Career Questions tagged Experience

During high school, should I continue volunteering or get a job?

I am currently in high school and am an aspiring psychiatrist. Although there is a long way to go, I want to be as prepared as possible. I am aware that the cost of college and medical school is quite hefty and would like to tend to that as proactively as I can. However, is having money to pay...

#medicine #job #college #experience #volunteer

7

Karen Kitchel’s Avatar Toral Patel’s Avatar Judeanne Armenti’s Avatar Grant Morgan’s Avatar +3
Active Nov 27 at 09:49 PM

Posted by Mariya T.’s Avatar Mariya T.
Karen Kitchel’s Avatar
Karen Kitchel | Community Volunteer Sounds like you are already volunteering (good for you) and continuing ...

Is it more beneficial to have unpaid internships and more of a variety of experience or paid work with strong connections, but not as much of a variety of experience??

I'm hoping to make my future applications to veterinary school as strong as possible and I'm wondering if paid work is given more consideration even if it isn't necessarily as varied as having multiple unpaid internships in a range of sub-fields. # #internship #volunteer #college #vet-school...

#application #veterinary-school #veterinarian #experience #resume

2

Ken Simmons’s Avatar Karen Kitchel’s Avatar
Active Oct 07 at 01:17 PM

Posted by Kathryn C.’s Avatar Kathryn C.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential Consult my answer to another of you questions. Developing a clear ...
Serge V. Vaval, M.P.A.’s Avatar
Serge V. Vaval, M.P.A. | Career Advisor Hi Jocelyn, I think that's a fantastic idea. I did the ...

Is transferring colleges a hard thing to do?

Not sure if I feel at home at my school #school...

#experience

1

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Active Nov 15 at 08:53 PM

Posted by Madison H.’s Avatar Madison H.
Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared Chung | Founder at CareerVillage.org No, it's not really terribly hard, but there are some pros ...

What steps should I take now (as a Senior) to go into Vet-School?

I'm a high school senior and I want to go into Veterinary School. #purdue #high-school #experience...

0

Active Aug 26 at 03:35 PM

Posted by Jose M.’s Avatar Jose M.

What is the best process for applying to college

High school senior. Ready to apply for college. #experience...

#high-school

1

Benjamin Adewale’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 08:45 PM

Posted by Aaron O.’s Avatar Aaron O.
Benjamin Adewale’s Avatar
Benjamin Adewale | Tax Associate at PwC The first step to take is to first search for school ...
Nick Nordstrom’s Avatar
Nick Nordstrom | Customer Service Supervisor To get into most schools no you don't. However, as someone ...

What should I expect my first week of college?

Is the first week as overwhelming as many say it is?...

#experience

0

Active Aug 22 at 04:11 AM

Posted by Raylee B.’s Avatar Raylee B.

What are the Pros & Cons to transferring from one university to another?

0

Active Aug 20 at 01:03 AM

Posted by Nasario D.’s Avatar Nasario D.

Is it a bad idea to wait until after college to get my first "real" job?

Other than working a bit with my parents on their retail business and running a few small chess camps, I have no work experience and little income coming in. Will that hurt me in the long run when finding a job after college? #firstjob #career...

#experience

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Aug 17 at 01:27 PM

Posted by Joseph Z.’s Avatar Joseph Z.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential Any work experience that you have gained, as early as possible, ...

Is it safe to take gap years for internships

Most people drop out to pursue a job opportunity, but I would prefer not to go down that path however is it recommended to go through with a presented job/internship or to continue with school until the very end? #career...

#experience

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Aug 13 at 10:44 AM

Posted by Ajani B.’s Avatar Ajani B.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential Each individual situation is different, but the best way for you ...

How hard is it to be Pharmacist?

I am attending college in less than a month and I'm majoring in Pharmacy. Is it hard? Is there any advice for me inorder for me to succeed. #chemistry #pharmacy #pharmacist #pharmacists #pharmaceuticals...

