Career Questions tagged Industrial Engineering

Ayden W.’s Avatar
Ayden W. Dec 10, 2019 219 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 268 views

Is industrial engineering a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#industrial-engineering #college-major #engineering

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Feb 13, 2018 665 views

How can I become a manufacturing engineer with a mechanical engineering degree?

Hi, I'm currently a junior level mechanical engineering student with an interest in manufacturing because I've been reading a few magazines about it (Automation World, Pro Food World, etc if anyone's familiar) but I'm still trying to figure out the skills and education that I need for the...

#mechanical-engineering #industrial-engineering #manufacturing #manufacturing-engineering #mechanical-or-industrial-engineering

Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Nov 15, 2017 819 views

Introverts in Engineering?

I'm curious about whether which engineering majors require more presenting and talking to large groups in both college/university and the real world. I just heard that mechanical has a lot of presenting ideas and would like to know about the other engineering majors. #engineering...

#software-engineering #mechanical-engineering #industrial-engineering #chemical-engineer #civil-engineering

Jayashankar M.’s Avatar
Jayashankar M. Apr 29, 2016 762 views
Ty'ron T.’s Avatar
Ty'ron T. Aug 31, 2017 383 views

What is the most successful route to become a engineer ?

I want to become an engineer to help construct and building things. What is a strategy or best way to get there? I am a little familiar with things people built around me. What is the most directive way to get there? #mechanical-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

Darrian B.’s Avatar
Darrian B. May 18, 2017 828 views

How did failing a class in college affect your career decision?

I have recently just finished my first year of college. I am currently an Industrial Engineering major and i have failed calculus 2. At the moment, i am feeling very disappointed in myself and am considering switching majors. I know that is is my fault that I did not put in the necessary time...

#career-counseling #industrial-engineering #academic-advising #college #engineering #personal-development #failure #career-details

Spencer N.’s Avatar
Spencer N. May 19, 2016 1579 views

What would be a good major for someone who is really good at fixing machines big or small yet they aren't really good with math?

I've naturally had the skill of repairing things and i always carry tools with me and I've become really good at fixing things, at my job i work in a arcade (Chuck e Cheese) and i fix the games there. But i'm not too good with math and i'll need to improve it but what Major in engineering would...

#personal-development #industrial-engineering #mechanical-or-industrial-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineering

Tharles D.’s Avatar
Tharles D. Jan 11, 2017 1191 views
Coleen D.’s Avatar
Coleen D. Jul 25, 2017 1076 views

Is being a girl somehow a factor for consideration when taking a degree in industrial engineering?

What Im trying to really know here is if it has any major or minor effects for a girl like other engineering tracks #futureie #girls-education #industrial-engineering...

#japan

karthik N.’s Avatar
karthik N. May 10, 2016 576 views

Can someone tell me more about engineering?

i completed my 8th std. [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #engineering #mechanical-engineering #software-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

jonathan N.’s Avatar
jonathan N. May 04, 2016 508 views

What are good engineer jobs?

I like math and I here that engineer require math. I also like to build things. #engineering #mechanical-engineering #math #software-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

Tharles D.’s Avatar
Tharles D. Feb 20, 2017 505 views

How do you see meritocracy inside a company?

I am searching for an interniship, but I am seeing that sometimes people get a job easier when there is someone inside the conpany that rely on them, that has been indicated by someone else. But is it a problem for meritrocacy? I say, a person that does not have someone inside the company to...

#executive-office #administration #civil-engineering #industrial-engineering #management #business

Tharles D.’s Avatar
Tharles D. Feb 20, 2017 1603 views

#industrial-engineering #executive-office #energy-engineering #supply-chain #logistics #energy #civil-engineering #management

Tharles D.’s Avatar
Tharles D. Jan 12, 2017 658 views

How to take advantage of networking? Is it a disadvantage to be an introvert?

As a student I always hear that we need to build up a "nice network", but how can I address my efforts to really take benefit from it? #engineering #management #mechanical-engineering #electrical-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

Maria A.’s Avatar
Maria A. Oct 31, 2016 697 views

What is the daily life of an industrial engineer like?

I am considering the engineering field since I found my calculus and math courses to be interesting. I am not very fond of physics though and am stronger in other sciences (biology and chemistry). I was told about the job of an industrial engineer I would like to know what it is truly like when...

#industrial-engineering #engineering

Charles C.’s Avatar
Charles C. Oct 31, 2016 596 views
Elizabeth S.’s Avatar
Elizabeth S. Oct 30, 2016 569 views

What is the most important piece of advice you would give to a future female engineer?

I am very interested in an engineering career and I want to know some great advice for a female in this industry. #engineering #mechanical-engineering #aerospace-engineering #chemical-engineering #industrial-engineering...

#nuclear-engineering

Elizabeth S.’s Avatar
Elizabeth S. Oct 30, 2016 551 views

What is the best way to figure out which kind of engineering to go into?

I know I want to pursue a career in engineering, I'm just not sure which one is right for me and don't know the best ways to figure out which one I'd be most successful in. #engineering #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #electrical-engineering #aerospace-engineering...

#industrial-engineering #chemical-engineering #nuclear-engineering

Allison H.’s Avatar
Allison H. Oct 30, 2016 4618 views

What are the most difficult classes that engineering students are required to take?

I hear that the required classes for an engineering degree are rigorous. I have a calculus class right now, and I am doing fine, but how much harder are the classes in college compared to high school? And, what advice should I take with me prior to going to college in order to pursue an...

#industrial-engineering #electrical-engineering #engineer #civil-engineering #mechanical-engineering #chemical-engineering #engineering

Allison H.’s Avatar
Allison H. Oct 30, 2016 808 views

What is a good way to find out as to which engineering pathway I want to go into?

I am a high school student, and I tend to do well in math and science classes. I enjoy them as well, so I am considering going to college for an engineering degree, but there are so many types of engineering! What is a good way to get exposure to many of the different pathways so that I have a...

#electrical-engineering #software-engineering #mechanical-engineering #industrial-engineering #engineering #computer-engineering #civil-engineering #chemical-engineering

Hyunkyu L.’s Avatar
Hyunkyu L. Oct 29, 2016 622 views

For what advice or assistance do fellow engineers turn to you?

I do not have special advice or assistance do fellow engineers turn to me. I want to hear some advice. #computer-software #engineering #mechanical-engineering #software-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

Hyunkyu L.’s Avatar
Hyunkyu L. Oct 29, 2016 944 views

Some of the best-engineered ideas are born out of an individual’s ability to challenge, others’ ways of thinking. Tell me about a time when you were successful in do this.

I have many experiences that I overcome my challenges through my individual's ability. I want to know if someone else have same experiences as me. #computer-software #engineering #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #software-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

Cole P.’s Avatar
Cole P. Oct 29, 2016 503 views

How would you characterize an average day at your job and how is sustainability integrated into your job as an engineer?

Since the start of my high school career I have dreamed of becoming an engineer. I will thrive to major as an engineer because I know that engineers work to solve global problems such as world hunger, clean water, protecting the environment and improving the quality of everyday life. Now that...

#industrial-engineering #software-engineering #engineer #english #civil-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineering

Diamond B.’s Avatar
Diamond B. Oct 28, 2016 605 views
Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Oct 26, 2016 635 views

How did you become an Engineer?

In more detail, I would like to know what degree you were going for and why it interests you, as well as how much scholarship money you received and how you got it. I would also like to know if being an Engineer is worth carrying a bunch of stress. One more thing, if you could redo things in...

#aerospace-engineering #software-engineering #mechanical-engineering #industrial-engineering #engineering #computer-engineering #nuclear-engineering #chemical-engineering