Career Questions tagged Volunteer

Paul M.’s Avatar
Paul M. Sep 19 16 views

What is my Job as a Volunteer Agent will be all about?

#volunteer I want to continue my education into Criminal Justice#Policeofficer#law enforcement...

#criminal-justice

Khyati P.’s Avatar
Khyati P. Sep 04 32 views

Premed student career

Hi I am currently a premed student studying biochemistry in NYC to become a pharmacist . I have a few volunteer experiences but not any internships within this field . Where can I search for internships and volunteer opportunities within my field to help improve resume and career within my...

#job #pharmacist #pharmacy #internship #medicine #volunteer

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jul 16 85 views

How do I get hired if I have no job experience? I have animal experience but not at a clinic. How do I put into words that I have the skills needed for the job and I have the experience just not a paid one?

I want to be a vet tech. I am taking a gap year to work and get money before I head off to college( I was enrolled in a college but due to financial issues I need to stay home and work). I need the animal experience and need/ want to work at a clinic. I have no job professional job experience...

#job #college #animals #vettech #volunteer #career

Elisa C.’s Avatar
Elisa C. Jan 24 73 views

BCBA Volunteer opportunities for after 5pm on weekdays and anytime weekends

I am a current adult student completing the required academic course work by the BACB; however, to fulfill the 1500 fieldwork hours, I need is a practicum site and a supervisor. I work during the day. That is why I am willing to volunteer after 5 p.m. during the week and anytime on the...

#volunteering #nonprofit #texas #volunteer #bcba

Andrew C.’s Avatar
Andrew C. May 02, 2018 130 views

How was your experience attending mission humanitaire program in Benin?

Me and my friends are planning to go on a mission humanitaire (http://www.mission-humanitaire-afrique.org) program in Benin. If anyone has any experience with such mission humanitaire program. Please share your experience. #missionhumanitaire #missionhumanitaireafrique #voyagehumanitaire...

#volunteering #nonprofit #volunteer #humanitarian

Tejuoso E.’s Avatar
Tejuoso E. Apr 02 90 views

Can I get a volunteer job to work with

I want to join a non governmental organization as a volunteer...

#volunteer

Miriam G.’s Avatar
Miriam G. Mar 25 69 views

How do I find volunteer opportunities as a technician in ophthalmology?

I'm looking volunteer as a technician for a private ophthalmology practice. #volunteer #ophthalmology #technician...

#career

Rahsaan L.’s Avatar
Rahsaan L. Jan 20 147 views

what are other ways beside going to school will help me to become a social worker?

right now finances aren't so great fore me to enroll in school at the moment #volunteer...

#social-worker

Mariya T.’s Avatar
Mariya T. Oct 29, 2018 254 views

During high school, should I continue volunteering or get a job?

I am currently in high school and am an aspiring psychiatrist. Although there is a long way to go, I want to be as prepared as possible. I am aware that the cost of college and medical school is quite hefty and would like to tend to that as proactively as I can. However, is having money to pay...

#job #experience #medicine #volunteer #college

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Sep 29, 2018 147 views

Is it more beneficial to have unpaid internships and more of a variety of experience or paid work with strong connections, but not as much of a variety of experience??

I'm hoping to make my future applications to veterinary school as strong as possible and I'm wondering if paid work is given more consideration even if it isn't necessarily as varied as having multiple unpaid internships in a range of sub-fields. # #internship #volunteer #college #vet-school...

#resume #application #veterinary-school #experience #veterinarian

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Sep 17, 2018 152 views

Are there any places I can volunteer that would show my commitment to wanting to be a pharmacist?

There are a lot of hospices and hospitals that I want to volunteer at but I'm not old enough to yet. I want to start showing my passion for pharmacy and medicine now. What type of places can I volunteer at that will show I'm dedicated to pursuing a pharmaceutical degree? #pharmacist #pharmacy...

#medicine #volunteer

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 171 views

What kind of volunteering hours can we include in college applications?

When I apply for colleges, I notice that they ask for volunteer hours. I'm curious as to what kind of hours they will consider. I volunteer at my church occasionally and help out at my school, do activities like that count? #volunteer...

