Career Questions tagged Novel

Destiny M.’s Avatar
Destiny M. May 31, 2018 299 views

How hard is it *really* to publish a book?

While I want to be a copyeditor as my *day* job, I've written several novels I would love to publish sometime down the road (after much revision...). Every time I speak about this with someone, though, their immediate answer seems to be, "Ha! Good luck." My questions is... is it really that...

#novel #creativewriting #publish #book #writer

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 547 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

#reading #advice #literature #academic-english #english-literature #tips #class #bad-classes #books #novel #writing #essays #bad-teachers #surviving-high-school #novels #help #classes #student #survival #essay #english #student-advice #high-school-classes #book

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 428 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

#novels #copy-editor #publishing #content-editor #content-editing #copy-editing #editor #editing #writing #books #novel #book #writing-and-editing

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 774 views

How to get your book published

One ultimate goal of mine is to write a novel and have it published. I know this is a very challenging and long process. What is the best way to get your own book published. Should I self-publish or go through a company? #writing #author #publishing #publish #book...

#novel