Career Questions tagged Math

Using principals and fundamentals to study the number of topics. Ranging from an economist to system engineer, there are a wide array of careers available.

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 98 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#major #college #engineering #computer-science #college-major #math #minor

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 106 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#engineering #math #computer-science #stem #research #science

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 97 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#major #engineering #college-major #math #joint-major #career #internship #research #minor

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 71 views

To math and applied science majors - Has your major helped you reach your career goals? What do you do now?

And if applicable, did you go to grad school?What types of internships were you able to get that were outside your major (e.g. math major getting an engineering or computer science type of internship)? #math #career #college-major #science...

#applied-science

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. May 16 108 views

How do I know if engineering is the right field for me?

Hi! I'm currently a high school student trying to figure out what to major in for college. I enjoy solving problems and learning math/science, but I've never really been the type of person to take things apart and put them together just for the sake of it. Could I still consider being an...

#major #college #engineering #math #solutions #technology #tech #engineer #science

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 14 169 views

Should I take calculus?

I'm in high school right now wanting to pursue an education in business/economics, and I'm wondering if I should take calculus in my senior year. Any advice? #math #business #career #econ #economics #highschool #school #professional...

#university

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11 303 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this?

Hi, I'm a 16-year-old high school student determined to get an education in the areas of economics and business. I have many strengths but one of them does not include math. The Idea of this extremely bothers me because I feel as if I will struggle. Any advice? (thank you for all the...

#economics #student #math #highschool #highschoolstudent #strengths #linkedin #career #business

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11 118 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this.

Tina L.’s Avatar
Tina L. May 02 100 views

Is it crazy to take 2 science courses + 1 math course in one semester?

I am going to transfer to a 4-year university as a biology major, but the classes they require are mainly and only science + math classes. I already finished my "smaller" classes in the previous semesters, such as art, English, history, etc. Each of my remaining semesters in school will...

#major #college #university #biology #math #mathematics #chemistry #bioscience #calculus #science

Mermaid O.’s Avatar
Mermaid O. Apr 26 155 views

Should I be a psychiatrist nurse or an interior designer?

Hello, My anatomy and physiology class is not doing great. I've been failing the exams which I study each day to pass the exam. However, I think i'm going to give up to be a nurse and maybe change careers. What do you think I should do? #help #what #nurse # #nurse-practitioner...

#registered-nurses #interiordesign #math #nursing #medicine #reading #healthcare #engineer

David D.’s Avatar
David D. Apr 21 140 views

What are the skills and educational requirements to become an accountant?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I wish to become an accountant. I am in honors math classes and I quite enjoy math, I get exited once I finally solve a challenging problem. I had a project in 8th grade that involved taxes and I actually enjoyed it, that's how I got the idea that I want to...

#college #business #accounting #math #accountant

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 20 134 views

What can you do with both a statistics(or applied math) degree and an economics degree?

I am interested in statistics, applied math, and economics, but don't know people who had double-majored in these areas. Just wondering what your working experience is like before and after graduation. How is your day like and what is the best part of your job? Much thanks! #math #career...

#technology #economics #statistics

Xilai F.’s Avatar
Xilai F. Mar 30 74 views

what is your major

statistics...

#math

Alexia D.’s Avatar
Alexia D. Mar 25 122 views

What kind of career options are out there for people with an interest in math?

I am a college freshman with an interest in math. #math...

Ethan G.’s Avatar
Ethan G. Mar 24 101 views

Can this count for my volunteer hours?

I am a grade 10 high school student attending Saint Mother Teresa. I love mathematics and is pretty good at it (87 average). My hobbies include playing board games, chess and basketball. Recently I was going to get interviewed to become a tutor but because of COVID-19, it got canceled and now I...

#volunteer #math #grade10 #highschool

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Mar 23 253 views

What careers should I look into?

For years I have been trying to figure out what career/field I should go into. I have been looking into healthcare, but I decided to consider other fields to make sure that's what I want to do. I am interested in math, science, technology, art, agriculture, and photography. I am also a people...

#major #college #photography #college-major #math #agriculture #career-counseling #technology #job #career #art #science

Gwen T.’s Avatar
Gwen T. Feb 29 112 views

Online versus In-Person?

Sometimes classes I need have the option of being online with testing done in person at the college. I've taken two last summer and did well. I'm considering a few more over the summer but this time they would be math (basic college algebra) and maybe a history class. Are there any classes you...

#college-major #math #college #teacher

ammy G.’s Avatar
ammy G. Feb 06 140 views
James B.’s Avatar
James B. Feb 06 153 views

How to be involved in economics?

I like math and i think that i'm pretty good #college #math #economics #accounting #college-major...

Anna R.’s Avatar
Anna R. Jan 30 70 views

What type of job is good for me?

I like blood math fixing things making other people better and solving problems but I hate throw up and bugs #math...

#career

Zhilun Y.’s Avatar
Zhilun Y. Jan 17 132 views