Career Questions tagged Resume Writing

Madisyn M.’s Avatar
Madisyn M. Sep 11 88 views
Jose L.’s Avatar
Jose L. Aug 30 73 views

what should i include when filling out a resume?

what things/subjects should i put into my resume to insure that i get the spot of employment/stand out from everybody else that has applied for the position #job-application #job-search...

#resume-writing

Karen W.’s Avatar
Karen W. May 16, 2018 255 views

What are the key elements to include in a well executed resume?

I am heading into my senior year of college and I am beginning to look for teaching jobs in the state. I want a very well composed and impressive essay to give future employers! #resume #resume-writing #teaching...

#interviews

Jenna K.’s Avatar
Jenna K. May 13, 2018 330 views

Is making a resume important to get ready for college?

In my Personal, Career, and Development Skills class, I was required to make a resume even though I am not applying for a job. I was wondering, is it important to have a resume to apply for college in the future? #resume #college #preparing-for-college #resume-writing...

#career-development

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 04, 2018 268 views

What are some of the extracurrciulars I should have on my resume for competitive schools and medical schools?

I'm kind of confused on which extracurriculars to join that will make my resume look good for competitive schools and medical schools in general. Are there any specific must-haves I should have like NHS? What are some of the extra ones that will also look good? #extracurriculars...

#student-clubs #resume-writing #resume-building

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Mar 31, 2018 289 views

How to write cover letter?

I am planning to apply for a summer intern in Non-governmental organisation(NGO). However, they usually would not post recruitment notice. So how should I start in the opening of the cover letter? #ngos #cover-letters ##job-offer #human-resources #summer-internship #summer-jobs...

#resume #resume-writing #resume-building

Hannah C.’s Avatar
Hannah C. Mar 06, 2018 283 views

What level of involvement do employers look for on resumes?

I am involved with a club that I will be taking a leadership role after my first year of involvement, but I feel like I need to be joining more clubs. How many different things should I be involved with to get hired?...

#resume-writing

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 311 views

What are some key positions or skills that would look good on a resume for business development/marketing internships?

I was wondering if things like language certificates, volunteer positions at smaller companies/charity organizations would look good, or anything else, for positions in business development or marketing/PR. Marketing would include brand consulting, communications/PR, consulting, etc....

#marketing #public-relations #brandconsulting #resume-writing #branding #resumebuilding #internships

Yabrina C.’s Avatar
Yabrina C. Jan 24, 2018 290 views

Certifications For Business?

I'm asking about certificates because I'm interested in working in the non profit field, and I know that in any field of business, certificates to go along with degrees look good on a resume. #women-in-business #business #certification...

#resume-writing

Avery C.’s Avatar
Avery C. Jan 21, 2018 223 views

What is a small thing that would make someone stand out to a potential employer?

I know that employers like to see people with lots of experience and plenty to fill their resume, but what is something that they would look for that most people wouldn't think of? #jobs #job-search #resume...

#resume-writing

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Jan 18, 2018 357 views

What makes a good job candidate?

As someone going into the work field and a little brother who's going to as well I want to know the basic requirements for a good job candidate so that I might be able to help him and myself. #job-search-strategies #career-counseling #career #job-search #resume-writing...

#interviews

Laurel T.’s Avatar
Laurel T. Jan 18, 2018 316 views

What past jobs should you show on a resume?

#resume-writing I am applying for a pharmacy position and I was wondering if I should include all job experiences such as a fast-food position in high school or only those that relate to the job I'm applying for in my resume. #pharmaceuticals...

#job-search

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 314 views

What should you include in your resume if you're a student with little experience/ skills?

Looking to develop a resume that is effective and stands out, but I'm a high school student without much experience or skills. Are there any things you can include that someone reviewing your resume would find useful to know? Does the fact that I volunteer as a teacher assistant or that I'm...

#interviews #interview #writing #evaluating-resumes #resumes #interviewing #interview-preparation #resume #experience #resume-writing #interviewing-skills

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 680 views

How do you write an outstanding, effective cover letter?

Applying for an internship and was asked to submit a cover letter. What is it and how can you write an effective one? Would really appreciate some examples or guidance. #job #job-search #resume #resume-writing #cover-letters #evaluating-resumes #skills #job-skills #interviewing-skills #career...

#apply #applying #internship #intern #career-planning #career-path #applicant #internships #upcomingintern

Annalisa G.’s Avatar
Annalisa G. Jan 15, 2018 271 views

what should i put on my resume as a first time job seeker?

I'm starting to look for jobs, but I don't know what employers want to see from me, given I have not held a career before. #jobs #resume...

