Career Questions tagged Korean

texan T.’s Avatar
texan T. Nov 04, 2021 223 views
Harsimran D.’s Avatar
Harsimran D. Jul 16, 2021 263 views

How do I learn korean?

I love watching Kdramas and a bit of KPop Songs, so I would love to learn...

korean

Lysette R.’s Avatar
Lysette R. Oct 09, 2020 484 views

What are some Careers you would suggest for me?

Hi my name is Lysette and I've been struggling in find a suitable career for myself, I have really been drawn to language learning, and travel, but I am very creative and I don't want to do a career that is too technical such as an interpreter, I would like to do something that Is creative,...

medicine career travel career-path career-choice career-counseling korean

Oleksandra K.’s Avatar
Oleksandra K. May 09, 2018 495 views

What kind of jobs can linguistics/Asian languages majors have in government?

I'm interested in Asian languages and linguistics. In U.S., Asian, Russian, and/or Ukrainian governments, what kind of jobs can I expect? Are diplomacy or translation the only options? asian asian-languages asia-pacific asianstudies russia russian Ukraine government japanese chinese...

international southkorea linguistics china korean foreign-languages korea

Jiayun L.’s Avatar
Jiayun L. Jan 14, 2018 1753 views

How can I learn Korean by myself?

I am fan of K-pop. I usually watch Korean drama after fansub group translate it but it needs to wait for a long time. So, I want to learn Korean but I don't have enough money to attend Korean classes. Are there some approaches help me learn Korean by myself? language korean...

foreign-languages

Tamyko G.’s Avatar
Tamyko G. Jan 16, 2018 478 views

How hard is it to get a job through the SMOE program out of college?

I would like to teach English in Seoul, South Korea however, I hear that the SMOE program is very competitive. Are there any things that I can do while in college to make my job application stand out? tefl teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl #korea korean esl...

foreign-languages

Tamyko G.’s Avatar
Tamyko G. Jan 16, 2018 631 views

What are other job options I can consider from knowing another language?

I have been learning Korean for a few years, and I am planning to continue my studies in college to get to the level of fluency. Are there any jobs other than teaching English in Korea that I can consider? foreign-languages language foreign-language...

korean

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. May 14, 2016 812 views

How does one become an interpreter?

I'm really interested in becoming an interpreter for a company or something like that, I'm just not quite sure what I have to major in to be able to become one. I'm fluent in both Spanish and English and recently I've been learning Korean and Italian. Do I have to take business classes if I...

spanish language college interpretation korean