Career Questions tagged Community

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Oct 25, 2021 178 views

How can I cope with the sadness of leaving college?

I'm approaching my last semester as an undergraduate, and I'm already sad about leaving a really phenomenal friend group, campus, and community behind. Many people I talk to say that college is the best time of your life, and I'm worried that I'll have more to look back on than to look forward...

jakyiah H.’s Avatar
jakyiah H. Jun 01, 2021 146 views
Saloni C.’s Avatar
Saloni C. May 30, 2021 249 views
Katherine L.’s Avatar
Katherine L. Nov 18, 2020 344 views

What is your favorite thing about your job?

I have lots of interests, and have been trying to narrow down what I want to do, but it's a daunting task to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life at such a young age. Right now, all I want to know is what you all love most about your jobs! And the soul searching can start a...

Timothy E.’s Avatar
Timothy E. Nov 15, 2020 234 views

Can you graduate college using all pass/fail courses?

I was watching Community and Leonard was leading for valedictorian but it turned out he took 1 class and got an A and since then took all pass/fail courses to keep his 4.0 GPA. Is that even possible? Obviously its just a tv show but I was curious if that actually could happen. 😂 #graduate...

Nicholas R.’s Avatar
Nicholas R. Oct 27, 2020 156 views

what is your favorite park of working firefighter

i want to make i get everyone out safe and make sure everyone is safe and im a ahrd worker #community

Inderjeet Singh’s Avatar
Inderjeet S. Jul 29, 2020 237 views

Is it true that after BSc nursing we can get into MBBS with relaxation of 1 year?

I had done bsc nursing I want to enhance my edaucation in health department #health #mental-health-counseling #community #health #hospital-and-health-care #therapy #july29

KAREN L.’s Avatar
KAREN L. Mar 21, 2020 306 views

How to achieve what you want to achieve ?

Interference from friends and family #community #psychology #college

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 389 views

How much of your job in community development involves research?

Do you feel that you need to really study the community you are working with in order to benefit them most? Do you find that reaching out to community members helps to understand the needs of the whole community most adequately, or do you research programs similar to ones you may be considering...

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 441 views

What is the best way to create connections within a community?

When working with community outreach, how do you determine where it would be best to look to find connections to a common ground within community development? #community-management #business-management #networking #communitydevelopment #community #outreach #engagement #career

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 284 views

What are the pros and cons of working for a non-profit?

I have worked within the educational field for the past decade. I am working towards obtaining my BS in Community Development, and want to see what my options may be, highly considering non-profit organizations #college-major #career #community #development #degree

Stephanie G.’s Avatar
Stephanie G. May 29, 2018 667 views
Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 24, 2018 451 views

What specific skills do I need to be a community organizer?

Right now I am a social work major with a minor in political science at a university in Texas. I want to go into community organizing in the local area, and in the future in other areas. I have a broad idea of what a community organizer does, but I would love to get firsthand information about...

steffy O.’s Avatar
steffy O. May 21, 2018 403 views

what are the main qualifications and requirments for becoming a victims advocate

I know becoming a advocate you need to prepare yourself not only mentally but Emotionally as well , what would be some of the in things that jobs target and look for in advocates #psychology #advocacy #community #criminal-justice

Trisha B.’s Avatar
Trisha B. Apr 25, 2018 429 views

What are the first things I should look to be involved in at college for an incoming freshman?

I am quite nervous about going to a large college (roughly 20,000). I wish to make my application stand out to future employers by getting involved with the school however I am not sure what exactly would make me stand out as an individual.
#jobs #future #community #community-involvement

Kaira S.’s Avatar
Kaira S. Jan 24, 2018 569 views

What careers should I look into if I like to help people?

I am currently a senior in high school and I go to college in the fall of 2018. I am still unsure of what I want to major in, but I do know I love to help people. Many people tell I am helpful and I also tutor and volunteer a lot within my community. I was wondering what careers deal with...

Marie R.’s Avatar
Marie R. Jan 17, 2018 612 views

How can you find your community in college?

I'm concerned that making lasting friendships will be much more difficult in college. I don't really want to participate in Greek life, and I'm not sure how many groups related to my religious and extracurricular interests will be available in college. I'm used to being around a small,...

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Jan 17, 2018 667 views

How do I get information on different programs and clubs outside of school?

Recently, I have learned about different programs that are offered to students in my community, that I have never heard of before, until now. With this realization, I'd like to know how to be able to get informed if there are other programs or clubs that I'd be able to participate in. Not only...

Josephine K.’s Avatar
Josephine K. Jan 16, 2018 531 views

How can low income students be encouraged to pursue a higher education?

Few people that I have visited living in a low income community have made the excuse that the lack of them being successful is the reason behind how less resourceful their community is. But, In my perspective that reason is invalid because I also live in a low income community. For that...

Kayla N.’s Avatar
Kayla N. Jul 07, 2017 681 views

Do you still have to take the SAT even if your going to community college?

I feel like I already know the answer to this but I just want to ask the community and get some trustworthy feedback. # SAT #community college #college

Omid E.’s Avatar
Omid E. May 30, 2017 569 views

How to get into a top school when your gonna be attending community college?

Hi my name is Omid and I am a Junior in high school. My GPA is in the range of a 3.3 and I feel that it is not good enough to get into a top school. Because of this I have been deciding a little bit of going to community college. Is this okay and is it still possible to get into a major top...