#experience

3

Allison Hollins’s Avatar Michael Trocchia PE, CPIM’s Avatar James Chafin, Jr.’s Avatar
Active Aug 14 at 01:18 AM

Posted by Steven A.’s Avatar Steven A.
Allison Hollins’s Avatar
Allison Hollins | Experienced Pharmacy Manager/Outpatient/Customer Service Specialist/Immunizer Hi Steven,Pharmacy is a great field. It pays well, gives you ...

I am a shy person, however, people don't believe me. How do I get people to actually understand my frustrations and challenges of being a shy individual?

#experience I have a very hard time when it comes to talking to adults, specifically when in school and classroom...

0

Active Aug 07 at 07:18 PM

Posted by Randi M.’s Avatar Randi M.

what is the most imporant thing to consider when trying to become an educational leader?

I would like to know what things there are that i should consider the most about trying to educationally lead kids or troubled teens in the right direction without giving off the vibe that i don't understand what these kids are going through or have gone through whether it been in school or...

#business #career #lesson-planning #guidance #experience #questions

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Jul 14 at 01:03 PM

Posted by kassie R.’s Avatar kassie R.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential Congratulations on being interested in finding the right career to follow. ...

How much do internships pay?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#internship #pay #work #internships #experience

1

Riyanna Coleman’s Avatar
Active Jun 20 at 07:13 PM

Posted by Alexandra C.’s Avatar Alexandra C.
Riyanna Coleman’s Avatar
Riyanna Coleman Great question.Sometimes internships pay, sometimes they do not. Obviously, paying internships ...

What are some of the best majors for students looking to attend medical school?

I know science majors are the most common, but what are some others that would be considered successful #psychology #experience #school #undergrad #med-school...

#medical-field

2

Danielle Joanette-Kluck’s Avatar Linda Ann Robinson, Ph.D.’s Avatar
Active Jun 17 at 11:42 AM

Posted by Karlie W.’s Avatar Karlie W.
Danielle Joanette-Kluck’s Avatar
Danielle Joanette-Kluck | Events Planner|Trainer|Advisor|Recruiter Colleges have general pre-med course requirements to make sure you get ...

Is there still age discrimination in the workforce?

I have read that for people over 50 it is hard to find a job. What are the chances of me finding a good job after graduation based on my age? #discrimination, #experiencevsyouth #experience #workforce...

#environment

1

Mr. Ernst Constant III’s Avatar
Active Nov 18 at 12:11 AM

Posted by Claudette L.’s Avatar Claudette L.
Mr. Ernst Constant III’s Avatar
Mr. Ernst Constant III | Either fall or grow! Hi Claudette,<h1>I can tell you from what I have seen from ...

If an opportunity came up for me to leave college early and be a professional in the field I want, should I take it or stay in school?

I am hoping to establish lots of connections in the field, and maybe even have an offer. If it is a good one, should I stay in school or leave and take it? #experience #school...

#job

1

Austin L.’s Avatar
Active May 23 at 02:01 PM

Posted by Ryan W.’s Avatar Ryan W.
Austin L.’s Avatar
Austin L. | PwC Experienced Associate, Advisory Hi Ryan, Interesting question. If you have an official job offer ...
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential The answer really lies within yourself and is determined by which ...

What kind of experience are photography magazines looking for?

I know what I want to do specifically but I am not sure what I will need for my future after college and beyond a degree. Are there any characteristics that business's are looking for? Do I need to have multiple connections in order to get a foot in the door? #futurejob #experience #nationalgeo...

#photography #art #photojournalism

1

David Wuerth’s Avatar
Active Jul 31 at 06:48 PM

Posted by Ciara G.’s Avatar Ciara G.
David Wuerth’s Avatar
David Wuerth | Freelance Photojournalist/ Sports Photographer Hello Ciara,It would seem you are referring to editorial photography where ...

What are the perks and the most common problems of internship?

College education is enriching but it lacks some concrete aspects of how a certain #job actually takes places on a daily basis. Usually, nowadays, when applying from a job, it is better considered if you have already had an #experience in the field. #internship, therefore, cannot be overlooked....

