Career Questions tagged Culinary Arts

Zariah S.’s Avatar
Zariah S. Dec 14, 2021 83 views

What kind of problems do you deal with as a Chef?

chef issues help culinary-arts hospitality I asked this question because I want to know what I have to look out for when entering the...

Zariah S.’s Avatar
Zariah S. Dec 14, 2021 72 views

Can culinary arts be a fast pace or take your time environment?

culinary-arts food kitchen cooking I asked this because I am a very take my time medium pace person and I will still get it done in divine timing. I will love to hear you'll feedback or...

Zariah S.’s Avatar
Zariah S. Dec 14, 2021 76 views

What is it like being in culinary arts or a chef in general?

creative cooking culinary-arts culinary chef I asked this because I want to hear you guys experiences. I believe it's creative, fun and learning...

Jahlil T.’s Avatar
Jahlil T. Nov 09, 2021 105 views

What are the best and worst parts of being a chef?

I want to see the answers to this to see if this is truly 100% worth it for me chef cook cooking baker baking culinary-arts culinary...

hospitality

Jahlil T.’s Avatar
Jahlil T. Nov 09, 2021 73 views

What are some important things to know about being a chef?

I'm not extremely well versed in the subject yet and I'm wondering if there's any info I absolutely need to be aware of chef cook cooking baker baking culinary-arts culinary...

hospitality

Jahlil T.’s Avatar
Jahlil T. Nov 09, 2021 101 views

What is an average day in the life of a chef look like?

I want to know how what an average schedule for this profession would be. chef cook cooking baker baking culinary-arts culinary...

hospitality

dominic L.’s Avatar
dominic L. Oct 25, 2021 62 views
Anya B.’s Avatar
Anya B. Sep 13, 2021 146 views

Can I be a food and beverage manager but still get time for myself and others?

I have always loved hospitality and I really want to be a food and beverage manager. My second choice is a pastry chef. In this field, is it possible to work less hours? I just want more information about this field of work. I don't want to miss out on sleep every night or miss important...

management culinary culinary-arts

Tyler S.’s Avatar
Tyler S. Sep 01, 2021 160 views

What are 3 important things that I should know about this kind of career

Hello, i'm planning on going into the culinary arts with my local job corps. My main question is what are 3 important things that I should know about this kind of career? chef cooking...

culinary-arts

joshua S.’s Avatar
joshua S. Aug 31, 2021 147 views

what does it take to be a cook/head chef

im am josh i am trying to go into culnary arts to become a cook so i can cook amazing food to make me and others happy chef cooking...

culinary-arts

Saul C.’s Avatar
Saul C. Aug 18, 2021 223 views

which values are most important in the work area?

I would like to know which values are most necessary in our work area, to know an order and how to apply each of them career culinary-arts...

chef

Roux E.’s Avatar
Roux E. Aug 23, 2021 147 views

What culinary tools would you suggest besides a high quality knife?

I'm currently a Job Corps student and just starting the program. I have worked in a kitchen feeding retired residents for about 4 months prior to this, and have heard conflicting answers to this question. I don't have a knife yet either, although I've heard German or Japanese crafted blades are...

kitchen tools chef culinary-arts jobcorps culinary cooking

Roux E.’s Avatar
Roux E. Aug 18, 2021 201 views

My ultimate goal after advanced training is to work on a cruise ship so I can travel while working. Does anyone have any suggestions for or against working in cruise lines?

I've worked as a cook at a retirement home (cafeteria style cooking) for 4 months so far, and am currently attending the Job Corps Program. travel career culinary-arts...

chef

Saul C.’s Avatar
Saul C. Aug 17, 2021 125 views

What values are most important in the work area?

I would like to obtain information about culinary arts, their way of working, opinions and advice culinary A culinary-arts...

cooking

Asiah J.’s Avatar
Asiah J. Jul 31, 2021 128 views

What is the college process?

I would like to be a chef but I want to know what the college process is like and is it a great enough experience. chef...

culinary-arts

Kyra H.’s Avatar
Kyra H. Jul 28, 2021 117 views

How do I become a great chef? where do I start? where should I look?

I'm homeschooled and I want to become a chef because I like to cook and want others to taste my cooking chef cooking culinary-arts...

culinary

Emily R.’s Avatar
Emily R. Jun 14, 2021 161 views

Looking for someone to answer a few questions I have regarding culinary arts

Hi, My name is Spencer and I am a student at Job Corps and am going for their culinary arts program. One of our assignments is to ask some questions regarding our desired career path. I was hoping someone could answer these few questions for me. 1. What steps would you recommend I take to...

career culinary-arts culinaryarts culinary job