Career Questions tagged Food

Alfred M.’s Avatar
Alfred M. Sep 13

How much do you want to have after making the food

Why i start to cook was because, i love making more things out of it....

#food

Alfred M.’s Avatar
Alfred M. Sep 13

#food

Nimra K.’s Avatar
Nimra K. Jul 03
Dinah B.’s Avatar
Dinah B. Nov 14, 2018

How do you become a nutritionist? What do they do in a day? What are some ways I can prepare and what classes should I take in college?

I am interested in becoming a doctor but I do not feel like I could be a physician. I think a nutritionist is the right career for me but I want to know what their job is like. #medicine #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #nutrition #dietician #food...

Zoe V.’s Avatar
Zoe V. May 09, 2018
kelsey N.’s Avatar
kelsey N. May 11, 2016

Is a lot of travel typically required for food science majors?

I want to know how much of my time will have to be devoted to my job to make a good living off of it. #science #food #biology...

#agriculture

Antonio R.’s Avatar
Antonio R. Jan 16, 2018

How difficult would it be for someone like me to get into a really competitive school?

I have recently been looking into Stanford and it literally looks like the college of my dreams. Great looking campus, low student to faculty, small student body, etc etc. But my question applies because at my high school, I am class rank #1/530ish with a 4.0 unweighted GPA along with a decent...

#weightloss #chemical-engineering #food #college-admissions #admissions #competitive #transformation #stanford #engineering

Dayne V.’s Avatar
Dayne V. Feb 06, 2018

What career would suite my interests?

Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and have completed many courses, traveled and worked a few jobs. I now want to start studying towards a #degree but I have no idea what degree field to study. To get a degree in South Africa is expensive so I want to make the right choice. My interests...

#interests #psychology #hospitality #food #business #environment #career #prospects #travel

Jenero G.’s Avatar
Jenero G. Jan 22, 2018

I've decided that I wanted to have a career in culinary arts, but where are good schools that have negotiable student fees?

I want to go to culinary school, but I don't know any culinary schools near my hometown of El Sobrante, CA that really cater/that my family can work around concerning fees, are there any schools like so? #culinaryschool #culinaryarts #gastronomy #connections #school #culinarycareer #future...

#food #iwannabeachef #iwannalearn #knowledge #chef

carlo P.’s Avatar
carlo P. Jan 22, 2018

how do you start a restaurant even though your still young?

i'm 11th grade student in high school. i'm interested in making food especially fine dining food. I've been developing my techniques at home but lately i haven't been working. since high school is about to end but i'm still not sure what to do after that to connect to the career i'm trying to...

#restaurant #food #chef #culinary

Emma H.’s Avatar
Emma H. Jan 20, 2018

How beneficial are study abroad programs when pursuing a degree in food science?

I'm interested in studying abroad in college, but I would like to know how beneficial these programs are to food science. Is studying abroad more than once helpful too? #food #food-science #science...

#study-abroad

Emma H.’s Avatar
Emma H. Jan 20, 2018

What places can I work after receiving a degree in food science?

I want to pursue a career in food science, but I'm unsure of where I can get internships or jobs related to my field. Would love to know so I can plan my future better! #food #food-science...

#science

Paola G.’s Avatar
Paola G. Jan 10, 2018

How hard is it to be living with a profession of a chef?

I am a junior. I have a passion for food so I would like to know how that profession would actually work and support me in my life. #food-and-beverages #chef...

#food

sophia P.’s Avatar
sophia P. Oct 25, 2017
Jeremy C.’s Avatar
Jeremy C. May 16, 2016

What does it take land a job in a good Food Processing Company in USA?

Hi, I am Jeremy and I really aspire to become a Food Businessman in my home country. Do you think getting to a good acclaimed food science university is enough to land me a job in a good food company or does it require building connections with the managers and others or take an internship job...

#job-search #food-and-beverages #career-counseling #career #food #college

Quantrel E.’s Avatar
Quantrel E. May 06, 2016
kaneez F.’s Avatar
kaneez F. May 06, 2016

In the future, what is the value of Nutrition Studies?

After I complete school I'm choosing studies. #nutrition #career #college #career-counseling...

#food

Shane C.’s Avatar
Shane C. Aug 30, 2017

What was the hardest part for you becoming a chef?

I'm asking because I want to be a chef when I get out of high school. #chef #food...

#cullinary

Aram M.’s Avatar
Aram M. May 26, 2016

I want to pursue a degree in Culinary Arts. What is the average salary of a Culinary Arts Graduate for a first year entry level position?

I really would like to own my own restaurant one day, but I know I need experience. So I am more than willing to start off working for someone else and maybe even a well known high end restaurant. #engineering #management #music #chef #culinary #food #catering...

#financial-planning

Jocelyn S.’s Avatar
Jocelyn S. May 12, 2016

what culinary school should i go to ?

i want to learn how to bake professionally #college #chef #culinary #food...

#baking