Career Questions tagged Graphics

Spencer T.’s Avatar
Spencer T. Jun 02 98 views

What programs are most favorable when becoming a graphic designer?

What are the best programs to when working as a graphic/digital designer? #graphic-design #graphics...

#media

Debora V.’s Avatar
Debora V. May 09 97 views

Job ideas for artist designer?

I a self-taught Artist and recently earned a Digital Media Graphic Design AS degree. I'm 35 yrs old and I have done many jobs in my lifetime but need guidance finding careers that fit my interest, abilities, and field of study. Thanks #graphic-design #artist #graphics...

#photography

Alex W.’s Avatar
Alex W. Mar 15 117 views

How much time is usually spent on working as a graphic designer?

How much time is spent on planning, making the designs and other different aspects of design? #designer...

#graphics

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 96 views

What are the best programs for digital art?

Hello! I'm Ms. Tingle at the International Community School. My 5th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks so much! #art...

#graphics

Jersey S.’s Avatar
Jersey S. Nov 16, 2020 290 views

How is the life as a graphic designer? Specifically in areas of package, web or ux design??

I am pursuing graphic design in post-secondary. I am contemplating whether I should focus on package, web, or user experience design. Although, I am kind of leaning more towards user experience so any insights on how is it look would be really appreciated. Thanks! #web-design #graphics...

#ux-design #package-design #user-experience #graphic-designer #design #ui-design #givingiscaring #graphic-design #arts

David J.’s Avatar
David J. Jun 26, 2019 215 views

How can I achieve working for AMD Graphics?

I am looking for a position in AMD Graphics to either repair or refurbish hardware and learn about the software and working with it....

#graphics

Rebecca R.’s Avatar
Rebecca R. Aug 31, 2018 321 views

Which medium would be best for a graphic design portfolio?

I am not sure whether to print/mount my graphic design projects or provide a electronic version of my portfolio. #graphic-design #graphics...

#logo-design

Chloe B.’s Avatar
Chloe B. Sep 01, 2017 1886 views

I'm a graphic designer, but I can't draw. Will this hurt me?

I'm a graphic designer (think layouts, typography graphics, and aesthetic designs) but I've never been able to draw. Seeing as that's a big part of designing, will this hurt me in a real world setting? Might be important to note that I do actually also have a background in photography, so I...

#illustration #graphics #graphic-design #digital-illustration #graphicdesign

Torrey T.’s Avatar
Torrey T. Aug 31, 2017 509 views

What are the college classes like for and graphics design major?

I'm asking because I was thinking about choosing that career as an major for when I go to college. I though why not ask someone who has went to college and graduated with and degree in that subject. #graphic-design...

#graphics

Yasmin  A.’s Avatar
Yasmin A. May 17, 2016 724 views

Should I pursue photography and other careers within the art industry or steer myself towards law, politics and sociology?

I am a student in the UK and I am an aspiring photographer, I also have interests in art and would like to venture into other careers of the art industry, such as illustration, graphic - design. However, I am unable to truly talk to photographers who are willing to take interns or have someone...

#barrister #undecided #photography #graphics #illustrator

Julia D.’s Avatar
Julia D. May 18, 2016 1085 views

How much training do you need to be a graphic designer?

My instructor told us that we don't get certification in our program because "you can't certify talent." That being said, how do I know when my skills are adequate? What kind of training is most important for a graphic designer- knowledge in the software, artistic skill, or raw creativity?...

#personal-development #career-details #graphics #graphic-design #design

Trayquil N.’s Avatar
Trayquil N. Feb 20, 2017 714 views

What is the average salary of a graphic designer

I'd like to know how much graphic designers make #graphic-design #graphics...

#financial-planning

Maggi E.’s Avatar
Maggi E. May 10, 2016 548 views

Best College Courses for Publication Design

What are the best courses to take in college if I want to work in publication design and eventually become a creative director? #college #design #director #creative #graphics #magazines...

#publication-design

Trayquil N.’s Avatar
Trayquil N. Feb 20, 2017 4916 views

Is it hard to find a job in graphic design?

I'd like to know how hard it is to find a job straight out of school #graphic-design...

#graphics

Trayquil N.’s Avatar
Trayquil N. Feb 20, 2017 693 views

What school is best for graphics

I'd like to know some top school for graphic design #graphic-design...

#graphics

Katie S.’s Avatar
Katie S. Jan 30, 2017 763 views

How do I start in a career?

Hello, I am a recent graduate and I have various skills in design, media, research, and web. Despite this, I am a beginner within all of these fields and I can't tell which career I should enter into or how. A lot of these jobs require a lot of experience. While I am very good and a hardworker,...

#web-design #marketing-and-advertising #marketing #career #career-development #career-counseling #graphics #recruiting

Rickie R.’s Avatar
Rickie R. May 26, 2016 951 views

What are the best laptops to use for taking a graphic design course?

I will be studying Graphic Design this fall at Liberty University and I would like the best laptops to use before I go out and buy one. #graphic-design #graphics #web-design #graphic-designer...

#3d-graphics

Mackenzie G.’s Avatar
Mackenzie G. May 24, 2016 618 views

What is the best way to determine if the major you picked is best for you?

I've known for a very long time that going into the art field is what I wanted to do. But it seems that everytime I think about pursuing my dream of graphic design, I get very nervous that I won't be able to get a job or I will be struggling as my career evolves and I will have to switch...

#art #graphics #graphic-design #arts #communications

Mackenzie G.’s Avatar
Mackenzie G. May 24, 2016 841 views

What advice can you give to an upcoming college student that is completely happy of their major, but scared they won't get a job?

I will be attending school as a college freshman this coming August majoring in graphic design. I've known that graphic design is what I want to do for the rest of my life for a long time, I'm just nervous that I will regret going to school in the arts just in case someday after I graduate, I...

#arts #graphics #graphic-design #communication-art #communications

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. May 19, 2016 508 views

What type of jobs are available in the field of Graphic design?

Knowing some of the job options would go a long way in helping me know what I would like to do with my life....

#graphics

Julia D.’s Avatar
Julia D. May 18, 2016 740 views

Is it better to work from home or from a workplace

Is it better for a graphic designer specifically to work freelancing from home or AT a business, for a business? What are the pros and cons to both? I know this is the career field I want to enter, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is. Thanks! #design...

#graphics

Jeremy C.’s Avatar
Jeremy C. May 16, 2016 790 views

Which is better, large market studios or small market freelance work?

As a soon to be graduate is it better to jump straight into large market areas or begin smaller as a freelance designer. I am curious as to whether it would be more beneficial to start out small, in a local area close to home right out of college, to grow as a designer or if it is reasonable to...

#web-design #multimedia #visual-design #design #freelance #digital-media #graphics #visual-studio

Jeremy C.’s Avatar
Jeremy C. May 16, 2016 3647 views

What is the difference between a Production Artist and a true Graphic Designer?

I am a student at Mississippi State University in their Graphic Design program. I am about to take a production course and I need some clarification on the difference of a Production Artist vs a True Graphic Design position #design #artist #graphics #production #multimedia #visual-arts...

#visual-studio #visual-design