Career Questions tagged Graphics

David J.’s Avatar
David J. Jun 26, 2019 94 views

How can I achieve working for AMD Graphics?

I am looking for a position in AMD Graphics to either repair or refurbish hardware and learn about the software and working with it....

#graphics

Rebecca R.’s Avatar
Rebecca R. Aug 31, 2018 195 views

Which medium would be best for a graphic design portfolio?

I am not sure whether to print/mount my graphic design projects or provide a electronic version of my portfolio. #graphic-design #graphics...

#logo-design

Christopher S.’s Avatar
Christopher S. Aug 27, 2018 170 views
Chloe B.’s Avatar
Chloe B. Sep 01, 2017 1093 views

I'm a graphic designer, but I can't draw. Will this hurt me?

I'm a graphic designer (think layouts, typography graphics, and aesthetic designs) but I've never been able to draw. Seeing as that's a big part of designing, will this hurt me in a real world setting? Might be important to note that I do actually also have a background in photography, so I...

#graphicdesign #graphics #digital-illustration #illustration #graphic-design

Torrey T.’s Avatar
Torrey T. Aug 31, 2017 402 views

What are the college classes like for and graphics design major?

I'm asking because I was thinking about choosing that career as an major for when I go to college. I though why not ask someone who has went to college and graduated with and degree in that subject. #graphic-design...

#graphics

Yasmin  A.’s Avatar
Yasmin A. May 17, 2016 595 views

Should I pursue photography and other careers within the art industry or steer myself towards law, politics and sociology?

I am a student in the UK and I am an aspiring photographer, I also have interests in art and would like to venture into other careers of the art industry, such as illustration, graphic - design. However, I am unable to truly talk to photographers who are willing to take interns or have someone...

#barrister #photography #graphics #illustrator #undecided

Julia D.’s Avatar
Julia D. May 18, 2016 967 views

How much training do you need to be a graphic designer?

My instructor told us that we don't get certification in our program because "you can't certify talent." That being said, how do I know when my skills are adequate? What kind of training is most important for a graphic designer- knowledge in the software, artistic skill, or raw creativity?...

#graphics #career-details #personal-development #graphic-design #design

Trayquil N.’s Avatar
Trayquil N. Feb 20, 2017 552 views

What is the average salary of a graphic designer

I'd like to know how much graphic designers make #graphic-design #graphics...

#financial-planning

Maggi E.’s Avatar
Maggi E. May 10, 2016 439 views

Best College Courses for Publication Design

What are the best courses to take in college if I want to work in publication design and eventually become a creative director? #college #design #director #creative #graphics #magazines...

#publication-design

Trayquil N.’s Avatar
Trayquil N. Feb 20, 2017 3560 views

Is it hard to find a job in graphic design?

I'd like to know how hard it is to find a job straight out of school #graphic-design...

#graphics

Trayquil N.’s Avatar
Trayquil N. Feb 20, 2017 582 views

What school is best for graphics

I'd like to know some top school for graphic design #graphic-design...

#graphics

Katie S.’s Avatar
Katie S. Jan 30, 2017 631 views

How do I start in a career?

Hello, I am a recent graduate and I have various skills in design, media, research, and web. Despite this, I am a beginner within all of these fields and I can't tell which career I should enter into or how. A lot of these jobs require a lot of experience. While I am very good and a hardworker,...

#marketing #career #recruiting #marketing-and-advertising #career-development #graphics #web-design #career-counseling

Rickie R.’s Avatar
Rickie R. May 26, 2016 588 views
Rickie R.’s Avatar
Rickie R. May 26, 2016 478 views

What are the best laptops to use for taking a graphic design course?

I will be studying Graphic Design this fall at Liberty University and I would like the best laptops to use before I go out and buy one. #graphic-design #graphics #web-design #graphic-designer...

#3d-graphics

Mackenzie G.’s Avatar
Mackenzie G. May 24, 2016 514 views

What is the best way to determine if the major you picked is best for you?

