Career Questions tagged Graduate

After graduation, it can be challenging to decide what to do next. Whether it be from high school or college, graduating opens the door to opportunities. For more information, please...

Ashly G.’s Avatar
Ashly G. Feb 23 33 views

What should I major in if I want to become a veterinarian? (What classes do I need to take to help me become a veterinarian?)

I like animals. I want to help them. I'm aware I'll see some crazy things like blood and broken bones. But I want to help animals. #veterinarian #veterinary-medicine #student...

#graduate

Mason B.’s Avatar
Mason B. Feb 01 140 views
John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 05, 2020 626 views

What is the difference between an undergraduate and graduate?

Hello, I don't really know/understand what an undergraduate and graduate student is. #student #high school #high-school-students #college-student #undergraduate...

#graduate

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 87 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? #student #psychology #application #clinicalpsychology #graduateschool #professor #students...

#graduate

Amy L.’s Avatar
Amy L. May 04, 2020 176 views

Preparing for grad school in Epidemiology

I am a second-year college student interested in getting a Ph.D. in Epidemiology. Is this a good field to go into? What should I do in college to prepare for grad school in epidemiology--should I take graduate-level classes if they are available to undergrads at my school? Is doing an honors...

#graduate #graduate-school #epidemiology #publichealth

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 1126 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#doctorate #interview #phd #psychology #graduate-school #grad-school #research #graduate #college #application

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 08, 2019 211 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a #masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in #architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

#graduate #graduate-school #architect

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Mar 03, 2019 241 views

How to ask your current boss for a reference?

What should I say in the email? or should I talk to my current supervisor directly? I want to apply for a full-time job and I want to be prepared (in case they want me to provide 2 ~ 3 most recent references). And my current position is a part-time position and I do have good relationship...

#career #reference #graduate #job-search #job

Dennis M.’s Avatar
Dennis M. Oct 12, 2018 366 views

Does retaking the ACT/SAT really matter when applying for college?

If my scores were low, can I really make a difference in my score? enough that I can increase my chances of receiving scholarship and grant awards to help with the cost of college? #college #tuition #scholarship #grant #cost #accept #win #usa #graduate #financial-aid #college-admissions...

#college-advice

Ivanna P.’s Avatar
Ivanna P. Sep 21, 2018 230 views
ShyAnne T.’s Avatar
ShyAnne T. Aug 13, 2018 233 views

When should I apply to Graduate School?

I’m in my Sophomore year of college and I was thinking about applying for graduate school next Fall semester, or is that too soon? How do I go about it? Or moreover, what is the process? #graduate...

#master

Madelyn B.’s Avatar
Madelyn B. Aug 03, 2018 223 views
Rissa F.’s Avatar
Rissa F. Apr 19, 2018 303 views

What are things I should do if I want to get into a Grad School?

I want to get into a Grad School later, so I want to know about things I should be doing now to help me with that. #graduate-school #admissions #grad-school #college #graduate...

#application

Alexander P.’s Avatar
Alexander P. May 21, 2018 327 views

Is it better to wait a few years before going into graduate school?

In planning my future, I'm not sure as to whether it is best to just give myself time in the professional world before jumping back into school or if it's okay to do that. I want to know what is the best move for this. #graduate #...

#school

Christi W.’s Avatar
Christi W. Mar 20, 2018 263 views

What are some fun things to do for graduation?

I was wondering what are some ways to celebrate a graduation. I am graduating in May and this will be my first real graduation because I did not have one for my GED. Should I reserve a restaurant for my family to celebrate after? What else could I do without going way over the top? Thank you!...

#graduate #college #graduation

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. Jan 07, 2017 524 views

What educational preparation would you recommend for a Finance student in order to advance in the field?

Am a Finance student in sophomore year and I was wondering what certain steps would help me prepare to get hired and advance further in the field? #college #business #graduate #business-development #college-student...

#finance

trinity M.’s Avatar
trinity M. May 24, 2016 582 views

How should i go about funding for my future college and medical school?

Both college and medical school are pretty costly and I want to know how to fund everything correctly. #doctor #money #graduate #pediatrics #surgery #scholarships #finance #college...

#student-loans

JAMES H.’s Avatar
JAMES H. May 18, 2016 499 views

How much better is to Live in campus rather than commute to the school?

I am asking this question because I want to know if staying is worth the money #graduate #doctorate-degree #undergraduate #college...

#student-housing

Joshua P.’s Avatar
Joshua P. May 06, 2016 705 views

If you are an architecture student who is interested in starting a local practice, how would you go about establishing things after college graduation?

I am an architecture student who seeks to start my own practice in the city of Detroit eventually after I graduate from the University of Michigan school of architecture and urban planning. Starting my own practice, refurbishing old buildings and providing eco friendly shelter for the homeless...

#entrepreneur #architect #business #graduate #college #architecture

jose M.’s Avatar
jose M. Feb 22, 2018 653 views

I work for AT&T in retail now, how can i transition to AT&T in IT?

I'm a college senior who is expected to graduate from the Information Technology program in may 2018 and currently I'm an intern as a data quality analyst. I love working for AT&T but i feel like i may have to look else where to get a start in my IT adventure, does anyone have any...

#career-transition #att #search #big-data #loyalty #retail #mentor #information-technology #graduate #college #internships