Career Questions tagged Spanish

Evelynn E.’s Avatar
Evelynn E. Oct 16 30 views

How do I get a job in forensics?

I'm a physics major with a minor in math and Spanish, and I don't know where to go, where to look, or how to get a job in forensics. I have been looking online a lot, but so far I have only found jobs for chemistry and psychology majors. Thank you #jobs #math #career #forensics #jobinforensics...

#forensicscience #spanish #physics #firstjob

Evelynn E.’s Avatar
Evelynn E. Oct 15 70 views

Jobs in forensics

I'm a physics major with a minor in math and spanish. I'm trying to look for a job that is related to forensics, but so far the ones that I have found are for biology, chemistry, and psychology majors. Thank you #forensics #forensicscience #job #physics #math #spanish #...

#first-job

Anjali P.’s Avatar
Anjali P. Feb 04 160 views

What's the best advice for someone studying abroad?

I am studying abroad in Madrid, Spain this semester. I would love to hear anyone's advice or opinions! Specifically, some topics that have interested me are: traveling on a budget, learning Spanish/Spanish fluency, making/keeping friends abroad, and time management. #study-abroad #college...

#budget #life #spain #college-advice #travel #spanish #time

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Dec 11, 2018 287 views

What are some great programs to watch in Spanish to help improve my fluency?

I would like to know of some great shows (preferably on Netflix) that I could watch to improve my comprehension of Spanish and my fluency. #college, #spanish,...

#learning

Kaylee H.’s Avatar
Kaylee H. Oct 17, 2018 362 views

What is the best way to prepare for studying abroad in Spain for a full semester?

My desire to study abroad stems from wanting to learn the language of Spanish, to travel and see the sights, to re-model myself to see new approaches of lifestyles and to develop and make personal growth with lifetime memories. I might be intimidated to let go of my normal day to day routine as...

#prepare #spain #college #travel #studyabroad #spanish #hospitality

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Aug 27, 2018 237 views

What are some minors that would go well with a Spanish major?

If I were to want to translate for courts, would I have to get any specific minors? #minors #spanish...

#translator

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Aug 27, 2018 244 views

What types of jobs can you get as a Spanish Translator?

I plan on majoring in Spanish and I would like to know some of my options with this major outside of teaching. #spanish...

#jobs

Liz E.’s Avatar
Liz E. Aug 23, 2018 213 views

I want to become an ELL/Dual Language elementary teacher. What all could I do with my Master's Degree in Spanish?

Spanish comes easily to me and I would like to incorporate it into my career, whether that be education or another field. #spanish #education #ell #future #career #foreignlanguages...

#elementary

Lianna G.’s Avatar
Lianna G. Jan 16, 2018 346 views

What is a good career choice for a person with a natural ability for learning foreign languages?

In addition to excelling in English throughout high school, I also have a passion for Spanish and American Sign Language. I would love to get input from others regarding a career choice that would allow me to use this strength. #foreign-languages #language #communication #spanish...

#american-sign-language

Loren V.’s Avatar
Loren V. Apr 18, 2018 325 views

How do I sell my General Bachelor of Arts to future employers?

I am studying both German and Spanish right now in university. I know that language abilities are helpful to a variety of jobs, but if an employer isn't hiring a job that specifically asks for language skills, how to I make myself still seem applicable? #language #foreign-languages #german...

#hiring #spanish

Lindsey D.’s Avatar
Lindsey D. Apr 11, 2018 359 views

What can you do with a Spanish major?

I'm in high school, heading off to college soon, and wondering what jobs I would be able to get with a major in #spanish. I'd love to hear what you for a living after majoring or minoring in Spanish in college! #foreign-languages #language #languages...

#college-major

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Mar 27, 2018 386 views

Will taking a Spanish course in college really help me with my future career in psychology?

The school I want to go to requires that I take a Spanish course. #spanish #foreign-languages #psychology...

Jasminne V.’s Avatar
Jasminne V. Mar 19, 2018 328 views

Is it better to minor in French?

I am already fluent in Spanish, but have only taken French in high school. #french #college-minor #spanish...

#foreign-languages

Rachel C.’s Avatar
Rachel C. Mar 18, 2018 252 views

How will having a double major affect me financially?

I plan on majoring in Law and Spanish in college, but it is really important to me to be in the best financial spot possible when I graduate. #pre-law #law #spanish...

#spanishmajor

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. Mar 05, 2018 313 views

What are some tips for language learning?

I love to learn languages and often do so by teaching myself. I can speak English and German proficiently, followed by Spanish decently well, and basic sentences in Turkish, Italian, and Russian. What are some tips on learning foreign languages and becoming more fluent? #language #german...

#spanish #languages #language-skills #foreign-languages

Yasmin A.’s Avatar
Yasmin A. Jan 24, 2018 724 views

Are foreign language degree considered "useless?"

I love foreign languages. I'm already bilingual. (I speak Spanish fluently.) It's my dream to become a polyglot. In college, I'm certain I want to either minor or major in a foreign language. I'm particularly interested in learning Japanese, but I'm also considering Arabic or Russian. The...