#collegeapplication

Timothy K.’s Avatar
Timothy K. Aug 23, 2018 148 views

On college applications, should I include all of my community service, or should I just include the things that meant the most?

I am wondering if community service gets redundant after so much of it and then if it may be better for me to include all of it on my applications. Should I just include the most recent things, and the things that impacted me the most? #application...

#volunteer

Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018 146 views

Do colleges look for involvement with sports and organizations?

I participate in cheerleading, track and field, fellowship of christian atheles, younglife, and multiple volunteering programs. Are colleges interested in students tha can balance these things and maintaining a good GPA. Basically, what impact does extra-curriculars bring to the college world....

#gpa #christian #trackandfield #highschool #volunteer #college #cheer

Cheyenne W.’s Avatar
Cheyenne W. Apr 21, 2018 190 views

What are other ways to get experience in nursing for a H.S. student other than volunteering at a hospital?

I am a high school junior interested in the nursing career and I want the most interesting application when applying to colleges. #volunteer #nurse #nursing #hospital-and-healthcare...

#healthcare

John G.’s Avatar
John G. May 25, 2018 254 views

Should I focus on academics or extracurricular activities?

I will start a one year graduate program this fall. I am also active as a volunteer and leader in several organizations that match my interests and later career goals. If my academic responsibilities and my responsibilities due to my positions in these organizations conflict, can it make sense...

#jobs #grades #extracurriculars #studying #volunteer #college

Emma P.’s Avatar
Emma P. May 20, 2018 226 views

Is it possible to live comfortably while working in the volunteer industry?

I hope to serve others and volunteer as a career path. While I feel serving others is my calling, I don't exactly want to live in poverty. So, is it possible to live comfortably while also being able to serve others? In addition, is a career like that able to be balanced with a typical social...

#social-work #money #nonprofit #volunteer #career

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Mar 20, 2018 192 views

What are volunteering opportunities that I can apply to if I am under 16 for the time being?

So right now, I am involved in three programs that I recieve good hours in, but I want to do more hours, as well as having a variety of experience in other fields. #volunteering #nonprofits...

#volunteer

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 276 views

Would it look bad on a resume to have a gap in internships?

Would it look bad on a resume if I didn't do an internship one year, but instead did summer classes, or volunteered? #volunteer #resume...

#internships

Elena L.’s Avatar
Elena L. Jan 16, 2018 161 views
Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Jan 12, 2018 248 views

Anyone have ideas as to where a second year college student may volunteer?

I'm a college student interested in child psychology currently looking for any kind of volunteer experience possibly a job to start building my skills and resume. Thx! #volunteer #job-search...

#sa

Risa M.’s Avatar
Risa M. May 19, 2016 510 views

How do I best prepare myself to not only be an effective, professional, and successful worker but leader?

I'm currently unsure of what exactly I want to do in the future, but I have a heart for at-risk, underrepresented, vulnerable populations, preferably somewhere out of the country. This, however, is a rather broad umbrella topic and I hope to find that career for me through various opportunities...

#leader #veterans #volunteer #volunteering #service #outdoor #homeless #undecided

Stephanie W.’s Avatar
Stephanie W. Feb 09, 2017 383 views

How important is volunteer experience in a healthcare setting in preparation to becoming a nurse?

I have not yet volunteered at any hospitals or nursing homes but know that it's important to get volunteer experience. #nurse #healthcare #registered-nurses #nurse-practitioner #volunteer #hospitals...

#nursing-homes

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 433 views

Can I use old volunteer experience on scholarship applications?

I have quite a bit of volunteer experience, but all of it is from over 3 years ago. Can I still use that experience to apply for scholarships or is it too old to be relevant? #scholarships #volunteering #scholarship...

#volunteer

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 394 views

Should I still apply for a scholarship/bursary if I don't fit all the requirements?

My school offers many scholarships and bursaries to students with volunteer experience, however I haven't volunteered in 3 years. If I fit all the other requirements, should I still apply? #scholarships #volunteering #scholarship #volunteer...

#bursary