Career Questions tagged Resume Writing

Precious J.’s Avatar
Precious J. May 31 161 views

What makes a resume impressive in your field (Nursing)?

To have a professional experiences, skills , knowledge or accomplishments.

Freddie J.’s Avatar
Freddie J. May 31 188 views

Can you put community service on your resume or even college application?

I have about 50+ hours of community service and I was wondering if I can use it for resumes and even college applications. Does it count as extracurricular activities or does it entirely depend on the project that I was working on. I was reading question about this and I remembered that I...

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 18 270 views

I just got an offer! How do I tailor my resume?

I just got an offer from a recruiter yesterday. She asked me to send my resume to her email since I want to have an internship to explore the different industries. The recruiter offered me free training in web development. Although, my resume has no experience related to the "web development"...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 11, 2020 349 views

Can I spice things up graphically on my resume to make it easier to grasp the concepts?

Or should I stick to text-only? Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [42:20] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 05, 2020 392 views

How to stand out with lack of experience for my prospective field?

It’s the medical field and emphasizes a lot of hands-on experience but I’m unable to get any because of COVID. Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours...

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27, 2020 617 views

How to make an resume ATS friendly?

I recently submitted my resume to Indeed.com, unfortunately my information did not transfer correctly. I believe the format of my resume is at fault here. What are some great tips to remind when making a resume? What are some great resources or websites that help create a resume that is ATS-...

Harnoor S.’s Avatar
Harnoor S. Apr 03, 2020 528 views

What kinds of things should be on my resume to be a Chemical Laboratory technician ?

#chemical-engineering #resume #job-application #resume-writing

Madisyn M.’s Avatar
Madisyn M. Sep 11, 2019 789 views

How to make your resume/CV stand out?

#resume #job-application #resume-writing

Jose L.’s Avatar
Jose L. Aug 30, 2019 483 views

what should i include when filling out a resume?

what things/subjects should i put into my resume to insure that i get the spot of employment/stand out from everybody else that has applied for the position #job-application #job-search #resume-writing

Karen W.’s Avatar
Karen W. May 16, 2018 530 views

What are the key elements to include in a well executed resume?

I am heading into my senior year of college and I am beginning to look for teaching jobs in the state. I want a very well composed and impressive essay to give future employers! #resume #resume-writing #teaching #interviews

Jenna K.’s Avatar
Jenna K. May 13, 2018 705 views

Is making a resume important to get ready for college?

In my Personal, Career, and Development Skills class, I was required to make a resume even though I am not applying for a job. I was wondering, is it important to have a resume to apply for college in the future? #resume #college #preparing-for-college #resume-writing #career-development

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 04, 2018 607 views

What are some of the extracurrciulars I should have on my resume for competitive schools and medical schools?

I'm kind of confused on which extracurriculars to join that will make my resume look good for competitive schools and medical schools in general. Are there any specific must-haves I should have like NHS? What are some of the extra ones that will also look good? #extracurriculars...

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Mar 31, 2018 860 views

How to write cover letter?

I am planning to apply for a summer intern in Non-governmental organisation(NGO). However, they usually would not post recruitment notice. So how should I start in the opening of the cover letter? #ngos #cover-letters ##job-offer #human-resources #summer-internship #summer-jobs...

Hannah C.’s Avatar
Hannah C. Mar 06, 2018 672 views

What level of involvement do employers look for on resumes?

I am involved with a club that I will be taking a leadership role after my first year of involvement, but I feel like I need to be joining more clubs. How many different things should I be involved with to get hired? #resume-writing

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 659 views

What are some key positions or skills that would look good on a resume for business development/marketing internships?

I was wondering if things like language certificates, volunteer positions at smaller companies/charity organizations would look good, or anything else, for positions in business development or marketing/PR. Marketing would include brand consulting, communications/PR, consulting, etc....

Yabrina C.’s Avatar
Yabrina C. Jan 24, 2018 710 views

Certifications For Business?

