Career Questions tagged Academic English

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 346 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

#high-school-classes #writing #help #novel #book #surviving-high-school #student #books #advice #english-literature #bad-classes #english #reading #student-advice #essays #novels #essay #classes #class #tips #literature #survival #bad-teachers #academic-english

Michelle P.’s Avatar
Michelle P. Mar 07, 2017 383 views

If I were to major in English, what credentials would I need to teach English abroad? TESL?

I am a senior in highschool, thinking about going into education as my career. I would like to major in English, as well as music. I asked many teachers about teaching abroad, but is something like a TESL( Teaching english as a second language) certificate, necessary? Or is it something that is...

#esl #academic-english

Shimaa E.’s Avatar
Shimaa E. Nov 26, 2016 427 views

How can I improve my English skills to get Ielts or Toefl ?

I am intermediate in English (writing-listening-reading) and basic in (speaking). I am interested to learn English and be like a native speaker and I want to visit America and some European countries and get a scholarship . #english #english-grammar...

#academic-english