#resume-writing

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 08, 2017 365 views

Does having experience outside of your preferred career field do anything to you?

I do not have a lot of experience (job or otherwise) in the field that I am currently pursuing, however I do have experience in areas such as working in a museum, teaching and working in the arts (glass blowing, painting, sewing..). Is there anyway to incorporate those skills in the...

#environmental-science #experience #art #museums #resume-writing

Vera L.’s Avatar
Vera L. Oct 19, 2016 665 views

How do I write a resume?

What does it take to compose a resume? Which skills are relevant? What does the company want to see from me? What if I have no experience? #communications #resume #resume-writing #public-speaking #interviewing-skills #communication-skills #job-application...

#personal-development

Adriana L.’s Avatar
Adriana L. Feb 04, 2017 548 views

How should I prepare myself for a first job? How do I organize my resume, if I'm a minor, preparing to apply for my first job?

As of a month ago, I officially turned 16, which has given me a broader base of jobs to go after and apply for. I'd like to start applying for jobs, and hopefully, work a steady job before I turn 17, so I can develop my resume history and work-place skills. But all the jobs near me require...

#personal-development #resume-writing #beginner #recruitment #teenagers #job-application #job-search

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Jul 19, 2016 762 views

How do I select what to put on my resumé?

I understand that it often depends on where it is being distributed. However, I seem to have too much pertinent information to fit on a single page. In general, is it better to include diverse aspects of your being, or focalize around that field in which you are interested? #resume...

#resume-writing #job-application #college-applications

Kira N.’s Avatar
Kira N. Jul 19, 2016 897 views

How do you write a decent cover letter?

I need to build my resume and make it complete and professional. #resume #resume-writing #cover-letters...

#job-application

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Aug 06, 2016 770 views

Do you have any tips for writing good resumes and cover letters?

I am starting to look for internships for the near future and many if not all require a resume and cover letter. I am just looking for some tips to improve my cover letter and resume. #resume #resume-writing...

#job-application

Anush Reddy N.’s Avatar
Anush Reddy N. Sep 13, 2016 633 views

How powerful is LinkedIn ?

What is the role of LinkedIn in getting a job in US, are resumes given equal importance as LinkedIn. Which one is better ? #research #human-resources #resume #recruiting #resume-writing #linkedin...

#job-application

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Dec 02, 2016 538 views

How do you recommend to build your resume?

I am a sophomore accounting major and want to build my resume and LinkedIn profile. Do you have any tips or things to include in a resume? Additionally, do you have any ways to go about getting some of these positions? #business #accounting #internships #resume-writing #evaluating-resumes...

#job-application #executive

Rj J.’s Avatar
Rj J. Dec 11, 2016 572 views

What's the best way to make your resume stand out on top of your peers?

Hi I'm a student at Westwood High School which is ranked 48 for academics out of all the high schools in the country. This means we have lots of competition amongst our peers. I'm currently trying to build a resume that won't only look better than my peers but also grab the attention of good...

#college #volunteering #resume-writing #college-advice #job-application

Katelyn Y.’s Avatar
Katelyn Y. Jan 26, 2017 903 views

Do resumes need to be one page?

Hi, I'm attempting to become an "officer" in a club at my college and they want to see a resume. My boyfriend is a part of this club and he told me that my resume needs to be one page, that jobs only want to see one page anyways. Is this true? The job application my father helped me make it...

#resume #evaluating-resumes #resume-writing #resumes #job-application

James S.’s Avatar
James S. Jan 27, 2017 582 views

In building my resume, what characteristics are most important?

Just want to know if I should be focusing on research, internships, volunteer opportunities or certifications? #career #career-counseling #career-choice #resume #recruiting #resume-writing #recruitment...

#job-application

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 22, 2017 518 views

When applying for entry level jobs while still in college/ recent graduate, do employers care about GPA?

I work really hard and have a 4.0 GPA in college as a full time student, some kids that I talk to say that GPA doesn't matter in the real world. I am asking a professional, does a high GPA show for an excellent work ethic and intelligence? #management #resume #interviews #college-jobs #hiring...

#employment #first-job #job-application #resume-writing

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 17, 2017 927 views

Do employers like reading Functional or Chronological resumes more?

Does the type of resume you have work better for different industries? I have a functional resume that I use in the financial services industry and a chronological resume that I use for non-profits is my method fine? #jobs #financial-services #resume-writing #nonprofits...

#job-application

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Mar 20, 2017 432 views

How to write education in resume?

If i attend summer school or training in college, should i write it? I am second-year undergraduate. #resume-writing...

#job-application