Career Questions tagged Food

jade M.’s Avatar
jade M. 2 days ago 28 views

Can chemical engineers work in the food and agriculture industry?

I have read that most chemical engineers work in the oil and gas industry, but I don't really want to work in that industry. My dream is to work in the food and agriculture industry. I would like to create fertilizers or new formulas for food. So can chemical engineers work in this industry or...

#stemcareers #stem #agriculture #chemical-engineer #science #engineer #engineering #food

Rachel C.’s Avatar
Rachel C. Jul 18 61 views

How do you become an established food stylist?

I don't really have an idea as to what type of training a food stylist needs. Do they need to go through culinary school like any other chef? Is there specific licensing or specialized schooling for food styling? #food #stylist #hollywood #films #tvproductions #movies...

#july20

Rachel C.’s Avatar
Rachel C. Jul 18 68 views

What does the typical work day of a food stylist look like?

My friend informed me of this profession a couple of months ago and I've pondered a lot about it because it sounds like a fun and intriguing job. #food #stylist #hollywood #films #tvproductions #movies...

#july20

Rachel C.’s Avatar
Rachel C. Jul 18 67 views

What does a food scientist's typical work day look like?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in the culinary field, but I also want to attend an "academically traditional" college. I found that a handful of schools have food science as a major, so I want to delve more into that particular area of study. #scientist #food...

#july20

Uduak-Abasi E.’s Avatar
Uduak-Abasi E. May 09 127 views

What colleges in Canada to major in MBBS?

I am passionate about #food and #medicine. I am getting a first degree in #food #science and #technology, but i still want to get a professional degree in #medicine and...

#surgery

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 20 427 views

What company is doing remotely work?

I'm a college student and I work in school, even though they don't pay me that good. It enough to buy some snacks and it helps me pay some part of my tuition. Since my University shutdown and we're doing online classes, I can't afford to pay the rest of my fall semester class. I'm looking for...

#food #job #remotely #work #college #student #covid19 #scholarship #help #technology #financial-planning #money #tuition

Marissa K.’s Avatar
Marissa K. Nov 20, 2019 113 views

What is the average salary of a cook

How difficult is it to run a bakery What is the average salary of a cook How long does it take to be a cook...

#food

Alfred M.’s Avatar
Alfred M. Sep 13, 2019 88 views

How much do you want to have after making the food

Why i start to cook was because, i love making more things out of it....

#food

Alfred M.’s Avatar
Alfred M. Sep 13, 2019 65 views

#food

Alexia C.’s Avatar
Alexia C. Aug 16, 2019 181 views
Nimra K.’s Avatar
Nimra K. Jul 03, 2019 191 views
Dinah B.’s Avatar
Dinah B. Nov 14, 2018 286 views

How do you become a nutritionist? What do they do in a day? What are some ways I can prepare and what classes should I take in college?

I am interested in becoming a doctor but I do not feel like I could be a physician. I think a nutritionist is the right career for me but I want to know what their job is like. #medicine #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #nutrition #dietician #food...

Zoe V.’s Avatar
Zoe V. May 09, 2018 269 views
Jayzon T.’s Avatar
Jayzon T. Nov 16, 2017 510 views
kelsey N.’s Avatar
kelsey N. May 11, 2016 691 views

Is a lot of travel typically required for food science majors?

I want to know how much of my time will have to be devoted to my job to make a good living off of it. #science #food #biology...

#agriculture

Antonio R.’s Avatar
Antonio R. Jan 16, 2018 347 views

How difficult would it be for someone like me to get into a really competitive school?

I have recently been looking into Stanford and it literally looks like the college of my dreams. Great looking campus, low student to faculty, small student body, etc etc. But my question applies because at my high school, I am class rank #1/530ish with a 4.0 unweighted GPA along with a decent...

#chemical-engineering #college-admissions #stanford #transformation #admissions #weightloss #engineering #food #competitive

Dayne V.’s Avatar
Dayne V. Feb 06, 2018 366 views

What career would suite my interests?

Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and have completed many courses, traveled and worked a few jobs. I now want to start studying towards a #degree but I have no idea what degree field to study. To get a degree in South Africa is expensive so I want to make the right choice. My interests...

#interests #psychology #prospects #hospitality #environment #travel #career #food #business

Jenero G.’s Avatar
Jenero G. Jan 22, 2018 262 views

I've decided that I wanted to have a career in culinary arts, but where are good schools that have negotiable student fees?

I want to go to culinary school, but I don't know any culinary schools near my hometown of El Sobrante, CA that really cater/that my family can work around concerning fees, are there any schools like so? #culinaryschool #culinaryarts #gastronomy #connections #school #culinarycareer #future...

#iwannabeachef #iwannalearn #knowledge #chef #food

carlo P.’s Avatar
carlo P. Jan 22, 2018 488 views

how do you start a restaurant even though your still young?

i'm 11th grade student in high school. i'm interested in making food especially fine dining food. I've been developing my techniques at home but lately i haven't been working. since high school is about to end but i'm still not sure what to do after that to connect to the career i'm trying to...

#chef #restaurant #culinary #food

Emma H.’s Avatar
Emma H. Jan 20, 2018 504 views

How beneficial are study abroad programs when pursuing a degree in food science?

I'm interested in studying abroad in college, but I would like to know how beneficial these programs are to food science. Is studying abroad more than once helpful too? #food #food-science #science...

#study-abroad

Emma H.’s Avatar
Emma H. Jan 20, 2018 288 views

What places can I work after receiving a degree in food science?

I want to pursue a career in food science, but I'm unsure of where I can get internships or jobs related to my field. Would love to know so I can plan my future better! #food #food-science...

#science

Paola G.’s Avatar
Paola G. Jan 10, 2018 330 views

How hard is it to be living with a profession of a chef?

I am a junior. I have a passion for food so I would like to know how that profession would actually work and support me in my life. #food-and-beverages #chef...

#food