3

Whitney Vincenti’s Avatar Deb Mccomas’s Avatar Deb Mccomas’s Avatar
Active Apr 20 at 09:25 PM

Posted by Damien C.’s Avatar Damien C.
Whitney Vincenti’s Avatar
Whitney Vincenti | Admissions Representative at South College Hi Damien! As you said, internships are a great way to ...

I am on the 12th grade and I should expect when working in a clinic as an orthodontist?

I plan on going to the medical field this one in particular and I don’t have any experience on it. I am a friendly person, I enjoy talking and listening to people, reading etc . #orthodontist #experience #clinic #doctor #medicine...

#orthodontics

0

Active Jul 30 at 03:28 AM

Posted by Denia P.’s Avatar Denia P.
Suman Kalanithi’s Avatar
Suman Kalanithi | Neurologist Hi Allie great question. What high school, college, or even medical ...

Honestly, what is college like?

What is a typical college day like? What do you do? I have some friends who love their college experience and others hate it. I want a holistic but honest idea of college. I am looking forward to it but I just want to know. Everyone's experience is different but I'd still like to know....

#college #college-advice #experience

2

Austin L.’s Avatar Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Apr 02 at 11:42 PM

Posted by Samantha M.’s Avatar Samantha M.
Austin L.’s Avatar
Austin L. | PwC Experienced Associate, Advisory College is well...a million different adjectives. The college experience really varies ...

Should I go to a more expensive, prestigious school for the experience and opportunities, or take a more affordable route so that I will have less financial burden in the future?

I got accepted to UCLA, however, I am wondering if it is worthwhile to attend UCLA if it means that I will create more debt for myself in the future. I want the diversity, club organizations, experience, and research opportunities that it offers (I am an Undeclared- Life Sciences major at the...

#college-advice #college-selection #undeclared #choosing-a-college #ucla #experience #affordablility #college

1

Chau Mai’s Avatar
Active May 11 at 12:55 AM

Posted by Seneca R.’s Avatar Seneca R.
Chau Mai’s Avatar
Chau Mai | Marketing Program Manager for Google Cloud Hi Seneca,First off, congrats on your acceptance into UCLA! I'm a ...

what are some good strengths and experiences i may need or want to be a physical therapist?

i have some good qualities for this job but im not very patient, which you should definitely have to be a physical therapist. #physical-therapy #physical-therapist #strengthsandweaknesses...

#experience

2

Brendon Larsen, PTA’s Avatar Ashish Malhotra’s Avatar
Active Mar 24 at 04:43 AM

Posted by kayla K.’s Avatar kayla K.
Brendon Larsen, PTA’s Avatar
Brendon Larsen, PTA | Physical Therapist Assistant & Academic Mentor For someone in high school, (I assume you're in high school) ...

What is something that a lot of college alumni have about not in your college years?

I would like to read off of everyone's experiences in #college because I do not want to miss out on anything in college and regret it later. Since you only get the college experience once, so I want to make the best out of it. #experience...

#career

2

Marissa Monaco’s Avatar Sheryl Gunn’s Avatar
Active Aug 06 at 02:13 PM

Posted by Faith B.’s Avatar Faith B.
Marissa Monaco’s Avatar
Marissa Monaco | Enterprise Customer Success Manager @ Okta Hi Faith - I think the most important thing is to ...
David Briggs’s Avatar
David Briggs | Research Associate at CLASSRoad In writing your application's personal essay remember: "Don't meet the requirements, ...

Should I be afraid if I don't get a part-time job/internship sometime within my university career?

Experience needed...

#experience

2

Victoria German’s Avatar Victoria German’s Avatar
Active Jan 29 at 01:31 PM

Posted by Tiffany K.’s Avatar Tiffany K.
Victoria German’s Avatar
Victoria German | Sr. Mgr. Ntwrk Security & HSO Member Hi Tiffany, This is a great question. I think it is ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)