Career questions tagged resume-building

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Bonnie214 views

How do you get a job at 14, with no prior experience?

I am a 14 year old 8th grader in Montana, so its legal for me to apply for a job. I've done some volunteer work around my town, but I really don't know where I'd even start with getting a job.(Where I should apply, how to get hired etc.) I'm fine with working anywhere, and to be honest I am just trying to do this for the money.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Avery603 views

What should I consider doing in high-school to prepare myself for an architectural major?

Additionally, what should I look for in a college program, and what should I learn/add to my portfolio to prepare myself for applying? I am a junior in high-school who’s taken many AP classes and challenges myself outside of school.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Savannah568 views

How do I create a resume?

How do I create a resume that I will submit on a job application?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sam444 views

How long should my resume be?

How many pages, what info

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Amelia389 views

How can I build a solid resume for social media with no formal experience, what should I emphasize?

I'm trying to apply online for these positions, but I feel like my resumé is generic and could cater better to what I'm looking for. What should I emphasize?

answer icon11 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kai221 views

Writing a Resume

How do you make a good resume as a high school student with no experience?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Majo243 views

What area regarding internship should I look for if I want to be a international tax accountant/consultant?

What do I have to do to also built my resume so I look attractive to the companies I will be applying to.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Belinda319 views

How do you put yourself out there when applying for jobs and internships?

How do you overcome the fear of applying to jobs and internships that you feel you are unqualified for? I am sometimes discouraged by the lengthy "Prior Experience" and "Required Skills" sections listed on job postings, but I've also heard advice to apply to these positions even if you don't meet the requirements.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
lily274 views

How do I make a resume so i can get employed?

I'm really nervous to graduate and go out and find a real job. I honestly don't even know where to start. I know to apply for a job you usually need a resume but im still not exactly sure what they are?? or exactly what to put on them??

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kelsey303 views

How do I complete a resume?

What is the right format to complete a resume? How do I give my resume to jobs I want ?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jason232 views

How do I create my first resume?

What are things that are required for a resume, things that you do and don't do, specific layouts, and if there are any templates that I can follow or use as a guide when creating a resume?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sabrina282 views

What are the most important parts of a resume?

I know I have to build a resume in order to properly apply for jobs, but everytime I ask for advice from people they tell me I should already know. I feel like I need to know what is really important, because when I look at examples online, they're often fancy and filled with too much information.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Imani366 views

How do I make my first resume?

I have never had a job so I don't have any experience to make a resume.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fernando274 views

In your resume you can have all your experience that you have on your GPA and also can have skills and languages etc. in your resume it can say all good things about you.?

In your resume you can have all your experience that you have on your GPA and also can have skills and languages etc. in your resume it can say all good things about you.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Elizabeth309 views

How do you make your resume to look more professional ?

I am making a professional resume but it doesn't look that professional and I don't know how to fix that.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nusrat369 views

How do we create a resume that stands out from other resumes

Tips on what to include if have no prior experience Tips for students applying for internships and job What do interviewers look for in a resume Key details

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kelvin477 views

Resume Question

What is the most VITAL thing that should be on my resume and why is it important?

answer icon19 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fatima573 views

Questions regarding a career in finance/accounting and resume

What are some skills students looking to pursue investment banking should practice and learn? What are some skills/topics students pursuing finance and accounting should learn about? Are there resources or books or anything else where I can learn concepts in finance and accounting and even more specific topics such as studying for the CPA exam? common topics in the CPA exam? book recommendations to study for the exam? books for corporate finance and investment banking? What is some advice for preparing for interviews for internships? How can students network? When is a good time to start preparing for the CPA exam? What makes a good resume stand out? Are there any courses that are recommended to practice skills both soft and hard skills? When is it best to start applying to jobs? My major is finance and I am looking to pursue investment banking. But I am also interested in accounting. Do you have any recommendations for professional development? Are there any key events or networking events that college students may find helpful?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Zi'ez282 views

Resume assistance

what community services should i have on my resume for it can have a good review.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daniela404 views

Tips on resume for forensic medicine?

What are some tips to add to my resume for a forensic medicine job.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adonis458 views

What file type should I use for my online resume and how many pages should it be?

I have been wondering about these two questions for a while and would like professional answers, thank you kindly.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Michael624 views

Who and when should I send my resume and cover letter to if the job doesn't have a website or page?

jobs, locations preferably for game designers

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Michael580 views

Who and when should I send my resume and cover letter to?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Briannah727 views

Who should I send my resume and cover letter to??

Jobs? Locations? Businesses?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Moises370 views

What should be on a resume?

I want to make a resume to have it ready to use but I'm not too sure of what to put on it.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexander426 views

Info on resume?

What would anyone say is the most important thing to put in a resume and how did anyone come to writing the resume that got you the job that you have.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours659 views

How do I better highlight my marketing experience on my resume?

There were always marketing aspects in my past several jobs. Now I want to apply to marketing-focused jobs. The job description asks for 5 years of relevant marketing experience. The 5 years of experience I have are not consistent, and my job title does not sound marketing related. How do I better highlight my marketing experience in this situation? Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [44:01] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume writing. If you answer this question, we will reach out to the students who attended this office hours session to inform them of your response, and all students on CareerVillage will benefit. If you would be interested in hosting an office hours session on a particular topic, please reach out to our staff! #resume #job-experience #marketing #resume-building #job-applications

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours516 views

Is a functional style resume taken seriously?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [43:00] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume writing. If you answer this question, we will reach out to the students who attended this office hours session to inform them of your response, and all students on CareerVillage will benefit. If you would be interested in hosting an office hours session on a particular topic, please reach out to our staff! #resume #resume-building #job-applications

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours445 views

If a qualified job reference AKA working certificate is required to be handed in with your resume, and it's sub-par, how would you deal with that situation?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [41:10] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume writing. If you answer this question, we will reach out to the students who attended this office hours session to inform them of your response, and all students on CareerVillage will benefit. If you would be interested in hosting an office hours session on a particular topic, please reach out to our staff! #resume #resume-building #job-applications #work-certificate #references

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours559 views

Is it okay to be more artistic/creative with your resume if you're applying for a more creative job?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [39:48] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume writing. If you answer this question, we will reach out to the students who attended this office hours session to inform them of your response, and all students on CareerVillage will benefit. If you would be interested in hosting an office hours session on a particular topic, please reach out to our staff! #resume #resume-building #job-applications #creative

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon