Career Questions tagged Space

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26 37 views

How do I get involved in bioastronautics?

I am a rising senior and I have always been interested in space. I was wondering how does one enter the field of bioastronautics? What kind of degree should I be getting? #space #astronomy #college #scientist #bioastronautics #research...

#july20

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26 60 views

What is it like being a scientist working for a space agency?

Currently, I am looking into possibly pursuing a science degree and work at a space agency. What kind of work do you do at a space agency like NASA? #astronomy #space #science #july20 #career #astronomer #scientist #nasa...

#csa

Nobody I.’s Avatar
Nobody I. Dec 09, 2019 127 views

What job would be the most fulfilling for me?

I like plants, animals, space exploration, and music. #music #job #space #singer #animals...

#plants

Marina G.’s Avatar
Marina G. Jan 20, 2018 213 views

Will I make a difference by working as a scientist in NASA?

In a male dominated fields such as NASA, I want to be a leader in this area. I feel working in space exploration will help solve many of the problems on earth by discovery of new resources and providing greater world security. I want to be part of the future in exploring new world...

#science #nasa #technology #astronomy #scientist #space #engineering

Eevie F.’s Avatar
Eevie F. Mar 26, 2019 155 views
Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 637 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. #college #high-school #low-income-area #workforce #steam #stem #science...

#medicine #pharmaceuticals #career #astrophysics #astronomy #engineering #forensics #planetary-science #math #advice #space #technology #space-exploration

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Aug 27, 2018 254 views

Is space exploration a foreseeable sight within the near future?

Space exploration has always fascinated me, but space exploration, or at least chatter pertaining to space exploration, has dulled immeasurably in the past few years. Have we given up on manned space expeditions? #astronomy #space #nasa #physics...

#astrophysics

Violet M.’s Avatar
Violet M. Aug 18, 2018 189 views
Nikita D.’s Avatar
Nikita D. Aug 08, 2018 273 views

How do I become a part of the space industry?

Hi. I am a computer engineer from India. I have always wanted to make a career in astronomy/space. I am aware there are basically two paths: The phd path through which I become an astronomer but working in academia doesn't attract me so much, I am also aware that there aren't many positions...

#isu #astronomy #astrophysics #rockets #astronomers #datascience #space #technology

Genaro Z.’s Avatar
Genaro Z. Jan 16, 2018 240 views

If i wanted to be an Astronaut, what Fields would be best to study for?

I have always dreamt of becoming an Astronaut and going into Space since I was a little kid. Though, I know that I could go my whole Life and not live to see the day when I am floating in a space station and spitting water orbs around. So, I want to pick a field that could easily be implemented...

#astronaut #astronomy #space #engineering

Anneke A.’s Avatar
Anneke A. Jan 10, 2018 262 views

What degree(s) should you get in college if you are interested in working at NASA mission control?

I'm a 9th grader that is curious about space and am interested in any job relating to mission control. #nasa #missioncontrol #space...

#astronomy

Xitlalic C.’s Avatar
Xitlalic C. Oct 30, 2017 411 views

What is it like to be working in Nasa?

I am asking this because i think that's really cool. Do you guys go out like the astronauts? #science #nasa...

#space

Xavier L.’s Avatar
Xavier L. Oct 23, 2016 497 views
Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. May 07, 2017 737 views

If I am interested in having a career related to space and ideally NASA, what would be the best approach be as a undergraduate rising junior?

I am already pursuing a degree in the health sciences, and I am interested in pursuing another degree, particularly one related to space. I would like some advice on the best way to pursue this interest. #astronomy #space #academic-advisor...

#college-professor

ashley P.’s Avatar
ashley P. Mar 22, 2017 476 views

when you become an astronomer what else can you do if for example you work with NASA?

i really want to become an astronomer but i want to know what else do they do #science #astronomy #space...

#planetary-science

Georgia M.’s Avatar
Georgia M. Oct 24, 2016 533 views

What's a day in the life like of an astronomer?

I don't know what they do on a daily basis. #astronomy...

#space

Georgia M.’s Avatar
Georgia M. Oct 24, 2016 585 views

Will I be able to work at NASA with a degree in physics?

My dream is to do research at NASA and I was wondering if majoring in Physics and getting a minor in astronomy would be a good idea. #physics #astronomy #space...

#nasa

Jaycie B.’s Avatar
Jaycie B. Oct 24, 2016 471 views

I'm interested in black holes. Is is better to go into Space Science or Planetary Science?

I always thought it would be planetary science, but now that I'm looking into them both more, I'm not sure. #astronomy #space...

#planetary-science

Amit C.’s Avatar
Amit C. Oct 08, 2016 425 views
CHLOE mgr H.’s Avatar
CHLOE mgr H. Jun 24, 2016 960 views
CHLOE mgr H.’s Avatar
CHLOE mgr H. Jun 24, 2016 363 views

What is neutrinos? Where is it?

I want to know about it for my career. Please tell me. #research #physics #life-sciences...

#space

shanti K.’s Avatar
shanti K. Jun 23, 2016 326 views

what are the career Options in NASA?

I want to work for NASA and make a career in space science? #science #engineer #scientist #space...

#nasa

Usman K.’s Avatar
Usman K. May 22, 2016 554 views

What fields of engineering would be useful for jobs involving space/space technology?

With big plans for space from some companies such as SpaceX and the general awe of space itself, it would be nice to knowwhat engineering fields would be involved. #engineering #career...

#space

Carter W.’s Avatar
Carter W. May 18, 2016 1111 views

What jobs are available to Theoretical Astrophysicists and where are they most commonly located?

I am a high school senior, and will attend a four-year college starting in the fall with declared majors in Physics and Astronomy. My ultimate goal is to earn a PhD in Theoretical Astrophysics. Rather than performing research, per se, I like to think and to be around those who have the...

#science #theoretical #phd #astrophysics #space #physics

Caitlin V.’s Avatar
Caitlin V. Apr 13, 2016 1934 views

What is it like working for NASA on a day to day basis?

I am a fifteen year old sophomore in high school and I have always been fascinated in space technology and NASA, in general. My parents and I traveled to Washington D.C. about two years ago, and one of my favorite places was Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum. I was completely blown...

#science #aerospace #astronomy #astrophysics #nasa #robotics #space #technology

Jesus M.’s Avatar
Jesus M. Mar 23, 2015 714 views