Career Questions tagged Restaurant

What is the typical timeline to becoming a head chef after graduation?

1

Jared Hull’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 07:32 PM

Posted by Bobbie-Lin A.’s Avatar Bobbie-Lin A.
Jared Hull’s Avatar
Jared Hull | Hiring Manager at AT&T Hello Bobbie-Lin A.,It depends on a few factors. My Brother became ...

In order to own a restaurant do I need to earn a degree in hospitality management?

1

Daniel Coronado’s Avatar
Active Sep 25 at 11:54 PM

Posted by Beatriz H.’s Avatar Beatriz H.
Daniel Coronado’s Avatar
Daniel Coronado | Solutions Manager The simple answer is no. But, will a degree lay a ...

What is the best way to prepare for starting your own restaurant?

2

Ken Simmons’s Avatar Fraser K’s Avatar
Active Nov 14 at 05:54 PM

Posted by Rebecca R.’s Avatar Rebecca R.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential There are two suggestions that I can make that will help:Step ...

how do you start a restaurant even though your still young?

i'm 11th grade student in high school. i'm interested in making food especially fine dining food. I've been developing my techniques at home but lately i haven't been working. since high school is about to end but i'm still not sure what to do after that to connect to the career i'm trying to...

#chef #food #restaurant #culinary

1

Matthew L. Tuck, J.D., M.B.A.’s Avatar
Active Apr 01 at 02:18 AM

Posted by carlo P.’s Avatar carlo P.
Matthew L. Tuck, J.D., M.B.A.’s Avatar
Matthew L. Tuck, J.D., M.B.A. | Fractional CEO for Law Firms, Greater Detroit Area Hi Carlo. Great question.I really like to cook too and managed ...

What type of food does the United States prefer

If I were to open a restaurant, what type of restaurant should it be. #culinary #chefs #restaurant...

2

Ben Landis’s Avatar James Belle’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:50 PM

Posted by Alec A.’s Avatar Alec A.
Ben Landis’s Avatar
Ben Landis | Content Marketing Intern at CareerVillage.org Hi Alec, This is an interesting question. I have no experience ...

What are the pros and cons of the restaurant business?

Want to know from those deeply involved in the business. #chef #restaurants #restaurant...

#owners

2

Laura Rose Dailey’s Avatar Emily Novak’s Avatar
Active Nov 26 '17 at 12:09 AM

Posted by Kareem I.’s Avatar Kareem I.
Laura Rose Dailey’s Avatar
Laura Rose Dailey | Farmer & Food Advocate it's really hard. it doesn't stop. vacations are pretty much nonexistent. ...

Is it hard owning a restaurant?

I am thinking of opening and owning a restaurant in San Francisco. I was wondering if it was really hard to open it and run it and be successful. #career...

#restaurant

4

Daniela Silva’s Avatar Maura Pilewicz’s Avatar Laura Rose Dailey’s Avatar Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Aug 29 '17 at 12:08 PM

Posted by Oscar V.’s Avatar Oscar V.
Daniela Silva’s Avatar
Daniela Silva | Educational Writer- New Heights Educational Group Hi Oscar, Tips to Successfully Open a Restaurant in California the ...

In cooking can you focus on one certain type of food?

hi I'm in the 6th grade and like to cook and I would like to know if you can focus on one traditional foods because I know more about one food then others #chef #experts #restaurant...

#cook

1

Daniela Silva’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:10 PM

Posted by Archie C.’s Avatar Archie C.
Daniela Silva’s Avatar
Daniela Silva | Educational Writer- New Heights Educational Group Hi Archie, The best way to get a specialized chef job ...

are there any culinary schools

hi I'm in the 6th grade and I would like to know if there are any colleges that have culinary cooking I really like to cook and would like to do it for college #restaurant...

#cook

1

Daniela Silva’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:10 PM

Posted by Archie C.’s Avatar Archie C.
Daniela Silva’s Avatar
Daniela Silva | Educational Writer- New Heights Educational Group Hi Archie, Here is a list of culinary schools: The Texas ...

How can you become a good cook and get a good degree for cooking?

I'm in the 6th grade and I love to cook and I want to get a good scholar ship so I can have a good future in cooking. How can I get a good scholar ship and have a great future in cooking. #restaurant...

#owner

2

Daniela Silva’s Avatar Laura Rose Dailey’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:09 PM

Posted by Micah Y.’s Avatar Micah Y.
Daniela Silva’s Avatar
Daniela Silva | Educational Writer- New Heights Educational Group Hi Micah, Some qualities that the best chefs have in common ...

How much money can I make if I work at a restaurant?

I think that I want to work during college to make more money. I never worked at a restaurant before but I know that you make most of your money from the tips. So if you work at a restaurant part time while you are doing your college work can you please tell me how much money you think you...

#money #hospitality #college-advice #restaurant

4

Michele Pack FASE RDCS RVT’s Avatar Joe Peterson’s Avatar Laura Jaspers’s Avatar Varun Arora’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:00 PM

Posted by Anthony T.’s Avatar Anthony T.
Michele Pack FASE RDCS RVT’s Avatar
Michele Pack FASE RDCS RVT | Supervisor of Cardiovascular Services I worked my way through college in the food industry. Perfect ...

Is being a restaurant owner and an interior designer possible to do at the same time

Does anyone think it is possible to be a **Restaurant Owner** and **Interior Designer** at the same time? I want to do this but my navy life and my girlfriends mother thinks it is impossible. I need insight on this topic #design #interior...

#restaurant

3

Jared Chung’s Avatar Jonathan Kundrat’s Avatar Joe Peterson’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 06:00 PM

Posted by Ctsavage ’s Avatar Ctsavage .
Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared Chung | Founder at CareerVillage.org Can you? Yes. Is it advisable? Probably not. Being a restaurant ...

Should I be a chef of my own establishment or work my way up?

Would it be better to open my own restaurant and be an executive chef of start as a line chef and work my way up? #chef #cooking #culinary...

#restaurant

2

Conor Myhrvold’s Avatar Sarah Louise’s Avatar
Active Apr 02 at 02:08 AM

Posted by Neftalique C.’s Avatar Neftalique C.
Conor Myhrvold’s Avatar
Conor Myhrvold | Engineering, Program Management It depends on what you wish to do; if your end ...

How do you deal with the pressure in the kitchen with the head chef, without getting angry?

I saw a few culinary tv shows and it was hard to see how the head chef was getting angry and and yelling at the others chefs because a dish was not prepared properly. #chef #cooking...

#restaurant

4

Eli Feldman’s Avatar Jamal J.’s Avatar Paige Crawley’s Avatar Steffi Vaughan’s Avatar
Active Jul 21 '17 at 05:58 PM

Posted by KaceyNFTEFoodFin .’s Avatar KaceyNFTEFoodFin .
Eli Feldman’s Avatar
Eli Feldman | Hospitality and Restaurant Consultant It's not always like it looks on TV but Chef's do ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)