Career Questions tagged First Job

oriana O.’s Avatar
oriana O. Jul 30 91 views

What should my dream career be?

Hello there! I'm a student and i'm a little all over the place when it comes to my dream career. I know what I'm good at- I just don't what job I could use most of my skills in. When watching TV shows, I end up wanting to be the job in that TV show. But- not all of them made me feel that way....

#law #college #career #first-job #jobs #job #general #fbi #job-search

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Jul 29 24 views

A good entry level/internship job for Information Technology major?

I am majoring in Information technology (IT) and I'm trying to find an entry-level /internship job. What will be a good start? #jobs #first-job #job-market...

#july20

Racheal L.’s Avatar
Racheal L. Jul 21 75 views

How do I prepare myself for the job searching world after college while in college?

From what I understand, job searching is hard, time consuming, and takes a lot of emotional patience. Finding a job, applying to the job, waiting for an interview, having the interview, waiting for a response, getting the response, (if accepted) waiting till you start, (if rejected) restarting...

#july20 #career-paths #job #first-job #jobs #career-counseling #job-search

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Jul 17 47 views

What should I do to get a first time job?

I've made a basic resume, and because it's my first job I don't have much on it. It's basic, and has some skills and volunteer experience on it. But when I applied in store and online to about 20 places, none of them reached back to me. #first-job #entry-level #job-search #resume #july20 Is...

Ethan B.’s Avatar
Ethan B. Jul 17 53 views

Where are some tips on how to fast track my IT career?

I am very goal oriented and look forward to starting my first job. What are some tips to keep me on the up and up for promotions are better opportunities as an IT major? #major #job #july20...

#first-job

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27 255 views

How to approach phone interviews on volunteering roles?

Many volunteering roles require a Zoom or phone interview. What are some great tips and tricks to keep in mind while on the phone. What should we not mention in any phone interview. Adding a small script to say in order to introduce yourself would be great. Thank you! #interviews #career...

#first-job #job-application

Meredith M.’s Avatar
Meredith M. May 16, 2018 492 views

Is advertising a hard job area to get into?

I am planning to major in a study that will help me land in an advertising career. #job #advertising...

#first-job

Isha G.’s Avatar
Isha G. Mar 12 134 views

What can I do to get a summer internship with no experience

I am currently in my first year of university studying urban planning looking to gain some relevant experience this summer #internship #first-job...

#summer-jobs

Abdiel L.’s Avatar
Abdiel L. Mar 04 119 views

How difficult is it for a recent high school grad to get hired for a job?

Let's say I just graduated and never had a job before, will it be possible to get a job? #graduate-school...

#first-job

Sumaiya A.’s Avatar
Sumaiya A. Jan 27 130 views
Cyron E.’s Avatar
Cyron E. Aug 05, 2019 87 views

How you make it through to all your school year

Im in Jobs Crops in El Paso, TX, Im 18 and Im interesting to be in Protective Services Ebido.Cyron@.livejobscorps.org #job...

#first-job

Cheyenne F.’s Avatar
Cheyenne F. Aug 01, 2019 127 views
Diana R.’s Avatar
Diana R. Jul 30, 2019 171 views
Sydney C.’s Avatar
Sydney C. Jul 08, 2019 185 views

First Job Help?

I am having trouble finding a job. I am 16 years old and currently attend high school in the Bellevue area. I have no work experience but I am ready for my first job. I am looking for a job in the Bellevue area. I am hoping to have a summer job, and part-time job during the school year. Please...

#career #first-job #jobs #summerjob #job-search #teenjob

Joseline R.’s Avatar
Joseline R. Jun 18, 2019 153 views

What jobs can I work at 14?

marvin C.’s Avatar
marvin C. Apr 17, 2019 175 views
Sahonara G.’s Avatar
Sahonara G. Oct 14, 2018 209 views
jeami C.’s Avatar
jeami C. Aug 23, 2018 267 views

Is it recommended to have a job in your first semester/year of college?

It's tempting to get a job to help pay for tuition, etc., however won't it interfe​r​​​e with your studies given that it is your first time taking college classes? #first-job...

#first-year