Career Questions tagged Piano

Núria’s Avatar
Núria Mar 16, 2021 231 views

Is it feasible to do a degree in Law and a higher degree in piano performance?

I am an IB student and I would like to study Law at university. I also study piano at the conservatory and I would like to dedicate myself to it, so I do the Higher Degree in Interpretation. Is it possible to do both? #ib #piano #law

Caleb’s Avatar
Caleb Jan 16, 2018 405 views

As a pianist, how much practice time should I put in on pieces for other people vs. My own lesson rep?

I'm a music education freshman and have picked up some accompanying jobs. I'm just wondering, in general, how much time should be spent on those pieces?

#music #music-education #piano #pianist

Samuel ’s Avatar
Samuel Jul 18, 2016 1471 views

What are some good ways to get involved in STEM related volunteering?

I really teaching kids about technology and how things worked. I give a lot of credit to my mentors growing who showed me the ways of model rocketry and soldering. Are there some well known STEM volunteer groups out there? Do you think it would be alright to just volunteer on the weekends...

Manon’s Avatar
Manon May 25, 2016 599 views

What types of job opportunities are available for a concert pianist?

I am currently a rising high school senior, and I am looking into possibly minoring in piano, or maybe even majoring. I deeply love playing the piano - it is my passion to play it for the rest of my life. I am very worried, however, that I will not be able to find a job if I were to pursue my...

Anina’s Avatar
Anina May 02, 2016 1366 views

How do you train to become a professional pianist, like the kind that play at weddings?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior interning at CareerVillage. It's always been my mother's dream for me to be the one playing Canon in D during a wedding. It made me wonder what the process is to becoming a wedding musician. Do you need to have any kind of certificate or...

Bakkiyalakshmi’s Avatar
Bakkiyalakshmi Apr 27, 2016 519 views

what are the department under the study about english

my favorite subject is english #dentistry #piano