Career Questions tagged Web Design

Kass D.’s Avatar
Kass D. Jun 04 134 views

What are the usual degree requirements of a Web Designer and Developer

I am starting school at a local community college this fall, and after long deliberation, have decided that I want to do web design/development, since I have taken both AP Art and AP Computer Science Principles, and they both ended up being two of my favorite classes, and have given me enough...

#webdeveloper #web-design #associates-degree #graphic-design #webdevelopment #informationsystems #webdesign #college #web-designer #design

Gabriel F.’s Avatar
Gabriel F. Apr 07 125 views
Trevor P.’s Avatar
Trevor P. Mar 06 98 views

What type of work environment would a Web Designer encounter

1: what typical hours would be involved 2: a lot of traveling 3: would i require to relocate #business #tech #web-design #design...

#career

Trevor P.’s Avatar
Trevor P. Mar 06 91 views

What is the opportunity for advancement like for a Web Designer

how many types of positions are in this field #tech #web-design #design...

#career

Jane L.’s Avatar
Jane L. Feb 19 153 views

What are the pros and cons to the Graphic Design field?

I am a high school senior that is interested in Graphic Design as a future career, however, there are many opinions surrounding the field and I want to know what are the pros and cons to this field. #graphic-design #art #design #web-design...

#computer

Eva K.’s Avatar
Eva K. Jan 13, 2018 194 views

What are some web design summer plans?

I’m a freshman in high school and I was wondering what kind of web design summer plans exist, like camps, internships, and others. #web-design #web-development #summer-internship...

#summer-courses

zainab H.’s Avatar
zainab H. Sep 26, 2017 655 views

Can anyone working in the computer science field provide info about their life as a computer scientist and the schooling you went through to graduate?

i have an assignment that requires me to find a person working in the computer science field . I have to know details about the day in the life of a computer scientist, and also know what schooling you went through to become a computer scientist. I need someone who works in ontario, and someone...

#software-development #computer-software #engineering #software-engineering #computer-science #tech #computer #computer-engineering #programming #computer-engineer #web-design #engineer #software #college #computer-programming #technology

Faith  K.’s Avatar
Faith K. Sep 01, 2017 464 views

What are some college courses to consider for working abroad?

My dream is to travel the world, but I obviously need a good source of income in order to do that. Writing/editing has always interested me, and so a career doing something similar to that would be great. However, I'm very open to other ideas: I've heard #web-design and #transcriptionist have...

#online-advertising #online #online-marketing #what-should-i-do-in-school-that-will-help-me-get-the-job-i-want #work-from-home #working-abroad #living-abroad #job-search #travel #traveling #online-media

kayla S.’s Avatar
kayla S. Oct 19, 2016 380 views

How to land an internship ?

Could you list some advice or skills that would be beneficial for a student to acquire in order to get an internship ? #computer-science #business #engineering #web-design #web-development #web #personal-development...

#job-application

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. May 20, 2016 674 views

What type of skills does a Graphic Designer need to have or work on?

I'm a senior in high school that's taking a Web, Multi-Media & Design class. After learning a few things and seeing how much of graphic design is used all over the world I've become very interested in the field of study.As I continue my knowledge in this type of career I want to know what...

#web-design #graphic-designer #graphic-design #personal-development

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. May 20, 2016 700 views

What is the salary for a Graphic Designer ranging from entry level to having years with experience?

Graphic Design is something I'd love to work in as a career because I enjoy it. It doesn't seem like a boring job I would hate going to everyday. Although I like working in Graphic Design, I'm curious about the pay. At the end of the day I need money to pay bills and sustain a stable lifestyle....

#web-design #graphic-designer #salary-review #salary #financial-planning #graphic-design

Pam M.’s Avatar
Pam M. Jan 26, 2017 702 views

How should you create a resume for a creative job?

I am a design student looking to find a job in the field. How should I go about creating my resume to target creative jobs (graphic design, web design, etc.). What are some key aspects I should focus on that aren't included a the conventional resume? #design #human-resources #resume...

#web-design #creative #web-development #graphic-design #graphic-designer #job-application

Rachel G.’s Avatar
Rachel G. Jun 27, 2017 846 views

What majors/careers include both mathematics and visual arts?

