Career Questions tagged Graphic Designer

Rebecca R.’s Avatar
Rebecca R. Aug 31, 2018 207 views

Which is better for Graphic Design majors - Bachelors in Fine Arts vs Bachelors in Arts degree

I am looking at a variety of colleges with graphic design programs. Some offer Bachelors in Fine Arts while others offer Bachelors in Arts. Does the degree type make a difference in getting a job when I graduate? #graphic-design...

#graphic-designer

Marcella M.’s Avatar
Marcella M. Jun 27, 2018 204 views
Raney W.’s Avatar
Raney W. May 29, 2018 271 views

As an artist, how do I make money while also doing what I'm passionate about?

I want to be a graphic designer after college, but I don't know where to begin with finding a stable job that also allows me creative freedom. I understand that I won't necessarily love every assignment I get, but I don't want to spend my career bored or uninspired. What is the key to finding...

#graphic-designer #career #jobs #money #artist

Samantha P.’s Avatar
Samantha P. Apr 21, 2018 308 views

What skills are important for a future graphic designer to have to become most marketable when finding a job?

I'm a sophomore in college taking a variety of graphic design classes as well as courses required for graduation. I'm trying to figure out what skills or possible college minor to choose in order to allow for the greatest range of career choices. #graphic-design...

#graphic-designer

Adriana G.’s Avatar
Adriana G. Jan 23, 2018 378 views

Going into the graphic design field, is it better to be an expert in one design area or be a beginner in all design areas?

Going into the graphic design industry, I want to better understand if I want to be hired if I should focus on one aspect of design to improve my skills or try all areas of design but not further improving past beginner stage. For companies hiring, who would they hire in this situation: the...

#graphic-designer #graphic-design

alex T.’s Avatar
alex T. Jan 22, 2018 645 views

is art school completely necessary to have a viable career?

i am a 17 year old who has been making art for the majority of my life and i consider myself as an artist. i wonder, is art school really necessary to be able to have a career. id like to be able to eat with worrying about my next meal. will art school help with this? even if its not a...

#art #graphic-designer

Jens B.’s Avatar
Jens B. Jan 17, 2018 206 views

How easy is it to major in music and minor in graphic arts in most colleges?

I will have a much better chance of getting into colleges and getting scholarships in music than in graphic arts. I have been playing trumpets since 3rd grade and I am pretty good. But, I don't wan't to be a performer for a living; my long term goal is graphic arts. #trumpet #music...

#musicscholarships #graphic-design #graphic-designer

Dea' Ja H.’s Avatar
Dea' Ja H. Aug 30, 2017 487 views

What are some challenges, you face from time to time, in the career field, graphic design and how did you face it?

I am a senior at KIPP: Renaissance High School, in New Orleans , Louisiana. I had a few questions in mind about my career field, graphic design. I know it's not all peaches and cream, but just wanted to know what were some of the challenges, that someone faced and what you did to face it....

#art #graphicdesign #graphic-design #graphic-designer

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. May 19, 2016 556 views

What is the most important skill from a high school graphics class that you used in college, and at your job?

I would like to someday be a graphic designer, and I would like to know a little more about the field before I decide if that's what I want to go earn a degree for. #graphic-designer #personal-development...

#art

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. May 20, 2016 686 views

What type of skills does a Graphic Designer need to have or work on?

I'm a senior in high school that's taking a Web, Multi-Media & Design class. After learning a few things and seeing how much of graphic design is used all over the world I've become very interested in the field of study.As I continue my knowledge in this type of career I want to know what...

#graphic-designer #graphic-design #web-design #personal-development

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. May 20, 2016 709 views

What is the salary for a Graphic Designer ranging from entry level to having years with experience?

Graphic Design is something I'd love to work in as a career because I enjoy it. It doesn't seem like a boring job I would hate going to everyday. Although I like working in Graphic Design, I'm curious about the pay. At the end of the day I need money to pay bills and sustain a stable lifestyle....

#salary-review #financial-planning #graphic-designer #web-design #graphic-design #salary

Pam M.’s Avatar
Pam M. Jan 26, 2017 714 views

How should you create a resume for a creative job?

I am a design student looking to find a job in the field. How should I go about creating my resume to target creative jobs (graphic design, web design, etc.). What are some key aspects I should focus on that aren't included a the conventional resume? #design #human-resources #resume...

#creative #web-design #graphic-designer #graphic-design #job-application #web-development

Cam D.’s Avatar
Cam D. Jun 10, 2016 598 views

Can a graphic designer honestly make a good living with a single job?

I am interested in pursuing graphic design as my career. #graphic-design #web-design #graphic-designer...

