Career Questions tagged International Relations

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. May 29 142 views

if you have a political science/international relations degree what are the jobs you can do?

to all the political science majors, what are the job opportunities your degree give you? and what are the advantages and disadvantages of your job? thank you:) #political-science #international-relations #degree #college-major...

#job

Rhoda G.’s Avatar
Rhoda G. Jun 30, 2018 163 views
Tamron S.’s Avatar
Tamron S. Jan 16, 2018 165 views

If I would like to be a journalist with an international focus, should I major in journalism or international relations?

My goal is to work in journalism, however I'm not sure which major would be best. I know that journalism is a competitive major, and an international relations degree offers more versatility, so I would like to study both. My choices are to major in journalism and minor in international...

#journalism #college-major #college #international-relations

Emma I.’s Avatar
Emma I. Jan 16, 2018 229 views

Political Science or International Relations?

Which should I major in? I am interested in working in foreign policy, but I'm not sure which is the better major to pursue for this. Should I go with the less specific Political Science, so I have a safety net if I don't like foreign policy? Or should I go more specific and really specialize...

#college-major #international-relations #majors #political-science #international-affairs

santhosh K.’s Avatar
santhosh K. May 03, 2016 669 views
Victoria M.’s Avatar
Victoria M. Sep 01, 2017 224 views

If I want to work in an embassy, but not as part of the military, what should I study in college?

In the future, I want to work in an embassy overseas, but I'm unsure as to what field is best for me to study if I want to do this. I've been looking mostly at environmental science, information science, and computer science for my major in college. Is there another major that is more sought...

#international-relations

Jake D.’s Avatar
Jake D. May 17, 2016 2386 views

I would like to combine psychology, political science, and international relations into a bachelors degree. What are the career prospects?

I am very interested in all of these fields and would like to use them together to make the world a more peaceful place. #college #career #psychology #college-major #career-counseling #politics #international-relations...

#political-campaigns

Kalkidan A.’s Avatar
Kalkidan A. May 13, 2016 476 views

What job or status can a degree in Political Science secure?

I'm considering in majoring in Political Science, but I'm unsure of the career choices available with this degree. I'm plan to use this degree to obtain a job with the United Nations; specifically to work in the Middle East. However, I'm not entirely sure what job I can obtain and the...

#foreign-affairs #politics #international-relations #foreign-policy #international #political-science

Darcie I.’s Avatar
Darcie I. Apr 04, 2017 538 views

What jobs relate to the field of international relations/development?

I am currently working towards an undergraduate degree in international development/globalization with a minor in political science at the University of Ottawa. While I am very interested and inspired by the content I have been learning, I am not sure exactly what I want to specialize in when...

#masters-degree #politics #international-relations #political-science #international-development #human-rights #international #globalization

Ching Ting N.’s Avatar
Ching Ting N. Mar 05, 2017 489 views

How to prepare for a career in the United Nations during university years?

I am in Sophomore in university. My majors are English Studies and French. I would like to work in the United Nations as a language staff. How may I get ahead in preparing myself for embarking on a career at the UN? #career-counseling #international #language #international-relations...

#united-nations

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Feb 12, 2017 568 views

Why is journalism dying and what are the skills of a competent journalist?

There are some great journalists who work for The Atlantic, The New York Times, and other sources. I was talking to a friend the other day about potential careers and she said I may be a journalist. She thinks that we need GOOD journalists; not just people who write about pop culture. I do...

#advertising #journalism #international-relations #media #online-journalism #internet

Violetta S.’s Avatar
Violetta S. Jan 07, 2017 430 views

I plan to major in International Relations, and I would like to hear what that major entails from someone who's studied it.

I love the idea of helping people by being a diplomat, working in government, or for a not-for-profit. I just don't know anyone who's majored in this field and I'd love to hear what it's like!...

#international-relations

Deema Z.’s Avatar
Deema Z. Oct 25, 2016 624 views

Where is the best country to work in with a Business Degree after i graduate?

I am currently a Sophomore in college and i am not sure where to get a head start on my career right after i graduate. Sometimes newly graduates get offered a job overseas and they never know whether they should take the job or not. Most of the times when students take a job overseas; they...

