Career Questions tagged Hospitality

Max N.’s Avatar
Max N. Feb 23 25 views

Hi, I work as a hotel concierge and would like advice on change of career using my same skill set. Thank you

I have been working for about 15 years as a 5 star Hotel concierge and really want to come out of hospitality industry and wondering where I could move to using my skill set. I have been pondering over few things but seem lost as to what I can do. Would really be grateful to receive advice,...

#concierge #hospitality

John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 07, 2020 100 views

What are some good universities in Canada?

Hello, my friend and I have been thinking about going to Canada after we graduate from high school. For international students, what are some good universities in Canada that offer good medical and business courses? #nursing-school #high-school #business #canada #university #college #business...

#doctor #hospitality #finances

Anastasia G.’s Avatar
Anastasia G. Oct 21, 2019 174 views
Ryan P.’s Avatar
Ryan P. Sep 06, 2019 213 views
kihmo U.’s Avatar
kihmo U. Aug 27, 2019 137 views

What skills do bartenders need to have on their first day of work?

I love interacting with others and having a good time. I am very good with calculating money on the spot. #hospitality #bartending #job...

#money

Alexia C.’s Avatar
Alexia C. Aug 16, 2019 163 views
tionna B.’s Avatar
tionna B. May 21, 2019 159 views

what is it like being a chef?

I used to work at popeyes, auntie annes, mcdonalds, i was in the kitchen a little preparing food. #customer service #hospitality...

#business

Karlee K.’s Avatar
Karlee K. Mar 25, 2019 320 views

What are the best and worst risks of owning a food truck?

I'm a sophomore who has the dream of opening a business in the culinary but I want to know how much work and sacrifice will go into such a thing. I have the skills in cooking, marketing, and money management so what else will help me prepare for such a large scale passion project?...

#entrepreneurship #restaurants #food-trucks #restaurant-management #cooking #hospitality

Kaylee H.’s Avatar
Kaylee H. Oct 17, 2018 408 views

What is the best way to prepare for studying abroad in Spain for a full semester?

My desire to study abroad stems from wanting to learn the language of Spanish, to travel and see the sights, to re-model myself to see new approaches of lifestyles and to develop and make personal growth with lifetime memories. I might be intimidated to let go of my normal day to day routine as...

#travel #studyabroad #spanish #college #prepare #hospitality #spain

Julia S.’s Avatar
Julia S. Mar 25, 2018 1323 views

Are there jobs in the Hospitality Management field that don't require working weekends?

I have worked in the Hospitality field for many years. However, the majority of my time worked has taken place on the weekends. I know that I want to have a family, and I don't want to be working on weekends. #family #hospitality #hospitality-management #undecided #need-this-scholarship #broke...

#independently-funding-my-education #help

Dayne V.’s Avatar
Dayne V. Feb 06, 2018 422 views

What career would suite my interests?

Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and have completed many courses, traveled and worked a few jobs. I now want to start studying towards a #degree but I have no idea what degree field to study. To get a degree in South Africa is expensive so I want to make the right choice. My interests...

#environment #business #psychology #hospitality #food #interests #travel #prospects #career

Chloe S.’s Avatar
Chloe S. Jan 18, 2018 286 views

Business and Hospitality career path?

I want to be a restaurant manager after graduating from college. Will a Business Administration major with an emphasis in Hospitality management qualify me for this? I am taking accounting classes, economics, business finance, etc related courses. What other career options are there for this...

#business #business-management #hospitality

Jasmine E.’s Avatar
Jasmine E. Jan 03, 2018 465 views

How much does it pay to have a job in hospitality or tourism?

I'm asking because I'm interested in learning more about that workforce #hospitality #tourism #travel...

#career

Shravani N.’s Avatar
Shravani N. May 02, 2016 744 views

How many years does it take to become a doctor?

I'm interested in learning more about the process for becoming a doctor. #doctor #professor #medicine #hospital-and-health-care...

#hospitality

Jada  S.’s Avatar
Jada S. Aug 31, 2017 535 views

What's the most important skill to have to become an entrepreneur?

It's challenging to become an entrepreneur, especially during this time period. I know for me it won't be easy, but I'm very determined to do whatever it takes to become my own boss. Although, there might be people above me still, its something that I think could really go well with being a...

#entrepreneurship #business-management #hospitality

Shannon T.’s Avatar
Shannon T. May 18, 2016 735 views

What is the average salary for one pursuing a Master's Degree in Hospitality Management?

I am a high school senior and I plan to pursue a Master's Degree in Hospitality Management at Stephen F. Austin State University. I would like to know this question to decide if it is a stable field and that I can support a family in the future with. #management #hospitality #hotel-management...

#financial-planning

kenia S.’s Avatar
kenia S. Mar 08, 2017 559 views
Travis T.’s Avatar
Travis T. Feb 08, 2017 565 views

In which types of environments can someone get a job as a chef?

I want to be a chef. What are the types of workplaces that will hire a chef? #hospitality...

#personal-chef

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017 1077 views

What type of events are the hardest to plan and why?

I am a junior in high school, and I have been thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering which types of events would be the best to plan and what are the most challenging ones and why? #hospitality #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner...

#meeting-planner #event

Tyler W.’s Avatar
Tyler W. Dec 21, 2016 741 views

Hotel Industry

I have many business endeavors I want to partake on. However my bumber one goal is getting into the hotel/motel industry. I want to own a chain of motels possibly and then move on to hotels. Im 22, college freshman. Any advice on how to make this dream a reality? What steps can I take?...

#management #business #hotels #entrepreneurship #business-development #economics #hospitality #project-management

Joana R.’s Avatar
Joana R. Nov 09, 2016 470 views

Where can I get a bachelors degree in Hospitality and Tourism?

I want a career that involves traveling around the world. What are the best schools here in the U.S that has a bachelors degree on this? #hospitality...

#toruism

Hamid W.’s Avatar
Hamid W. Oct 18, 2016 551 views

What does the hospitality sector consist of and is a good place to work in?

I am a junior in high school. I am looking to apply to colleges next summer and just wanted to get a heads up to see what I was aiming for. #college #college-major #university #college-majors...

#hospitality

Liz G.’s Avatar
Liz G. May 24, 2016 601 views

How do you go about finding a summer internship?

I have just finished my sophomore year at the College of Charleston and was not sure how to go about finding a summer internship before I headed back home to New York. I'm a double major in Business Administration and Hospitality and Tourism so at my college there is a list server for Tourism...

#tourism #business #new-york #college-jobs #internships #openings #hospitality

Allison N.’s Avatar
Allison N. May 24, 2016 894 views

Is majoring in business management the biggest mistake I could make?

My plan right now it to be an event planner, but I and straying from majoring in hospitality because my dream school doesn't offer that major. Though I have the hopes of possibly opening my own venue one day, is it a huge mistake to major in business management? #business #management...

#event-planning #hospitality

yael R.’s Avatar
yael R. May 04, 2016 738 views
Ethan B.’s Avatar
Ethan B. May 03, 2016 646 views

How do you compare one hotel against another hotel?

I'm interested in this question because one day, my dream would be to own my own hotel. Thank you. #hospitality #hotels #hospitality-management...

#hospitality-industry