Career Questions tagged Math

Using principals and fundamentals to study the number of topics. Ranging from an economist to system engineer, there are a wide array of careers available.

Joseph J.’s Avatar
Joseph J. Mar 31 56 views

I am wondering what kinds of jobs I can get with a major in Applied Mathematics with a concentration in Physics.

I am a junior in college and am trying to find jobs to build up my experience for a finding a job in my field. I am currently enrolled to take accounting classes next semester but, I am not sure that is the correct step to take....

#math

Farrah A.’s Avatar
Farrah A. Mar 19 81 views

What is the best major for me if I’m interested in math and i’m so good at it

I am interested in logistics, business administration, computer science, and supply chain management #math #aerospace-engineering...

#business-management

peyton W.’s Avatar
peyton W. Mar 17 40 views

What is a good collage for engineers?

I am thinking about electrical engineering specifically....

#math

Myles D.’s Avatar
Myles D. Mar 10 57 views

If im trying to get into a good college, does taking 3 years of language make a huge difference even though 2 is the minimum?

Right now, my schedule for next year consists of 2 math classes because that will leave open a spot for an AP class in junior year, instead of having to wait till senior year. However it kicks out a language class and an art class. If I take the 2 math classes I will only be able to have 2...

#general #math

Emma N.’s Avatar
Emma N. Feb 24 130 views

Do I need to be good at math to succeed as a Biology major?

I like biology, but I struggle with math. I really want to be either a biologist or a forensic scientist. Anyone in the biology field bad at math? #biology #science #math #mathematics...

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Feb 23 76 views

Should I pursue a senior project that exposes me to a new area of physics or one that is more in line with what I believe I'll want to do as a career?

Currently, I don't have a clear idea as to what I want to do after graduation. I'll definitely apply to PhD programs, but I don't know what field I want to specialize in. Right now I'm most interested in optics, laser physics, and math. For my senior project, I'm tasked with choosing a...

#math #undergraduate #engineering #last-physics #undergrad #capstone #phd #college #optics #microelectronic-engineering #physics #research-advisor #senior-project #research

Makiya B.’s Avatar
Makiya B. Feb 22 77 views
Ashley M.’s Avatar
Ashley M. Feb 16 139 views

What types of math do I need for robotics

I’m 21 I like music and robots and I want to build and design the animatronics at Disney parks #math #robots...

#disney

Petunie T.’s Avatar
Petunie T. Feb 11 157 views

Are there good job opportunities right after undergrad?

As of right now, I am interested in majoring in chemical engineering or mathematics in college. #engineering #math #jobs...

Emmalie A.’s Avatar
Emmalie A. Jan 13 87 views

What kinds of classes to I have to take in college to become a high school math teacher?

I am talking about like Calculus, geometry, algebra I and II. #math...

#teacher

Emmalie A.’s Avatar
Emmalie A. Jan 13 99 views

What's the best thing to focus on in college?

I am 17 and a junior in high school. I'm interested in becoming a math teacher. #high-school...

#math

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Dec 07, 2020 369 views

What's the best major/career for me?

I have been trying to find a major/career that suits me for a while, but nothing seems to stick because I have so many interests. I recently graduated from Clayton State University with my Associate of Arts in Integrative Studies and I will be graduating from high school in May. I plan to...

#mentalhealth #management #math #business #science #education #college #career #healthcare

Akshay S.’s Avatar
Akshay S. Nov 26, 2020 190 views

How to go about getting a summer internship related to computational biology as a high school sophomore?

I am a high school sophomore in the Bay Area with class work experience in Python, R, Matlab and Java. This year, I am taking graph theory and applied statistics courses. I am further interested in applications of math to chemistry and biology. #math #biology #computer-science #high-school...

#givingiscaring

Mikayla S.’s Avatar
Mikayla S. Nov 06, 2020 200 views
Caleb T.’s Avatar
Caleb T. Nov 03, 2020 101 views

I wanna be a mechanic or engineer?

Im not really good at math....

#math

Evelynn E.’s Avatar
Evelynn E. Oct 16, 2020 129 views

How do I get a job in forensics?

I'm a physics major with a minor in math and Spanish, and I don't know where to go, where to look, or how to get a job in forensics. I have been looking online a lot, but so far I have only found jobs for chemistry and psychology majors. Thank you #jobs #math #career #forensics #jobinforensics...

#physics #forensicscience #spanish #firstjob

Evelynn E.’s Avatar
Evelynn E. Oct 15, 2020 174 views

Jobs in forensics

I'm a physics major with a minor in math and spanish. I'm trying to look for a job that is related to forensics, but so far the ones that I have found are for biology, chemistry, and psychology majors. Thank you #forensics #forensicscience #job #physics #math #spanish #...

#first-job

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Sep 28, 2020 376 views

Is Fintech a good major to take?

Hi, I am planning on taking Fintech for my masters. Do i need to have very good math or statistics skills? Also is the degree something that can help me get a job faster? Thank you. #career #math #fintech #finance #technology #masterdegree #degree...

#statistics

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Aug 31, 2020 507 views

Can someone recommend me a major to consider?

Hi everyone i'm applying to colleges right now am i'm having a hard time choosing a major. I like math and science but my natural strengths are in writing and public speaking. I would like to go to grad school after college but I also want a major that offers good career options right out of...

#stem #math #career-path #career-counseling #majors #career #science

Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Aug 24, 2020 137 views

Which SAT math topics should I put emphasis on ?

The SAT is coming up shortly for me. I want to know the math topics I definitely need. #math...

#sat