I love math, it's my favorite subject in school and I definitely would like to continue with it in the future. However, I don't want to lose the visual design aspect which I also love. I was considering a double major in mathematics and digital communications/multi media (it basically involves...

#web-design #multimedia #graphic-design #video-production #marketing #social-media-marketing #computer-science #mathematics

Leonardo H.’s Avatar
Leonardo H. Feb 23, 2017 541 views

How do i become a Web designer?

I am a junior in High School, still deciding what i want to pursuit in a career. I really like surfing on the internet and explore the different features on Social media. I spent a lot of time online and on my phone. I recently use wix to create a Website for an after school program and i...

#web-content #web-design #social-media #web-development #web-applications #mobile-app #mobile-applications #web-analytics

zackery B.’s Avatar
zackery B. Feb 14, 2017 546 views
Katie S.’s Avatar
Katie S. Jan 30, 2017 588 views

How do I start in a career?

Hello, I am a recent graduate and I have various skills in design, media, research, and web. Despite this, I am a beginner within all of these fields and I can't tell which career I should enter into or how. A lot of these jobs require a lot of experience. While I am very good and a hardworker,...

#career #web-design #career-development #career-counseling #marketing-and-advertising #recruiting #graphics #marketing

Savanna N.’s Avatar
Savanna N. Oct 26, 2016 544 views

Does having a minor in Web Design increase my chances of a company hiring me (with a Computer Science Bachelors)?

I am interested in computer science but a family friend had also took computer science and ended up changing to Web Design. That made me think more about minoring in Web Design but I'm not sure if there is much I can do with a Web Design minor or if it even looks good to companies when looking...

#computer-science #web-design #software-development #computer-software

Arthur  M.’s Avatar
Arthur M. Sep 20, 2016 1015 views
Cam D.’s Avatar
Cam D. Jun 10, 2016 593 views

Can a graphic designer honestly make a good living with a single job?

I am interested in pursuing graphic design as my career. #graphic-design #web-design #graphic-designer...

#digital-media

Rickie R.’s Avatar
Rickie R. May 26, 2016 526 views
Rickie R.’s Avatar
Rickie R. May 26, 2016 440 views

What are the best laptops to use for taking a graphic design course?

I will be studying Graphic Design this fall at Liberty University and I would like the best laptops to use before I go out and buy one. #graphic-design #graphics #web-design #graphic-designer...

#3d-graphics

Mark A.’s Avatar
Mark A. May 24, 2016 611 views

In graphic design, 2D and 3D, what is a typical day at work like? Does your enviornment influence your work in any way?

I've had a slight interest in graphic design, I make art and drawings on the side as a hobby and have considered making a career out of it. I wanted to know someone's experience with the field and figure out if it is for me or not. #graphic-design #web-design #graphic-designer...

#3d-graphics

Eva C.’s Avatar
Eva C. May 17, 2016 611 views

What type of things do Graphic Designers do?

I love the arts, and I think this would be one of the best career paths for me, but I'm not exactly sure what Graphic Designers do. I had the opportunity to be shown the studio of a graphic designer who mostly did cartoon characters, but I know there are different kinds of Graphic Designers, I...

#web-design #graphic-designer #graphic-design

Jeremy C.’s Avatar
Jeremy C. May 16, 2016 619 views

Which is better, large market studios or small market freelance work?

As a soon to be graduate is it better to jump straight into large market areas or begin smaller as a freelance designer. I am curious as to whether it would be more beneficial to start out small, in a local area close to home right out of college, to grow as a designer or if it is reasonable to...

#web-design #digital-media #multimedia #freelance #visual-design #visual-studio #graphics #design

Brittney G.’s Avatar
Brittney G. May 11, 2016 722 views

I am interested in Web Design but I am not sure of the job market or exact degree to pursue.

Yesterday, I won an award at my school for best Web Design projects, having the highest grade in the school, on each project this school year! I am about to graduate high school. I'm not sure exactly what major/minor to pursue and I am also wondering what kind of a career I will find. I am...

#web-design

Becca H.’s Avatar
Becca H. May 11, 2016 562 views