Career Questions tagged Novel

Diana’s Avatar
Diana May 31, 2018 711 views

How hard is it *really* to publish a book?

While I want to be a copyeditor as my *day* job, I've written several novels I would love to publish sometime down the road (after much revision...). Every time I speak about this with someone, though, their immediate answer seems to be, "Ha! Good luck." My questions is... is it really that...

Catherine’s Avatar
Catherine Feb 10, 2018 1368 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

Catherine’s Avatar
Catherine Feb 10, 2018 1599 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

Bianca’s Avatar
Bianca Apr 13, 2017 1095 views

How to get your book published

One ultimate goal of mine is to write a novel and have it published. I know this is a very challenging and long process. What is the best way to get your own book published. Should I self-publish or go through a company? #writing #author #publishing #publish #book #novel