Career Questions tagged International Relations

Kosha J.’s Avatar
Kosha J. Jul 25 70 views

Inquiry about Ba in Psycology and Ba in English ??

Heyy there !
I want to know what is the best course and which course will have great scope in future ..
which course have opportunities towards MA in mass communication ??

Help me here please !

Alanis R.’s Avatar
Alanis R. Jan 09 286 views

Can I have an internship in a tech company being an International relations student?

#internship #business #technology #international-relations #IR #graduate-student #career-advice #techcareer

Rebecca G.’s Avatar
Rebecca G. Oct 01, 2021 299 views

What types of jobs and college majors should I consider if I want to dedicate myself to supporting refugees?

There are millions of refugees around the world facing huge challenges. I am interested in finding ways to dedicate myself to the cause, but I'm not sure what kinds of jobs are available. I'm just finishing high school and I'm planning to go to college, but I'm not yet decided on what kind of...

Susanna F.’s Avatar
Susanna F. Jun 18, 2021 211 views

How do I enter the field of diplomacy?

#international-relations #diplomacy

Noid T.’s Avatar
Noid T. May 11, 2021 445 views

What is it like being a clothing brand designer

#startups #any #international-relations

Isabeth M.’s Avatar
Isabeth M. Apr 13, 2020 429 views

How can I get involved in economics and political science? Especially with research. How can I be a leader with these interests?

I’d like to become involved in economics and poli sci and really stand out as a high school student. Are there any recommendations for research or extracurriculars I can start. I have seen people publish books and start organizations and I don’t really have any ideas so far. I am really...

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. May 29, 2019 1047 views

if you have a political science/international relations degree what are the jobs you can do?

to all the political science majors, what are the job opportunities your degree give you? and what are the advantages and disadvantages of your job? thank you:) #political-science #international-relations #degree #college-major #job

Rhoda G.’s Avatar
Rhoda G. Jun 30, 2018 399 views

What are a few programs that can prepare undergraduate students for the foreign service that do not require citizenship status?

Opportunities, Scholarships, or Programs that can prepare students for the U.S.Department of State/Foreign Services #foreign-policy #international-relations #international #global-affairs #college

Tinni M.’s Avatar
Tinni M. May 04, 2018 426 views

What national colleges have the best business/economics or international relations/political science programs?

#business #international-relations

Tamron S.’s Avatar
Tamron S. Jan 16, 2018 418 views

If I would like to be a journalist with an international focus, should I major in journalism or international relations?

My goal is to work in journalism, however I'm not sure which major would be best. I know that journalism is a competitive major, and an international relations degree offers more versatility, so I would like to study both. My choices are to major in journalism and minor in international...

Emma I.’s Avatar
Emma I. Jan 16, 2018 625 views

Political Science or International Relations?

Which should I major in? I am interested in working in foreign policy, but I'm not sure which is the better major to pursue for this. Should I go with the less specific Political Science, so I have a safety net if I don't like foreign policy? Or should I go more specific and really specialize...

Victoria M.’s Avatar
Victoria M. Sep 01, 2017 447 views

If I want to work in an embassy, but not as part of the military, what should I study in college?

In the future, I want to work in an embassy overseas, but I'm unsure as to what field is best for me to study if I want to do this. I've been looking mostly at environmental science, information science, and computer science for my major in college. Is there another major that is more sought...

Darcie I.’s Avatar
Darcie I. Apr 04, 2017 845 views

What jobs relate to the field of international relations/development?

I am currently working towards an undergraduate degree in international development/globalization with a minor in political science at the University of Ottawa. While I am very interested and inspired by the content I have been learning, I am not sure exactly what I want to specialize in when...

Ching Ting N.’s Avatar
Ching Ting N. Mar 05, 2017 757 views

How to prepare for a career in the United Nations during university years?

I am in Sophomore in university. My majors are English Studies and French. I would like to work in the United Nations as a language staff. How may I get ahead in preparing myself for embarking on a career at the UN? #career-counseling #international #language #international-relations #united-nations

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Feb 12, 2017 901 views

Why is journalism dying and what are the skills of a competent journalist?

There are some great journalists who work for The Atlantic, The New York Times, and other sources. I was talking to a friend the other day about potential careers and she said I may be a journalist. She thinks that we need GOOD journalists; not just people who write about pop culture. I do...

Violetta S.’s Avatar
Violetta S. Jan 07, 2017 664 views

I plan to major in International Relations, and I would like to hear what that major entails from someone who's studied it.

I love the idea of helping people by being a diplomat, working in government, or for a not-for-profit. I just don't know anyone who's majored in this field and I'd love to hear what it's like! #international-relations

Deema Z.’s Avatar
Deema Z. Oct 25, 2016 1067 views

Where is the best country to work in with a Business Degree after i graduate?

I am currently a Sophomore in college and i am not sure where to get a head start on my career right after i graduate. Sometimes newly graduates get offered a job overseas and they never know whether they should take the job or not. Most of the times when students take a job overseas; they...

Kira N.’s Avatar
Kira N. Jul 19, 2016 793 views

What can I do to better prepare me for a career in the foreign service?

My dream is to be a foreign service officer for the State Department and I know that you can intern at certain Embassies but I'm not sure what else to do to prepare for a career in government. #internships #government #international-affairs #international-relations #foreign-affairs...

Jessica S.’s Avatar
Jessica S. May 28, 2016 718 views

To become a diplomat what do you have to do besides the FSOT? I know there's some simulations and an oral part and the telephone test, but is there a physical portion of the test? How hard is the telephone test? What are the simulations/oral portions like

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really passionate about this. I'll be entering college in the fall and I'm really interested in knowing what classes would help me meet all qualifications needed to become a diplomat. #international-relations #diplomacy #foreign-service

Cameron F.’s Avatar
Cameron F. May 25, 2016 721 views

What are my job options if I major in international relations?

I am planning on majoring in international relations because I have a desire to bring peace between countries. What kinds of jobs are in line with this goal? #law #political-science #politics #international-relations

Jessica S.’s Avatar
Jessica S. May 24, 2016 1378 views

How difficult is the Foreign Service Officers Test to pass?

Since tenth grade I've wanted to be a diplomat. I know it's not exactly a "common" choice but it's not too easy to find information about becoming a diplomat and I'm very curious. #government #politics #international-relations #diplomacy

Jake D.’s Avatar
Jake D. May 17, 2016 4794 views

I would like to combine psychology, political science, and international relations into a bachelors degree. What are the career prospects?

I am very interested in all of these fields and would like to use them together to make the world a more peaceful place. #college #career #psychology #college-major #career-counseling #politics #international-relations #political-campaigns

Kalkidan A.’s Avatar
Kalkidan A. May 13, 2016 878 views

What job or status can a degree in Political Science secure?

I'm considering in majoring in Political Science, but I'm unsure of the career choices available with this degree. I'm plan to use this degree to obtain a job with the United Nations; specifically to work in the Middle East. However, I'm not entirely sure what job I can obtain and the...

Lindsey M.’s Avatar
Lindsey M. May 13, 2016 846 views

What jobs can I get with an International Affairs BA?

I know the 'big' job is diplomat/ambassador, but that's hard to get, so what else is there? #international #international-affairs #international-relations #social-sciences #social-science

Lindsey M.’s Avatar
Lindsey M. May 13, 2016 953 views

Which language is better for a career in International Affairs: Arabic or Farsi?

I can study either but I'm not sure which would be more beneficial in the long-run. #international-affairs #international-relations

santhosh K.’s Avatar
santhosh K. May 03, 2016 897 views

I am studying diplomacy, and I'm interested in joining the army. How would I go about joining the military in an academic role?

I'm confused as to how I could work in diplomacy in the military. #engineer #military #army #international-relations #navy #diplomacy

Amina H.’s Avatar
Amina H. Jun 29, 2015 1239 views

Human rights or international relations?

Hi! I'm very interested in working for Human Rights Watch, post college. What's the better major for that, Human rights or International Relations? Or please let me know if there are other even more helpful majors for this type of career (I'd either want to be a researcher in their organization...

Pogisa T.’s Avatar
Pogisa T. Dec 16, 2014 1155 views

How is it helpful to study business then go into studying International relations later on?

I am interning for a company, Nearpod but want to major in International Studies in college so want to hear from people who have studied this or are in these fields! Thanks a ton! #business #international #international-business #international-relations #relations

KrestanS_af13 .’s Avatar
KrestanS_af13 . Mar 30, 2013 1348 views

What are any potential majors that someone can study in college that would set them up to "work for a government organization in international aid or development" or just internationally in general?

I am a senior in high school who wants to study some kind of international study in college. I know that I want to minor in religion but I am not sure what kind of major would be the most beneficial. #international #international-relations

KrestanS_af13 .’s Avatar
KrestanS_af13 . Mar 27, 2013 4414 views

What kind of career can a person pursue if they want to work internationally?

I am a senior in high school who wants to work internationally when I get out of college. However, I'm not sure what kind of careers are out there that I can potentially pursue when I am out of college. #international #international-relations