Career Questions tagged Graduate

After graduation, it can be challenging to decide what to do next. Whether it be from high school or college, graduating opens the door to opportunities. For more information, please...

Jeongmin H.’s Avatar
Jeongmin H. 17 hours ago 11 views

Graduate school funding - any tips for students with gap years caused by covid-19/family responsibilities?

I wish to go to graduate school, hopefully finishing my PhD one day, returning to universities to teach students and research further into what intrigues me. However, financially, I am not capable of funding my studies while supporting my family as well. Do you have any advice for those who are...

Andrew M.’s Avatar
Andrew M. May 23 105 views

What classes in college do you need to take to become a successful business owner?

I want to own a business due to sports. And I want to run more things that help people. And I want to know what classes I need to take to be able to do that.

amir B.’s Avatar
amir B. May 23 84 views

i will graduate high school to give me more opportunities of jobs in the future

R J.’s Avatar
R J. Apr 06 169 views

How important are extra-curricular activities and like student clubs, volunteering etc to getting into med school? I'm a bit worried because in my first year of university I just focused on school and didn't join any clubs yet.

Yeah like the title says, I feel a bit behind the curve because although I have a good GPA from my first year, my resume and professional life are kind of lacking in regards to some of my peers. I do plan on volunteering and trying to get coop jobs this summer and of course later on in...

Anita S.’s Avatar
Anita S. Apr 06 135 views

After graduating med school? How/where does one look for a job? How do they apply?

Just a curious high school sophomore :)

Junxi S.’s Avatar
Junxi S. Dec 02, 2021 262 views

Is college even for me? What type of things can I apply for that is not college?

#college #college-selection #graduate #college-bound #college-advice

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 29, 2021 264 views

Tips for getting into a top - rated college for Masters degree program?

I am interested in applying for schools on the east and west coast for my masters degree (MFT). Does anyone have tips on how to be successful in the application process? #college-admissions #college-advice #college-major #graduate-school #college #graduate

Jiarong J.’s Avatar
Jiarong J. Nov 12, 2021 265 views

How do yo earn a master degree in Computer Science?

I am unsure whether you need to take an exam or write theoretical papers in order to get a master degree certificate in Computer Science.

#computer-science #programming #master degree #graduate program

Nokwanda Puleng M.’s Avatar
Nokwanda Puleng M. Jul 02, 2021 228 views

How to approach companies for internships and entry-level jobs

I am currently doing my Masters in Development Studies and are eagerly looking for internships #research #developmentstudies #graduate #women #NGO

Kimberly J.’s Avatar
Kimberly J. Jun 26, 2021 218 views

Still not really sure on what i wanna do yet?

I want to graduate high school and get into college to be a psychologist/ crime scene investigator and maybe a lawyer
#graduate
# #criminal-justice

ariana H.’s Avatar
ariana H. Jun 17, 2021 248 views

How to pursue your career after you graduate college?

#career #graduate #graduate-school #career-choice

Callum P.’s Avatar
Callum P. May 20, 2021 350 views

What's it like to be in Career Village?

I have #autism. My life was very rough with it. I was struggling in #school all these years because I mad some of my #teachers mad in the past. All I want is to #graduate and go to #college so that I can get a #job. I have my #parents to support me. I sometimes like to dabble in...

Tyrese M.’s Avatar
Tyrese M. Apr 29, 2021 474 views

Is college worth it ?

#graduate #gpa

Ashly G.’s Avatar
Ashly G. Feb 23, 2021 487 views

What should I major in if I want to become a veterinarian? (What classes do I need to take to help me become a veterinarian?)

I like animals. I want to help them. I'm aware I'll see some crazy things like blood and broken bones. But I want to help animals. #veterinarian #veterinary-medicine #student #graduate

Mason B.’s Avatar
Mason B. Feb 01, 2021 466 views

Is college worth it?

#gpa #graduate

John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 05, 2020 4973 views

What is the difference between an undergraduate and graduate?

Hello, I don't really know/understand what an undergraduate and graduate student is. #student #high school #high-school-students #college-student #undergraduate #graduate

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 23, 2020 242 views

How are people in the medical field treated in the military?

I was thinking to be a military physical therapist because they help pay off your student debt and I know that's is something all PTs hate about their job.
#pre-med #graduate #savings #advisor

Timothy E.’s Avatar
Timothy E. Nov 15, 2020 243 views

Can you graduate college using all pass/fail courses?

I was watching Community and Leonard was leading for valedictorian but it turned out he took 1 class and got an A and since then took all pass/fail courses to keep his 4.0 GPA. Is that even possible? Obviously its just a tv show but I was curious if that actually could happen. 😂 #graduate...

Audriana M.’s Avatar
Audriana M. Oct 27, 2020 181 views

What degrees will I need to obtain?

#medicine #graduate

Ariel R.’s Avatar
Ariel R. Oct 27, 2020 325 views

is studying for veterinary medicine difficult?

I plan on going to college to earn my doctoral degree of vet medicine, and I was wondering how difficult it would be. I just want to know, so I can better prepare myself. #veterinarian #graduate

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 243 views

When professors are writing a letter of recommendation, do they recycle the same letter for the multiple graduate programs you are having them send a letter to?

I am in the process of requesting my professors for a letter of recommendation for the Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs I am applying to. I am curious if professors send the same letter to all graduate programs you are requesting them to send a letter to. #student #graduate #professor...

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 271 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? #student #psychology #application #clinicalpsychology #graduateschool #professor #students #graduate

Natalia G.’s Avatar
Natalia G. Oct 01, 2020 879 views

What do you all think about getting work experience before an MBA? Is it necessary?

#business #career advice #career #future #graduate school

Patricia I.’s Avatar
Patricia I. Sep 04, 2020 208 views

How many credits do we need to finish highschool?

I'm in the 9th grade, and just trying to know how many credits do I need to finish highschool. #graduate

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 480 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

Amy L.’s Avatar
Amy L. May 04, 2020 376 views

Preparing for grad school in Epidemiology

I am a second-year college student interested in getting a Ph.D. in Epidemiology. Is this a good field to go into? What should I do in college to prepare for grad school in epidemiology--should I take graduate-level classes if they are available to undergrads at my school? Is doing an honors...

Johnathon R.’s Avatar
Johnathon R. Apr 17, 2020 279 views

How much does your college major matter if you want to be a doctor? Do you actually use the dreaded o-chem in your work as a physician?

#college-major #college #major #graduate #work

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Mar 21, 2020 1444 views

What advice do you have for students applying for entry-level roles as recent graduates amid the COVID-19 pandemic?

#graduate #career #resume #stem #job #compsci #first-job #hiring #computer_science #engineering #tech #civil-engineering #COVID-19

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 2434 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 08, 2019 529 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a #Masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in #architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...