Career Questions tagged Stemcareers

Diana N.’s Avatar
Diana N. Aug 17, 2018 181 views

How to find jobs to apply for?

I want to work in an IT industry and it seems impossible to find a job. Help a girl out? #stemcareers...

#work

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018 295 views

How to become a data scientist?

Hello, I am going to a liberal art college in a fringe town next school year. The school does not have a data science major but I am highly interested in data science. (I will be going to double majors in Computer science and Statistics.) What are some steps should I do to become a data...

#college-advice #technology #computer-science #datascience #stemcareers #women-in-stem

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Mar 24, 2018 252 views

Should I consider changing my wildlife/conservation biology major if I am bad at math?

I want to pursue a degree in conservation biology or wildlife biology, and have been told by previous professionals that I should keep my grades up in science math classes. While I enjoy and excel in my science classes, I am not as good at math. I am able to maintain an A or high B in all math...

#wildlife-conservation #stem #wildlife-biology #choosing-a-major #stemcareers

Madeleine W.’s Avatar
Madeleine W. Mar 18, 2018 227 views

What is the gender gap like in upper level sciences, first hand?

I am a female, high school senior considering a career path in upper level mathematics, academia and research. I am very concerned with underrepresentation of women and I would like to know of any first hand experiences. Researching online I find a lot of statistics, but I would like more. Has...

#stemcareers #women-in-stem #academia #science #computer-science-phd #mathematics #research #graduate-school #phdbound #science-phd #stem #professor #phd

Kieta M.’s Avatar
Kieta M. Oct 12, 2017 335 views

How to prepare for a bioengineering major?

I'm a senior in high school who is interested in majoring in biomedical engineering. I attend an art school that is a little low on resources for students interested in STEM. I have taken all the math and science offered by my school but still don't really prepared for college level math and...

#college-advice #stemcareers #college-major #college #stem-education #biomedical #biomedical-engineering #bioengineering #stem

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Mar 13, 2017 4500 views

Biomedical Engineering vs Chemical Engineering with Bio specialization?

I have been interested in pursuing a Biomedical Engineering major. However, people argue that biomedical engineering is the jack of all trades and master of none. This has been concerning for me as I would very much like to major in something and feel that I have mastered what I am learning...

#engineering #biotechnology #chemical-engineer #stem16 #biochemistry #biomedical-engineering #chemical-engineering #stemcareers

Jacques F.’s Avatar
Jacques F. Oct 31, 2016 473 views

What is the best STEM degree?

I'm curious what others think based on pay, workplace atmosphere, freedom, and interesting work. #mechanical-engineering #electrical-engineering #chemicals...

#stemcareers

Emma N.’s Avatar
Emma N. Oct 31, 2016 273 views

What STEM job would be good for me?

I like to work on projects where I can be systematic, innovate and explore new ideas. I enjoy starting new projects that offer challenges and the possibility of discovering new ways to do things. I enjoy working independently and pay attention to the details as needed to get the job done. When...

#stemcareers

Jose  H.’s Avatar
Jose H. Oct 30, 2016 517 views

What type of jobs are available for people who major in mechanical engineering?

I am asking this because I am currently completing my senior year of high school and college is around the corner and I would like to know what my future possibilities would be before I commit to a certain major. #mechanical-engineering #mechanical-engineer #robotics...

#stemcareers

Samantha M.’s Avatar
Samantha M. Oct 30, 2016 441 views

Do you feel any bias towards your work being a woman in STEM?

I want my work to be as credible as a male's. Is there any unfair actions or bias against being a woman in STEM? #women-in-stem...

#stemcareers

Kendralyn M.’s Avatar
Kendralyn M. Oct 27, 2016 457 views

What are "worthwhile" contributions that I could make to today's society as an astrophysicist?

I want to get a doctorate in astrophysics but I don't want to do all of this work and spend all of this money/ pay off loans for several years if I can't do something worthwhile with it. #stem #women-in-stem #astrophysics #stem-education...

#stemcareers

Deshona R.’s Avatar
Deshona R. Oct 26, 2016 484 views

How are stem jobs different from regular jobs?

I have been in stem since 9th grade year and I'm wondering how are stem jobs different from regular jobs. Does stem jobs provide better benefits and a more creative way to be successful in a career than job that is not stem? #stem...

#stemcareers

Adilene Jezabel M.’s Avatar
Adilene Jezabel M. Oct 24, 2016 376 views

Women in stem, how do you know when your cheated?

Trying to become a woman in stem, what are some tips that will not get me cheated from the benefits of my work ethic compared to male counterparts. There's always been a difference in pag wages between men and women, but how I can I better prepare myself for this reality? I mean I could just be...

#stemcareers #women-in-stem