Career Questions tagged Classical Music

Abbey’s Avatar
Abbey May 18, 2018 634 views

What "unknown" jobs are there in the classical music industry?

I'm a classical pianist, and I want to be a concert pianist. However, I know competition is tough, so I wanted to know what other options I have in the classical music industry besides the usual suspects (teaching and accompanying).
#music #musician #music-industry #classical-music

Manon’s Avatar
Manon May 25, 2016 629 views

What types of job opportunities are available for a concert pianist?

I am currently a rising high school senior, and I am looking into possibly minoring in piano, or maybe even majoring. I deeply love playing the piano - it is my passion to play it for the rest of my life. I am very worried, however, that I will not be able to find a job if I were to pursue my...

Gwen ’s Avatar
Gwen May 24, 2016 639 views

What do orchestral conductors look for in a musician?

I play the flute, and know that it is a competitive world out there for us flautists. How can I stand above the rest, besides my playing skills? Should I learn to play the piccolo just as well as the flute for better chances? #orchestral-music #classical-music #orchestra #flute

Lauren’s Avatar
Lauren May 19, 2016 831 views

How do you go about finding gigs as a classical percussionist?

Performance BM #music #musician #orchestral-music #classical-music #marimba #percussion #xylophone