Career Questions tagged Chemical Engineer

Sebastian W.’s Avatar
Sebastian W. Jan 23, 2018 675 views
Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Nov 15, 2017 521 views

Introverts in Engineering?

I'm curious about whether which engineering majors require more presenting and talking to large groups in both college/university and the real world. I just heard that mechanical has a lot of presenting ideas and would like to know about the other engineering majors. #engineering...

#mechanical-engineering #chemical-engineer #civil-engineering #industrial-engineering #software-engineering

Gretchen D.’s Avatar
Gretchen D. Sep 29, 2017 323 views

How easy is it to find career opportunities after graduating college?

I want to know if it is a large priority of the college you attend to find you internships/openings after finishing your academic courses. #continueyourpassion...

#chemical-engineer

shamel H.’s Avatar
shamel H. May 15, 2016 548 views

Job opportunities in the chemical engineering field?

i am looking into a career in chemical engineering. what are the major cities that have employment opportunity's in this profession? what is the median salary for this profession? #engineering #career-counseling #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer #financial-planning...

#career-details

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Mar 13, 2017 4504 views

Biomedical Engineering vs Chemical Engineering with Bio specialization?

I have been interested in pursuing a Biomedical Engineering major. However, people argue that biomedical engineering is the jack of all trades and master of none. This has been concerning for me as I would very much like to major in something and feel that I have mastered what I am learning...

#engineering #biotechnology #chemical-engineer #stem16 #biochemistry #biomedical-engineering #chemical-engineering #stemcareers

Shimaa E.’s Avatar
Shimaa E. Dec 13, 2016 670 views

can any one tell me a website , a book or something else to help me to understand chromatography?

I am a B.student in a Faculty of science, I want to understand chromatography well. #chemistry #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer...

#chemicals

Abigail W.’s Avatar
Abigail W. Oct 30, 2016 413 views

What industries are chemical engineers the most successful in?

I plan to major in chemical engineering when I go to college next year, and I've often wondered about which chemical industry to pursue. Chemistry is a very broad topic applicable to many aspects of our lives, and I would like to know which industry is on the rise. Do you suggest food, fuel,...

#fuel-industry #chemical-engineer

Kellen L.’s Avatar
Kellen L. Oct 25, 2016 1091 views

Describe a day in the life of a Chemical Engineer at work.

I am a high school senior and am looking into possibly chemical engineering. I was hoping to hear from several different CEs to determine the array of opportunities it might have as a career. #engineering #engineer #chemistry #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer...

#chemical

Lisamarie G.’s Avatar
Lisamarie G. Oct 20, 2016 396 views

What are some obstacles i should tackle that will show me what being a chemical engineer is really like?

i want a taste of the chem engineer life is it bland with little flavor or alive with disease #chemistry #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer...

#chemicals

Lisamarie G.’s Avatar
Lisamarie G. Oct 20, 2016 468 views

In the world I've noticed the gender gap is this something I should worry about?

I've done some search ups and so far I've met seven male physic professors and one female chemistry professor honestly it's a little intimidating and I don't know what to make of it all my friends encourage me but i just don't know.... #physics #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer...

#chemicals

Pablo M.’s Avatar
Pablo M. May 27, 2016 374 views

Which are the biggest challenges chemical engineers are facing?

I am going to start studying on this field and would like to know where I can focus my studies and reasearch. #engineering #science #research #chemical-engineering...

#chemical-engineer

Pablo M.’s Avatar
Pablo M. May 27, 2016 475 views

Which are the jobs chemical engineers have the most?

I am going to start studying chemical engineering at CU Boulder next fall and would like to know which are my job options for when I finish this career. #engineer #career-choice #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer...

#data-engineer

Troy D.’s Avatar
Troy D. May 24, 2016 439 views

What is it like working as a chemical engineer in the refinery industry?

I am going to be a chemical engineering major at Northwestern University in the fall....

#chemical-engineer

Troy D.’s Avatar
Troy D. May 24, 2016 688 views

What kind of roles do chemical engineers play in the renewable energy field.

I am a chemical engineering major at Northwestern University. #chemical-engineer...

#renewable-energy

Sofia L.’s Avatar
Sofia L. May 18, 2016 495 views

What kind of engineering career/major could I pursue if I am interested in the food industry and food chemistry as well as business?

I am a senior in high school heading to college next year. I am going to major in engineering, and although I don't have to declare until the end of my freshman year, I am leaning towards Chemical Engineering or Material Science Engineering. I have always been interested in leading a healthy...

#engineering #materials-engineering #career #chemical-engineer #chemical-engineering #business #chemistry #materials-science

Sofia L.’s Avatar
Sofia L. May 18, 2016 5139 views

What would be the major differences between majoring in Chemical Engineering versus Material Science Engineering?

I am going to major in engineering and love chemistry, and although I originally planned to major in Chemical Engineering, I recently heard and learned more about Material Science Engineering. I am now equally interested in both majors, but want to know what the major differences in jobs,...

#engineering #chemical-engineering #materials-engineering #chemistry #materials-science #chemical-engineer

Kenneth B.’s Avatar
Kenneth B. May 16, 2016 515 views

What is Chemical Engineering? and how much do they get paid a year?

I am going to be going to be studying be studying chemical engineering in my future University, and would like to know more about the topic. #engineering #engineer...

#chemical-engineer

Kenneth B.’s Avatar
Kenneth B. May 16, 2016 469 views

When studying Chemical Engineering in a university, do you have to choose the type of job you want to have?

I was told that you can go into many different jobs, such as one that focuses on petrochemicals, or even one that focusing on testing soda products. I do not understand if you are taught how to work with all lines of work involving chemical engineering, or if you have to choose between them....

#chemical-engineering #engineering #chemical-engineer

Maria B.’s Avatar
Maria B. May 12, 2016 1977 views

Is it hard to find a job as a chemical engineering major?

I am worried I will waste my education for a major that won't be useful....

#chemical-engineer

Pooja L.’s Avatar
Pooja L. May 11, 2016 406 views

Engineer to Architect?

I'm current a high school senior, I am enrolled to attend UCI for chemical engineering in the fall. I plan on double majoring with CiviL Engineering. I am wondering whether it would be possible to get my masters in architecture. Does that sound that a reasonable plan? #civil-engineering...

#masters #architect #chemical-engineer

Shankar I.’s Avatar
Shankar I. May 01, 2016 598 views

what are the job opportunities for chemical engineers?

My strong subjects are chemistry and mathematics. I am conceptually good in physics. My parents feel except for pharmaceutical industry, there are no other job opportunities. Pay is not as lucrative as the IT sector. #research...

#chemical-engineer

Jillian A.’s Avatar
Jillian A. Apr 13, 2016 859 views

For any type of engineer, how would you characterize an average day at your job?   How much of your day do you spend solving technical engineering problems?

Hello, my name is Jillian and I am from Boston, MA. I am a sophomore in high school and I am very interested in career fields involving engineering. I am not sure what type of engineering I would like to pursue, but I love solving problems. I am currently learning about aerospace and...

#engineering #computer-science #industrial-engineering #mechanical-engineer #chemical-engineer

Byron  P.’s Avatar
Byron P. Oct 02, 2014 1366 views

What is the successful path to become a chemical engineer?

I want to be able to make medicine and find more healthier ways to take the meds. #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer...

#chemicals