Career Questions tagged Web Design

Marcela M.’s Avatar
Marcela M. Jan 02 184 views

Advice for a Graphic Design Students

Hello! I've enrolled in San Diego City College's Graphic Design Program and will be returning to school this spring after a 4-year hiatus. I'm currently studying Adobe CC training videos independently and building up my portfolio. What advice would you give new graphic design students and what...

Erika V.’s Avatar
Erika V. Mar 31, 2021 305 views

Whish careers are available in visual design

I'm interested in studying into visual design, but do not know what courses are available and where to begin. #design #designing #web-design

hannah L.’s Avatar
hannah L. Mar 15, 2021 491 views

what classes did you take in high school for graphic design

I'm in 9th grade and I'm wondering about graphic design #graphic-design #graphic-designer #web-design #graphics #game-design #game-design

Jersey S.’s Avatar
Jersey S. Nov 16, 2020 442 views

How is the life as a graphic designer? Specifically in areas of package, web or ux design??

I am pursuing graphic design in post-secondary. I am contemplating whether I should focus on package, web, or user experience design. Although, I am kind of leaning more towards user experience so any insights on how is it look would be really appreciated. Thanks! #web-design #graphics...

Kass D.’s Avatar
Kass D. Jun 04, 2019 456 views

What are the usual degree requirements of a Web Designer and Developer

I am starting school at a local community college this fall, and after long deliberation, have decided that I want to do web design/development, since I have taken both AP Art and AP Computer Science Principles, and they both ended up being two of my favorite classes, and have given me enough...

Trevor P.’s Avatar
Trevor P. Mar 06, 2019 266 views

What type of work environment would a Web Designer encounter

1: what typical hours would be involved
2: a lot of traveling
3: would i require to relocate
#business #tech #web-design #design #career

Trevor P.’s Avatar
Trevor P. Mar 06, 2019 364 views

What is the opportunity for advancement like for a Web Designer

how many types of positions are in this field #tech #web-design #design #career

Jane L.’s Avatar
Jane L. Feb 19, 2019 419 views

What are the pros and cons to the Graphic Design field?

I am a high school senior that is interested in Graphic Design as a future career, however, there are many opinions surrounding the field and I want to know what are the pros and cons to this field. #graphic-design #art #design #web-design #computer

Eva K.’s Avatar
Eva K. Jan 13, 2018 439 views

What are some web design summer plans?

I’m a freshman in high school and I was wondering what kind of web design summer plans exist, like camps, internships, and others.
#web-design #web-development #summer-internship #summer-courses

zainab H.’s Avatar
zainab H. Sep 26, 2017 1028 views

Can anyone working in the computer science field provide info about their life as a computer scientist and the schooling you went through to graduate?

i have an assignment that requires me to find a person working in the computer science field . I have to know details about the day in the life of a computer scientist, and also know what schooling you went through to become a computer scientist. I need someone who works in ontario, and someone...

Faith  K.’s Avatar
Faith K. Sep 01, 2017 760 views

What are some college courses to consider for working abroad?

My dream is to travel the world, but I obviously need a good source of income in order to do that. Writing/editing has always interested me, and so a career doing something similar to that would be great. However, I'm very open to other ideas: I've heard #web-design and #transcriptionist have...

Rachel G.’s Avatar
Rachel G. Jun 27, 2017 1729 views

What majors/careers include both mathematics and visual arts?

I love math, it's my favorite subject in school and I definitely would like to continue with it in the future. However, I don't want to lose the visual design aspect which I also love. I was considering a double major in mathematics and digital communications/multi media (it basically involves...

Leonardo H.’s Avatar
Leonardo H. Feb 23, 2017 798 views

How do i become a Web designer?

I am a junior in High School, still deciding what i want to pursuit in a career. I really like surfing on the internet and explore the different features on Social media. I spent a lot of time online and on my phone. I recently use wix to create a Website for an after school program and i...

zackery B.’s Avatar
zackery B. Feb 14, 2017 833 views
Katie S.’s Avatar
Katie S. Jan 30, 2017 831 views

How do I start in a career?

Hello, I am a recent graduate and I have various skills in design, media, research, and web. Despite this, I am a beginner within all of these fields and I can't tell which career I should enter into or how. A lot of these jobs require a lot of experience. While I am very good and a hardworker,...

Pam M.’s Avatar
Pam M. Jan 26, 2017 1038 views

How should you create a resume for a creative job?

I am a design student looking to find a job in the field. How should I go about creating my resume to target creative jobs (graphic design, web design, etc.). What are some key aspects I should focus on that aren't included a the conventional resume? #design #human-resources #resume...

Savanna N.’s Avatar
Savanna N. Oct 26, 2016 789 views

Does having a minor in Web Design increase my chances of a company hiring me (with a Computer Science Bachelors)?

I am interested in computer science but a family friend had also took computer science and ended up changing to Web Design. That made me think more about minoring in Web Design but I'm not sure if there is much I can do with a Web Design minor or if it even looks good to companies when looking...

kayla S.’s Avatar
kayla S. Oct 19, 2016 624 views

How to land an internship ?

Could you list some advice or skills that would be beneficial for a student to acquire in order to get an internship ? #computer-science #business #engineering #web-design #web-development #web #personal-development #job-application

Arthur  M.’s Avatar
Arthur M. Sep 20, 2016 2108 views

What is the difference between a web designer and a web developer?

I'm more curious as I'm not sure which one is which most of the time. #college #computer #information-technology #web-design #web-development #internet-technology

Cam D.’s Avatar
Cam D. Jun 10, 2016 780 views

Can a graphic designer honestly make a good living with a single job?

I am interested in pursuing graphic design as my career. #graphic-design #web-design #graphic-designer #digital-media

Rickie R.’s Avatar
Rickie R. May 26, 2016 879 views