#business #international-relations #finance #accounting #international-business

Kira N.’s Avatar
Kira N. Jul 19, 2016 476 views

What can I do to better prepare me for a career in the foreign service?

My dream is to be a foreign service officer for the State Department and I know that you can intern at certain Embassies but I'm not sure what else to do to prepare for a career in government. #internships #government #international-affairs #international-relations #foreign-affairs...

#state-department #foreign-service

Jessica S.’s Avatar
Jessica S. May 28, 2016 497 views

To become a diplomat what do you have to do besides the FSOT? I know there's some simulations and an oral part and the telephone test, but is there a physical portion of the test? How hard is the telephone test? What are the simulations/oral portions like

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really passionate about this. I'll be entering college in the fall and I'm really interested in knowing what classes would help me meet all qualifications needed to become a diplomat. #international-relations #diplomacy...

#foreign-service

Cameron F.’s Avatar
Cameron F. May 25, 2016 432 views

What are my job options if I major in international relations?

I am planning on majoring in international relations because I have a desire to bring peace between countries. What kinds of jobs are in line with this goal? #law #political-science #politics...

#international-relations

Jessica S.’s Avatar
Jessica S. May 24, 2016 857 views

How difficult is the Foreign Service Officers Test to pass?

Since tenth grade I've wanted to be a diplomat. I know it's not exactly a "common" choice but it's not too easy to find information about becoming a diplomat and I'm very curious. #government #politics #international-relations...

#diplomacy

Lindsey M.’s Avatar
Lindsey M. May 13, 2016 575 views

What jobs can I get with an International Affairs BA?

I know the 'big' job is diplomat/ambassador, but that's hard to get, so what else is there? #international #international-affairs #international-relations #social-sciences...

#social-science

Lindsey M.’s Avatar
Lindsey M. May 13, 2016 607 views

Which language is better for a career in International Affairs: Arabic or Farsi?

I can study either but I'm not sure which would be more beneficial in the long-run. #international-affairs...

#international-relations

Amina H.’s Avatar
Amina H. Jun 29, 2015 939 views

Human rights or international relations?

Hi! I'm very interested in working for Human Rights Watch, post college. What's the better major for that, Human rights or International Relations? Or please let me know if there are other even more helpful majors for this type of career (I'd either want to be a researcher in their organization...

#international-relations #journalism #human-rights #sociology

Pogisa T.’s Avatar
Pogisa T. Dec 16, 2014 919 views

How is it helpful to study business then go into studying International relations later on?

I am interning for a company, Nearpod but want to major in International Studies in college so want to hear from people who have studied this or are in these fields! Thanks a ton! #business #international #international-business #international-relations...

#relations

KrestanS_af13 .’s Avatar
KrestanS_af13 . Mar 30, 2013 1094 views

What are any potential majors that someone can study in college that would set them up to "work for a government organization in international aid or development" or just internationally in general?

I am a senior in high school who wants to study some kind of international study in college. I know that I want to minor in religion but I am not sure what kind of major would be the most beneficial. #international...

#international-relations

KrestanS_af13 .’s Avatar
KrestanS_af13 . Mar 27, 2013 3793 views

What kind of career can a person pursue if they want to work internationally?

I am a senior in high school who wants to work internationally when I get out of college. However, I'm not sure what kind of careers are out there that I can potentially pursue when I am out of college. #international...

#international-relations

Msteven .’s Avatar
Msteven . May 23, 2012 1320 views

How can I use my acting ability to increase worldly interdependence in terms of exchanging entertainment and culture with other countries?

I have a passion for acting and I wish to help make the world a better place. I am willing to act for films or cultural experiences that allow diplomatic relations with other countries to increase. Increasing dependence an any field, ranging from science and medicine to helping the economies of...

#international #service #international-relations #theater

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage . Dec 29, 2011 2301 views

What is the path to a successful career in international relations?

I am interested in working internationally, but I am not sure what type of college major or experiences I need to have in order to do so. #career-paths #international...

#international-relations