Career Questions tagged Studyabroad

What is the best way to prepare for studying abroad in Spain for a full semester?

My desire to study abroad stems from wanting to learn the language of Spanish, to travel and see the sights, to re-model myself to see new approaches of lifestyles and to develop and make personal growth with lifetime memories. I might be intimidated to let go of my normal day to day routine as...

#prepare #travel #studyabroad #college #spanish #hospitality #spain

2

Marsella Sanudo’s Avatar Roger Hancock’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 09:52 PM

Posted by Kaylee H.’s Avatar Kaylee H.
Marsella Sanudo’s Avatar
Marsella Sanudo Hi Kaylee,I studied abroad in France, and I am a native ...

Would it be good to study web design in London?

I want to be a web and graphic designer. I’m an American student. Is it a good idea? Or is programming overseas difficult. Also is it difficult for an American student to study in London?#webdesign #london #graphicdesign #international #studyabroad #webdesigner #britain #graphic-design...

#interior-design #computer-software #design #webdevolopment

4

Bonnie Allen’s Avatar Cuong Nguyen’s Avatar Roger Hyde’s Avatar Eli Rodriguez’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 10:08 PM

Posted by Akira M.’s Avatar Akira M.
Bonnie Allen’s Avatar
Bonnie Allen | Assoc. Director Technology Try Udacity; they have Nanodegree programs that will allow you to ...
Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA’s Avatar
Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA | Student/Customer Care Manager | Operations Handywoman | People ... Hi Ayen I studied in London, and it was a great ...

Should one take advantage of Study Abroad programs?

Many claim it's a nice experience to have, however ​is it worth the expenses and traveling a far distance for a long period of time?...

#studyabroad

2

Thiago Do Nascimento Silva’s Avatar Jessica Freilich’s Avatar
Active Oct 16 at 05:23 PM

Posted by jeami C.’s Avatar jeami C.
Thiago Do Nascimento Silva’s Avatar
Thiago Do Nascimento Silva | International Business Development Manager at Site Group International ... Hi Jeami,Study abroad can be a very rewarding and fulfilling experience. ...

What archeology program has the best job placement rate?

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Oct 06 at 07:10 AM

Posted by Katie W.’s Avatar Katie W.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential  It really does not matter what school you attend, as the ...

Do medical schools look favorably upon students who do study abroad?

Does it add something to medical school applications if you've studied abroad? I was considering doing a faculty-led trip, but it wouldn't be necessarily science related, so I'm not sure I could tie it into my application directly, but does it at least show well-roundedness? #studyabroad...

#premed

2

Lillian Wang, LMSW’s Avatar Jessica Freilich’s Avatar
Active Oct 16 at 07:37 PM

Posted by Nisha S.’s Avatar Nisha S.
Lillian Wang, LMSW’s Avatar
Lillian Wang, LMSW | Career Counselor in Higher Education Yes, it absolutely shows well-roundedness! You gain so many skills through ...

Is it worth it to study abroad if you are going to have tough classes that semester?

I want to study abroad but I don't know if I would get a lot out of the experience if I was taking a heavy course load. I know a lot of people take a light course load the semester they are studying abroad....

#studyabroad

1

Amanda Holtz’s Avatar
Active Oct 30 at 01:57 AM

Posted by Hannah W.’s Avatar Hannah W.
Amanda Holtz’s Avatar
Amanda Holtz | Marketing Masters graduate with a passion for Travel, ... Hi Hannah, from my experience it was a good idea to ...

What does studying abroad offer that studying on campus doesn't?

pros/cons? any important information you know on this topic in general? #studyabroad #overseas...

#study

1

Neha Trivedi’s Avatar
Active Aug 09 at 03:25 AM

Posted by Darin D.’s Avatar Darin D.
Neha Trivedi’s Avatar
Neha Trivedi | HR Manager Talent Development at Alight Solutions Great question Darin! In general, studying abroad can be very rewarding ...

What do I have to do and know to study abroad in college next year?

The studying at sea and going to multiple places sounded nice but I would also like to do studying in Australia or Europe. Who do I go to for information at my school? What needs to be done to make it possible? I am going to be a freshmen in college in September and I was thinking of doing...

