Career Questions tagged Academic English

mariwan M.’s Avatar
mariwan M. Jul 20, 2020 217 views
Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 1071 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

student-advice english-literature tips advice bad-teachers books reading class english novels surviving-high-school novel high-school-classes survival academic-english classes writing essays help literature bad-classes book essay student

Michelle P.’s Avatar
Michelle P. Mar 07, 2017 531 views

If I were to major in English, what credentials would I need to teach English abroad? TESL?

I am a senior in highschool, thinking about going into education as my career. I would like to major in English, as well as music. I asked many teachers about teaching abroad, but is something like a TESL( Teaching english as a second language) certificate, necessary? Or is it something that is...

esl academic-english

Shimaa E.’s Avatar
Shimaa E. Nov 26, 2016 605 views

How can I improve my English skills to get Ielts or Toefl ?

I am intermediate in English (writing-listening-reading) and basic in (speaking). I am interested to learn English and be like a native speaker and I want to visit America and some European countries and get a scholarship . english english-grammar...

academic-english