I've known for a very long time that going into the art field is what I wanted to do. But it seems that everytime I think about pursuing my dream of graphic design, I get very nervous that I won't be able to get a job or I will be struggling as my career evolves and I will have to switch...

#arts #graphics #communications #art #graphic-design

Mackenzie G.’s Avatar
Mackenzie G. May 24, 2016 729 views

What advice can you give to an upcoming college student that is completely happy of their major, but scared they won't get a job?

I will be attending school as a college freshman this coming August majoring in graphic design. I've known that graphic design is what I want to do for the rest of my life for a long time, I'm just nervous that I will regret going to school in the arts just in case someday after I graduate, I...

#arts #graphics #communications #communication-art #graphic-design

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. May 19, 2016 418 views

What type of jobs are available in the field of Graphic design?

Knowing some of the job options would go a long way in helping me know what I would like to do with my life....

#graphics

Julia D.’s Avatar
Julia D. May 18, 2016 486 views

Is it better to work from home or from a workplace

Is it better for a graphic designer specifically to work freelancing from home or AT a business, for a business? What are the pros and cons to both? I know this is the career field I want to enter, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is. Thanks! #design...

#graphics

Jeremy C.’s Avatar
Jeremy C. May 16, 2016 663 views

Which is better, large market studios or small market freelance work?

As a soon to be graduate is it better to jump straight into large market areas or begin smaller as a freelance designer. I am curious as to whether it would be more beneficial to start out small, in a local area close to home right out of college, to grow as a designer or if it is reasonable to...

#multimedia #visual-design #design #freelance #visual-studio #graphics #web-design #digital-media

Jeremy C.’s Avatar
Jeremy C. May 16, 2016 2636 views

What is the difference between a Production Artist and a true Graphic Designer?

I am a student at Mississippi State University in their Graphic Design program. I am about to take a production course and I need some clarification on the difference of a Production Artist vs a True Graphic Design position #design #artist #graphics #production #multimedia #visual-arts...

#visual-design #visual-studio

Maria B.’s Avatar
Maria B. May 07, 2016 757 views

What job appeals to extremely outgoing and creative people?

I want to do something in a field that makes me happy and allows me to be myself but while still making money, but it seems that jobs in 2020 that are availbale don't appeal to people in artsy careers or design fields. #design #film #graphics #fine-art #video...

#creativity

Joshua G.’s Avatar
Joshua G. Jan 20, 2012 4384 views

What would help me on my path to becoming a professional skateboard designer?

I'm a sophomore at the age of 15. I would like to learn how to skate and design skateboards. #design #arts #graphics...

#skateboarding

Immanual A.’s Avatar
Immanual A. May 03, 2016 586 views

I want to become an Animator, what will be the process for it?

I Have completed PUC, Im interested in animation and Graphic designing #design #graphics...

#animators

Lauren H.’s Avatar
Lauren H. Apr 13, 2016 732 views

What kind of places can graphic designers work?

I was thinking of double majoring in English and art with a minor in psychology. #college #graphics #designers...

#company

Mason S.’s Avatar
Mason S. Nov 19, 2015 646 views

What's the average pay for a graphic designer

I'm a 6th grade student and i'm thinking to go in this career. #design...

#graphics

Olivia  .’s Avatar
Olivia . Nov 05, 2015 642 views

what college courses and college to got to , to be a Graphic Designer

I just want to know what it takes to be a graphic designer for the future. #general #graphics...

#designers

Gabriel C.’s Avatar
Gabriel C. Apr 09, 2015 1308 views

How should someone start off their graphic design career?

I am very interested in graphic design and would want to create graphics. #design #graphic-design #graphics...

#3d-graphics

Lostaboutlife L.’s Avatar
Lostaboutlife L. Jan 13, 2015 1867 views

I don't know what I want to major in College

Well I first started college and had many ups and downs. I met a teacher who was a Child Development teacher and she was the best professor I ever had. I decided to major in Child Development. After that I worked with children from babies to High Schoolers. I figured out I don't have the...

#professionals #college #oral-communication #graphics