Career Questions tagged Graphic Designer

Jersey S.’s Avatar
Jersey S. Nov 16, 2020 87 views

How is the life as a graphic designer? Specifically in areas of package, web or ux design??

I am pursuing graphic design in post-secondary. I am contemplating whether I should focus on package, web, or user experience design. Although, I am kind of leaning more towards user experience so any insights on how is it look would be really appreciated. Thanks! #web-design #graphics...

#design #givingiscaring #package-design #graphic-designer #user-experience #graphic-design #ux-design #ui-design #arts

Karen G.’s Avatar
Karen G. Oct 17, 2020 112 views
Karen G.’s Avatar
Karen G. Oct 17, 2020 86 views
Roger P.’s Avatar
Roger P. Oct 09, 2020 99 views

To people who are a graphic designer (the job not category of jobs) how easy or hard was it for you in college? Mainly classes and payment for stuff needed for class?

Hello, I'm thinking of being a graphic designer (I'm going say this every time the job specifically not the category of jobs), and the title/questions state everything I am asking. #graphic-designer #college...

#payment

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23, 2020 281 views

Does one need to be good at drawing to pursue a career in graphic design?

Even though I don't plan on pursuing a career in the graphic design field, this has always been a question of curiosity. I'm taking a communications technology course where we look at graphic design, and our teacher said that you don't need to know how to draw at all. Rather, you just need to...

#design #art #graphic-designer #career #graphic-design

Rebecca R.’s Avatar
Rebecca R. Aug 31, 2018 291 views

Which is better for Graphic Design majors - Bachelors in Fine Arts vs Bachelors in Arts degree

I am looking at a variety of colleges with graphic design programs. Some offer Bachelors in Fine Arts while others offer Bachelors in Arts. Does the degree type make a difference in getting a job when I graduate? #graphic-design...

#graphic-designer

Marcella M.’s Avatar
Marcella M. Jun 27, 2018 323 views
Raney W.’s Avatar
Raney W. May 29, 2018 361 views

As an artist, how do I make money while also doing what I'm passionate about?

I want to be a graphic designer after college, but I don't know where to begin with finding a stable job that also allows me creative freedom. I understand that I won't necessarily love every assignment I get, but I don't want to spend my career bored or uninspired. What is the key to finding...

#artist #jobs #money #graphic-designer #career

Samantha P.’s Avatar
Samantha P. Apr 21, 2018 398 views

What skills are important for a future graphic designer to have to become most marketable when finding a job?

I'm a sophomore in college taking a variety of graphic design classes as well as courses required for graduation. I'm trying to figure out what skills or possible college minor to choose in order to allow for the greatest range of career choices. #graphic-design...

#graphic-designer

Adriana G.’s Avatar
Adriana G. Jan 23, 2018 508 views

Going into the graphic design field, is it better to be an expert in one design area or be a beginner in all design areas?

Going into the graphic design industry, I want to better understand if I want to be hired if I should focus on one aspect of design to improve my skills or try all areas of design but not further improving past beginner stage. For companies hiring, who would they hire in this situation: the...

#graphic-designer #graphic-design

alex T.’s Avatar
alex T. Jan 22, 2018 791 views

is art school completely necessary to have a viable career?

i am a 17 year old who has been making art for the majority of my life and i consider myself as an artist. i wonder, is art school really necessary to be able to have a career. id like to be able to eat with worrying about my next meal. will art school help with this? even if its not a...

#graphic-designer #art

Jens B.’s Avatar
Jens B. Jan 17, 2018 282 views

How easy is it to major in music and minor in graphic arts in most colleges?

I will have a much better chance of getting into colleges and getting scholarships in music than in graphic arts. I have been playing trumpets since 3rd grade and I am pretty good. But, I don't wan't to be a performer for a living; my long term goal is graphic arts. #trumpet #music...

#graphic-designer #musicscholarships #graphic-design

Dea' Ja H.’s Avatar
Dea' Ja H. Aug 30, 2017 625 views

What are some challenges, you face from time to time, in the career field, graphic design and how did you face it?

I am a senior at KIPP: Renaissance High School, in New Orleans , Louisiana. I had a few questions in mind about my career field, graphic design. I know it's not all peaches and cream, but just wanted to know what were some of the challenges, that someone faced and what you did to face it....

#graphic-designer #art #graphicdesign #graphic-design

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. May 19, 2016 632 views

What is the most important skill from a high school graphics class that you used in college, and at your job?

I would like to someday be a graphic designer, and I would like to know a little more about the field before I decide if that's what I want to go earn a degree for. #graphic-designer #personal-development...

#art

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. May 20, 2016 768 views

What type of skills does a Graphic Designer need to have or work on?

I'm a senior in high school that's taking a Web, Multi-Media & Design class. After learning a few things and seeing how much of graphic design is used all over the world I've become very interested in the field of study.As I continue my knowledge in this type of career I want to know what...

#web-design #graphic-designer #graphic-design #personal-development

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. May 20, 2016 801 views

What is the salary for a Graphic Designer ranging from entry level to having years with experience?

Graphic Design is something I'd love to work in as a career because I enjoy it. It doesn't seem like a boring job I would hate going to everyday. Although I like working in Graphic Design, I'm curious about the pay. At the end of the day I need money to pay bills and sustain a stable lifestyle....

#salary #salary-review #web-design #graphic-designer #financial-planning #graphic-design

Pam M.’s Avatar
Pam M. Jan 26, 2017 836 views

How should you create a resume for a creative job?

I am a design student looking to find a job in the field. How should I go about creating my resume to target creative jobs (graphic design, web design, etc.). What are some key aspects I should focus on that aren't included a the conventional resume? #design #human-resources #resume...

#web-design #graphic-designer #graphic-design #creative #job-application #web-development

Cam D.’s Avatar
Cam D. Jun 10, 2016 659 views

Can a graphic designer honestly make a good living with a single job?

I am interested in pursuing graphic design as my career. #graphic-design #web-design #graphic-designer...

#digital-media

Rickie R.’s Avatar
Rickie R. May 26, 2016 512 views

What are the best laptops to use for taking a graphic design course?

I will be studying Graphic Design this fall at Liberty University and I would like the best laptops to use before I go out and buy one. #graphic-design #graphics #web-design #graphic-designer...

#3d-graphics

Katherine  S.’s Avatar
Katherine S. May 25, 2016 704 views

Do you really need to have a bachelor's degree to become a graphic designer?

I mean a lot of jobs in this field want someone with a bachelor's degree but is it really necessary?...

#graphic-designer

Katherine  S.’s Avatar
Katherine S. May 25, 2016 722 views

What kind of work does a graphic designer do?

I want to be one but I also want to know the specifics about the job....

#graphic-designer