Career Questions tagged Astronomy

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26 37 views

How do I get involved in bioastronautics?

I am a rising senior and I have always been interested in space. I was wondering how does one enter the field of bioastronautics? What kind of degree should I be getting? #space #astronomy #college #scientist #bioastronautics #research...

#july20

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26 52 views

What is it like being a scientist working for a space agency?

Currently, I am looking into possibly pursuing a science degree and work at a space agency. What kind of work do you do at a space agency like NASA? #astronomy #space #science #july20 #career #astronomer #scientist #nasa...

#csa

Jorden C.’s Avatar
Jorden C. Apr 30 70 views

How do you become a astronaut /piloting spacecraft?

I have always been interested in space and going to space....

#astronomy

Marina G.’s Avatar
Marina G. Jan 20, 2018 213 views

Will I make a difference by working as a scientist in NASA?

In a male dominated fields such as NASA, I want to be a leader in this area. I feel working in space exploration will help solve many of the problems on earth by discovery of new resources and providing greater world security. I want to be part of the future in exploring new world...

#space #astronomy #science #technology #nasa #engineering #scientist

M K.’s Avatar
M K. Apr 06, 2019 170 views

How can I find internships in astrophysics research i am a CSE engineering student?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of college. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. I am presently enrolled into Engineering (CSE) 2nd year but I always wanted to be an astrophysist , due to various...

#physics #astrophysics #science #astronomy

Sael S.’s Avatar
Sael S. Mar 31, 2019 110 views

I need to do an Interview to an astronomer

If you are an astronomer please send me a message by whatsapp: (removed by an admin)...

#astronomy

Ria F.’s Avatar
Ria F. Mar 18, 2019 123 views

What is a typical day when working as an astrophysicist?

Common tasks Work schedule Work environment #astrophysics...

#astronomy

Gordon K.’s Avatar
Gordon K. Mar 12, 2019 118 views
Gordon K.’s Avatar
Gordon K. Mar 12, 2019 134 views
Sheila C.’s Avatar
Sheila C. Jan 09, 2019 179 views

Is astrology like learning a religion since it is not proven by science?

I am a Junior in high school and I am interested in astrology. First, I had a hard time telling the difference between astronomy and astrology until I saw that astrology was not proven by science. I wonder since it's not proven by science, what and how would people be learning in that field....

#astrology #science #astronomy

Mary O.’s Avatar
Mary O. Sep 05, 2018 192 views

What is a day in the life of an astronomer involve?

What does an astronomer as a daily routine. Like an astronomer that looks up at the stars. #astronomy #science...

#stars

Jonah O.’s Avatar
Jonah O. Aug 29, 2018 245 views
Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 637 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. #college #high-school #low-income-area #workforce #steam #stem #science...

#pharmaceuticals #space #astrophysics #planetary-science #advice #space-exploration #technology #engineering #medicine #forensics #career #math #astronomy

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Aug 27, 2018 254 views

Is space exploration a foreseeable sight within the near future?

Space exploration has always fascinated me, but space exploration, or at least chatter pertaining to space exploration, has dulled immeasurably in the past few years. Have we given up on manned space expeditions? #astronomy #space #nasa #physics...

#astrophysics

Najla K.’s Avatar
Najla K. Aug 26, 2018 216 views

For someone who doesn’t know what they want or expect from their future, what advice can you give?

I’ve never really had a professional interest in subjects. Yes, I enjoy leaning about the unknown so astronomy and marine biology would seem too of my list but, is that what is meant for me? Though I enjoy the subject, I’m not sure if that’s the path I should be taking. #undecided #astronomy...

#advice #unknown #marine #biology

Hanana F.’s Avatar
Hanana F. Aug 10, 2018 309 views

Educationally, what do astronauts really need to know?

Becoming an astronaut is really challenging. Sometimes it really makes me confused about what an astronaut needs to know, I know they need to be physically fit, meet the requirements for some tests, and other; but, what do they need to really study and train? #astronaut #astrophysics...

#career-path #astronomy

Nikita D.’s Avatar
Nikita D. Aug 08, 2018 272 views

How do I become a part of the space industry?

Hi. I am a computer engineer from India. I have always wanted to make a career in astronomy/space. I am aware there are basically two paths: The phd path through which I become an astronomer but working in academia doesn't attract me so much, I am also aware that there aren't many positions...

#space #astrophysics #rockets #isu #technology #datascience #astronomers #astronomy

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018 279 views

How do I get an internship at NASA?

I'll start with: I'm an international student. I'm currently in First Year Engineering and I'm planning to do Aero and Astro. My gpa is kind of bad at the moment but I'm working on it. Is there anything I can do apart from increasing my GPA to get an internship at NASA? #internship #nasa...

#technology #aerospace #astronomy

Gabriel P.’s Avatar
Gabriel P. Sep 01, 2017 364 views

What is the best way to get a job at NASA?

I am planning on majoring in Astronomy and Astrophysics in college and I would like to know the best way to get a job at NASA. #astronomy #astrophysics...

#nasa

Tory M.’s Avatar
Tory M. Jul 13, 2018 196 views
Genaro Z.’s Avatar
Genaro Z. Jan 16, 2018 240 views

If i wanted to be an Astronaut, what Fields would be best to study for?

I have always dreamt of becoming an Astronaut and going into Space since I was a little kid. Though, I know that I could go my whole Life and not live to see the day when I am floating in a space station and spitting water orbs around. So, I want to pick a field that could easily be implemented...

#space #astronaut #engineering #astronomy

Sage B.’s Avatar
Sage B. Jan 16, 2018 374 views

What are the different branches of Astronomy that I can go into?

That is the career I would like to go into, so knowing what I can do to be prepared would be very helpful. #astronomy #aerospace #science #stem...

#physics

Sage B.’s Avatar
Sage B. Jan 16, 2018 361 views

What is the best way to get involved in Astronomy at a young age?

That is the career I would like to go into, so knowing what I can do to be prepared would be very helpful. #astronomy...

#science

Cody B.’s Avatar
Cody B. Jan 16, 2018 254 views

Research opportunities for physics/astronomy?

What kind of jobs can I get into after college that will allow me to research astrophysics/astronomy? I don't want to teach, I'd rather research and publish scientific papers. #astrophysics #science #physics #research...

#astronomy

Cody B.’s Avatar
Cody B. Jan 16, 2018 333 views

How can I find internships to get ahead in astrophysics research?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of school. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. #physics #astrophysics #science...

#astronomy

Vicky R.’s Avatar
Vicky R. Jan 16, 2018 303 views

What's the procedure to go into research in the field of astronomy?

I am passionate about physics and mathematics. I would like to go into research , specifically in the field of astronomy. #physics #math #research...

#astronomy

Anneke A.’s Avatar
Anneke A. Jan 10, 2018 262 views

What degree(s) should you get in college if you are interested in working at NASA mission control?

I'm a 9th grader that is curious about space and am interested in any job relating to mission control. #nasa #missioncontrol #space...

#astronomy