Career Questions tagged Theoretical

Yong Kook’s Avatar
Yong Kook Apr 17, 2017 873 views

Where would you go if you were to go study abroad?

Think about the environment that you particularly like about the place you want to go study abroad. This will help people to understand their personalities and learning styles. #travel #japan #study-abroad #theoretical

Hashir’s Avatar
Hashir Nov 03, 2016 921 views

Should I major in theoretical mathematics or applied mathematics in undergraduate?

I've taken both theoretical and applied math courses, but I was wondering what the different prospects in terms of career paths there are from one versus the other? #career #career-path #mathematics #undergraduate #applied-mathematics #theoretical

Carter’s Avatar
Carter May 18, 2016 1865 views

What jobs are available to Theoretical Astrophysicists and where are they most commonly located?

I am a high school senior, and will attend a four-year college starting in the fall with declared majors in Physics and Astronomy. My ultimate goal is to earn a PhD in Theoretical Astrophysics. Rather than performing research, per se, I like to think and to be around those who have the...

Carter’s Avatar
Carter May 18, 2016 733 views

What computer programming language(s) and/or computing environments are most critical for theoretical astrophysicists?

I am a senior in high school and will graduate from high school in a few weeks. This fall, I start college and will double-major in physics and astronomy. My ultimate goal is to earn a PhD in Theoretical Astrophysics. While an undergraduate, it is imperative for me to gain computer...

Carter’s Avatar
Carter May 18, 2016 712 views

How can I improve my chances of being accepted into graduate school for Theoretical Astrophysics?

I am a high school senior, graduating in a few weeks. I am entering a four-year college this fall, double-majoring in Physics and Astronomy. My ultimate goal is to earn a PhD in Theoretical Astrophysics. #phd #astrophysics #theoretical

Vanessa’s Avatar
Vanessa May 14, 2016 4285 views

Is it possible to mix music and physics in your career?

I have a real passion for physics and music (notably theoretical and orchestra, respectively). I'm curious for what jobs mix the two. #music #physics #occupation #theoretical #orchestral-music #orchestra

Vanessa’s Avatar
Vanessa May 14, 2016 632 views

What are some job options for someone with a degree in theoretical physics?

I'm going to university next year and hope to get a degree in physics, notably theoretical, and I really have no idea what jobs could also include my passion in it! #university #physics #occupation #theoretical