Career Questions tagged Interview

g S.’s Avatar
g S. Feb 10 120 views

How to ace university interviews?

I am planning to apply for universities soon and heard that interviews are quite common. Would be good to receive some tips and tricks to acing them and what are some common questions they would ask. Thanks!!!!! #business #career #university #school...

#interview

Zen D.’s Avatar
Zen D. Jan 26 104 views

Nursing School Interview

I have a Nursing School Interview. Does anyone have sample questions that could help me. #interview #nursingschool...

#interview-preparation

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Jan 23 119 views

How to figure out my career patheay?

I am a university student studying in Hong Kong. My major is urban studies, which is about issues in urban design. However, I have poor performance in academics and low GPA. For my working experience, I have worked as part time assistant in heritage organisation, property management intern ,...

#company #cvwriting #urbanstudies #tips #career #unemployed #rtpi #uk #cv #confused #careerpathway #socialscience #architecture #lowgpa #interview #pathway

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Dec 23, 2020 1244 views

When asked "What are your strengths?" Should I list my strengths with examples or just strengths alone?

When asked "What are your strengths?" Should I list my strengths with examples or just strengths alone?...

#interview

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 98 views

What should I know about the college before going into an interview?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

#college-applications #interview #college

Ethan Gabriel’s Avatar
Ethan G. Oct 12, 2020 572 views

How should I go about asking questions in job interviews?

I am a communications and film double major wanting a career in the entertainment industry. #career-choice #jobs #networking...

#interview

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Sep 29, 2020 589 views

HOW TO STAND OUT FROM A VIDEO INTERVIEW?

For all professionals & students who are reading my post, I thank you for your time and I appreciate any suggestions you share! Please take care of yourself. CONTEXT: Because of COVID, most companies are conducting interviews via video. I found that it's more challenging to leave a good...

#technology #recruiter #jobs #interviewprep #hr #career #careercoach #interview

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Sep 12, 2020 428 views

What to say when reaching out connections on Linkedin?

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION! Context: I came across a job posting in "X" department I'd like to apply and I know someone who works at that company in "Y" department. I understand that X & Y departments work closely together. I want to gain more insights about the...

#technology #jobapplications #employer #strategy #careercoaching #career #networking #interview #linkedin

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 18, 2020 273 views

How to prep for (technical) interviews for Web Developer position?

Hello everyone! I'm a self-taught front-end web developer with background in Psychology. - How do you usually prepare for your interviews ? - What kinds of questions do they typical ask? - When you are given a problem you can't solve on the spot, what do you do to leave a good...

#interviewing-skills #technology #july20 #interview-preparation #careertips #coding #career #interview

Orlando S.’s Avatar
Orlando S. Mar 03, 2020 226 views

Why are you the best welding candidate for us?

I put all my effort and I also accept new challenges when it comes to work #welding #welder...

#interview

Orlando S.’s Avatar
Orlando S. Mar 03, 2020 411 views

Why should we hire you?

I am always on time when it comes to work. #work...

#interview

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 340 views

What are the most important skills for your employees to possess?

What do you value most in terms of skills when looking for a new hire? Do you want a person with a ton of experience in a specific area, or do you consider a person who has experience in something for a fairly long period of time, even if it is not specially what you are looking for as...

#job #hiringprocess #skills #career #value #experience #interview #college

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 1268 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#research #application #doctorate #phd #college #grad-school #graduate #interview #graduate-school #psychology

Destinee J.’s Avatar
Destinee J. Apr 30, 2019 351 views
Robert Q.’s Avatar
Robert Q. Mar 29, 2019 749 views

Interview Q&A for Customer Success Management Role

1. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. 2. How do you manage your time? 3.How did you handle an angry customer and what was the outcome? 4. Tools you use to measure success, and process to generate your reports? 5. How do you fight churn? These are popular CSM...

#work #interview #career #customersuccessmanagment #job

Sophia R.’s Avatar
Sophia R. Mar 18, 2019 281 views

What is a good introduction to say when talking about your career?

If you are telling others about your career, and also want to look professional, what would be a good way to go about it? This would be for introducing it to them. It would be great if you also told me how to talk about my career for the whole explanation. P.S, my career would be marine...

#essay #interview #career

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 7143 views

How to list double major on resume?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#college-major #college-majors #double-major #resume #career-counseling #interview

Yomaris E.’s Avatar
Yomaris E. May 24, 2018 1206 views

What do I wear for an interview?

I've always wondered what is considered appropriate for an interview. I went with a short sleeve shirt to an interview, but I was then told that I had to wear a long sleeve. #interview-preparation #job-interview #interview #interviews #interviewing #job-interview...

#interviewing-skills