Career Questions tagged Online

Sophia A.’s Avatar
Sophia A. Oct 26, 2018 192 views

Applying for Scholarships

I am a 2018 high school graduate on a gap year. I am using my time away from school to apply for more aid and really getting to myself as well. As I try to find scholarships, I notice most are for those who are seniors in high school and graduating in 2019. I have gotten lucky with some,...

#college #geneds #online #financial-aid #gapyear #scholarship

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. May 04, 2018 199 views

Is there such a thing as an accredited, online, FREE university?

I am so tired of debt that has accumulated from my studies. I want to learn and grow and have a brighter future, but the more I study, the heavier my debt load becomes. I am applying for scholarships, however, they of course do not guarantee funding. So, is there a university that one does not...

#finance #online #online-college #student-debt #debt #university

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 239 views

Best online colleges for computer science?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #online...

#it #computer-programming #online-program #computer-science #college-online #eschool

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 191 views

Best online college programs?

#online-college #online-degree #eschool

Melanie B.’s Avatar
Melanie B. Jan 22, 2018 281 views

Where is the best place to buy college textbooks?

I know amazon prime is a good online access to everything to buy. Should I buy it in person to make sure it is in good condition? I have also heard about websites that sell used textbooks? Is that trustworthy? Is buying a used textbook worth it? #college #textbooks #online...

#confused

Erica Z.’s Avatar
Erica Z. Jan 19, 2018 187 views

How can I get more scholarships?

I am going to #graduate-school #online and working at the same time. It is getting really difficult to find #scholarships that I can apply for. Where can I find...

Leah A.’s Avatar
Leah A. Dec 18, 2017 190 views

What good online jobs are there that pay by work hours, not annual contract?

I am now on winter break and want a job but can't drive. I am looking online for jobs that pay according to how much work I do so that I don't have to clock in at certain hours. I am an art student and would prefer to get a leg-in for my future art career but I won't be heartbroken if end up...

#job #job-search #online #creative-writing #online-gaming

Leah A.’s Avatar
Leah A. Dec 18, 2017 404 views

Is it worth it to get a job only for the month of college winter break?

I am home for winter break right now and want to get a job so I am not doing anything after New Years. Applying for jobs is even harder because I can't drive and must be able to walk there and back every day I work. #job-search #online #remote-work #part-time...

#college-jobs

Faith  K.’s Avatar
Faith K. Sep 01, 2017 450 views

What are some college courses to consider for working abroad?

My dream is to travel the world, but I obviously need a good source of income in order to do that. Writing/editing has always interested me, and so a career doing something similar to that would be great. However, I'm very open to other ideas: I've heard #web-design and #transcriptionist have...

#online-media #living-abroad #job-search #working-abroad #traveling #travel #online-advertising #online #work-from-home #what-should-i-do-in-school-that-will-help-me-get-the-job-i-want #online-marketing

Galina B.’s Avatar
Galina B. Apr 12, 2017 469 views

Am I wasting my time applying to national scholarships I found online?

Since the beginning of my senior year I have been using websites like cappex and fastweb to find scholarships to apply to. All of the scholarships are online and seem to be national. Is it worth applying to these? Do a lot of students apply to these? Should I be searching elsewhere for local...

#college #scholarships #online

Hero D.’s Avatar
Hero D. Jun 25, 2016 712 views

Is it necessary to go to school when I could learn what I want online?

Do I have to school before I make it in life? #education #school #students #learning #online #e-learning...

#computer-literate

Rahul V.’s Avatar
Rahul V. Jun 24, 2016 843 views
Belle D.’s Avatar
Belle D. May 24, 2016 428 views

How did you come up with a creative business idea?

I started a small online business before closing it recently due to personal issues. But business is definitely my number one career choice. But the hardest part is thinking what to sell or what to create a business on... any help? #business #finance #entrepreneurship...

#online

Veronica F.’s Avatar
Veronica F. May 20, 2016 472 views

Is doing online college a bad thing?

I would like to know if online college would look worse on a resume than just attending and graduating from a normal college. #college #resume...

#online

Amanda M.’s Avatar
Amanda M. May 19, 2016 1130 views

Advertising tech?

It is tech week. What tech jobs could I possibly get with an advertising degree? #job-search #tech #advertising...

#online

Courtney B.’s Avatar
Courtney B. May 10, 2016 438 views

Are there many legitimate online careers?

I see a lot of ads about online careers. A lot of them seem too good to be true. Being able to work from home, online, and make a good amount of money, etc. The ones I have seen just seem like a scam. Are there really legitimate, reliable careers that allow you to work from home? #online...

#online-fraud

Katy S.’s Avatar
Katy S. Mar 17, 2015 486 views

What are some steps can a online merchant take for building the success of the future and how to keep up with organization?

Hi. My name is Katy and I'm in 10th grade. I have many interests in creating many DIY (Do It Yourself) projects. It is a hobby of mine and a passion that I want to pursue. I want to pursue a business out of my own projects. During the process, I want to get to know more of how to get started...

#merchant #business #projects #online

Melissa S.’s Avatar
Melissa S. Apr 28, 2014 1287 views

What job applications are better to use

I'm just currious if applying online is better than a hand written application #job #application...

#online