Career Questions tagged Astronomy

Aaron’s Avatar
Aaron Sep 06 148 views

What’s it like to be an astronomer? What was the process of becoming an astronomer?

I’m very curious at to what it is like to be an astronomer

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 31 168 views

Is earning an astronomy degree hard?

What's involved in earning an astronomy degree? Does involve a lot of math, physics, and theoretical classes? What classes would one take?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 31 126 views

What is the best major to pair with an astronomy minor?

My younger sister LOVES astronomy, and I think an astronomy minor would be a fun option for her.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 31 268 views

What can you do with an astronomy major?

My younger sister is really interested in astronomy and I'm encouraging her to major in it. However, when she asked me about career options, all that came to mind were NASA and aerospace engineering. I was wondering if there were any other careers out there and if they are in demand. Also,...

SRIVEDA’s Avatar
SRIVEDA Nov 13, 2021 241 views

what to study after 12th to become a cosmologist ?

#educator

#any `````````` #india

Belamie’s Avatar
Belamie Nov 10, 2021 286 views

I want to be an astronomer, I like maths and physics.What's the next step?

#physics #math #astronomy #science

Aryona’s Avatar
Aryona Aug 06, 2021 508 views

What can I do to become an astronomer?

I want to become a future astronomer and I need to know how exactly to get the position I want. #astronomer

amanda’s Avatar
amanda Jul 02, 2021 448 views

what do you have to do to be an astrophysicist

I am #any interested in #astrophysics and #visualarts

Francheska’s Avatar
Francheska Jun 27, 2021 228 views

How do you use a telescope?

#Women-in-science #Women-in-astronomy #Science #Astronomy #Telescope

Natalie’s Avatar
Natalie Jun 01, 2021 542 views

What should I know about studying physics?

I love learning, math, and science. I am more interested in physics or astrophysics than I am in biological sciences. Is a physics major or degree worth it? What should I do in high school to prepare for studying physics? What are some extracurriculars that can get me involved in the subject?...

Divine’s Avatar
Divine May 14, 2021 275 views

Is astronomy oky for me

I don't like thinking hard I like simple things #astronomy

Alijan’s Avatar
Alijan May 08, 2021 326 views

How to work in NASA

#astronomy

Luyanda’s Avatar
Luyanda Apr 16, 2021 618 views

what do i need to know to study astronomy

i love the stars. and reading about space facts and theories. #career #career-counseling #astronomy #high school

Emel’s Avatar
Emel Mar 02, 2021 427 views

What do you know about the dynamical systems theory?

It seems interesting and I want to study a sociology or astronomy application of it.
#mathematics #sociology #astronomy #astrophysics #cosmology

Ben’s Avatar
Ben Feb 16, 2021 294 views

What is an average week's workload in the field of Astronomy?

I am currently a sophomore exploring different career paths. #astronomy #career-path

Emma’s Avatar
Emma Dec 21, 2020 325 views

whats the best way to prepare myself to teach? and be confidant in it?

I'm a student at box elder high. I like the idea of becoming a teacher. I enjoy and also am considering teaching astronomy, earth science, or even science in general. I do struggle being confidant when I am describing things to others which is kinda a big deal sense that's a big part of the...

Emma’s Avatar
Emma Dec 21, 2020 258 views

why should I not want to be a teacher

I'm a student a box elder high in Utah. I'm interested in the idea of teaching earth science, science in general, art maybe, but most of all astronomy! The ages I'm thinking of teaching are around 6th up till high school. #teacher #astronomy

Alex Butler’s Avatar
Alex Nov 19, 2020 428 views

How do you begin the graduate school search as a physics major?

I am a current junior in college planning to graduate next year, and am looking for advice on how to begin the search for schools. #career-path #physics #graduateschool #gradschool #application #school #college #astronomy #junior

Owen’s Avatar
Owen Nov 18, 2020 343 views

Should I take up astronomy

I have been thinking about joining the STEM community through Astronomy and Physics as a future career. From what I have heard It is a very competitive and difficult career to get. Being a scientist has been a recurring passion. It wasn't until a few days ago I have actually considered...

Dorian’s Avatar
Dorian Oct 01, 2020 207 views

I’m ​​interested ​​in ​​learning​​ about​​ what A​​ Day ​​in ​​the ​​Life ​​is ​​like​​ for ​​a​​n Astrophysicist. So ​​far​​ I have​​ learned ​​about the more hardware design aspect of it,​​ but I​​ would ​​also ​​like ​​to ​​know ​​how it is for the ones that mainly focus on space itself

#Astrophysics #Astrophysicist

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Jul 26, 2020 364 views

What is it like being a scientist working for a space agency?

Currently, I am looking into possibly pursuing a science degree and work at a space agency. What kind of work do you do at a space agency like NASA?

#astronomy #space #science #JULY20 #career #astronomer #scientist #nasa #CSA

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Jul 26, 2020 447 views

How do I get involved in bioastronautics?

I am a rising senior and I have always been interested in space. I was wondering how does one enter the field of bioastronautics? What kind of degree should I be getting?

#space #astronomy #college #scientist #bioastronautics #research #JULY20

Jorden’s Avatar
Jorden Apr 30, 2020 282 views

How do you become a astronaut /piloting spacecraft?

I have always been interested in space and going to space. #astronomy

mahdiyah’s Avatar
mahdiyah Oct 02, 2019 428 views

Is it really worth to spend 9 years to become an astronomer? I've always loved astronomy since i was a kid, but now that I'm older and actually need to focus on what courses i have to take to get into university and jobs later on. And honestly i feel like if i take astronomy its too long for me, i mean its what i like but its too long. so is it real worth to spend 9 years to become an astronomer??

#school #astronomy #astronomer #IGCSE

M’s Avatar
M Apr 06, 2019 477 views

How can I find internships in astrophysics research i am a CSE engineering student?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of college. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. I am presently enrolled into Engineering (CSE) 2nd year but I always wanted to be an astrophysist , due to various...

Sael’s Avatar
Sael Mar 31, 2019 340 views

I need to do an Interview to an astronomer

If you are an astronomer please send me a message by whatsapp: (removed by an admin)

#astronomy

Akshay’s Avatar
Akshay Mar 29, 2019 518 views

What all possible jobs can I do now at the age of 18 to reach my goal of becoming an astrophysicist?

#astrophysics #astronomy #physics #smallJob

Ria’s Avatar
Ria Mar 18, 2019 358 views

What is a typical day when working as an astrophysicist?

Common tasks
Work schedule
Work environment
#astrophysics #astronomy

Gordon’s Avatar
Gordon Mar 12, 2019 352 views

Is it a fun job to be an astronomer?

#career #astronomy

Gordon’s Avatar
Gordon Mar 12, 2019 412 views

How difficult is it to become an Astronomer

#science #research #astronomy