Career Questions tagged Korean

Lysette R.’s Avatar
Lysette R. Oct 09, 2020 274 views

What are some Careers you would suggest for me?

Hi my name is Lysette and I've been struggling in find a suitable career for myself, I have really been drawn to language learning, and travel, but I am very creative and I don't want to do a career that is too technical such as an interpreter, I would like to do something that Is creative,...

#career-path #career #korean #career-counseling #career-choice #travel #medicine

Oleksandra K.’s Avatar
Oleksandra K. May 09, 2018 352 views

What kind of jobs can linguistics/Asian languages majors have in government?

I'm interested in Asian languages and linguistics. In U.S., Asian, Russian, and/or Ukrainian governments, what kind of jobs can I expect? Are diplomacy or translation the only options? #asian #asian-languages #asia-pacific #asianstudies #russia #russian #ukraine #government #japanese #chinese...

#linguistics #foreign-languages #china #southkorea #korean #korea #international

Jiayun L.’s Avatar
Jiayun L. Jan 14, 2018 594 views

How can I learn Korean by myself?

I am fan of K-pop. I usually watch Korean drama after fansub group translate it but it needs to wait for a long time. So, I want to learn Korean but I don't have enough money to attend Korean classes. Are there some approaches help me learn Korean by myself? #language #korean...

#foreign-languages

Tamyko G.’s Avatar
Tamyko G. Jan 16, 2018 384 views

How hard is it to get a job through the SMOE program out of college?

I would like to teach English in Seoul, South Korea however, I hear that the SMOE program is very competitive. Are there any things that I can do while in college to make my job application stand out? #tefl #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl ##korea #korean #esl...

#foreign-languages

Tamyko G.’s Avatar
Tamyko G. Jan 16, 2018 453 views

What are other job options I can consider from knowing another language?

I have been learning Korean for a few years, and I am planning to continue my studies in college to get to the level of fluency. Are there any jobs other than teaching English in Korea that I can consider? #foreign-languages #language #foreign-language...

#korean

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. May 14, 2016 716 views

How does one become an interpreter?

I'm really interested in becoming an interpreter for a company or something like that, I'm just not quite sure what I have to major in to be able to become one. I'm fluent in both Spanish and English and recently I've been learning Korean and Italian. Do I have to take business classes if I...

#college #language #korean #spanish #interpretation