Career Questions tagged Summer

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. Jun 14 60 views

What should I take most advantage of at my writing summer programs?

I'm going to be taking a Great Books and Creative Writing summer program in a couple of weeks. I've been wondering what are some things that I should absolutely be doing to make sure I take full advantage of these programs? #writing #creative-writing...

#summer

Caitlin G.’s Avatar
Caitlin G. Jul 09, 2018 220 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 175 views

Best college summer programs for high school students?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#pre-college #summer #summer-programs

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 205 views

Best pre college summer programs?

#pre-college #summer #summer-programs

Kiara S.’s Avatar
Kiara S. May 28, 2018 228 views

Summer Break what to do?

I'm not quite sure how to spend my summer break and want to get ahead. So what should I do? Read? Study? Online-courses? #summer #preparing #summer-internship #volunteering...

#summer-programs

Mason H.’s Avatar
Mason H. May 21, 2018 149 views

What are good programming or computer science projects to do over the summer

I have few years of experience working with object oriented languages but want to know what kind of projects would really help me get better at programming or what kind of projects make me more of an appealing applicant for a college or job....

#summer

Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. May 17, 2018 179 views

What is the best way to find a summer internship?

I would like to pursue a summer internship for next year. I really have no idea how to do this and would like some input on where to look, when to apply, and anything else that would help me find a internship. I am a math major and would like an internship in this field. #summer...

#internships #math

Luis A.’s Avatar
Luis A. Feb 07, 2018 161 views

Should I take summer programs or go to Community Colleges to earn some credits?

Most of the schools that I've applied to offer summer programs that have classes and they offer college credit. Should I do that or should I just go to the CC nearby and then move for the school year? #college #summer...

#puzzled

Laney S.’s Avatar
Laney S. May 25, 2016 370 views

Are there any free or programs with scholarships that high school students can apply for to gain experience in a biology related field?

So many college summer programs cost thousands of dollars, and I really wanted to know if there were any that have reduced costs and were available for low income families. #scholarships #summer #studying #financial-aid...

#biology

Marissa B.’s Avatar
Marissa B. Apr 26, 2017 546 views

Is it to late to start interning?

I am ending my sophomore year of college and I did not apply for any internships, is it going to become more difficult when I try to apply later? #college #internships...

#summer

Galina B.’s Avatar
Galina B. Apr 14, 2017 473 views

Are there any things that you must do the summer before you go to college?

I am a senior who will be graduating in June. I already sent in most of my enrollment forms to my college and registered for freshman orientation. Is there anything else essential I should be doing this summer to prepare for my first semester of college? Is it highly recommended to intern or...

#college #volunteering #summer

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Dec 29, 2016 791 views

Whats the best way to find internships that help with post-college future jobs?

I am currently a junior in college and its time to get a REAL internship this summer, if you know what I mean. I was abroad this past fall semester and now its time to figure out how to get a job for the summer that will put my studies into action. #career-counseling #internships...

#intern #college-majors #summer-jobs #summer #college-jobs #summer-programs

Quinton Q.’s Avatar
Quinton Q. Jul 22, 2016 672 views

What can I do to stand out from the competition in order to get a job?

I'm going into my junior year of high school this summer and was wondering, when trying to get a part-time, summer job as a 16 year old, what is the best way to seem distinguished and be preferable over the competition? #job-search #high-school...

#summer

Shakuan F.’s Avatar
Shakuan F. Jul 02, 2016 508 views

Since it is too late to find internships, how else can I make my summer more "enriching?"

I never knew that many internships demand applications by early deadlines, so I now realize that it is a bit too late to find any. However, I was wondering if someone could give advice on how to get involved for the last month or two before school starts back. Thanks! #internships #internship...

#summer #college-advice

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 18, 2016 605 views

How beneficial are weeklong leadership summer camps in college applications?

I am planning on attending a few short summer programs and I was wondering if these could potentially help my college resume. #college #college-admissions #admissions #application...

#summer

Amanda T.’s Avatar
Amanda T. May 25, 2016 732 views

What are the best ways to get involved and prepared the summer before college begins?

I am going to be a freshman in college this fall, but I want to make my summer productive and meaningful so that I will start off the months before college strong. Are there any volunteer opportunities or fun ways to spend the summer months that you recommend? #college #job #volunteering...

#summer #volunteer

Makayla B.’s Avatar
Makayla B. May 22, 2016 440 views

What is the process like for starting up a summer camp program?

I am very interested in creating an art based summer camp for children some time in the future, but know very little about the logistics of it all. If anyone has experience in this field, let me know! #education #art #summer...

#camp

Conor D.’s Avatar
Conor D. May 20, 2016 440 views

Is it too late to find a summer internship?

I'm still trying to find an internship in data analytics and computer science and haven't had much luck. #science #computer #internships #application...

#summer

Allie G.’s Avatar
Allie G. May 17, 2016 544 views

Summer job options that would look good for my future career?

I would like to someday be a High School English Teacher. I'm a Junior in high school, and I was wondering if there were any summer/part-time jobs that would help me in my future career. I babysit some, and I also work in a restaurant on the weekends. #education #jobs #english #summer...

#part-time

Thu N.’s Avatar
Thu N. May 15, 2015 2009 views

What are some good high school summer internships, part-time jobs, or summer programs, specifically for people interested in Computer Science?

College is coming up very soon, and I'd love to get more familiar with the tech industry over the summer before I finalize my decision to major in CompSci. Besides online courses, is there any way I could explore CompSci or technology hands-on over the summer before senior year in high school?...

#internships #summer #computer-science #technology #programs #high-school

Quintarian H.’s Avatar
Quintarian H. Mar 02, 2015 1368 views

Would photography be a wise career path?

Hey, I'm Quin, a 10th grader at Sumner Academy. I was just wondering if being a photographer would be a wise career path because its something I would really love to do for the rest of my life. Thanks. #career #photography #life...

#summer

Lexy  G.’s Avatar
Lexy G. Feb 27, 2015 617 views

Is it better to do a summer program or apply for an internship?

Hello, My name is Lexy, I am a junior in high school, and I want to go into the medical field. I want to do something this summer in order to get ready for college. I was debating whether to do a summer program or apply for an internship instead, I am searching for some opinions on which is...

#program #medicine #internship #summer #high-school

Maeve K.’s Avatar
Maeve K. Apr 30, 2014 786 views

Would you recommend taking classes over the summer for college?

I know many people that spend their college summers taking classes. Would you suggest this? I know that it can help you get ahead to graduate early or to stay on track. #college #classes #courses #summer #class...

#course

Maeve K.’s Avatar
Maeve K. Apr 29, 2014 659 views

Is it possible to study abroad during the summer?

I'm not sure if I want to study abroad during the school year. Are there colleges that offer study abroad programs in the summer or during school breaks like winter break? #travel #study-abroad...

#summer

Maeve K.’s Avatar
Maeve K. Apr 29, 2014 1034 views

What should you do over the summer when you are in college?

What are your suggestions for summers during your college years. Should you look for a job or find an internship. #job...

#summer

Julea P.’s Avatar
Julea P. Sep 30, 2013 1330 views

Did you have an internship in high school? For marketing people please.

I'm really interested in working in marketing, and my school said that I should try to get an internship in the summer. But I have plans for camp in the summers and I don't know if I can do an internship. Do I really need an internship? For people who work in marketing, did you have an...

#marketing #pr #internship #summer