Career Questions tagged Graduate

After graduation, it can be challenging to decide what to do next. Whether it be from high school or college, graduating opens the door to opportunities. For more information, please...

Kimberly J.’s Avatar
Kimberly J. Jun 26 93 views

Still not really sure on what i wanna do yet?

I want to graduate high school and get into college to be a psychologist/ crime scene investigator and maybe a lawyer graduate #...

criminal-justice

Callum P.’s Avatar
Callum P. May 20 208 views

What's it like to be in Career Village?

I have autism. My life was very rough with it. I was struggling in school all these years because I mad some of my teachers mad in the past. All I want is to graduate and go to college so that I can get a job. I have my parents to support me. I sometimes like to dabble in...

technology stem arts-and-crafts

Tyrese M.’s Avatar
Tyrese M. Apr 29 195 views
Ashly G.’s Avatar
Ashly G. Feb 23 267 views

What should I major in if I want to become a veterinarian? (What classes do I need to take to help me become a veterinarian?)

I like animals. I want to help them. I'm aware I'll see some crazy things like blood and broken bones. But I want to help animals. veterinarian veterinary-medicine student...

graduate

Mason B.’s Avatar
Mason B. Feb 01 290 views
John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 05, 2020 2470 views

What is the difference between an undergraduate and graduate?

Hello, I don't really know/understand what an undergraduate and graduate student is. student high school high-school-students college-student undergraduate...

graduate

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 23, 2020 143 views

How are people in the medical field treated in the military?

I was thinking to be a military physical therapist because they help pay off your student debt and I know that's is something all PTs hate about their job. pre-med graduate savings...

advisor

Timothy E.’s Avatar
Timothy E. Nov 15, 2020 148 views

Can you graduate college using all pass/fail courses?

I was watching Community and Leonard was leading for valedictorian but it turned out he took 1 class and got an A and since then took all pass/fail courses to keep his 4.0 GPA. Is that even possible? Obviously its just a tv show but I was curious if that actually could happen. 😂 graduate...

passfail community

Audriana M.’s Avatar
Audriana M. Oct 27, 2020 100 views
Ariel R.’s Avatar
Ariel R. Oct 27, 2020 201 views

is studying for veterinary medicine difficult?

I plan on going to college to earn my doctoral degree of vet medicine, and I was wondering how difficult it would be. I just want to know, so I can better prepare myself. veterinarian...

graduate

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 134 views

When professors are writing a letter of recommendation, do they recycle the same letter for the multiple graduate programs you are having them send a letter to?

I am in the process of requesting my professors for a letter of recommendation for the Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs I am applying to. I am curious if professors send the same letter to all graduate programs you are requesting them to send a letter to. student graduate professor...

psychology clinicalpsychology

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 161 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? student psychology application clinicalpsychology graduateschool professor students...

graduate

Patricia I.’s Avatar
Patricia I. Sep 04, 2020 121 views

How many credits do we need to finish highschool?

I'm in the 9th grade, and just trying to know how many credits do I need to finish highschool....

graduate

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 319 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

experience july20 undergraduate masters-degree graduates degrees july school schools graduate universities advice undergraduates college-advice graduate-schools colleges higher-education scholarship experiences future college education university degree graduate-school

Amy L.’s Avatar
Amy L. May 04, 2020 271 views

Preparing for grad school in Epidemiology

I am a second-year college student interested in getting a Ph.D. in Epidemiology. Is this a good field to go into? What should I do in college to prepare for grad school in epidemiology--should I take graduate-level classes if they are available to undergrads at my school? Is doing an honors...

epidemiology graduate publichealth graduate-school

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 1907 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

phd grad-school application graduate-school interview research college graduate psychology doctorate

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 08, 2019 318 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

graduate architect graduate-school

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Mar 03, 2019 316 views

How to ask your current boss for a reference?

What should I say in the email? or should I talk to my current supervisor directly? I want to apply for a full-time job and I want to be prepared (in case they want me to provide 2 ~ 3 most recent references). And my current position is a part-time position and I do have good relationship...

graduate job-search reference job career

Dennis M.’s Avatar
Dennis M. Oct 12, 2018 467 views

Does retaking the ACT/SAT really matter when applying for college?

If my scores were low, can I really make a difference in my score? enough that I can increase my chances of receiving scholarship and grant awards to help with the cost of college? college tuition scholarship grant cost accept win usa graduate financial-aid college-admissions...

college-advice