Career Questions tagged Community

Inderjeet Singh’s Avatar
Inderjeet S. Jul 29 60 views
KAREN L.’s Avatar
KAREN L. Mar 21 129 views
Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30 140 views

What is the best way to create connections within a community?

When working with community outreach, how do you determine where it would be best to look to find connections to a common ground within community development? #community-management #business-management #networking #communitydevelopment #community #outreach #engagement...

#career

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30 162 views

How much of your job in community development involves research?

Do you feel that you need to really study the community you are working with in order to benefit them most? Do you find that reaching out to community members helps to understand the needs of the whole community most adequately, or do you research programs similar to ones you may be considering...

#community-services #development #community-outreach #research #community #career #community-management #community-development

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30 104 views

What are the pros and cons of working for a non-profit?

I have worked within the educational field for the past decade. I am working towards obtaining my BS in Community Development, and want to see what my options may be, highly considering non-profit organizations #college-major #career #community #development...

#degree

Maria L.’s Avatar
Maria L. Aug 11, 2018 206 views
steffy O.’s Avatar
steffy O. May 21, 2018 248 views

what are the main qualifications and requirments for becoming a victims advocate

I know becoming a advocate you need to prepare yourself not only mentally but Emotionally as well , what would be some of the in things that jobs target and look for in advocates #psychology #advocacy #community...

#criminal-justice

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 24, 2018 276 views

What specific skills do I need to be a community organizer?

Right now I am a social work major with a minor in political science at a university in Texas. I want to go into community organizing in the local area, and in the future in other areas. I have a broad idea of what a community organizer does, but I would love to get firsthand information about...

#social-work #community-organizing #political-science #community

Trisha B.’s Avatar
Trisha B. Apr 25, 2018 268 views

What are the first things I should look to be involved in at college for an incoming freshman?

I am quite nervous about going to a large college (roughly 20,000). I wish to make my application stand out to future employers by getting involved with the school however I am not sure what exactly would make me stand out as an individual. #jobs #future #community...

#community-involvement

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Jan 17, 2018 381 views

How do I get information on different programs and clubs outside of school?

Recently, I have learned about different programs that are offered to students in my community, that I have never heard of before, until now. With this realization, I'd like to know how to be able to get informed if there are other programs or clubs that I'd be able to participate in. Not only...

#clubs #student-activities #community #community-outreach #programs #communications #nonprofits

Josephine K.’s Avatar
Josephine K. Jan 16, 2018 371 views

How can low income students be encouraged to pursue a higher education?

Few people that I have visited living in a low income community have made the excuse that the lack of them being successful is the reason behind how less resourceful their community is. But, In my perspective that reason is invalid because I also live in a low income community. For that...

#social-activism #college #low-income #community #education #higher-education

Anthony R.’s Avatar
Anthony R. Apr 10, 2017 502 views

How do we keep young men and women involved in the community!

I love social work and I intern for Mercy Corps NW. We work with men and women reentering the community to get the resources they need to be successful. #5-10 #social-work #reentry #community #nonprofits...

#community-involvement

Kaira S.’s Avatar
Kaira S. Jan 24, 2018 390 views

What careers should I look into if I like to help people?

I am currently a senior in high school and I go to college in the fall of 2018. I am still unsure of what I want to major in, but I do know I love to help people. Many people tell I am helpful and I also tutor and volunteer a lot within my community. I was wondering what careers deal with...

#college #career-choice #community #majors #nurse #math

Marie R.’s Avatar
Marie R. Jan 17, 2018 429 views

How can you find your community in college?

I'm concerned that making lasting friendships will be much more difficult in college. I don't really want to participate in Greek life, and I'm not sure how many groups related to my religious and extracurricular interests will be available in college. I'm used to being around a small,...

#college #friends #college-advice #community #collegelife

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 479 views

Is the structure of the community management career path quite stable or continuing to change?

Rumor has it the community management profession is changing. Is that true? If so, does that mean that the career path is changing as well? How should our students who are interested in careers in community management (many of whom will not be entering the workforce for several years) plan to...

#career-path #community-management #community

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 627 views

Do I need a college degree to start a career in community management? If so, what type of degree would I need?

[This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community management, now would be a good time to ask a question of your own!] College costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. Students want to...

#community-management #college #community

Kayla N.’s Avatar
Kayla N. Jul 07, 2017 566 views

Do you still have to take the SAT even if your going to community college?

I feel like I already know the answer to this but I just want to ask the community and get some trustworthy feedback. # SAT #community college...

Omid E.’s Avatar
Omid E. May 30, 2017 449 views

How to get into a top school when your gonna be attending community college?

Hi my name is Omid and I am a Junior in high school. My GPA is in the range of a 3.3 and I feel that it is not good enough to get into a top school. Because of this I have been deciding a little bit of going to community college. Is this okay and is it still possible to get into a major top...

#university #college #top-colleges #community

Irish W.’s Avatar
Irish W. May 25, 2016 835 views

How do you truly know what you want to be?

I am about to start my freshman year in college in the fall and I am torn about what I want to do. I want to do something that would make an impact on someone or something's life. I want to make a difference but I don't really know how and what career would be best for me. I am an introvert but...

#business-management #non-profits #activists #community

alisha H.’s Avatar
alisha H. May 14, 2016 792 views

Does the college you go to really matter when you get a job in the future?

i don't know the relevance of wether you go to an ivy league vs. an institute of community college. #college #colleges #ivy-league #community...

#institute

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Jul 08, 2016 594 views

How to get more involved in the community?

Are there organizations or something that you would recommend I join/do in the community? What is a good way to start getting involved ? #career #job #community...

#community-involvement

Chris P.’s Avatar
Chris P. May 28, 2016 672 views

Pursuing my passion to serve my community, where do I turn after college to become apart of a police force.

I need help to figure out where to go after getting my degree in criminal justice. #police #police-officer #firefighting...

#community

Marissa A.’s Avatar
Marissa A. May 20, 2016 685 views

What should I know about my first year majoring in education in community college?

I am planning on going to Dutchess Community College. #college #professor #students #professors...

#community