Career Questions tagged Job Applications

Betsy G.’s Avatar
Betsy G. Jul 21, 2016 712 views

When writing a resume, how do you write about your weaknesses in such a way that will make you more likely to be hired?

Being a tenth grader in high school, I am required to work community service hours. In order to do this I must get a job as a volunteer or intern somewhere. In order to apply for certain positions a resume is required to be submitted. I would like to know how to write one to the best of my...

#college #volunteering #job-application #job-applications

Leah A.’s Avatar
Leah A. Feb 11, 2017 1318 views

How easy is it to get a minimum wage job?

I've been considering how much someone would struggle when they get out of college with experience but not quite the right kind. Is experience what matters? I understanf that everyone "starts at the bottom" but how have much time will that take to even get a job straight out of college? I tried...

#job-applications #post #grad #first-job

Sydney R.’s Avatar
Sydney R. Jun 21, 2016 524 views

When is the optimal time to apply for a summer job?

I'm wondering if there's still enough time for me to apply for a job this summer. I have to go back to college in September, so I'd only have July and August to work. Is that enough time to get hired, be trained and hold a job? #jobs #work #hiring #employment #summer-jobs #part-time...

#employee-training #job-applications

Jerry L.’s Avatar
Jerry L. Jun 20, 2016 1722 views

Does "experience" always mean "professional experience"?

I see a lot of job/internship listings that require the applicant to have experiences in fields that suggest he may not necessarily need professional experience (a past position). For example, some social media internships require the candidate to have "social media experience: 1+ years". Would...

#social-media #job-applications #qualifying-prospects

Kathleen A.’s Avatar
Kathleen A. May 17, 2016 740 views

What is the best way to stand out amongst other applicants?

When applying to internships and jobs, what are the best and most important ways to make yourself stand out from the pool of applicants? #internships #job-search #resume...

#job-applications

Kathleen A.’s Avatar
Kathleen A. May 17, 2016 843 views

How important is your GPA when applying for jobs?

Do employers who have a lot of applicants narrow down their search by looking at GPA? #job-search #resume #gpa #job-applications...

#competition

Maggie C.’s Avatar
Maggie C. May 12, 2016 939 views

What is the difference in having volunteer work or paid job experience - besides the factor of money - in applying for a non-temporary job/career-related job?

I am debating whether to volunteer frequently, which would be easier to do over the summer before I go off to school, or to apply for jobs in my area, which I will have to quit before I leave. #career #resume #volunteering #college-jobs #employment #volunteer...

#job-applications