Career Questions tagged Astronomy

Emma C.’s Avatar
Emma C. Dec 21, 2020 77 views

whats the best way to prepare myself to teach? and be confidant in it?

I'm a student at box elder high. I like the idea of becoming a teacher. I enjoy and also am considering teaching astronomy, earth science, or even science in general. I do struggle being confidant when I am describing things to others which is kinda a big deal sense that's a big part of the...

#teaching #astronomy

Emma C.’s Avatar
Emma C. Dec 21, 2020 68 views

why should I not want to be a teacher

I'm a student a box elder high in Utah. I'm interested in the idea of teaching earth science, science in general, art maybe, but most of all astronomy! The ages I'm thinking of teaching are around 6th up till high school. #teacher...

#astronomy

Alex Butler’s Avatar
Alex B. Nov 19, 2020 108 views

How do you begin the graduate school search as a physics major?

I am a current junior in college planning to graduate next year, and am looking for advice on how to begin the search for schools. #career-path #physics #graduateschool #gradschool #application #school #college #astronomy...

#junior

Owen T.’s Avatar
Owen T. Nov 18, 2020 105 views

Should I take up astronomy

I have been thinking about joining the STEM community through Astronomy and Physics as a future career. From what I have heard It is a very competitive and difficult career to get. Being a scientist has been a recurring passion. It wasn't until a few days ago I have actually considered...

#stem #astronomy #college #physics #career #career-counseling

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26, 2020 96 views

How do I get involved in bioastronautics?

I am a rising senior and I have always been interested in space. I was wondering how does one enter the field of bioastronautics? What kind of degree should I be getting? #space #astronomy #college #scientist #bioastronautics #research...

#july20

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26, 2020 131 views

What is it like being a scientist working for a space agency?

Currently, I am looking into possibly pursuing a science degree and work at a space agency. What kind of work do you do at a space agency like NASA? #astronomy #space #science #july20 #career #astronomer #scientist #nasa...

#csa

Jorden C.’s Avatar
Jorden C. Apr 30, 2020 107 views

How do you become a astronaut /piloting spacecraft?

I have always been interested in space and going to space....

#astronomy

Marina G.’s Avatar
Marina G. Jan 20, 2018 275 views

Will I make a difference by working as a scientist in NASA?

In a male dominated fields such as NASA, I want to be a leader in this area. I feel working in space exploration will help solve many of the problems on earth by discovery of new resources and providing greater world security. I want to be part of the future in exploring new world...

#science #engineering #space #scientist #astronomy #technology #nasa

M K.’s Avatar
M K. Apr 06, 2019 210 views

How can I find internships in astrophysics research i am a CSE engineering student?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of college. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. I am presently enrolled into Engineering (CSE) 2nd year but I always wanted to be an astrophysist , due to various...

#astrophysics #science #physics #astronomy

Sael S.’s Avatar
Sael S. Mar 31, 2019 135 views

I need to do an Interview to an astronomer

If you are an astronomer please send me a message by whatsapp: (removed by an admin)...

#astronomy

Ria F.’s Avatar
Ria F. Mar 18, 2019 165 views

What is a typical day when working as an astrophysicist?

Common tasks Work schedule Work environment #astrophysics...

#astronomy

Gordon K.’s Avatar
Gordon K. Mar 12, 2019 160 views
Gordon K.’s Avatar
Gordon K. Mar 12, 2019 166 views
Mary O.’s Avatar
Mary O. Sep 05, 2018 253 views

What is a day in the life of an astronomer involve?

What does an astronomer as a daily routine. Like an astronomer that looks up at the stars. #astronomy #science...

#stars

Jonah O.’s Avatar
Jonah O. Aug 29, 2018 281 views
Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 697 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. #college #high-school #low-income-area #workforce #steam #stem #science...

#astrophysics #planetary-science #technology #medicine #career #math #space-exploration #advice #engineering #space #forensics #astronomy #pharmaceuticals

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Aug 27, 2018 317 views

Is space exploration a foreseeable sight within the near future?

Space exploration has always fascinated me, but space exploration, or at least chatter pertaining to space exploration, has dulled immeasurably in the past few years. Have we given up on manned space expeditions? #astronomy #space #nasa #physics...

#astrophysics

Najla K.’s Avatar
Najla K. Aug 26, 2018 258 views

For someone who doesn’t know what they want or expect from their future, what advice can you give?

I’ve never really had a professional interest in subjects. Yes, I enjoy leaning about the unknown so astronomy and marine biology would seem too of my list but, is that what is meant for me? Though I enjoy the subject, I’m not sure if that’s the path I should be taking. #undecided #astronomy...

#marine #biology #unknown #advice

Hanana F.’s Avatar
Hanana F. Aug 10, 2018 349 views

Educationally, what do astronauts really need to know?

Becoming an astronaut is really challenging. Sometimes it really makes me confused about what an astronaut needs to know, I know they need to be physically fit, meet the requirements for some tests, and other; but, what do they need to really study and train? #astronaut #astrophysics...

#career-path #astronomy

Nikita D.’s Avatar
Nikita D. Aug 08, 2018 338 views

How do I become a part of the space industry?

Hi. I am a computer engineer from India. I have always wanted to make a career in astronomy/space. I am aware there are basically two paths: The phd path through which I become an astronomer but working in academia doesn't attract me so much, I am also aware that there aren't many positions...

#astronomy #astrophysics #astronomers #technology #isu #rockets #space #datascience

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018 314 views

How do I get an internship at NASA?

I'll start with: I'm an international student. I'm currently in First Year Engineering and I'm planning to do Aero and Astro. My gpa is kind of bad at the moment but I'm working on it. Is there anything I can do apart from increasing my GPA to get an internship at NASA? #internship #nasa...

#technology #astronomy #aerospace

Gabriel P.’s Avatar
Gabriel P. Sep 01, 2017 395 views

What is the best way to get a job at NASA?

I am planning on majoring in Astronomy and Astrophysics in college and I would like to know the best way to get a job at NASA. #astronomy #astrophysics...

#nasa

Tory M.’s Avatar
Tory M. Jul 13, 2018 247 views
Genaro Z.’s Avatar
Genaro Z. Jan 16, 2018 284 views

If i wanted to be an Astronaut, what Fields would be best to study for?

I have always dreamt of becoming an Astronaut and going into Space since I was a little kid. Though, I know that I could go my whole Life and not live to see the day when I am floating in a space station and spitting water orbs around. So, I want to pick a field that could easily be implemented...

#engineering #astronaut #space #astronomy

Sage B.’s Avatar
Sage B. Jan 16, 2018 428 views

What are the different branches of Astronomy that I can go into?

That is the career I would like to go into, so knowing what I can do to be prepared would be very helpful. #astronomy #aerospace #science #stem...

#physics

Sage B.’s Avatar
Sage B. Jan 16, 2018 495 views

What is the best way to get involved in Astronomy at a young age?

That is the career I would like to go into, so knowing what I can do to be prepared would be very helpful. #astronomy...

#science

Cody B.’s Avatar
Cody B. Jan 16, 2018 277 views

Research opportunities for physics/astronomy?

What kind of jobs can I get into after college that will allow me to research astrophysics/astronomy? I don't want to teach, I'd rather research and publish scientific papers. #astrophysics #science #physics #research...

#astronomy