Career Questions tagged Ophthalmology

Miriam G.’s Avatar
Miriam G. Mar 25, 2019 119 views
Bhavani S.’s Avatar
Bhavani S. Jan 17, 2018 229 views

How will the MD-DO residency merger affect students seeking an MD and students seeking a DO, particularly those students interesting in pursuing ophthalmology?

I've has a passion for medicine for as long as I can remember. Due to my medical history and having read up on various conditions and diseases, I've found ophthalmology to be the field, that I would like to pursue, so that I can give other individuals a shot at living an uninhibited life. I...

#residency #ophthalmology #medicine

Dariann L.’s Avatar
Dariann L. Jan 17, 2018 234 views

What will the future look like for ocular medicine and technological advancements?

The reason I ask this is because I am going to college to become an Ophthalmic Technician and I graduate in May 2019. With technology moving at a fast pace, I wonder if my professors will be able to create advanced lessons and labs in regards to the medical advancements occurring in the future....

#technology #healthcare #medicine #medical-careers #ophthalmology #hospital-and-health-care

Dariann L.’s Avatar
Dariann L. Jan 17, 2018 263 views

If I work in a medical career in another country, what are the regulations I need to follow?

If I become certified with IJCAHPO (International Joint Commission on Allied Health Professionals in Ophthalmology) after graduating with my Associates, I can pretty much find a career in another country. If there is anyone working abroad or internationally in the medical field, I am interested...

#hospital-and-health-care #ophthalmology #living-abroad #medical-careers #international-law #working-abroad #medicine #healthcare