#russian #japanese #foreign-languages #arabic #careers-for-people-with-liberal-arts-degrees #spanish #bachelorsdegree

Kayla B.’s Avatar
Kayla B. Jan 13, 2018 318 views

What are the different types of jobs an English to Spanish Translator/Interpreter can have?

I'd like to know what types of information (and words) its common for Spanish Translators to use, and which ones are the most fun environments to be in! #spanish...

#translation

Brenda H.’s Avatar
Brenda H. Sep 01, 2017 422 views

How difficult is it to get a job as a Spanish teacher?

I'm asking because I am currently in college studying Spanish and I really want to one day teach people the language. I want to know how difficult it is to find a job. #jobs #spanish #ap-spanish...

#teaching

Sonia G.’s Avatar
Sonia G. Sep 01, 2017 356 views

would majoring in Spanish and in History be a good path?

I really love both of these subjects, but personally I'd like to get more input with these subjects. I also want to know what type of classes I'd need to take to make this possible . #history #american-history #world-history #spanish...

#ap-spanish

MacClement G.’s Avatar
MacClement G. Aug 21, 2016 609 views

How to improve spanish skills if there are few native speakers in my area?

I have been studying and learning Spanish since Kindergarten and am reaching a point that requires true interaction with native speakers to improve further. I regularly read the news in Spanish and as a result my reading skills are quite good but my speaking and listening skills are...

#bilingual-spanish #personal-development #spanish

Marisa K.’s Avatar
Marisa K. Oct 25, 2016 722 views

Would it be useful to have a minor in a foreign language?

I am in my fifth year of Spanish, and would like to peruse it as a minor. I am wondering if it would be a useful skill to continue developing to work ing the physics industry. #career #physics #language #spanish...

#personal-development

Kayla H.’s Avatar
Kayla H. Oct 27, 2016 370 views

How are STEM schools different from regular universities? Are they geared specifically towards STEM skills or are you learning other things as well?

I want to have a major in biomedical engineering but I also want to learn other things. I also want to major in Spanish. I love the language and I want to continue my study in college as well. #engineering #spanish...

#stem-education

Maria A.’s Avatar
Maria A. Oct 22, 2016 484 views

As a teacher, do you have to get certified in different areas of subjects? Or do you have to major/minor in them?

I want to become a middle school biology teacher but I would also like to teach Spanish, Georgia Studies, and math #teaching #biology #mathematics #history #spanish...

#middle-school

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Aug 29, 2016 6768 views

Should I go on and take AP Spanish in high school?

I am a student going into my junior year of high school. This upcoming fall, I will start taking a Spanish IV Honors course for the whole year. Compared to Spanish I (which I took in middle school) and Spanish II (which I took my freshman year), Spanish III has been relatively harder. There is...

#ap-spanish #high-school-classes #foreign-languages #language #spanish #student #ap

Dylan B.’s Avatar
Dylan B. May 25, 2016 790 views

Is it important to know multiple languages in your job?

This is regardless of the job. Personally I plan on being in tech but all my teachers say it's very important to know more than one language. Personally I struggle with learning languages. Will I be at a large disadvantage? #general #language #first-job #technical...

#spanish

Olivia T.’s Avatar
Olivia T. May 25, 2016 872 views

What would the benefits be if I minored in a foreign language (Spanish for example)? My ideal major is undecided, but I want to better my understanding of the Spanish language (I am currently in a Spanish Class). Would minoring in Spanish be the way to

In today's world it's very helpful, if not essential, to known another language. I want to better myself and be able to interact with more people by expanding my knowledge of the Spanish language and culture. I am unsure if minoring in Spanish would be the best way to help me learn the...

#college-minor #spanish #majors-and-minors #bilingual

Julia A.’s Avatar
Julia A. May 24, 2016 510 views

It is often thought that business growth and environmental growth cannot go hand in hand. However, this is not true, it is just a topic that has been little explored yet. What background would I need to pursue in college to encourage this?

I believe that industry has a whole has the power and minds to start the clean revolution. Creating products that not only don't hurt, but are beneficial to the environment is not easy, and requires a lot of different perspectives. If I want to grow up and start businesses that not only don't...

#non-profit #environment #busines #management #spanish #social #finance

Lindsay G.’s Avatar
Lindsay G. May 19, 2016 630 views

How vast is the overlap between a career as a translator and a career as an interpreter?

At the moment I am studying Spanish Translation & Interpretation in undergraduate school. I adore reading and writing, but I also value the spoken and listening aspect of language as well, and therefore feel that I would be suited professionally not just for translation, but also for...

#spanish-translation #translation #interpretation #translator #translator-studies #spanish #interpreter

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. May 14, 2016 680 views

How does one become an interpreter?

I'm really interested in becoming an interpreter for a company or something like that, I'm just not quite sure what I have to major in to be able to become one. I'm fluent in both Spanish and English and recently I've been learning Korean and Italian. Do I have to take business classes if I...

#interpretation #college #language #spanish #korean

Molly M.’s Avatar
Molly M. Apr 23, 2015 1365 views

What kind of career should I pursue with my different interests?

I am a junior in high school and am struggling to come up with a career path and major for college. I love interacting with, helping, and learning about people, traveling, reading/ writing, and singing. I also have a lot of interest in studying Spanish and some interest in areas like criminal...

#english #interest #travel #career #spanish #social