Career Questions tagged Graduate

After graduation, it can be challenging to decide what to do next. Whether it be from high school or college, graduating opens the door to opportunities. For more information, please...

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 29, 2021 128 views

Tips for getting into a top - rated college for Masters degree program?

I am interested in applying for schools on the east and west coast for my masters degree (MFT). Does anyone have tips on how to be successful in the application process? college-admissions college-advice college-major graduate-school college...

graduate

Jiarong J.’s Avatar
Jiarong J. Nov 12, 2021 189 views

How do yo earn a master degree in Computer Science?

I am unsure whether you need to take an exam or write theoretical papers in order to get a master degree certificate in Computer Science. computer-science programming master degree graduate...

Nokwanda Puleng M.’s Avatar
Nokwanda Puleng M. Jul 02, 2021 147 views
Kimberly J.’s Avatar
Kimberly J. Jun 26, 2021 154 views

Still not really sure on what i wanna do yet?

I want to graduate high school and get into college to be a psychologist/ crime scene investigator and maybe a lawyer graduate #...

criminal-justice

Callum P.’s Avatar
Callum P. May 20, 2021 269 views

What's it like to be in Career Village?

I have autism. My life was very rough with it. I was struggling in school all these years because I mad some of my teachers mad in the past. All I want is to graduate and go to college so that I can get a job. I have my parents to support me. I sometimes like to dabble in...

stem arts-and-crafts technology

Tyrese M.’s Avatar
Tyrese M. Apr 29, 2021 317 views
Ashly G.’s Avatar
Ashly G. Feb 23, 2021 352 views

What should I major in if I want to become a veterinarian? (What classes do I need to take to help me become a veterinarian?)

I like animals. I want to help them. I'm aware I'll see some crazy things like blood and broken bones. But I want to help animals. veterinarian veterinary-medicine student...

graduate

Mason B.’s Avatar
Mason B. Feb 01, 2021 367 views
John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 05, 2020 3384 views

What is the difference between an undergraduate and graduate?

Hello, I don't really know/understand what an undergraduate and graduate student is. student high school high-school-students college-student undergraduate...

graduate

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 23, 2020 188 views

How are people in the medical field treated in the military?

I was thinking to be a military physical therapist because they help pay off your student debt and I know that's is something all PTs hate about their job. pre-med graduate savings...

advisor

Timothy E.’s Avatar
Timothy E. Nov 15, 2020 192 views

Can you graduate college using all pass/fail courses?

I was watching Community and Leonard was leading for valedictorian but it turned out he took 1 class and got an A and since then took all pass/fail courses to keep his 4.0 GPA. Is that even possible? Obviously its just a tv show but I was curious if that actually could happen. 😂 graduate...

community passfail

Audriana M.’s Avatar
Audriana M. Oct 27, 2020 138 views
Ariel R.’s Avatar
Ariel R. Oct 27, 2020 254 views

is studying for veterinary medicine difficult?

I plan on going to college to earn my doctoral degree of vet medicine, and I was wondering how difficult it would be. I just want to know, so I can better prepare myself. veterinarian...

graduate

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 192 views

When professors are writing a letter of recommendation, do they recycle the same letter for the multiple graduate programs you are having them send a letter to?

I am in the process of requesting my professors for a letter of recommendation for the Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs I am applying to. I am curious if professors send the same letter to all graduate programs you are requesting them to send a letter to. student graduate professor...

psychology clinicalpsychology

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 210 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? student psychology application clinicalpsychology graduateschool professor students...

graduate

Patricia I.’s Avatar
Patricia I. Sep 04, 2020 166 views

How many credits do we need to finish highschool?

I'm in the 9th grade, and just trying to know how many credits do I need to finish highschool....

graduate

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 399 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

higher-education universities future university masters-degree undergraduate college colleges advice july education graduate-school graduates degrees college-advice school undergraduates july20 schools experience degree graduate-schools scholarship graduate experiences

Amy L.’s Avatar
Amy L. May 04, 2020 319 views

Preparing for grad school in Epidemiology

I am a second-year college student interested in getting a Ph.D. in Epidemiology. Is this a good field to go into? What should I do in college to prepare for grad school in epidemiology--should I take graduate-level classes if they are available to undergrads at my school? Is doing an honors...

graduate publichealth graduate-school epidemiology

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 2152 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

phd grad-school doctorate college interview application research graduate psychology graduate-school

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 08, 2019 401 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a Masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

architect graduate graduate-school

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Mar 03, 2019 368 views

How to ask your current boss for a reference?

What should I say in the email? or should I talk to my current supervisor directly? I want to apply for a full-time job and I want to be prepared (in case they want me to provide 2 ~ 3 most recent references). And my current position is a part-time position and I do have good relationship...

career job reference graduate job-search

Dennis M.’s Avatar
Dennis M. Oct 12, 2018 533 views

Does retaking the ACT/SAT really matter when applying for college?

If my scores were low, can I really make a difference in my score? enough that I can increase my chances of receiving scholarship and grant awards to help with the cost of college? college tuition scholarship grant cost accept win usa graduate financial-aid college-admissions...

college-advice