Career Questions tagged Class

Camille P.’s Avatar
Camille P. Oct 27, 2020 154 views

I am thinking about participating in the broadcasting class at my school next year, would this be beneficial in hopes of having a career within sports broadcasting in my future?

I am a high school junior and am beginning to explore my options for my future following high school. It has been a dream of mine for quite some time to be involved in sports, particularly the NBA, as a post game interviewer. I would appreciate any tips or advice to get started in this...

sportsbroadcasting interviewer sports class

Tyler P.’s Avatar
Tyler P. Aug 30, 2018 242 views

How many credits at most is recommended per semester

Trying to finish school quickly and would appreciate any advice class...

college

jeffrey K.’s Avatar
jeffrey K. Aug 15, 2018 271 views

where do the student in the masters program for mathematics go to, like a typical classroom or meeting conference room for one on one teaching?

i noticed in the mathematics masters program at my University (UW), all the masters​ levels classes, there are only like 5 students​, sometimes 2 students. where do they go to have a lecture​s with the professor? do they just meet up with the proffsor ​at his office or in a regular big room...

mathdepartment math class classrooms professional mathematics

Brooklyn M.’s Avatar
Brooklyn M. Mar 17, 2018 3994 views

Can a student recover from failing a college class?

How many classes can a student fail before they are not able to succeed? Can a student recover from a few failed classes after retaking them and getting a better grade? What happens when you take a class that cannot be retaken because it is above 3000, but you need it to succeed? Can I...

class student-development student recover college university recovery sophomore gpa freshmen classes grades mental-health stress help failure stress-management

Zach R.’s Avatar
Zach R. Mar 15, 2018 327 views

Aboout how many classes should one expect to take in a semester in college?

Taking 6-7 classes in a row in one day for high school can be a grueling task, but I have heard that most people take far fewer in college with breaks in between. What should I expect going into freshman year? class...

freshman

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 1076 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

english novel class bad-teachers book reading student tips survival literature high-school-classes classes bad-classes essay english-literature essays novels surviving-high-school academic-english help writing student-advice advice books

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Aug 19, 2016 1563 views

How do you get over public speaking fears?

Before I give a presentation, I usually get very anxious, and even though I might be pretty prepared, I stutter and repeat the same words sometimes. What are good tips and tricks to help me improve presentation skills, and how would you give a great speech? communications communication...

personal-development class public-speaking

Kritika Z.’s Avatar
Kritika Z. Sep 04, 2016 1197 views

Can a humanities student pursue Oceanography as a career?

I'm a 11th grade humanities/arts student in CBSE board. I have recently developed an interest in Oceanography and would love to pursue a career in the field. But, can I do that if I have the Humanities Stream in school? arts oceanography geography humanities...

class

Samantha J.’s Avatar
Samantha J. May 27, 2016 919 views

What career can I have involving Chemistry?

I really liked learning about chemistry and want to find a career in it. Many have told me to go into a pharmaceutical career path, but it doesn't spark my interest. college science professor chemistry chemist...

class

Maeve K.’s Avatar
Maeve K. Apr 30, 2014 1019 views

Would you recommend taking classes over the summer for college?

I know many people that spend their college summers taking classes. Would you suggest this? I know that it can help you get ahead to graduate early or to stay on track. college classes courses summer class...

course