Career questions tagged math

Using principals and fundamentals to study the number of topics. Ranging from an economist to system engineer, there are a wide array of careers available. Read more Show less
User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Sawyer499 views

What is classes can I take in school in order to help me with math?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Matthew349 views

How does the ppa work?

How does the ppa work do i need it to take math 70 and when can i take it. i to to san jose state if i dont take it in time how else can i qualify for the class thank you

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alaric401 views

What should I major in? I am stuck between three options.

Summary: I like quantum mechanics and how it relates to chemistry and of course, physics, but pure math also captivates me. I’m having trouble deciding between three majors. The majors are math, physics, and chemistry. For some background, I am a rising freshman in high school. I have experience with all three subject areas. I’ve been interested in chemistry since third grade. I started memorizing the order of the elements and eventually finished. I tore through books and bored my family. I am currently self-studying physical chemistry, and I’m really enjoying. I’m currently focusing on quantum chemistry. It was the branch of chemistry that really stuck out to me. Other areas aren’t as interesting to me. I’m also currently self-studying higher level math just so I can understand physical chemistry better. Now, for physics, I’m really only interested in quantum mechanics, acoustics, low and ultra-low temperature, and maybe the chemical part. Classical mechanics doesn’t really interest me. I’ve attended a physics camp and toured the labs. I fell in love with the low temperature lab. I will come back to the camp as a mentor in future. In fifth grade, I loved particle accelerators. We had an independent project, and that’s what I made my video on. Now for math, I love math. It’s my favorite subject. As previously mentioned, I’m thoroughly enjoying self-studying math. I enjoying teaching others what I learn as well. I want to learn all of the math in world. I get visibly excited when a math topic I like is discussed. Pure math interests me the most. I’m not opposed to double majoring or having minors. I’m planning on going to grad school. For careers, I’d like to become a researcher or work in academia, but I really can’t decide what field. Is there a major that combines the three fields?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ashley263 views

What courses can I take it to better my career path in math?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dee373 views

What subjects do you need to know in order to become a pilot?

I heard a bunch of websites say that I need to learn math and physics and maybe even chemistry to become a pilot. Do I need to learn the basics of physics and chemistry to become a pilot? Or do I need to learn more in depth of the subject?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kynya357 views

How can I manage stress during times of failure and stagnant progress?

I'm an 18 year old college sophomore majoring in animal science, and I've been really struggling in math based subjects since high school. It seems no matter how hard I study or spend time with my tutors, I barely see any progress and it causes me loads of stress that affects my relationship with my family/friends and a bit of an issue with my other grades, since I'm so focused on improving in mathematics. I want to do better and be better overall.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sanya472 views

I got a 76 on my math final and it dropped my math grade down to a 91% , I take Honors Algebra 2 as a ninth grader should I be worried that my math grade is so low?

My teacher also taught half the material three days before the exam.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Itzel519 views

what are your STEM career experiences?

Hi! Im really into math, physics, and computer science and its something I want to do when I'm older however I've never met someone in these fields besides teachers, so career wise I'm confused. Could some of you tell me about your careers and what you do? I want to see what would suit me.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kristian609 views

best path career to develop my skills in math?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Christian368 views

How can this website help me prepare for college and what it has to offer?

I am in 11th grade and wanting to learn more about the major im wanting to explore more which is computer science.?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Huntington806 views

Have you experienced or witnessed discrimination in the STEM field?

We have a huge research project in our PBL class where we need to gather information on discrimination in STEM. If you or someone you know has faced discrimination in the STEM field please fill out this Google form. You can choose to stay anonymous. https://forms.gle/y6EEJbqxNB4BDU3g6

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kris984 views

Is there any free online career counselling websites??

I finished bsc mathematics and but I'm confused about what I do next. I'm interested in subjects like space, history, statistics, computer programming and I also like music and acting. I'm also like solving maths problems. But, I also want to become an entrepreneur and I always think about different business ideas.... I'm really confused about what my real passion and what I want to do or what I'm good at.. what should I do? Is there any free online career counselling websites?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ella364 views

how many hours i have to reading to be good in math?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jamie762 views

Have you witnessed or dealt with discrimination in STEM?

We have a huge research project in our class where we need to gather information about discrimination people have faced in STEM? Whether it was when you were a student or have a full- time carrer, have you faced discrimination?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Huntington579 views

What kind of discrimination have you experienced or witnessed in the STEM field?

We have a huge research project in our class where we need to gather information about discrimination people have faced in STEM. Whether it was while you were still a student, or had a full-time career, have you witnessed or dealt with it?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alaric454 views

What would be a good plan for someone wanting to become an acoustic/noise control engineer?

I was planning on getting two degrees: one in math and the second in physics. Then I want to get a masters and doctorate in acoustics from Penn State. I then started researching the Institue of Noise Control Engineering. Would it be a good idea to apply for membership to INCE after graduate school? Should I do it earlier? Should I wait? Should I do it at all? Then I want to complete all three INCE courses in noise control engineering. Is board certification worth it?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Helen339 views

What type of math programs are there in university?

I am interested in seeing if there are math-related programs provided at colleges.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Miley416 views

Why did you decide to be a Math Teacher?

I'm a high school student who is curious about what route I should take to become a Math Teacher and what grade levels I should teach.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Miley368 views

What advice do you have for someone who is going to be a Math Teacher?

I'm a high school student who wants to get her Master's degree in Mathematics.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
savanna362 views

How can I pass all of my classes?

I have a d in math and I would like to raise my grade.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Colter547 views

what is best resource to learn new skills?

skills like programming and math

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sym641 views

What is the best thing to do to prepare before pursuing a comp sci and mathematics double major?

Grade 12, senior

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Henry515 views

which one you prefer?

i love math

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Erika1290 views

Financial algebra or calculus?

Is Financial algebra or calculus a better math course to take for senior year if i want to pursue a business career? Or should i even take both?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ivan734 views

What is a great place to go to college for Math in general?

I like Math.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ivan816 views

What is a good career path if you are good at Math.?

I love Math. I like baseball.

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Helen274 views

What do people normally do in jobs related to math?

I'm wondering if majoring in math is the correct pathway for me as I want to find a job in the future where it'll match my interests.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Helen406 views

What are career pathways for those who want to major in mathematics?

I want to major in mathematics and I'm interested in the career pathways after acquiring a bachelor's degree.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Helen254 views

Are there any math opportunities for high schoolers?

I want to major in mathematics but I can't seem to find anything related to mathematics online.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
jamie693 views

why is univesity important?

I like the math and music because is very incredible and amazing, I like the math for the numbers and the music for the melody, the notes and the letters

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon