Career Questions tagged Community

Maria L.’s Avatar
Maria L. Aug 11, 2018 123 views

How much homework do you get?

steffy O.’s Avatar
steffy O. May 21, 2018 168 views

what are the main qualifications and requirments for becoming a victims advocate

I know becoming a advocate you need to prepare yourself not only mentally but Emotionally as well , what would be some of the in things that jobs target and look for in advocates #psychology #advocacy #community...

#criminal-justice

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 24, 2018 177 views

What specific skills do I need to be a community organizer?

Right now I am a social work major with a minor in political science at a university in Texas. I want to go into community organizing in the local area, and in the future in other areas. I have a broad idea of what a community organizer does, but I would love to get firsthand information about...

#community-organizing #social-work #political-science #community

Trisha B.’s Avatar
Trisha B. Apr 25, 2018 192 views

What are the first things I should look to be involved in at college for an incoming freshman?

I am quite nervous about going to a large college (roughly 20,000). I wish to make my application stand out to future employers by getting involved with the school however I am not sure what exactly would make me stand out as an individual. #jobs #future #community...

#community-involvement

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Jan 17, 2018 267 views

How do I get information on different programs and clubs outside of school?

Recently, I have learned about different programs that are offered to students in my community, that I have never heard of before, until now. With this realization, I'd like to know how to be able to get informed if there are other programs or clubs that I'd be able to participate in. Not only...

#nonprofits #communications #programs #community #student-activities #community-outreach #clubs

Josephine K.’s Avatar
Josephine K. Jan 16, 2018 287 views

How can low income students be encouraged to pursue a higher education?

Few people that I have visited living in a low income community have made the excuse that the lack of them being successful is the reason behind how less resourceful their community is. But, In my perspective that reason is invalid because I also live in a low income community. For that...

#social-activism #community #low-income #higher-education #education #college

Anthony R.’s Avatar
Anthony R. Apr 10, 2017 403 views

How do we keep young men and women involved in the community!

I love social work and I intern for Mercy Corps NW. We work with men and women reentering the community to get the resources they need to be successful. #5-10 #social-work #reentry #community #nonprofits...

#community-involvement

Kaira S.’s Avatar
Kaira S. Jan 24, 2018 307 views

What careers should I look into if I like to help people?

I am currently a senior in high school and I go to college in the fall of 2018. I am still unsure of what I want to major in, but I do know I love to help people. Many people tell I am helpful and I also tutor and volunteer a lot within my community. I was wondering what careers deal with...

#nurse #career-choice #community #majors #college #math

Marie R.’s Avatar
Marie R. Jan 17, 2018 340 views

How can you find your community in college?

I'm concerned that making lasting friendships will be much more difficult in college. I don't really want to participate in Greek life, and I'm not sure how many groups related to my religious and extracurricular interests will be available in college. I'm used to being around a small,...

#college-advice #collegelife #community #friends #college

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 384 views

Is the structure of the community management career path quite stable or continuing to change?

Rumor has it the community management profession is changing. Is that true? If so, does that mean that the career path is changing as well? How should our students who are interested in careers in community management (many of whom will not be entering the workforce for several years) plan to...

#community #community-management #career-path

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 526 views

Do I need a college degree to start a career in community management? If so, what type of degree would I need?

[This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community management, now would be a good time to ask a question of your own!] College costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. Students want to...

#community #community-management #college

Kayla N.’s Avatar
Kayla N. Jul 07, 2017 476 views

Do you still have to take the SAT even if your going to community college?

I feel like I already know the answer to this but I just want to ask the community and get some trustworthy feedback. # SAT #community college...

Omid E.’s Avatar
Omid E. May 30, 2017 382 views

How to get into a top school when your gonna be attending community college?

Hi my name is Omid and I am a Junior in high school. My GPA is in the range of a 3.3 and I feel that it is not good enough to get into a top school. Because of this I have been deciding a little bit of going to community college. Is this okay and is it still possible to get into a major top...

#community #top-colleges #college #university

Irish W.’s Avatar
Irish W. May 25, 2016 684 views

How do you truly know what you want to be?

I am about to start my freshman year in college in the fall and I am torn about what I want to do. I want to do something that would make an impact on someone or something's life. I want to make a difference but I don't really know how and what career would be best for me. I am an introvert but...

#community #business-management #activists #non-profits

alisha H.’s Avatar
alisha H. May 14, 2016 716 views

Does the college you go to really matter when you get a job in the future?

i don't know the relevance of wether you go to an ivy league vs. an institute of community college. #college #colleges #ivy-league #community...

#institute

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Jul 08, 2016 505 views

How to get more involved in the community?

Are there organizations or something that you would recommend I join/do in the community? What is a good way to start getting involved ? #career #job #community...

#community-involvement

Chris P.’s Avatar
Chris P. May 28, 2016 588 views

Pursuing my passion to serve my community, where do I turn after college to become apart of a police force.

I need help to figure out where to go after getting my degree in criminal justice. #police #police-officer #firefighting...

#community

Marissa A.’s Avatar
Marissa A. May 20, 2016 624 views

What should I know about my first year majoring in education in community college?

I am planning on going to Dutchess Community College. #college #professor #students #professors...

#community

Alejandra Q.’s Avatar
Alejandra Q. May 20, 2016 412 views

What is the best way to engage with a philanthropist?

I am interested in starting a project which integrates sustainable buisness practices, nutrition, and community involvement. #nutrition #ecology #community...

#sustainability

Joel P.’s Avatar
Joel P. May 09, 2016 517 views

Best way to get cover college tuition?

Well, I've fallen behind in getting financial support for college and I've been excepted!! Yaaaay! Well, my family and I don't have deep pockets, so what's are your recommendations!...

#community

Hajira N.’s Avatar
Hajira N. Apr 26, 2016 491 views

how to increase programming language in computer science? which programming language shall i prefer?

I like programming language very much ...kindly help #education #k-12-education #community...

#listening

Eric S.’s Avatar
Eric S. Nov 13, 2014 760 views

What gives you the passion to promote the arts?

I am currently interning at a company that promotes the arts in our local community. I was curious and wanted to know what drives people to promote the arts. #arts #community...

#love

Jamie  W.’s Avatar
Jamie W. Apr 30, 2014 2968 views

do you think it is smarter to go to community college first or to a university first?

i am going to college next year and i am just not quite sure which to pick #teaching #teacher #colleges #principal #friends #community...

#parents