#information #australia #help #study #studyabroad #college #education #travel

1

Ana Owen’s Avatar
Active Jul 17 at 01:05 AM

Posted by Angelina Y.’s Avatar Angelina Y.
Ana Owen’s Avatar
Ana Owen | improvement through education studying abroad is an amazing experience! Often universities have special councilors ...

How realistic is it to study abroad when pursuing a degree in nursing?

I want to travel the world while studying in college but don't know how the credits transfer....

#studyabroad

1

Kirsten Iverson’s Avatar
Active May 21 at 10:50 PM

Posted by Madison T.’s Avatar Madison T.
Kirsten Iverson’s Avatar
Kirsten Iverson | International Education Hi Madison, it could be more challenging for your degree but it ...

What is best place to Study Abroad for a Physical Therapy major?

I am interested in studying exercise science and physical therapy so I can help people get back to their normal selves but I also want to travel....

#studyabroad

1

Liza Reineri’s Avatar
Active Apr 04 at 04:40 PM

Posted by Kaitlyn B.’s Avatar Kaitlyn B.
Liza Reineri’s Avatar
Liza Reineri | Assurance Associate at PwC Hello - great question! First off, have you spoken to your ...

What is the best way to display my study abroad experience on a resume to make myself more marketable?

I just returned from studying abroad in Sweden and I want to add this to my resume but I'm not exactly sure what a future employer may want to know about my time abroad? For example, should I discuss my different traveling experiences or maybe the different nationalities I had the opportunity...

#sweden #studyabroad

1

Carmen Staiano’s Avatar
Active Jun 06 at 04:58 PM

Posted by James N.’s Avatar James N.
Carmen Staiano’s Avatar
Carmen Staiano | Freelance translator and interpreter Hi James! First of all congratulations for this amazing experience!As regards ...

Is studying abroad worth it?

I've heard great things about study abroad programs, but I'm not sure if doing it is worth the expense and the time....

#studyabroad

2

Marisela Meraz’s Avatar Kathy Goodwin’s Avatar
Active Jun 06 at 05:08 PM

Posted by Victoria S.’s Avatar Victoria S.
Marisela Meraz’s Avatar
Marisela Meraz | Part-Time Receptionist at Hyde Park Neighborhood Club Hi Victoria! What I would suggest to you is to first ...

How did you deal with homesickness while you were living abroad?

The program I've been accepted to for grad school is in a different county from the one I'm living in. I've lived abroad before, but only for a short amount of time. What's it like to live in a new country for over a year? #studyabroad...

#study-abroad

2

Liza Reineri’s Avatar Connor Beardsley’s Avatar
Active Apr 04 at 05:00 PM

Posted by Olivia W.’s Avatar Olivia W.
Liza Reineri’s Avatar
Liza Reineri | Assurance Associate at PwC Hi - first off, congratulations on your acceptance! That sounds like ...

As a Dance Major, would it be better to Study Abroad or to do a paid CO-OP.

In the University I plan on attending a CO-OP is recommended as well as studying abroad. If I had to pick only one as a Dance Major that would help me in being successful in joining a dance company after graduation-what would you suggest? #dance #co-op...

#studyabroad

2

Dallas Martin’s Avatar Samantha Rae’s Avatar
Active Sep 29 at 07:03 AM

Posted by Madison A.’s Avatar Madison A.
Dallas Martin’s Avatar
Dallas Martin | Owner/Director of Devi's Ghawazi and The Jamila Movement Depends on what your personal dance goals are. Some dancers prefer ...

Where are the best places to look for post grad bursaries?

I live in South Africa and am about to graduate with a Bachelor of Design. I want to study a Masters in Service Design abroad because there are no universities in South Africa that offer this. I am desperate to study further but my family just does not have the means to support me for another...

#masters #funding #experiencedesign #postgrad #studyabroad #servicedesign #bursaries #international #fundingopportunities

1

Andrea Alderson’s Avatar
Active Aug 15 at 03:36 AM

Posted by Kristi K.’s Avatar Kristi K.
Andrea Alderson’s Avatar
Andrea Alderson | Sr. Manager CS Ops - Chatbots Hello Kristi - Congratulations on completing your degree. What a wonderful ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)