Career Questions tagged Resume Building

Zi'ez’s Avatar
Zi'ez Nov 28 73 views

Resume assistance

what community services should i have on my resume for it can have a good review.

Daniela’s Avatar
Daniela Nov 28 67 views

Tips on resume for forensic medicine?

What are some tips to add to my resume for a forensic medicine job.

Michael’s Avatar
Michael Nov 17 188 views

Who and when should I send my resume and cover letter to if the job doesn't have a website or page?

jobs, locations preferably for game designers

Michael’s Avatar
Michael Nov 17 157 views

Who and when should I send my resume and cover letter to?

Briannah’s Avatar
Briannah Nov 17 183 views

Who should I send my resume and cover letter to??

Jobs? Locations? Businesses?

Moises’s Avatar
Moises Oct 26 121 views

What should be on a resume?

I want to make a resume to have it ready to use but I'm not too sure of what to put on it.

Alexander’s Avatar
Alexander Oct 25 140 views

Info on resume?

What would anyone say is the most important thing to put in a resume and how did anyone come to writing the resume that got you the job that you have.

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Nov 03, 2020 451 views

How do I better highlight my marketing experience on my resume?

There were always marketing aspects in my past several jobs. Now I want to apply to marketing-focused jobs. The job description asks for 5 years of relevant marketing experience. The 5 years of experience I have are not consistent, and my job title does not sound marketing related. How do I...

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Nov 03, 2020 331 views

Is a functional style resume taken seriously?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [43:00] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Nov 03, 2020 274 views

If a qualified job reference AKA working certificate is required to be handed in with your resume, and it's sub-par, how would you deal with that situation?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [41:10] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Nov 03, 2020 357 views

Is it okay to be more artistic/creative with your resume if you're applying for a more creative job?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [39:48] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Nov 03, 2020 502 views

How to incorporate significant volunteer experiences into the resume?

I'm transitioning from education to community impact. Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [38:45] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related...

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Nov 03, 2020 414 views

How can I address gaps in my knowledge or knowledge that deviates from my field when applying to a job?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [37:50] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Nov 03, 2020 338 views

How do I focus on a hybrid resume of marketing, creative, culture, and data when I'm changing industries?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [36:25] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Nov 03, 2020 387 views

How can I pinpoint transferrable skills from an old job to a new job in a new industry domain?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [34:47] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Nov 03, 2020 322 views

How do you come up with outcomes and numbers when you don't have the stats?

This is in reference to including specific details on performance or accomplishments when writing a resume. Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [35:27] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours...

Inaara’s Avatar
Inaara May 31, 2018 1098 views

What are some ways to enhance one's resume to make it stand out amongst others?

#recruiting #resume-building #career-development

Emily’s Avatar
Emily May 09, 2018 386 views

Would I be better off taking a student teaching position over the summer, or babysitting and continuing my other not school major related job for an Elementary Education Major?

I applied for a student teaching summer position with the local school district, when a former employer offered me a position to Baby sit their 3 children over the summer. I will be entering my Junior Year in College, and while I would like to get some good experiences on my resume, the...

Benjamin’s Avatar
Benjamin May 05, 2018 485 views

Are there any resume items which would make my college application really stand out?

I am active in community service, extracurricular and leadership activities, as well as clubs, sports, and band. Are there any other things I could do to improve my visibility when applying for college? #college-admissions #university-applications #resume-building

MaryAnn’s Avatar
MaryAnn Apr 17, 2018 645 views

What can a medical student do to boost their chances of landing a job straight out of college?

I'm studying to become a Nurse Practitioner and I was wondering what employers like to see on resumes of newly graduated students. Are there any classes or skills that would give me an added edge in the job market? #college #nurse-practitioner #new-job #resume #resume-building #career-advice...

Trinity’s Avatar
Trinity Apr 12, 2018 459 views

What do most businesses look for on resumes?

When I interview for a job, I want my resume to be very good so I could be better considered for the position in the future.
#resume-building

Hanan’s Avatar
Hanan Apr 06, 2018 526 views

What should I do in the summer?

For someone aiming for medicine, what are some things that I should do in the summer to make sure I am using my time wisely?

#summer-programs #resume-building #medicine #summer-jobs #internships

Hanan’s Avatar
Hanan Apr 04, 2018 666 views

What are some of the extracurrciulars I should have on my resume for competitive schools and medical schools?

I'm kind of confused on which extracurriculars to join that will make my resume look good for competitive schools and medical schools in general. Are there any specific must-haves I should have like NHS? What are some of the extra ones that will also look good? #extracurriculars...

Hanan’s Avatar
Hanan Apr 03, 2018 487 views

What will set my resume apart from everyone else for medical school?

I really want my resume to be the "OMG check this one out!" type resume. However, I don't really know what that entails, I know that you need things like good grades, high SAT scores, and etc. but is there anything else that people usually don't have that sets them apart? #medicine #medschool...

Hanan’s Avatar
Hanan Apr 02, 2018 591 views

What do I need to do to ensure that my resume is one of the best out there?

I asked a high school senior at my school the other day to show me her resume because she's one of the best students at my school. She hesitated but ended up showing it to me, and I was absolutely shocked. She had almost 5 pages of numerous clubs, programs, organizations, awards, and other...

Lok Yin’s Avatar
Lok Yin Mar 31, 2018 1170 views

How to write cover letter?

I am planning to apply for a summer intern in Non-governmental organisation(NGO). However, they usually would not post recruitment notice. So how should I start in the opening of the cover letter? #ngos #cover-letters ##job-offer #human-resources #summer-internship #summer-jobs...

Alicia’s Avatar
Alicia Mar 18, 2018 526 views

How do you build your resume in college?

Building a resume is important in college. What kind of activities are employers looking for? #resume-building

Sarah’s Avatar
Sarah Mar 16, 2018 645 views

What is the equivalent to internships in the education field?

Everyone talks about getting internships, but for someone who wants to become a teacher, what are good summer opportunities to improve a resume? #education #teaching #internships #summer-jobs

Jakob’s Avatar
Jakob Mar 14, 2018 579 views

Do internships really help me in finding a job?

I would like to know if internships looks good on my resume and will help me in finding a job. #internships #resume-building

Kevin’s Avatar
Kevin Jan 23, 2018 540 views

What's the biggest thing you've ever been apart of?

To me it seems like everyone is involved in some national merit organization or club like NJHS or even Eagle scouts and I'm just curious what else people are into and ways I can join. #national-honor-society #national-junior-honor-society #society #Life #Eagle-scouts #resume-building