As a Dance Major, would it be better to Study Abroad or to do a paid CO-OP.

In the University I plan on attending a CO-OP is recommended as well as studying abroad. If I had to pick only one as a Dance Major that would help me in being successful in joining a dance company after graduation-what would you suggest? #dance #co-op #studyabroad

11

Samantha’s Answer

Some people are homebodies and may feel they will not thrive if too far away from home, and there's nothing wrong with that. But, should someone be willing and/or find an experience like studying abroad thrilling and beneficial for them as both dancer and individual, then I say study abroad always. Not only do you learn about the actual culture behind the dance and be able to appreciate the art of it on a whole different and deeper level, but the life skills and cultural knowledge and sensitivity you'll gain to complement your dance skill is a priceless gift to have up your sleeve. Life lessons are after all why we dance in the first place.

1

Gian carlo’s Answer

Let me help you to understand dance from a international point of view!

0

Kyra’s Answer

Hello!

I would think if your true goal is to join company, I would take whatever options gives you the most hours dancing. The most important thing is to be consistent with your training. Espically as you get older, its the time to improve upon your technique and mature as a dancer. Hope you find what best suits you!

-Kyra Sorce

0

Kaniisha’s Answer

It’s really important that you always do what’s best for you! However, deciding between study abroad and a co op program depends entirely on whether you want to stay in the U.S or explore to let’s say Paris. If you were to study abroad you would be in the making of connections that could possibly land you residencies elsewhere. However if you feel that you might not travel outwards than perhaps co op would be a better fit. Ask yourself where do you want to be? Where could you see yourself being? Where are your dreams? Trust yourself in your decision and know that it’s okay not to know.

0

Dallas’s Answer

Depends on what your personal dance goals are. Some dancers prefer a CO-OP and others study hard until they feel it is right. Go with what your heart and finances can comfortably do.

don't give up on your dream no matter what at first people may laugh about your dream but they don't know that your dream is important to you and you don't do the job because it pays a lot of money is it because you love it..don't listen to people who tell you to give up you still have hope to go on through you make your dream come true.. claudfine tumusifu

0