Career Questions tagged Culinary Arts

Anya B.’s Avatar
Anya B. Sep 13 44 views

Can I be a food and beverage manager but still get time for myself and others?

I have always loved hospitality and I really want to be a food and beverage manager. My second choice is a pastry chef. In this field, is it possible to work less hours? I just want more information about this field of work. I don't want to miss out on sleep every night or miss important...

#culinary #management #culinary-arts

Tyler S.’s Avatar
Tyler S. Sep 01 78 views

What are 3 important things that I should know about this kind of career

Hello, i'm planning on going into the culinary arts with my local job corps. My main question is what are 3 important things that I should know about this kind of career? #chef #cooking...

#culinary-arts

joshua S.’s Avatar
joshua S. Aug 31 61 views

what does it take to be a cook/head chef

im am josh i am trying to go into culnary arts to become a cook so i can cook amazing food to make me and others happy #chef #cooking...

#culinary-arts

Saul C.’s Avatar
Saul C. Aug 18 158 views

which values are most important in the work area?

I would like to know which values are most necessary in our work area, to know an order and how to apply each of them #career #culinary-arts...

#chef

Roux E.’s Avatar
Roux E. Aug 23 97 views

What culinary tools would you suggest besides a high quality knife?

I'm currently a Job Corps student and just starting the program. I have worked in a kitchen feeding retired residents for about 4 months prior to this, and have heard conflicting answers to this question. I don't have a knife yet either, although I've heard German or Japanese crafted blades are...

#kitchen #jobcorps #cooking #culinary-arts #culinary #chef #tools

Roux E.’s Avatar
Roux E. Aug 18 131 views

My ultimate goal after advanced training is to work on a cruise ship so I can travel while working. Does anyone have any suggestions for or against working in cruise lines?

I've worked as a cook at a retirement home (cafeteria style cooking) for 4 months so far, and am currently attending the Job Corps Program. #travel #career #culinary-arts...

#chef

Saul C.’s Avatar
Saul C. Aug 17 60 views

What values are most important in the work area?

I would like to obtain information about culinary arts, their way of working, opinions and advice #culinary A #culinary-arts...

#cooking

Asiah J.’s Avatar
Asiah J. Jul 31 78 views

What is the college process?

I would like to be a chef but I want to know what the college process is like and is it a great enough experience. #chef...

#culinary-arts

Kyra H.’s Avatar
Kyra H. Jul 28 79 views

How do I become a great chef? where do I start? where should I look?

I'm homeschooled and I want to become a chef because I like to cook and want others to taste my cooking #chef #cooking #culinary-arts...

#culinary

Emily R.’s Avatar
Emily R. Jun 14 104 views

Looking for someone to answer a few questions I have regarding culinary arts

Hi, My name is Spencer and I am a student at Job Corps and am going for their culinary arts program. One of our assignments is to ask some questions regarding our desired career path. I was hoping someone could answer these few questions for me. 1. What steps would you recommend I take to...

#career #culinaryarts #culinary-arts #culinary #job

Taryn H.’s Avatar
Taryn H. Jan 28 306 views

What is the daily routine for a pastry chef?

I don’t know much about pastry chefs and I am wondering what pastry chefs do in their daily routine #pastry-chef #chef #culinary-arts...

#restaurant

Taryn H.’s Avatar
Taryn H. Jan 28 135 views

How do you become a pastry chef?

Along with my interest in baking I am curious about being a pastry chef and wondered how does someone become a pastry chef #chef #pastry-chef...

#culinary-arts

madison M.’s Avatar
madison M. Nov 13, 2020 176 views

what are the best ideas to start when im at college

what is the best tips for college, finding different colleges can be hard but helpful. but i thought maybe college can be useful with tips to start your day off with when you first go into that college it is going to be hard working and tough but a work of art #art #college #experience...

#culinary-arts

Jyssica J.’s Avatar
Jyssica J. May 28, 2020 659 views

I aspire to become a pastry chef and to own a bakery, what are tips for starting and running a successful business?

I am twenty-three years of age and I have a had a burning passion to enter the culinary world ever since I was a child. Owning my own business is one of my dreams after getting some more hands on experience. What would be some good advice/tips to running a successful bakery? #business #chef...

#culinary #cooking #baking #pastery #culinary-arts #entrepreneur

Brayden U.’s Avatar
Brayden U. Apr 24, 2020 198 views

What effects had COVID-19 had on chefs?

I am a sophomore I'm high school that is looking into becoming a chef and with what is going on in the world right now I would want some insight on what effects it would have on me if I do decide to choose this career pathway. #chef #cooking #culinary...

#culinary-arts

Brayden U.’s Avatar
Brayden U. Apr 24, 2020 196 views

What does a day in being a chef look like?

I am a sophomore in High school that is continuing to expand his knowledge on becoming a Chef. Having insight in what a day in their life looks like would benefit me in knowing what I should be expecting if I do choose this career pathway. #chef #cooking #culinary-arts...

#culinary

Brayden U.’s Avatar
Brayden U. Apr 23, 2020 186 views

What is required to be come a chef?

I am a sophomore in high school that is looking into possible future careers that fit me. Cooking food has always been an option so I now need to look more into it and get some personal feedback from some chefs. #chef #cooking...

#culinary-arts