Career Questions tagged Community

Katherine L.’s Avatar
Katherine L. Katherine L. Nov 18, 2020 230 views

What is your favorite thing about your job?

I have lots of interests, and have been trying to narrow down what I want to do, but it's a daunting task to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life at such a young age. Right now, all I want to know is what you all love most about your jobs! And the soul searching can start a...

#general #community

Timothy E.’s Avatar
Timothy E. Timothy E. Nov 15, 2020 123 views

Can you graduate college using all pass/fail courses?

I was watching Community and Leonard was leading for valedictorian but it turned out he took 1 class and got an A and since then took all pass/fail courses to keep his 4.0 GPA. Is that even possible? Obviously its just a tv show but I was curious if that actually could happen. 😂 #graduate...

#passfail #community

Nicholas R.’s Avatar
Nicholas R. Nicholas R. Oct 27, 2020 82 views

what is your favorite park of working firefighter

i want to make i get everyone out safe and make sure everyone is safe and im a ahrd worker...

#community

Inderjeet Singh’s Avatar
Inderjeet S. Inderjeet S. Jul 29, 2020 143 views
KAREN L.’s Avatar
KAREN L. KAREN L. Mar 21, 2020 214 views
Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 294 views

What is the best way to create connections within a community?

When working with community outreach, how do you determine where it would be best to look to find connections to a common ground within community development? #community-management #business-management #networking #communitydevelopment #community #outreach #engagement...

#career

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 266 views

How much of your job in community development involves research?

Do you feel that you need to really study the community you are working with in order to benefit them most? Do you find that reaching out to community members helps to understand the needs of the whole community most adequately, or do you research programs similar to ones you may be considering...

#community-outreach #community-development #career #research #community-services #community #community-management #development

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 198 views

What are the pros and cons of working for a non-profit?

I have worked within the educational field for the past decade. I am working towards obtaining my BS in Community Development, and want to see what my options may be, highly considering non-profit organizations #college-major #career #community #development...

#degree

Maria L.’s Avatar
Maria L. Maria L. Aug 11, 2018 250 views
steffy O.’s Avatar
steffy O. steffy O. May 21, 2018 312 views

what are the main qualifications and requirments for becoming a victims advocate

I know becoming a advocate you need to prepare yourself not only mentally but Emotionally as well , what would be some of the in things that jobs target and look for in advocates #psychology #advocacy #community...

#criminal-justice

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Deana A. May 24, 2018 360 views

What specific skills do I need to be a community organizer?

Right now I am a social work major with a minor in political science at a university in Texas. I want to go into community organizing in the local area, and in the future in other areas. I have a broad idea of what a community organizer does, but I would love to get firsthand information about...

#community #community-organizing #social-work #political-science

Trisha B.’s Avatar
Trisha B. Trisha B. Apr 25, 2018 331 views

What are the first things I should look to be involved in at college for an incoming freshman?

I am quite nervous about going to a large college (roughly 20,000). I wish to make my application stand out to future employers by getting involved with the school however I am not sure what exactly would make me stand out as an individual. #jobs #future #community...

#community-involvement

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Julisa C. Jan 17, 2018 553 views

How do I get information on different programs and clubs outside of school?

Recently, I have learned about different programs that are offered to students in my community, that I have never heard of before, until now. With this realization, I'd like to know how to be able to get informed if there are other programs or clubs that I'd be able to participate in. Not only...

#clubs #student-activities #nonprofits #programs #community #community-outreach #communications

Josephine K.’s Avatar
Josephine K. Josephine K. Jan 16, 2018 450 views

How can low income students be encouraged to pursue a higher education?

Few people that I have visited living in a low income community have made the excuse that the lack of them being successful is the reason behind how less resourceful their community is. But, In my perspective that reason is invalid because I also live in a low income community. For that...

#higher-education #social-activism #college #community #low-income #education

Anthony R.’s Avatar
Anthony R. Anthony R. Apr 10, 2017 594 views

How do we keep young men and women involved in the community!

I love social work and I intern for Mercy Corps NW. We work with men and women reentering the community to get the resources they need to be successful. #5-10 #social-work #reentry #community #nonprofits...

#community-involvement

Kaira S.’s Avatar
Kaira S. Kaira S. Jan 24, 2018 488 views

What careers should I look into if I like to help people?

I am currently a senior in high school and I go to college in the fall of 2018. I am still unsure of what I want to major in, but I do know I love to help people. Many people tell I am helpful and I also tutor and volunteer a lot within my community. I was wondering what careers deal with...

#nurse #majors #college #community #math #career-choice

Marie R.’s Avatar
Marie R. Marie R. Jan 17, 2018 495 views

How can you find your community in college?

I'm concerned that making lasting friendships will be much more difficult in college. I don't really want to participate in Greek life, and I'm not sure how many groups related to my religious and extracurricular interests will be available in college. I'm used to being around a small,...

#collegelife #college-advice #friends #college #community

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 584 views

Is the structure of the community management career path quite stable or continuing to change?

Rumor has it the community management profession is changing. Is that true? If so, does that mean that the career path is changing as well? How should our students who are interested in careers in community management (many of whom will not be entering the workforce for several years) plan to...

#career-path #community-management #community

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 695 views

Do I need a college degree to start a career in community management? If so, what type of degree would I need?

[This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community management, now would be a good time to ask a question of your own!] College costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. Students want to...

#college #community #community-management