How do I get involved in bioastronautics?

I am a rising senior and I have always been interested in space. I was wondering how does one enter the field of bioastronautics? What kind of degree should I be getting?

#space #astronomy #college #scientist #bioastronautics #research #july20

Hi Emily, I changed your title slightly to make it clear as to what you are asking. Hopefully you get some advice soon! Gurpreet Lally

2

Lucas’s Answer

Hello! I would recommend focusing on the "space" part of the degree for your major- this is more specialized and rare then the "bio" part of the degree would be. There are multiple ways to get involved with the space part of that major- I would recommend going an aeronautics engineering route with a minor in biology. This is a difficult combination, but if you are able to do it it seems like it would accomplish your degree goals!

0

Devin’s Answer

I agree with Lucas - aerospace engineering is a solid degree to open the door to private space companies (e.g., SpaceX, Blue Origin). One tactical way to approach this is to use LinkedIn to search for people doing work in the area you're interested in and see what their educational background is.

0

Lucas’s Answer

0