Career Questions tagged First Job

Cyron E.’s Avatar
Cyron E. Aug 05

How you make it through to all your school year

Im in Jobs Crops in El Paso, TX, Im 18 and Im interesting to be in Protective Services Ebido.Cyron@.livejobscorps.org #job...

#first-job

Cheyenne F.’s Avatar
Cheyenne F. Aug 01

What are the requirements for this job?

I am reliable and have a strong work ethic. #first-job...

#security

Diana R.’s Avatar
Diana R. Jul 30
Sydney C.’s Avatar
Sydney C. Jul 08

First Job Help?

I am having trouble finding a job. I am 16 years old and currently attend high school in the Bellevue area. I have no work experience but I am ready for my first job. I am looking for a job in the Bellevue area. I am hoping to have a summer job, and part-time job during the school year. Please...

#job-search #first-job #summerjob #jobs #teenjob #career

Joseline R.’s Avatar
Joseline R. Jun 18

What jobs can I work at 14?

marvin C.’s Avatar
marvin C. Apr 17
Sahonara G.’s Avatar
Sahonara G. Oct 14, 2018
jeami C.’s Avatar
jeami C. Aug 23, 2018

Is it recommended to have a job in your first semester/year of college?

It's tempting to get a job to help pay for tuition, etc., however won't it interfe​r​​​e with your studies given that it is your first time taking college classes? #first-job...

#first-year

Kelli C.’s Avatar
Kelli C. Aug 22, 2018

Is it advised to get a job freshman year?

I am just transitioning to college and despite the workload, I am also worried if I should get a job the first year. Is it advised to just get a job on campus or is off campus a good idea? \ #jobs #first-job...

#college-jobs

Catherine C.’s Avatar
Catherine C. Aug 12, 2018
Mauricio F.’s Avatar
Mauricio F. Aug 16, 2018

How do you find a job that suits you after graduating?

In college, there are various organizations that come to talk to students to provide information about potential jobs in the future. However, what do you look for when deciding where I would like to nail a job? Is the money important? What other factors come into play? #mechanical engineering...

#job-search #first-job

Ben S.’s Avatar
Ben S. Aug 13, 2018

Should I study data science at university?

I am a generalist who is good with numbers and words. I am not sure if I should pursue an economics and politics degree or do data science instead as it is more practical and there's a higher chance that I could get a job at the end of it. #careeradvice # #first-job...

#job-search

Clara N.’s Avatar
Clara N. Aug 12, 2018

How do I create a resume?

I've never had a job before...

#first-job

Maritza V.’s Avatar
Maritza V. Aug 06, 2018

How does one find a job and a place to live after graduating college?

I am still unsure how one finds a job and a place to live after college. Where do I obtain these types of connections that will help me in either situations? #first-job #college-jobs #job-search...

#homesearch

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Carley B.’s Avatar
Carley B. Jul 27, 2018

How do I know what job is right for me?

How do I know what jobs are good? Do I judge it by the benefits or the job itself? #job...

#first-job

Simi A.’s Avatar
Simi A. Jul 26, 2018
Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Jul 26, 2018
George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 24, 2018

In your experience, how difficult has it been to matriculate into an entry-level job with a mechanical engineering degree?

I am interested in pursuing this degree, in tandem with economics, and I was wondering what a mechanical engineer's experience has been like in getting a job... and when getting said job, what would it typically entail? Was/is the job fun? #mechanical-engineering #industry #business #first-job...

#engineering

Shaylee W.’s Avatar
Shaylee W. Jul 13, 2018

Is this a good job to have if you have a really busy schedule?

If you do a lot of things to do in a single day or week is this the right job to have? #job-market #jobs...

#first-job

Rebekah R.’s Avatar
Rebekah R. May 25, 2018

How do you make the transition from college to the work force?

I know my mom went to a job fair at her college and was then offered her first job, but it's not the same everywhere....

#first-job

Christopher G.’s Avatar
Christopher G. May 25, 2018
Javier C.’s Avatar
Javier C. May 18, 2018

Why is it so hard to find a job ?

I'm 16 year old and i'm getting pressured to find a job by my parents and my friends. My closest friend already has a job and that really made me agitated to get a job. I desperately need a job so it could help pay for my college tuition because I come from a low income family. The problem is...

#jobs #job-search #first-job

Sean P.’s Avatar
Sean P. Jan 17, 2018

How old were you when you got your first stable job?

Im still a student but will enter the real world soon. What was it like for you to transition from school to work? What were the hardest things to get used to? What are the best parts of starting work? What advice would you give your past self if you could? #real-world #first-job #jobs...

#job-search #employment