Career Questions tagged Korean

maddie’s Avatar
maddie Nov 21, 2022 182 views

Which major is better for the study of Asian Languages???

Hello, I am currently thinking about what I am going to be majoring in. I would like to be able to learn Asian languages (Japanese, Korean, etc.). I have done some research and I see there are so many options to choose from. I could major in Korean, Japanese, Asian Studies, or Linguistics. I am...

maddie’s Avatar
maddie Oct 08, 2022 459 views

How can I become a background dancer for k-pop groups like BTS?

I recently got into k-pop and I already love the dances and the techniques. I would like to be a background dancer for k-pop groups. How do I get started and how do I audtion for companies like Big hit, JYP, YG, or SM?

maddie’s Avatar
maddie Oct 03, 2022 428 views

How do you become a K-pop idol?

I am an african american and I know that it would be hard for me to become a K-pop idol since it is mostly asian represented. But it really is my dream to become an idol. I practice dancing and singing everyday. I have also started to study and learn the language. I plan on working hard no...

maddie’s Avatar
maddie Aug 29, 2022 538 views

How do you become a k-pop star?

I really love BTS and Blackpink so I am wondering do you have to be korean to become a k-pop star and do you have to have pale skin like koreans. I have already started to learn korean. How do you become a k-pop star?

texan’s Avatar
texan Nov 04, 2021 710 views

How Can I Learn Korean?

#korean #Languages #international #foreign-languages

Harsimran’s Avatar
Harsimran Jul 16, 2021 892 views

How do I learn korean?

I love watching Kdramas and a bit of KPop Songs, so I would love to learn #korean

Lysette’s Avatar
Lysette Oct 09, 2020 632 views

What are some Careers you would suggest for me?

Hi my name is Lysette and I've been struggling in find a suitable career for myself, I have really been drawn to language learning, and travel, but I am very creative and I don't want to do a career that is too technical such as an interpreter, I would like to do something that Is creative,...

Oleksandra’s Avatar
Oleksandra May 09, 2018 669 views

What kind of jobs can linguistics/Asian languages majors have in government?

I'm interested in Asian languages and linguistics. In U.S., Asian, Russian, and/or Ukrainian governments, what kind of jobs can I expect? Are diplomacy or translation the only options? #asian #asian-languages #asia-pacific #asianstudies #russia #russian #Ukraine #government #japanese #chinese...

Tamyko’s Avatar
Tamyko Jan 16, 2018 647 views

How hard is it to get a job through the SMOE program out of college?

I would like to teach English in Seoul, South Korea however, I hear that the SMOE program is very competitive. Are there any things that I can do while in college to make my job application stand out? #tefl #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl ##korea #korean #esl #foreign-languages

Tamyko’s Avatar
Tamyko Jan 16, 2018 886 views

What are other job options I can consider from knowing another language?

I have been learning Korean for a few years, and I am planning to continue my studies in college to get to the level of fluency. Are there any jobs other than teaching English in Korea that I can consider? #foreign-languages #language #foreign-language #korean

Jiayun’s Avatar
Jiayun Jan 14, 2018 3577 views

How can I learn Korean by myself?

I am fan of K-pop. I usually watch Korean drama after fansub group translate it but it needs to wait for a long time. So, I want to learn Korean but I don't have enough money to attend Korean classes. Are there some approaches help me learn Korean by myself? #language #korean #foreign-languages

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa May 14, 2016 940 views

How does one become an interpreter?

I'm really interested in becoming an interpreter for a company or something like that, I'm just not quite sure what I have to major in to be able to become one. I'm fluent in both Spanish and English and recently I've been learning Korean and Italian. Do I have to take business classes if I...