Career Questions tagged Optometry

Lynae H.’s Avatar
Lynae H. Aug 04 200 views

College biology student with too many career options

I am entering my junior year of college and do not know how to choose a career. I am a biology major with many interests and career options like optometry, genetic counseling, research, and college professor. I have shadowed an optometrist (a career I have been interested in for a long time)...

college medicine genetics science optometry biology research career doctor

Britney T.’s Avatar
Britney T. Oct 19, 2020 124 views

Optometry or Ophthalmology?

Do you believe one is better than the other? If so, in what aspects? medicine optometry...

ophthalmology

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. Sep 18, 2018 420 views

Can I major in Business Management and go to Dental School or Optometry School?

I'm a freshman who just started college and I'm quite confused. At first I was a business major and then switched over to biological sciences because I've always wanted a career in the health field and thought that might be the best major. Now, I don't really think so. I either want to be a...

pre-optometry business-management college business pre-dental health entrepreneur optometry college-major dental

Jade L.’s Avatar
Jade L. Mar 19, 2018 369 views

How do you start a business?

I aspire to be an optometrist and hopefully start my own optometry practice cold. How would I go about doing this? optometry eye-care entrepreneurship ceo...

start-ups

Jade L.’s Avatar
Jade L. Mar 19, 2018 364 views

Should I go in undecided, look into majors, or stick with biology?

My current major is biology but I'm not 100% if I will be interested in this field. There are some things I like and dislike about it but I understand with every major, there might be a couple classes/subjects that will not excite you. I have also heard it is one of the more challenging...

college college-major optometry biology

Karena K.’s Avatar
Karena K. Apr 02, 2018 468 views

What are some interview tips?

I am applying to optometry school this year, so hopefully I get some interviews! eyes optometry interviews...

professional-development

Karena K.’s Avatar
Karena K. Apr 02, 2018 322 views

What are factors that make your career interesting?

I would like to be an optometrist, so I am worried that in the long run, I will get bored looking at just eyes. eyes...

optometry

Markey T.’s Avatar
Markey T. Jan 17, 2018 327 views

What can I do to increase my chances of getting accepted into an Optometry Program?

I have always wanted to become an Optometrist. I want to make sure that I am doing everything right.....

optometry

Markey T.’s Avatar
Markey T. Jan 17, 2018 344 views

What Undergrad Degree should I declare for a career in Optometry?

I am a senior and applying for college. I do not want to waste time declaring a degree that will not aid in my application to Optometry school....

optometry

Jenalyn D.’s Avatar
Jenalyn D. Jan 10, 2018 348 views

What are the best colleges for someone pursuing Optometry?

I am High School student interested in Optometry in need of advice based on this topic....

optometry

zeinab F.’s Avatar
zeinab F. Oct 10, 2017 623 views

How many years does it take to become an eye doctor?

i want to become an eye doctor but im not sure how many years it takes to complete that. medicine eye-care eye-doctor doctor...

optometry

Isela M.’s Avatar
Isela M. May 12, 2016 613 views
Nandhini R.’s Avatar
Nandhini R. Apr 29, 2016 647 views

What are some tips on how to treat a blind patient?

Hi i am nandhini iam studying in 10 standard my question is how to treat a blind patient? doctor optometry eye-care...

handicapped-children

Cierra W.’s Avatar
Cierra W. Sep 28, 2017 351 views

I like to be a small business owner on the side. As far as education wise, how should I go about accomplishing that?

I want to become an optometrist, yet I would also like to become a small business owner. How would I go about accomplishing that, education wise? optometry smallbusiness...

college

Airy R.’s Avatar
Airy R. May 15, 2016 3111 views

What is the fastest way to become an optometrist?

I know that becoming an optometrist takes time, but I want to know if there are any schools out there that will help me get to my career faster medicine healthcare...

optometry

Nellie R.’s Avatar
Nellie R. May 26, 2016 1320 views

Optometry vs. Ophthalmology- Should I be worried that the MDs will take over the ODs?

I am interested in pursuing Optometry, which means I would need to take the OAT, and go into Optometry school. However, if you go through with Medical school, and the MCAT, one could become an Ophthalmologist. I don't want to begin following the Optometry route if the MDs could take over the...

optometrist employment healthcare medicine optometry ophthalmologist

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. May 19, 2017 680 views

Does hurt your eyes if you gaze at the sun?

I looked directly at the sun when I was younger, and was told that it would be harmful. I'm interested in optometry, and would like to know why it is bad for me to do so. [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] health astronomy optometry...

eye-care

Anastasia D.’s Avatar
Anastasia D. Jan 10, 2017 558 views

What other doctoral degrees include just 4 years after undergrad?

Im a junior in high school, trying to narrow down my career choices. I know i want to do something medical, and im willing to put in the time for something im passionate about. However, it becomes a problem of money and tuition for 10-15 years. I also cant really imagine studying generalized...

professor medical-school medicine college-major doctor optometry

Benjamin  B.’s Avatar
Benjamin B. Oct 26, 2016 435 views

As a young man planning to attend college I want to pursue a career that will allow me to give back to my community and others through volunteer service. As an optometrist what is the biggest volunteer service project you completed in helping others?

My goal and ambition in life is to serve and help others. I have a passion to make people smile and give of myself and time. I volunteer in my community by working with kids, elderly and my church. As I attend college and pursue a career I want to know that their is other opportunities in this...

optometry

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 12, 2016 590 views

Do optometrists have trouble finding job openings once graduated?

There are so many optometrist school graduates and limited job openings. graduate...

optometry

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 12, 2016 595 views
Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 12, 2016 2475 views
Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 12, 2016 1290 views
Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 12, 2016 737 views

What is the path to becoming an optometrist?

I am curious about this profession. college...

optometry

Krista R.’s Avatar
Krista R. May 17, 2016 713 views

What is some advice you have about starting a new business from scratch?

I am an aspiring optometrist, hoping to open my own practice one day. While most of my studies are focused on the sciences, I feel I am lacking in the business area. Advice about where to start or important steps along the way would be very helpful! business medicine...

optometry