Career Questions tagged Orchestral Music

Lorenzo D.’s Avatar
Lorenzo D. Sep 01, 2017 224 views

Which classes in college would be best for performing music?

I've been in orchestra for almost 6 years, and I know that i want this to be a career choice of mine. I just need assistance for completing my future career. Thank you. #orchestra...

#orchestral-music

Juliana H.’s Avatar
Juliana H. Jun 14, 2016 696 views

What is your advice on getting into a professional orchestra in the US or Europe?

Hi! I'm a high school cellist and my dream job would be to play in a professional orchestra, but I know how competitive the audition process is. Do any successful musicians have any advice to make my chance of achieving this dream as high as possible? #music #music-performance...

#orchestral-music

Juliana H.’s Avatar
Juliana H. Jun 14, 2016 1886 views

What are some good universities for a cello performance major?

Hi, I'm in high school and I would like to major in cello performance in college and eventually make a career out of music. Does anyone know any schools that are especially good for this? Thanks! #education #music #music-performance #orchestral-music...

#playing-cello

Gwen  C.’s Avatar
Gwen C. May 24, 2016 452 views

What do orchestral conductors look for in a musician?

I play the flute, and know that it is a competitive world out there for us flautists. How can I stand above the rest, besides my playing skills? Should I learn to play the piccolo just as well as the flute for better chances? #orchestral-music #classical-music #orchestra...

#flute

Charlotte S.’s Avatar
Charlotte S. May 18, 2016 935 views

When playing in an orchestra at a high level of experience, say The Juilliard School sort of experience, are there times where the players would need to memorize songs/ play without a conductor?

I am going to try to get into The Juilliard school and if I do happen to get in, I am wondering what I might expect at that level of playing. Not just from that school but also from other orchestras that play at that level. #music...

#orchestral-music

Vanessa C.’s Avatar
Vanessa C. May 14, 2016 3486 views

Is it possible to mix music and physics in your career?

I have a real passion for physics and music (notably theoretical and orchestra, respectively). I'm curious for what jobs mix the two. #music #physics #occupation #theoretical #orchestral-music...

#orchestra