Career Questions tagged Chef

Rebecca R.’s Avatar
Rebecca R. Jul 06, 2018 267 views
Cristina R.’s Avatar
Cristina R. Jan 16, 2018 253 views

How do you make the best peanut butter cake?

I love peanut butter cake and am trying to become a #chef #pastry-chef...

#chefs

jawan K.’s Avatar
jawan K. Jun 25, 2018 218 views

I am a high school student looking into becoming a chef but i have problems in school any advice

Me and school don't really get along but i really want to become a chef and also i'm not sure about college. #cooking...

#chef

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 251 views

What education is needed to become a chef?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #chef...

#cooking #culinary #food-service

Neftalique C.’s Avatar
Neftalique C. Feb 15, 2012 1701 views

Should I be a chef of my own establishment or work my way up?

Would it be better to open my own restaurant and be an executive chef of start as a line chef and work my way up? #chef #cooking #culinary...

#restaurant

carlo P.’s Avatar
carlo P. Feb 27, 2018 210 views

do i need to go to a 4 year college first before going the a culinary school?

just wondering about the requirements for applying for a culinary school #chef #culinaryschool...

Jenero G.’s Avatar
Jenero G. Jan 22, 2018 185 views

I've decided that I wanted to have a career in culinary arts, but where are good schools that have negotiable student fees?

I want to go to culinary school, but I don't know any culinary schools near my hometown of El Sobrante, CA that really cater/that my family can work around concerning fees, are there any schools like so? #culinaryschool #culinaryarts #gastronomy #connections #school #culinarycareer #future...

#food #chef #knowledge #iwannabeachef #iwannalearn

carlo P.’s Avatar
carlo P. Jan 22, 2018 382 views

how do you start a restaurant even though your still young?

i'm 11th grade student in high school. i'm interested in making food especially fine dining food. I've been developing my techniques at home but lately i haven't been working. since high school is about to end but i'm still not sure what to do after that to connect to the career i'm trying to...

#food #culinary #chef #restaurant

Paola G.’s Avatar
Paola G. Jan 10, 2018 230 views

How hard is it to be living with a profession of a chef?

I am a junior. I have a passion for food so I would like to know how that profession would actually work and support me in my life. #food-and-beverages #chef...

#food

Eliah J.’s Avatar
Eliah J. Feb 08, 2017 386 views

Where is the best place to go to college for being a pastry chef?

I want to become a pastry chef but I don't know where to go to college I would love your advice. #chef #pastry-chef #culinary #culinary-skills #culinary-management #culinary-arts...

#cooking-and-baking

Quantrel E.’s Avatar
Quantrel E. May 06, 2016 408 views
kendrick R.’s Avatar
kendrick R. Aug 30, 2017 339 views

What are the best school to go to college for culinary arts?

What can I master to be the top chef? How fast do I have to be before it becomes hard for me? #culinary #culinary-skills #culinary-arts...

#chef

Torrey T.’s Avatar
Torrey T. Sep 01, 2017 251 views

Is background knowledge necessary for becoming a chef ?

I am teen who was interested in becoming a chef but i rarely cook and I was wondering will they teach you basic cooking at a college course ? #chef...

#cooking

Warren F.’s Avatar
Warren F. Sep 01, 2017 278 views

What steps should I take to become culinary genius?

I like cooking. HELP ME WITH MY CAREER PLEASE. #culinary...

#chef

Shane C.’s Avatar
Shane C. Sep 01, 2017 270 views

What is the hardest dish to make as a chef?

I am considering being a chef after high school. #chef...

#cullinary

Shane C.’s Avatar
Shane C. Aug 30, 2017 342 views

What was the hardest part for you becoming a chef?

I'm asking because I want to be a chef when I get out of high school. #chef #food...

#cullinary

Deepshika S.’s Avatar
Deepshika S. Jun 23, 2016 685 views
Aram M.’s Avatar
Aram M. May 26, 2016 563 views

I want to pursue a degree in Culinary Arts. What is the average salary of a Culinary Arts Graduate for a first year entry level position?

I really would like to own my own restaurant one day, but I know I need experience. So I am more than willing to start off working for someone else and maybe even a well known high end restaurant. #engineering #management #music #chef #culinary #food #catering...

#financial-planning

Amber G.’s Avatar
Amber G. May 13, 2016 336 views

Is JCCC college is the best for culinary programs?

Since I was 7 I loved being in the kitchen, cooking and baking. #chef #cooking...

#cooking-and-baking

Rebekah H.’s Avatar
Rebekah H. May 19, 2016 488 views

Slower-paced cooking?

I love to cook, and would love to be able to do it for other people. However, I don't like the speed involved in being a chef for a typical restaurant (to get the food to the table of the customer). Is there an alternate career that might fit me better? Maybe a smaller cafe-style restaurant?...

#career-counseling #culinary #chef #restaurants

Jessica L.’s Avatar
Jessica L. May 12, 2016 519 views

How can I become a chef when I'm a vegan?

I've found that almost all culinary schools use meat and dairy products when teaching their students how to cook. Which school can I go to for my lifestyle? #chef #cooking #culinary #culinary-arts #cook...

#veganism

Oscar J.’s Avatar
Oscar J. May 27, 2016 364 views

How prepared should I be for a college like Johnson and Whales?

I'm an aspiring culinary student who would love to be able to attend Johnson and Whales University, but i believe my high school culinary teacher isn't teaching me enough to be prepared for such a fine school. #chef #cooking #culinary #culinary-arts #baking #cooking-and-baking...

#culinary-skills

Quantrel E.’s Avatar
Quantrel E. May 06, 2016 461 views

How do I create a cooking business?

I would like to start my own business. [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #business #entrepreneurship #chef...

#cooking

Jocelyn S.’s Avatar
Jocelyn S. May 12, 2016 341 views

what culinary school should i go to ?

i want to learn how to bake professionally #college #chef #culinary #food...

#baking

Alexis I.’s Avatar
Alexis I. May 25, 2016 624 views

Are culinary careers big right now?

I want to make sure im making a good choice. #career #chef #cooking #culinary #food...

#cooking-and-baking

Robert W.’s Avatar
Robert W. May 18, 2016 447 views

If I'm going for a degree in culinary arts and hospitality, why do I have to take/pay for classes that will not necessarily help nor affect anything with culinary arts?

I want to be a chef and try and innovate the current food industry. My parents own a restaurant and I hope to further their business and bring fresh good quality food to America. Not the processed food widely available today. #colleges #chef #culinary-arts #food #food-service...

#personal-chef