Career Questions tagged Hospitality

Emmanazia’s Avatar
Emmanazia Oct 25, 2022 122 views

What are the pros and cons of becoming a chef?

What are you guy's experiences as chefs or just hospitality in general (get detailly please).

sarah’s Avatar
sarah Oct 20, 2022 123 views

what are some duties, hours, working conditions, salary ranges, and fringe benefits of being a bartender?

I have an idea of what they do because of where I work currently but I would like more information on it.

sarah’s Avatar
sarah Oct 20, 2022 119 views

What are some advantages and opportunities for advancement as a bartender?

I currently work as a host at a place with a bar. The bartenders interest me and I want to decide if i should follow through with it and get more opinions.

Aliciana’s Avatar
Aliciana Oct 17, 2022 133 views

What steps do I have to take in order to become a hospitalist? Do I have to become an RN? What will college look like?

I am a junior. I just want to know how many years will each step take and what are the steps.

Kiondria’s Avatar
Kiondria Sep 27, 2022 314 views

What is the salary of a chef?

How much would a chef salary be working in there own restaurant.

Kiondria’s Avatar
Kiondria Sep 27, 2022 196 views

The careers in hospitality?

What careers can I pursue in hospitality .

Darnell’s Avatar
Darnell Apr 19, 2022 311 views

How far will culinary take me in 10+ years ?

Culinary is a promising career, but I'm on the rocks about how long to stick with this career, even when times are moving ahead. Please leave down your own experiences below, as it will help me get a sense of what to expect.

Zariah’s Avatar
Zariah Dec 14, 2021 321 views

What kind of problems do you deal with as a Chef?

#chef #issues #help #culinary-arts #hospitality
I asked this question because I want to know what I have to look out for when entering the position

Jahlil’s Avatar
Jahlil Nov 09, 2021 302 views

What are the best and worst parts of being a chef?

I want to see the answers to this to see if this is truly 100% worth it for me #chef #cook #cooking #baker #baking #culinary-arts #culinary #hospitality

Jahlil’s Avatar
Jahlil Nov 09, 2021 249 views

What are some important things to know about being a chef?

I'm not extremely well versed in the subject yet and I'm wondering if there's any info I absolutely need to be aware of #chef #cook #cooking #baker #baking #culinary-arts #culinary #hospitality

Jahlil’s Avatar
Jahlil Nov 09, 2021 277 views

What is an average day in the life of a chef look like?

I want to know how what an average schedule for this profession would be. #chef #cook #cooking #baker #baking #culinary-arts #culinary #hospitality

Kevin’s Avatar
Kevin Aug 16, 2021 364 views

How can I find tourism internships in Cape Town?

#internships #tourism #hospitality

Max’s Avatar
Max Feb 23, 2021 534 views

Hi, I work as a hotel concierge and would like advice on change of career using my same skill set. Thank you

I have been working for about 15 years as a 5 star Hotel concierge and really want to come out of hospitality industry and wondering where I could move to using my skill set. I have been pondering over few things but seem lost as to what I can do. Would really be grateful to receive advice,...

John’s Avatar
John Dec 07, 2020 420 views

What are some good universities in Canada?

Hello, my friend and I have been thinking about going to Canada after we graduate from high school. For international students, what are some good universities in Canada that offer good medical and business courses? #nursing-school #high-school #business #Canada #University #College #Business...

Anastasia’s Avatar
Anastasia Oct 21, 2019 511 views

What drove you to become a cook/chef?

#culinary # #culinary-arts #chef #cooking #hospitality

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan Sep 06, 2019 767 views

What is the most difficult part of your job

What is the most difficult part of being a chef #chef #cooking #culinary #culinary-arts #hospitality

kihmo’s Avatar
kihmo Aug 27, 2019 435 views

What are the most complicated obstacles in the bartending business?

#bartending #hospitality

kihmo’s Avatar
kihmo Aug 27, 2019 335 views

What skills do bartenders need to have on their first day of work?

I love interacting with others and having a good time. I am very good with calculating money on the spot. #hospitality #bartending #job #money

Alexia’s Avatar
Alexia Aug 16, 2019 501 views

As a head chef, how much will I make in this vocation?

#chef #culinary-arts #culinary #cooking #hospitality
(Admin note: CV Staff had edited this question just for clarity)

tionna’s Avatar
tionna May 21, 2019 355 views

what is it like being a chef?

I used to work at popeyes, auntie annes, mcdonalds, i was in the kitchen a little preparing food.
#customer service #hospitality #business

Karlee’s Avatar
Karlee Mar 25, 2019 924 views

What are the best and worst risks of owning a food truck?

I'm a sophomore who has the dream of opening a business in the culinary but I want to know how much work and sacrifice will go into such a thing. I have the skills in cooking, marketing, and money management so what else will help me prepare for such a large scale passion project?...

Kaylee’s Avatar
Kaylee Oct 17, 2018 664 views

What is the best way to prepare for studying abroad in Spain for a full semester?

My desire to study abroad stems from wanting to learn the language of Spanish, to travel and see the sights, to re-model myself to see new approaches of lifestyles and to develop and make personal growth with lifetime memories. I might be intimidated to let go of my normal day to day routine as...

Julia’s Avatar
Julia Mar 25, 2018 4222 views

Are there jobs in the Hospitality Management field that don't require working weekends?

I have worked in the Hospitality field for many years. However, the majority of my time worked has taken place on the weekends. I know that I want to have a family, and I don't want to be working on weekends. #family #hospitality #hospitality-management #undecided #need-this-scholarship #broke...

Dayne’s Avatar
Dayne Feb 06, 2018 795 views

What career would suite my interests?

Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and have completed many courses, traveled and worked a few jobs. I now want to start studying towards a #degree but I have no idea what degree field to study. To get a degree in South Africa is expensive so I want to make the right choice. My interests...

Chloe’s Avatar
Chloe Jan 18, 2018 512 views

Business and Hospitality career path?

I want to be a restaurant manager after graduating from college. Will a Business Administration major with an emphasis in Hospitality management qualify me for this? I am taking accounting classes, economics, business finance, etc related courses. What other career options are there for this...

Jasmine’s Avatar
Jasmine Jan 03, 2018 782 views

How much does it pay to have a job in hospitality or tourism?

I'm asking because I'm interested in learning more about that workforce #hospitality #tourism #travel #career

Jada ’s Avatar
Jada Aug 31, 2017 804 views

What's the most important skill to have to become an entrepreneur?

It's challenging to become an entrepreneur, especially during this time period. I know for me it won't be easy, but I'm very determined to do whatever it takes to become my own boss. Although, there might be people above me still, its something that I think could really go well with being a...

kenia’s Avatar
kenia Mar 08, 2017 847 views

what are the requirements for a chef?

just curious wondering what they have to do #chef #cooking #culinary #culinary-arts #hospitality #food #restaurants #requirements-analysis

Travis’s Avatar
Travis Feb 08, 2017 776 views

In which types of environments can someone get a job as a chef?

I want to be a chef. What are the types of workplaces that will hire a chef? #hospitality #personal-chef

Travis’s Avatar
Travis Feb 08, 2017 1000 views

What do chefs wear to work?

I want to be a chef someday! #culinary-arts #hospitality #hospitality-management #culinary-management #restaurant-management