations. I love to help people wherever and whenever I can. I have been trying to find a career that best suits my interest for years but nothing seems to stick. I will be starting college soon and I would...

#career-counseling #college-major #college #math #career

Rachel V.’s Avatar
Rachel V. Jun 21, 2020 421 views

How do you choose whether to major in computer science or software engineering?

I am applying for college soon, but I do not know how to pick between computer science and software engineering. I have not always been the best at math, and didn't do very well in math early on in my highschool career, but I managed to work my math grade up over the years. I am not naturally...

#software #computer-science #computer #math #engineering

Beatriz L.’s Avatar
Beatriz L. Jun 20, 2020 310 views

Do you need math to be an effective programmer?

I'm curious about the possibility of being a programmer. However, I'm not good with logic or math and haven't understood Python based on some free classes I've seen of it. #math #computer...

#programming