Career Questions tagged Graduate

After graduation, it can be challenging to decide what to do next. Whether it be from high school or college, graduating opens the door to opportunities. For more information, please...

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 23 27 views

How are people in the medical field treated in the military?

I was thinking to be a military physical therapist because they help pay off your student debt and I know that's is something all PTs hate about their job. #pre-med #graduate #savings...

#advisor

Timothy E.’s Avatar
Timothy E. Nov 15 47 views

Can you graduate college using all pass/fail courses?

I was watching Community and Leonard was leading for valedictorian but it turned out he took 1 class and got an A and since then took all pass/fail courses to keep his 4.0 GPA. Is that even possible? Obviously its just a tv show but I was curious if that actually could happen. 😂 #graduate...

#community #passfail

Audriana M.’s Avatar
Audriana M. Oct 27 24 views
Ariel R.’s Avatar
Ariel R. Oct 27 16 views

is studying for veterinary medicine difficult?

I plan on going to college to earn my doctoral degree of vet medicine, and I was wondering how difficult it would be. I just want to know, so I can better prepare myself. #veterinarian...

#graduate

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14 33 views

When professors are writing a letter of recommendation, do they recycle the same letter for the multiple graduate programs you are having them send a letter to?

I am in the process of requesting my professors for a letter of recommendation for the Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs I am applying to. I am curious if professors send the same letter to all graduate programs you are requesting them to send a letter to. #student #graduate #professor...

#clinicalpsychology #psychology

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14 64 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? #student #psychology #application #clinicalpsychology #graduateschool #professor #students...

#graduate

Patricia I.’s Avatar
Patricia I. Sep 04 44 views

How many credits do we need to finish highschool?

I'm in the 9th grade, and just trying to know how many credits do I need to finish highschool....

#graduate

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31 172 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

#university #degree #graduate #scholarship #college #education #graduate-schools #advice #experiences #future #experience #colleges #graduates #universities #july20 #july #schools #school #graduate-school #undergraduates #undergraduate #higher-education #degrees #masters-degree #college-advice

Amy L.’s Avatar
Amy L. May 04 134 views

Preparing for grad school in Epidemiology

I am a second-year college student interested in getting a Ph.D. in Epidemiology. Is this a good field to go into? What should I do in college to prepare for grad school in epidemiology--should I take graduate-level classes if they are available to undergrads at my school? Is doing an honors...

#publichealth #graduate #epidemiology #graduate-school

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 793 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#research #graduate #college #graduate-school #doctorate #phd #interview #psychology #application #grad-school

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 08, 2019 184 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a #masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in #architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

#architect #graduate #graduate-school

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Mar 03, 2019 204 views

How to ask your current boss for a reference?

What should I say in the email? or should I talk to my current supervisor directly? I want to apply for a full-time job and I want to be prepared (in case they want me to provide 2 ~ 3 most recent references). And my current position is a part-time position and I do have good relationship...

#graduate #job-search #job #career #reference

Dennis M.’s Avatar
Dennis M. Oct 12, 2018 336 views

Does retaking the ACT/SAT really matter when applying for college?

If my scores were low, can I really make a difference in my score? enough that I can increase my chances of receiving scholarship and grant awards to help with the cost of college? #college #tuition #scholarship #grant #cost #accept #win #usa #graduate #financial-aid #college-admissions...

#college-advice

Ivanna P.’s Avatar
Ivanna P. Sep 21, 2018 214 views
ShyAnne T.’s Avatar
ShyAnne T. Aug 13, 2018 202 views

When should I apply to Graduate School?

I’m in my Sophomore year of college and I was thinking about applying for graduate school next Fall semester, or is that too soon? How do I go about it? Or moreover, what is the process? #graduate...

#master

Madelyn B.’s Avatar
Madelyn B. Aug 03, 2018 207 views

How do I successfully apply to college?

college applications #college #career...

#graduate

Rissa F.’s Avatar
Rissa F. Apr 19, 2018 278 views

What are things I should do if I want to get into a Grad School?

I want to get into a Grad School later, so I want to know about things I should be doing now to help me with that. #graduate-school #admissions #grad-school #college #graduate...

#application

Alexander P.’s Avatar
Alexander P. May 21, 2018 293 views

Is it better to wait a few years before going into graduate school?

In planning my future, I'm not sure as to whether it is best to just give myself time in the professional world before jumping back into school or if it's okay to do that. I want to know what is the best move for this. #graduate #...

#school

Christi W.’s Avatar
Christi W. Mar 20, 2018 233 views

What are some fun things to do for graduation?

I was wondering what are some ways to celebrate a graduation. I am graduating in May and this will be my first real graduation because I did not have one for my GED. Should I reserve a restaurant for my family to celebrate after? What else could I do without going way over the top? Thank you!...

#graduate #college #graduation

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. Jan 07, 2017 499 views

What educational preparation would you recommend for a Finance student in order to advance in the field?

Am a Finance student in sophomore year and I was wondering what certain steps would help me prepare to get hired and advance further in the field? #college #business #graduate #business-development #college-student...

#finance