Career Questions tagged Resume Building

Kevin W.’s Avatar
Kevin W. Jan 23, 2018 240 views

What's the biggest thing you've ever been apart of?

To me it seems like everyone is involved in some national merit organization or club like NJHS or even Eagle scouts and I'm just curious what else people are into and ways I can join. #national-honor-society #national-junior-honor-society #society #life #eagle-scouts...

#resume-building

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 06, 2018 199 views

What should I do in the summer?

For someone aiming for medicine, what are some things that I should do in the summer to make sure I am using my time wisely? #summer-programs #resume-building #medicine #summer-jobs...

#internships

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. May 09, 2018 173 views

Would I be better off taking a student teaching position over the summer, or babysitting and continuing my other not school major related job for an Elementary Education Major?

I applied for a student teaching summer position with the local school district, when a former employer offered me a position to Baby sit their 3 children over the summer. I will be entering my Junior Year in College, and while I would like to get some good experiences on my resume, the...

#elementary-education #resume-building #education

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. May 09, 2018 155 views

#elementary-education #resume-building

Benjamin C.’s Avatar
Benjamin C. May 05, 2018 183 views

Are there any resume items which would make my college application really stand out?

I am active in community service, extracurricular and leadership activities, as well as clubs, sports, and band. Are there any other things I could do to improve my visibility when applying for college? #college-admissions #university-applications...

#resume-building

MaryAnn A.’s Avatar
MaryAnn A. Apr 17, 2018 263 views

What can a medical student do to boost their chances of landing a job straight out of college?

I'm studying to become a Nurse Practitioner and I was wondering what employers like to see on resumes of newly graduated students. Are there any classes or skills that would give me an added edge in the job market? #college #nurse-practitioner #new-job #resume #resume-building #career-advice...

#nursing #employers #medical-school

Trinity T.’s Avatar
Trinity T. Apr 12, 2018 148 views

What do most businesses look for on resumes?

When I interview for a job, I want my resume to be very good so I could be better considered for the position in the future....

#resume-building

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 04, 2018 260 views

What are some of the extracurrciulars I should have on my resume for competitive schools and medical schools?

I'm kind of confused on which extracurriculars to join that will make my resume look good for competitive schools and medical schools in general. Are there any specific must-haves I should have like NHS? What are some of the extra ones that will also look good? #extracurriculars...

#student-clubs #resume-writing #resume-building

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 218 views

What will set my resume apart from everyone else for medical school?

I really want my resume to be the "OMG check this one out!" type resume. However, I don't really know what that entails, I know that you need things like good grades, high SAT scores, and etc. but is there anything else that people usually don't have that sets them apart? #medical #medschool...

#resume-building

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 02, 2018 260 views

What do I need to do to ensure that my resume is one of the best out there?

I asked a high school senior at my school the other day to show me her resume because she's one of the best students at my school. She hesitated but ended up showing it to me, and I was absolutely shocked. She had almost 5 pages of numerous clubs, programs, organizations, awards, and other...

#medicine #highschoolhelp #resume-building

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Mar 31, 2018 279 views

How to write cover letter?

I am planning to apply for a summer intern in Non-governmental organisation(NGO). However, they usually would not post recruitment notice. So how should I start in the opening of the cover letter? #ngos #cover-letters ##job-offer #human-resources #summer-internship #summer-jobs...

#resume #resume-writing #resume-building

Alicia B.’s Avatar
Alicia B. Mar 18, 2018 198 views

How do you build your resume in college?

Building a resume is important in college. What kind of activities are employers looking for?...

#resume-building

Jakob G.’s Avatar
Jakob G. Mar 14, 2018 208 views

Do internships really help me in finding a job?

I would like to know if internships looks good on my resume and will help me in finding a job. #internships...

#resume-building

Alejandro A.’s Avatar
Alejandro A. Jan 17, 2018 238 views

What is the best thing you can have on your resume for an architectural engineering internship?

Getting an internship is one of my goals after college and I just want to know what are one of the best things to have on your resume. #engineering #architecture #architectural-engineer #resume-building #resume #internships...

#career-goals

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018 261 views

What are the best things for your resume?

After college, getting a job can be very competitive. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? What are ways to boost your resume? What are employers, especially in business, looking to see? #business #resume #resume-building #evaluating-resumes #job-search-strategies #job-market...

#job-skills #employment

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 02, 2017 299 views

What sorts of activities could I be involved in outside of University and Internships that would improve my resume?

I know that there are a range of options that are supposed to be available to students at university in order to help them begin to get involved in their field of choice, however, I have had a hard time finding internships, research or work through my university. What are some other options...

#internships #resume #resume-building #university