Career Questions tagged Summer

Okayra S.’s Avatar
Okayra S. May 11 35 views

What can I do at 16 to involve myself in real estate?

I'm 15 turning 16 this summer and will be a Junior in the upcoming school year. I'm interested in real estate and want to know if there is anything I can do this summer to further my knowledge in the field. Also if there is any job that I can do for a real estate agent at 16 this summer?...

#summer #opportunities #business #realestate

Mia D.’s Avatar
Mia D. May 05 57 views

What free and virtual summer programs related to medicine can I join as a high school student?

I want to build up my resume and extracurricular activities this summer. I want to join summer programs but they are all really expensive. Is there any free, virtual summer program that's for high school students related to the field of medicine? #high-school-students #high-school #summer...

#medicine #healthcare #doctor #summer-jobs #summer-program

Bella K.’s Avatar
Bella K. Nov 12, 2020 160 views

How can I survive an unpaid internship?

After I graduate high school, my goal is to move to NYC and do 3-4 fashion internships, which I know rarely pay at all. I would really appreciate any tips about how to not go broke living like this! #fashion #intern #internship #summer #apparel-and-fashion...

#fashion-shows

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. Jun 14, 2019 140 views

What should I take most advantage of at my writing summer programs?

I'm going to be taking a Great Books and Creative Writing summer program in a couple of weeks. I've been wondering what are some things that I should absolutely be doing to make sure I take full advantage of these programs? #writing #creative-writing...

#summer

Caitlin G.’s Avatar
Caitlin G. Jul 09, 2018 330 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 282 views

Best college summer programs for high school students?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#pre-college #summer-programs #summer

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 379 views

Best pre college summer programs?

#pre-college #summer-programs #summer

Kiara S.’s Avatar
Kiara S. May 28, 2018 448 views

Summer Break what to do?

I'm not quite sure how to spend my summer break and want to get ahead. So what should I do? Read? Study? Online-courses? #summer #preparing #summer-internship #volunteering...

#summer-programs

Mason H.’s Avatar
Mason H. May 21, 2018 226 views

What are good programming or computer science projects to do over the summer

I have few years of experience working with object oriented languages but want to know what kind of projects would really help me get better at programming or what kind of projects make me more of an appealing applicant for a college or job....

#summer

Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. May 17, 2018 299 views

What is the best way to find a summer internship?

I would like to pursue a summer internship for next year. I really have no idea how to do this and would like some input on where to look, when to apply, and anything else that would help me find a internship. I am a math major and would like an internship in this field. #summer...

#math #internships

Luis A.’s Avatar
Luis A. Feb 07, 2018 236 views

Should I take summer programs or go to Community Colleges to earn some credits?

Most of the schools that I've applied to offer summer programs that have classes and they offer college credit. Should I do that or should I just go to the CC nearby and then move for the school year? #college #summer...

#puzzled

Laney S.’s Avatar
Laney S. May 25, 2016 431 views

Are there any free or programs with scholarships that high school students can apply for to gain experience in a biology related field?

So many college summer programs cost thousands of dollars, and I really wanted to know if there were any that have reduced costs and were available for low income families. #scholarships #summer #studying #financial-aid...

#biology

Marissa B.’s Avatar
Marissa B. Apr 26, 2017 651 views

Is it to late to start interning?

I am ending my sophomore year of college and I did not apply for any internships, is it going to become more difficult when I try to apply later? #college #internships...

#summer

Galina B.’s Avatar
Galina B. Apr 14, 2017 609 views

Are there any things that you must do the summer before you go to college?

I am a senior who will be graduating in June. I already sent in most of my enrollment forms to my college and registered for freshman orientation. Is there anything else essential I should be doing this summer to prepare for my first semester of college? Is it highly recommended to intern or...

#college #volunteering #summer

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Dec 29, 2016 923 views

Whats the best way to find internships that help with post-college future jobs?

I am currently a junior in college and its time to get a REAL internship this summer, if you know what I mean. I was abroad this past fall semester and now its time to figure out how to get a job for the summer that will put my studies into action. #career-counseling #internships...

#college-majors #college-jobs #summer #intern #summer-jobs #summer-programs

Quinton Q.’s Avatar
Quinton Q. Jul 22, 2016 800 views

What can I do to stand out from the competition in order to get a job?

I'm going into my junior year of high school this summer and was wondering, when trying to get a part-time, summer job as a 16 year old, what is the best way to seem distinguished and be preferable over the competition? #job-search #high-school...

#summer

Shakuan F.’s Avatar
Shakuan F. Jul 02, 2016 581 views

Since it is too late to find internships, how else can I make my summer more "enriching?"

I never knew that many internships demand applications by early deadlines, so I now realize that it is a bit too late to find any. However, I was wondering if someone could give advice on how to get involved for the last month or two before school starts back. Thanks! #internships #internship...

#college-advice #summer

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 18, 2016 710 views

How beneficial are weeklong leadership summer camps in college applications?

I am planning on attending a few short summer programs and I was wondering if these could potentially help my college resume. #college #college-admissions #admissions #application...

#summer

Amanda T.’s Avatar
Amanda T. May 25, 2016 881 views

What are the best ways to get involved and prepared the summer before college begins?

I am going to be a freshman in college this fall, but I want to make my summer productive and meaningful so that I will start off the months before college strong. Are there any volunteer opportunities or fun ways to spend the summer months that you recommend? #college #job #volunteering...

#volunteer #summer

Makayla B.’s Avatar
Makayla B. May 22, 2016 536 views

What is the process like for starting up a summer camp program?

I am very interested in creating an art based summer camp for children some time in the future, but know very little about the logistics of it all. If anyone has experience in this field, let me know! #education #art #summer...

#camp

Conor D.’s Avatar
Conor D. May 20, 2016 536 views

Is it too late to find a summer internship?

I'm still trying to find an internship in data analytics and computer science and haven't had much luck. #science #computer #internships #application...

#summer

Allie G.’s Avatar
Allie G. May 17, 2016 659 views

Summer job options that would look good for my future career?

I would like to someday be a High School English Teacher. I'm a Junior in high school, and I was wondering if there were any summer/part-time jobs that would help me in my future career. I babysit some, and I also work in a restaurant on the weekends. #education #jobs #english #summer...

#part-time

Thu N.’s Avatar
Thu N. May 15, 2015 2266 views

What are some good high school summer internships, part-time jobs, or summer programs, specifically for people interested in Computer Science?

College is coming up very soon, and I'd love to get more familiar with the tech industry over the summer before I finalize my decision to major in CompSci. Besides online courses, is there any way I could explore CompSci or technology hands-on over the summer before senior year in high school?...

#high-school #programs #summer #computer-science #technology #internships

Quintarian H.’s Avatar
Quintarian H. Mar 02, 2015 1555 views

Would photography be a wise career path?

Hey, I'm Quin, a 10th grader at Sumner Academy. I was just wondering if being a photographer would be a wise career path because its something I would really love to do for the rest of my life. Thanks. #career #photography #life...

#summer