Career Questions tagged Astronomy

Francheska A.’s Avatar
Francheska A. Jun 27, 2021 158 views
Natalie B.’s Avatar
Natalie B. Jun 01, 2021 428 views

What should I know about studying physics?

I love learning, math, and science. I am more interested in physics or astrophysics than I am in biological sciences. Is a physics major or degree worth it? What should I do in high school to prepare for studying physics? What are some extracurriculars that can get me involved in the subject?...

Divine D.’s Avatar
Divine D. May 14, 2021 214 views

Is astronomy oky for me

I don't like thinking hard I like simple things #astronomy

Luyanda M.’s Avatar
Luyanda M. Apr 16, 2021 503 views

what do i need to know to study astronomy

i love the stars. and reading about space facts and theories. #career #career-counseling #astronomy #high school

Emel C.’s Avatar
Emel C. Mar 02, 2021 349 views

What do you know about the dynamical systems theory?

It seems interesting and I want to study a sociology or astronomy application of it.
#mathematics #sociology #astronomy #astrophysics #cosmology

Ben W.’s Avatar
Ben W. Feb 16, 2021 238 views

What is an average week's workload in the field of Astronomy?

I am currently a sophomore exploring different career paths. #astronomy #career-path

Emma C.’s Avatar
Emma C. Dec 21, 2020 289 views

whats the best way to prepare myself to teach? and be confidant in it?

I'm a student at box elder high. I like the idea of becoming a teacher. I enjoy and also am considering teaching astronomy, earth science, or even science in general. I do struggle being confidant when I am describing things to others which is kinda a big deal sense that's a big part of the...

Emma C.’s Avatar
Emma C. Dec 21, 2020 227 views

why should I not want to be a teacher

I'm a student a box elder high in Utah. I'm interested in the idea of teaching earth science, science in general, art maybe, but most of all astronomy! The ages I'm thinking of teaching are around 6th up till high school. #teacher #astronomy

Alex Butler’s Avatar
Alex B. Nov 19, 2020 380 views

How do you begin the graduate school search as a physics major?

I am a current junior in college planning to graduate next year, and am looking for advice on how to begin the search for schools. #career-path #physics #graduateschool #gradschool #application #school #college #astronomy #junior

Owen T.’s Avatar
Owen T. Nov 18, 2020 312 views

Should I take up astronomy

I have been thinking about joining the STEM community through Astronomy and Physics as a future career. From what I have heard It is a very competitive and difficult career to get. Being a scientist has been a recurring passion. It wasn't until a few days ago I have actually considered...

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26, 2020 315 views

What is it like being a scientist working for a space agency?

Currently, I am looking into possibly pursuing a science degree and work at a space agency. What kind of work do you do at a space agency like NASA?

#astronomy #space #science #JULY20 #career #astronomer #scientist #nasa #CSA

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26, 2020 372 views

How do I get involved in bioastronautics?

I am a rising senior and I have always been interested in space. I was wondering how does one enter the field of bioastronautics? What kind of degree should I be getting?

#space #astronomy #college #scientist #bioastronautics #research #JULY20

Jorden C.’s Avatar
Jorden C. Apr 30, 2020 249 views

How do you become a astronaut /piloting spacecraft?

I have always been interested in space and going to space. #astronomy

M K.’s Avatar
M K. Apr 06, 2019 425 views

How can I find internships in astrophysics research i am a CSE engineering student?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of college. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. I am presently enrolled into Engineering (CSE) 2nd year but I always wanted to be an astrophysist , due to various...

Sael S.’s Avatar
Sael S. Mar 31, 2019 307 views

I need to do an Interview to an astronomer

If you are an astronomer please send me a message by whatsapp: (removed by an admin)

#astronomy

Ria F.’s Avatar
Ria F. Mar 18, 2019 309 views

What is a typical day when working as an astrophysicist?

Common tasks
Work schedule
Work environment
#astrophysics #astronomy

Mary O.’s Avatar
Mary O. Sep 05, 2018 417 views

What is a day in the life of an astronomer involve?

What does an astronomer as a daily routine. Like an astronomer that looks up at the stars.
#astronomy #science #stars

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 968 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. #college #high-school #low-income-area #workforce #steam #stem #science...

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Aug 27, 2018 514 views

Is space exploration a foreseeable sight within the near future?

Space exploration has always fascinated me, but space exploration, or at least chatter pertaining to space exploration, has dulled immeasurably in the past few years. Have we given up on manned space expeditions? #astronomy #space #nasa #physics #astrophysics

Najla K.’s Avatar
Najla K. Aug 26, 2018 478 views

For someone who doesn’t know what they want or expect from their future, what advice can you give?

I’ve never really had a professional interest in subjects. Yes, I enjoy leaning about the unknown so astronomy and marine biology would seem too of my list but, is that what is meant for me? Though I enjoy the subject, I’m not sure if that’s the path I should be taking. #undecided #astronomy...

Hanana F.’s Avatar
Hanana F. Aug 10, 2018 533 views

Educationally, what do astronauts really need to know?

Becoming an astronaut is really challenging. Sometimes it really makes me confused about what an astronaut needs to know, I know they need to be physically fit, meet the requirements for some tests, and other; but, what do they need to really study and train? #astronaut #astrophysics...

Nikita D.’s Avatar
Nikita D. Aug 08, 2018 556 views

How do I become a part of the space industry?

Hi. I am a computer engineer from India. I have always wanted to make a career in astronomy/space. I am aware there are basically two paths: The phd path through which I become an astronomer but working in academia doesn't attract me so much, I am also aware that there aren't many positions...