I'm asking about certificates because I'm interested in working in the non profit field, and I know that in any field of business, certificates to go along with degrees look good on a resume.
#women-in-business #business #certification #resume-writing

Avery C.’s Avatar
Avery C. Jan 21, 2018 618 views

What is a small thing that would make someone stand out to a potential employer?

I know that employers like to see people with lots of experience and plenty to fill their resume, but what is something that they would look for that most people wouldn't think of?
#jobs #job-search #resume #resume-writing

Laurel T.’s Avatar
Laurel T. Jan 18, 2018 571 views

What past jobs should you show on a resume?

#resume-writing I am applying for a pharmacy position and I was wondering if I should include all job experiences such as a fast-food position in high school or only those that relate to the job I'm applying for in my resume. #pharmaceuticals #job-search

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Jan 18, 2018 736 views

What makes a good job candidate?

As someone going into the work field and a little brother who's going to as well I want to know the basic requirements for a good job candidate so that I might be able to help him and myself. #job-search-strategies #career-counseling #career #job-search #resume-writing #interviews

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 1009 views

What should you include in your resume if you're a student with little experience/ skills?

Looking to develop a resume that is effective and stands out, but I'm a high school student without much experience or skills. Are there any things you can include that someone reviewing your resume would find useful to know? Does the fact that I volunteer as a teacher assistant or that I'm...

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 10526 views

How do you write an outstanding, effective cover letter?

Applying for an internship and was asked to submit a cover letter. What is it and how can you write an effective one? Would really appreciate some examples or guidance. #job #job-search #resume #resume-writing #cover-letters #evaluating-resumes #skills #job-skills #interviewing-skills #career...

Annalisa G.’s Avatar
Annalisa G. Jan 15, 2018 4633 views

what should i put on my resume as a first time job seeker?

I'm starting to look for jobs, but I don't know what employers want to see from me, given I have not held a career before.

#jobs #resume #resume-writing

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 08, 2017 696 views

Does having experience outside of your preferred career field do anything to you?

I do not have a lot of experience (job or otherwise) in the field that I am currently pursuing, however I do have experience in areas such as working in a museum, teaching and working in the arts (glass blowing, painting, sewing..). Is there anyway to incorporate those skills in the...

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Dec 01, 2017 700 views

I just finished my first International Business Marketing internship, how do I put the work I have done on my resume?

Just finished first internship. #marketing #international-business #resume #resume-writing #internships

Brenda S.’s Avatar
Brenda S. Apr 30, 2017 1280 views

Is there a cut-off for relevant information on resumes on Linked In, or should you include everything?

**For everyone who doesn’t have a LinkedIn and is reading this, I’d advise you to make one right now! It helps a lot, and even just making one and adding new things to it helps so much! LinkedIn is getting increasingly more popular with both employers and job-seekers. My university highly...

Wanita J.’s Avatar
Wanita J. Apr 19, 2017 1261 views

In terms of building a resume, what are effective ways to keep it concise?

I heard about the "six second rule" but it's difficult to shorten my resume without feeling like I'm leaving out vital information. #job-search #resume #interviews #resume-writing #job-application

Kristen K.’s Avatar
Kristen K. Apr 12, 2017 1308 views

If I were to add CareerVillage to my resume under volunteer work, what would I say?

Is it acceptable to add CareerVillage to my resume? If so, how exactly would I describe the job? #resume #resume-writing #job-application

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Mar 20, 2017 674 views

How to write education in resume?

If i attend summer school or training in college, should i write it? I am second-year undergraduate. #resume-writing #job-application

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Mar 20, 2017 674 views

How many years does my information in resume?

I am not clear how to write my CV. #resume-writing

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 17, 2017 1314 views

Do employers like reading Functional or Chronological resumes more?

Does the type of resume you have work better for different industries? I have a functional resume that I use in the financial services industry and a chronological resume that I use for non-profits is my method fine? #jobs #financial-services #resume-writing #nonprofits #job-application