Career Questions tagged Graphic Designer

Grace M.’s Avatar
Grace M. Apr 19 48 views

How do I get a job in graphic design that focuses more on illustration?

I am in my third year of college with a major in graphic design and a minor in marketing. I would like to focus more on digital illustration rather than logo or web design. How would I go about presenting myself to a prospective job? What should I expect from the work environment? What will the...

#graphic-designer #graphic-design #illustrator #adobeprograms

Kyle U.’s Avatar
Kyle U. Mar 15 54 views
Maureen M.’s Avatar
Maureen M. Feb 08 294 views

How do you become a graphic designer with a full time job?

I took a few GD classes in college and have done a few jobs for friends but, I have a long ways to go. I want to become a graphic designer and get out of my sales position. It is hard because I also have to pay rent and do not want to go back to college. Any advice? #graphic-design...

#graphic-designer

Jersey S.’s Avatar
Jersey S. Nov 16, 2020 178 views

How is the life as a graphic designer? Specifically in areas of package, web or ux design??

I am pursuing graphic design in post-secondary. I am contemplating whether I should focus on package, web, or user experience design. Although, I am kind of leaning more towards user experience so any insights on how is it look would be really appreciated. Thanks! #web-design #graphics...

#graphic-design #givingiscaring #ui-design #design #graphic-designer #arts #package-design #user-experience #ux-design

Karen G.’s Avatar
Karen G. Oct 17, 2020 121 views
Roger P.’s Avatar
Roger P. Oct 09, 2020 131 views

To people who are a graphic designer (the job not category of jobs) how easy or hard was it for you in college? Mainly classes and payment for stuff needed for class?

Hello, I'm thinking of being a graphic designer (I'm going say this every time the job specifically not the category of jobs), and the title/questions state everything I am asking. #graphic-designer #college...

#payment

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23, 2020 341 views

Does one need to be good at drawing to pursue a career in graphic design?

Even though I don't plan on pursuing a career in the graphic design field, this has always been a question of curiosity. I'm taking a communications technology course where we look at graphic design, and our teacher said that you don't need to know how to draw at all. Rather, you just need to...

#graphic-design #graphic-designer #career #design #art

Rebecca R.’s Avatar
Rebecca R. Aug 31, 2018 346 views

Which is better for Graphic Design majors - Bachelors in Fine Arts vs Bachelors in Arts degree

I am looking at a variety of colleges with graphic design programs. Some offer Bachelors in Fine Arts while others offer Bachelors in Arts. Does the degree type make a difference in getting a job when I graduate? #graphic-design...

#graphic-designer

Raney W.’s Avatar
Raney W. May 29, 2018 395 views

As an artist, how do I make money while also doing what I'm passionate about?

I want to be a graphic designer after college, but I don't know where to begin with finding a stable job that also allows me creative freedom. I understand that I won't necessarily love every assignment I get, but I don't want to spend my career bored or uninspired. What is the key to finding...

#graphic-designer #career #money #artist #jobs

Samantha P.’s Avatar
Samantha P. Apr 21, 2018 430 views

What skills are important for a future graphic designer to have to become most marketable when finding a job?

I'm a sophomore in college taking a variety of graphic design classes as well as courses required for graduation. I'm trying to figure out what skills or possible college minor to choose in order to allow for the greatest range of career choices. #graphic-design...

#graphic-designer

Adriana G.’s Avatar
Adriana G. Jan 23, 2018 568 views

Going into the graphic design field, is it better to be an expert in one design area or be a beginner in all design areas?

Going into the graphic design industry, I want to better understand if I want to be hired if I should focus on one aspect of design to improve my skills or try all areas of design but not further improving past beginner stage. For companies hiring, who would they hire in this situation: the...

#graphic-design #graphic-designer

alex T.’s Avatar
alex T. Jan 22, 2018 821 views

is art school completely necessary to have a viable career?

i am a 17 year old who has been making art for the majority of my life and i consider myself as an artist. i wonder, is art school really necessary to be able to have a career. id like to be able to eat with worrying about my next meal. will art school help with this? even if its not a...

#graphic-designer #art

Jens B.’s Avatar
Jens B. Jan 17, 2018 300 views

How easy is it to major in music and minor in graphic arts in most colleges?

I will have a much better chance of getting into colleges and getting scholarships in music than in graphic arts. I have been playing trumpets since 3rd grade and I am pretty good. But, I don't wan't to be a performer for a living; my long term goal is graphic arts. #trumpet #music...

#graphic-design #graphic-designer #musicscholarships

Dea' Ja H.’s Avatar
Dea' Ja H. Aug 30, 2017 656 views

What are some challenges, you face from time to time, in the career field, graphic design and how did you face it?

I am a senior at KIPP: Renaissance High School, in New Orleans , Louisiana. I had a few questions in mind about my career field, graphic design. I know it's not all peaches and cream, but just wanted to know what were some of the challenges, that someone faced and what you did to face it....

#graphic-design #art #graphic-designer #graphicdesign

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. May 19, 2016 653 views

What is the most important skill from a high school graphics class that you used in college, and at your job?

I would like to someday be a graphic designer, and I would like to know a little more about the field before I decide if that's what I want to go earn a degree for. #graphic-designer #personal-development...

#art