Career Questions tagged Interview

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29 74 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#research #interview #college #grad-school #phd #doctorate #graduate #graduate-school #application #psychology

Destinee J.’s Avatar
Destinee J. Apr 30 114 views
Robert Q.’s Avatar
Robert Q. Mar 29 110 views

Interview Q&A for Customer Success Management Role

1. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. 2. How do you manage your time? 3.How did you handle an angry customer and what was the outcome? 4. Tools you use to measure success, and process to generate your reports? 5. How do you fight churn? These are popular CSM...

#interview #career #work #job #customersuccessmanagment

Sophia R.’s Avatar
Sophia R. Mar 18 98 views

What is a good introduction to say when talking about your career?

If you are telling others about your career, and also want to look professional, what would be a good way to go about it? This would be for introducing it to them. It would be great if you also told me how to talk about my career for the whole explanation. P.S, my career would be marine...

#interview #career #essay

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 4208 views

How to list double major on resume?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#college-major #interview #career-counseling #college-majors #resume #double-major

Yomaris E.’s Avatar
Yomaris E. May 24, 2018 418 views

What do I wear for an interview?

I've always wondered what is considered appropriate for an interview. I went with a short sleeve shirt to an interview, but I was then told that I had to wear a long sleeve. #interview-preparation #job-interview #interview #interviews #interviewing #job-interview...

#interviewing-skills

Ariana M.’s Avatar
Ariana M. Apr 16, 2018 425 views

Tips for candidates new to the interviewing process

What are some tips or pointers for people who are looking for their first jobs(s). How do I stand out while having no experience or professional qualifications? #interviews #interview #interviewing-skills #professionalism #new-hires...

Te'Shanti T.’s Avatar
Te'Shanti T. Apr 12, 2018 297 views

Are these common interview questions?

I feel these questions are examples. Can you tell me a little about yourself? Why do you want this job? Why should we hire you? What are your salary requirements? Do you have any questions for us? What is your greatest strength? #commoninterviewquestions #interview #...

Mack M.’s Avatar
Mack M. Apr 12, 2018 275 views

What are some good interview tips for beginner jobs?

I have an interview in a few days for my first job. Are there any helpful tips anyone can give me? #interview...

#firstjob

Serena H.’s Avatar
Serena H. Mar 30, 2018 197 views

Does graduating from an ivy league matter or rather what you make from the degree?

I'm asking this question because I always thought that graduating from a known school matters, but does it? Or does it matter when you are interviewed? #interview #education #school...

Elizabeth L.’s Avatar
Elizabeth L. Jan 26, 2018 264 views

What kind of attire should I wear to an interview? A dress or formal shirt and pants?

Don't know what people in a interview would find more like-able as for style. #interview #formal #pants...

#clothes

Julie M.’s Avatar
Julie M. Jan 19, 2018 231 views

What are good questions to as a potential employer during an interview?

I've always had a hard time during interviews. I'm not sure what the right answers to the questions are or what to ask myself to show the employer I'm serious about the position. #interview...

#interview-questions

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 314 views

What should you include in your resume if you're a student with little experience/ skills?

Looking to develop a resume that is effective and stands out, but I'm a high school student without much experience or skills. Are there any things you can include that someone reviewing your resume would find useful to know? Does the fact that I volunteer as a teacher assistant or that I'm...

#interviews #interview #writing #evaluating-resumes #resumes #interviewing #interview-preparation #resume #experience #resume-writing #interviewing-skills

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 405 views

Which celebrity or public figure do you look up to?

Was asked this in an interview and was wondering how professionals would respond. What are employers/interviewers looking for when they ask this? How should I go about answering this? #interview #mock-interviews #interviews #interviewskills #interviewing-skills #rolemodel #interview-questions...

#careers #jobs #interviewing #interview-preparation #employment #career #internships

Adam S.’s Avatar
Adam S. Jan 17, 2018 196 views

What tips would you give to help me get a leg up on the competition when it comes to interviewing for a job?

I'd like to do well when it comes to interviewing for a future job. I'd like to know how I can perform my best and stand out in an interview....

#interview

Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Jan 16, 2018 263 views

What are some things to keep in mind during the interviewing process?

Is there any pointers for freshly graduated students to stand out during their interview? Is there a method to prepare for the interview questions and what kind of question will the interviewer ask? #teaching #professionals #education...

#interview

Ethan G.’s Avatar
Ethan G. Jan 06, 2018 329 views

Do you have any advice for interviewing for a summer internship?

I've started applying for finance internships this summer and don't really know how to prepare for my in-person interviews. #interview #interviewing-skills...

#internships

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Nov 20, 2017 483 views

What do you consider your most incredible achievement?

Interview question; As a student, how should I answer this question ? Can I talk about a group project (academic related) ? or Should I talk about something from my volunteer/paid work? What are some typical answers to this question? What do interviewers really want to know?...

#interview #interviewquestions #human-resources

Claire N.’s Avatar
Claire N. Oct 07, 2017 465 views

How do I dress for an intern interview?

I am interviewing for a position as an intern for a member of Congress, but I'm unsure of how formally I should dress and what I should wear. #government #intern #interview #interview-clothing...

#government-administration

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Oct 17, 2017 378 views

Can I schedule an interview with a college after submitting my application?

I really don't have enough time to schedule all my college interviews before early deadlines. Can I schedule them after I've submitted my applications? #college #college-applications #interviews #college-admissions #college-selection #college-advice ##college...

#interview

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Apr 11, 2017 518 views

How to perform in interview?

I am international second-year undergraduate student studying in business school. Now I apply some positions in a club or pre-internship program, they all need to pass interviews. Do you have some useful tips? #interview...

#job-application

Kristen K.’s Avatar
Kristen K. Mar 31, 2017 700 views

How do I prepare for a Skype interview?

The only interviews I've ever done have been in person, and a company in a different state wants to interview me via Skype. In what ways is this interview going to be different than in-person interviews? What's the best place to set up my computer for this interview? #college #career...

#skype #interview #job-application

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Jul 25, 2017 815 views

What's your weakness?

College student seeking internship position. Well, no one is perfect, we all have weakness. During the interview, I found this question a bit tricky. I would like to know how you approach this kind of question. What does HR really want to know from this question? #interview #hr...

#college #career-counseling #job-application #interview-preparation #interviewing-skills

Elsa Z.’s Avatar
Elsa Z. Jul 07, 2017 4683 views

What are some good questions to ask a potential employer during an interview?

Usually at the end of an interview, the hiring manager will give you the opportunity to ask some questions about the position or the company. Are there any questions that you can ask that will make you stand out to the employer as the main candidate? As well, as there any questions to avoid...

#interview #job-application #interview-preparation

Deborah C.’s Avatar
Deborah C. Feb 11, 2017 421 views
Hashir A.’s Avatar
Hashir A. Nov 02, 2016 629 views

I have an upcoming interview at a medical school, how do you prepare for a one-on-one interview?

I have a one-on-one interview at a medical school coming up. Does anyone have any helpful tips on what to prepare for and how to approach the interview. For reference: I have a masters degree in biomedical sciences and a bachelors degree in mathematics. #medicine -school...

#interview