#digital-media

Rickie R.’s Avatar
Rickie R. May 26, 2016 534 views
Rickie R.’s Avatar
Rickie R. May 26, 2016 446 views

What are the best laptops to use for taking a graphic design course?

I will be studying Graphic Design this fall at Liberty University and I would like the best laptops to use before I go out and buy one. #graphic-design #graphics #web-design #graphic-designer...

#3d-graphics

Katherine  S.’s Avatar
Katherine S. May 25, 2016 630 views

Do you really need to have a bachelor's degree to become a graphic designer?

I mean a lot of jobs in this field want someone with a bachelor's degree but is it really necessary?...

#graphic-designer

Katherine  S.’s Avatar
Katherine S. May 25, 2016 647 views

What kind of work does a graphic designer do?

I want to be one but I also want to know the specifics about the job....

#graphic-designer

Mark A.’s Avatar
Mark A. May 24, 2016 621 views

In graphic design, 2D and 3D, what is a typical day at work like? Does your enviornment influence your work in any way?

I've had a slight interest in graphic design, I make art and drawings on the side as a hobby and have considered making a career out of it. I wanted to know someone's experience with the field and figure out if it is for me or not. #graphic-design #web-design #graphic-designer...

#3d-graphics

Joseph A.’s Avatar
Joseph A. May 18, 2016 1137 views

What are the steps one must take to develop a quiz based mobile app game that utilizes 3D animations?

I have always been interested in computer technology and graphic arts. However, I never pursued those career paths due to the projected low income that coincides with a job in those industries. I am currently interested in developing an app which prompted the subject matter of my question....

#graphic-designer #computer-science #programming #3d-graphics #motion-graphics

Grace M.’s Avatar
Grace M. May 17, 2016 486 views

Are there specific jobs that guarantee insurance?

I want to work as a Stereoscopic 3D animator for a large company like Lightstorm Entertainment. I am considered about my health care and dental insurance when I receive this job and am wondering if there are specific guidelines companies are required to meet for their employees? #art...

#stereoscopic #graphic-designer #insurance

Eva C.’s Avatar
Eva C. May 17, 2016 620 views

What type of things do Graphic Designers do?

I love the arts, and I think this would be one of the best career paths for me, but I'm not exactly sure what Graphic Designers do. I had the opportunity to be shown the studio of a graphic designer who mostly did cartoon characters, but I know there are different kinds of Graphic Designers, I...

#graphic-designer #web-design #graphic-design

Chrisanthi P.’s Avatar
Chrisanthi P. May 16, 2016 663 views

What should you be prepared for as a freelance artist fresh out of college?

This could apply to architecture, fine arts, graphic design, or anything similar. I know at this point in my life that I wish to do something with art. What originally discouraged me from making this decision was the "starving artist" trope. Many people assume that artists can't make a living...

#art #graphic-designer #fine-art #artist #preparation

Alexandria C.’s Avatar
Alexandria C. May 14, 2016 623 views
Eddie W.’s Avatar
Eddie W. Apr 02, 2016 2816 views

What is the difference between an Advertising Designer and a Graphic Designer?

I kind of know what is the difference between an advertising design and a graphic designer? Someone explain in the simplest terms as possible. Also, is one more stressful than the other? Or both of them is stressful? #design #graphic-design #advertising...

#graphic-designer

Gloria Z.’s Avatar
Gloria Z. Oct 24, 2015 2090 views

What are some tips for finding a graphic design internship in high school?

I am currently a high school junior and I want to find a graphic design internship. I have been doing graphic design consistently for two years now, but it is all self taught and have never had any professional teaching. I really enjoy graphic design and hope to minor in it for college. I have...

#graphic-designer #graphic-design #high-school #internship #internships

Abby  A.’s Avatar
Abby A. Apr 09, 2015 2965 views

What the difference between media production and graphic design?

I'm a 10th grader, and I love to draw and paint. I know I want to work in a type of design medium but I don't know what. I want to work at BET or Empire. I also love music, and create album covers. I was thinking about graphic design but I'm unsure if they are the same thing. I want to work...

#graphic-designer #production #media-production #graphic-design #media

Jesus  L.’s Avatar
Jesus L. Feb 25, 2015 1267 views

Is it possible to learn how to draw electronically to become a graphic designer?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I am not really good at drawing. I always admired the people who could draw really cool things either on paper or on the computer. I am going to take art classes to maybe learn how to draw, but Is it possible for me to be able to be a graphic designer without...

#graphic-designer #digital-art #web-design #game-art #graphic-design #computer-art #artists

John R.’s Avatar
John R. Dec 18, 2014 1755 views

Is it possible to get into graphic designing without a bachelors degree?

The site I was using claimed that you needed a bachelors degree, but I've heard of people going into graphic design with an associates degree. #graphic-design #web-design...

#graphic-designer