Career Questions tagged Esl

Paulina Vanessa B.’s Avatar
Paulina Vanessa B. Jul 30 44 views

What are the challenges of being an ESL teacher?

I am currently studying education and one of my certification tracks is ESL. I am highly interested in being an ESL teacher, especially because I am an international student and also had the experience of being an English Learner. However, my fear is my performance as a teacher in the future...

#july20 #student #education #teacher #july #teachers #teaching #esl

Paulina Vanessa B.’s Avatar
Paulina Vanessa B. Jul 30 31 views

What is good advice to get prepared for Teacher Certification Exams?

I am currently studying an undergraduate degree on Middle School Education in Texas. Although I am about to start my second year of college, I will be graduating earlier than usual and would like to start getting prepared for the certification tests. I am kind of concerned since I am an...

#july20 #college #teachercertification #education #july #texas #esl #career

Tamyko G.’s Avatar
Tamyko G. Jan 16, 2018 306 views

How hard is it to get a job through the SMOE program out of college?

I would like to teach English in Seoul, South Korea however, I hear that the SMOE program is very competitive. Are there any things that I can do while in college to make my job application stand out? #tefl #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl ##korea #korean #esl...

#foreign-languages

Morgan P.’s Avatar
Morgan P. Oct 10, 2017 371 views

How can you be an advocate for ELLs?

I am a recent Michigan State University Elementary Education graduate with a minor in TESOL (Teaching English to Students of Other Languages). I might have a future in the field of ELL/ESL teaching. #ell #esl #esl-teaching #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl #teaching...

#language-teaching #foreign-languages #english-as-a-second-language

Robin K.’s Avatar
Robin K. Apr 08, 2017 436 views

What path in highschool would I take to become an ESL teacher?

I always saw teaching English as a second language to be really interesting, I've wanted to do it for as long as I can remember. Going to south korea or Japan to teach English would be amazing, but I know I would be alright with doing it in Canada too. I don't know what courses I would have to...

#esl

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Mar 18, 2017 548 views

How to improve my second language?

I think my english level have influenced my study. #language...

#esl

Michelle P.’s Avatar
Michelle P. Mar 07, 2017 426 views

If I were to major in English, what credentials would I need to teach English abroad? TESL?

I am a senior in highschool, thinking about going into education as my career. I would like to major in English, as well as music. I asked many teachers about teaching abroad, but is something like a TESL( Teaching english as a second language) certificate, necessary? Or is it something that is...

#academic-english #esl

Faith T.’s Avatar
Faith T. Oct 21, 2016 426 views