How hard is it to get a job through the SMOE program out of college?

2

I would like to teach English in Seoul, South Korea however, I hear that the SMOE program is very competitive. Are there any things that I can do while in college to make my job application stand out? #tefl #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl ##korea #korean #esl #foreign-languages

Are you interested in teaching after you time in South Korea? Jaron Hightower-Mills
2

Kristina’s Answer

0

Find people to tutor, whether paid or not. There are often ESL classes taught at libraries or schools where they need volunteers. This will help to build your resume, get you some experience, and show that education is a long-term interest of yours.

0

Breana’s Answer

0
There are so many more private companies hiring in Korea, than just that one program. If you are more opened to teaching in other countries, there are actually more jobs in China. With proximity to Korea, you could travel to Korea when you have free time.
0