Career Questions tagged Industrial Engineering

Jayashankar M.’s Avatar
Jayashankar M. Apr 29, 2016 741 views
Spencer N.’s Avatar
Spencer N. May 19, 2016 1495 views

What would be a good major for someone who is really good at fixing machines big or small yet they aren't really good with math?

I've naturally had the skill of repairing things and i always carry tools with me and I've become really good at fixing things, at my job i work in a arcade (Chuck e Cheese) and i fix the games there. But i'm not too good with math and i'll need to improve it but what Major in engineering would...

#industrial-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineering #mechanical-or-industrial-engineering #personal-development

karthik N.’s Avatar
karthik N. May 10, 2016 542 views

Can someone tell me more about engineering?

i completed my 8th std. [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #engineering #mechanical-engineering #software-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

jonathan N.’s Avatar
jonathan N. May 04, 2016 493 views

What are good engineer jobs?

I like math and I here that engineer require math. I also like to build things. #engineering #mechanical-engineering #math #software-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

Maria A.’s Avatar
Maria A. Oct 31, 2016 682 views

What is the daily life of an industrial engineer like?

I am considering the engineering field since I found my calculus and math courses to be interesting. I am not very fond of physics though and am stronger in other sciences (biology and chemistry). I was told about the job of an industrial engineer I would like to know what it is truly like when...

#industrial-engineering #engineering

Charles C.’s Avatar
Charles C. Oct 31, 2016 587 views
Elizabeth S.’s Avatar
Elizabeth S. Oct 30, 2016 563 views

What is the most important piece of advice you would give to a future female engineer?

I am very interested in an engineering career and I want to know some great advice for a female in this industry. #engineering #mechanical-engineering #aerospace-engineering #chemical-engineering #industrial-engineering...

#nuclear-engineering

Elizabeth S.’s Avatar
Elizabeth S. Oct 30, 2016 542 views

What is the best way to figure out which kind of engineering to go into?

I know I want to pursue a career in engineering, I'm just not sure which one is right for me and don't know the best ways to figure out which one I'd be most successful in. #engineering #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #electrical-engineering #aerospace-engineering...

#industrial-engineering #chemical-engineering #nuclear-engineering

Allison H.’s Avatar
Allison H. Oct 30, 2016 4220 views

What are the most difficult classes that engineering students are required to take?

I hear that the required classes for an engineering degree are rigorous. I have a calculus class right now, and I am doing fine, but how much harder are the classes in college compared to high school? And, what advice should I take with me prior to going to college in order to pursue an...

#civil-engineering #industrial-engineering #electrical-engineering #engineer #mechanical-engineering #engineering #chemical-engineering

Allison H.’s Avatar
Allison H. Oct 30, 2016 791 views

What is a good way to find out as to which engineering pathway I want to go into?

I am a high school student, and I tend to do well in math and science classes. I enjoy them as well, so I am considering going to college for an engineering degree, but there are so many types of engineering! What is a good way to get exposure to many of the different pathways so that I have a...

#civil-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineering #software-engineering #electrical-engineering #industrial-engineering #chemical-engineering #computer-engineering

Hyunkyu L.’s Avatar
Hyunkyu L. Oct 29, 2016 612 views

For what advice or assistance do fellow engineers turn to you?

I do not have special advice or assistance do fellow engineers turn to me. I want to hear some advice. #computer-software #engineering #mechanical-engineering #software-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

Hyunkyu L.’s Avatar
Hyunkyu L. Oct 29, 2016 815 views

Some of the best-engineered ideas are born out of an individual’s ability to challenge, others’ ways of thinking. Tell me about a time when you were successful in do this.

I have many experiences that I overcome my challenges through my individual's ability. I want to know if someone else have same experiences as me. #computer-software #engineering #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #software-engineering...

#industrial-engineering

Cole P.’s Avatar
Cole P. Oct 29, 2016 490 views

How would you characterize an average day at your job and how is sustainability integrated into your job as an engineer?

Since the start of my high school career I have dreamed of becoming an engineer. I will thrive to major as an engineer because I know that engineers work to solve global problems such as world hunger, clean water, protecting the environment and improving the quality of everyday life. Now that...

#civil-engineering #industrial-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineer #english #engineering #software-engineering

Diamond B.’s Avatar
Diamond B. Oct 28, 2016 599 views
Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Oct 26, 2016 627 views

How did you become an Engineer?

In more detail, I would like to know what degree you were going for and why it interests you, as well as how much scholarship money you received and how you got it. I would also like to know if being an Engineer is worth carrying a bunch of stress. One more thing, if you could redo things in...

#mechanical-engineering #engineering #aerospace-engineering #software-engineering #nuclear-engineering #industrial-engineering #chemical-engineering #computer-engineering

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Oct 25, 2016 660 views

What are the most challenging things in trying to engineer new products or technologies?

I am a freshman in high school; thus, I have a little while to think about my possible career paths. I have always wanted to go into the medical field until recently, when engineering caught my eye. I always see companies coming up with the newest technologies that can do extraordinary things...

Matt W.’s Avatar
Matt W. Oct 23, 2016 442 views
Gabriella H.’s Avatar
Gabriella H. Oct 22, 2016 677 views

What is the most popular engineering field?

I am very interested in the engineering field, I would like to be a corrosion engineer when i grow up. But at this point in my high school career, I would like to try and explore other engineering fields. #engineering #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #stem #chemical-engineering...

#industrial-engineering #women-in-stem

Danielle L.’s Avatar
Danielle L. Oct 22, 2016 982 views

What does it take to be an industrial engineering?

I am interested in industrial engineering and I want to know if this really is the career for me....

#industrial-engineering

Danielle L.’s Avatar
Danielle L. Oct 22, 2016 640 views

What kind of jobs does an industrial engineer do?

I am interested in studying engineering and I have been told that with the skills I have that industrial engineering is the best path in engineering for me....

#industrial-engineering

Samuel M.’s Avatar
Samuel M. Oct 21, 2016 532 views

What are all the different areas to engineering, and how do I know which one is for me?

I feel like I want to go into an engineering field, I'm just not sure which one is the right one for me. I have practice in mechanical engineering through my Project Lead The Way classes, along with electrical and aerospace (albeit very minimal) through a physics class. So how do I know which...

#civil-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineering #aerospace-engineering #electrical-engineering #industrial-engineering #stem #chemical-engineering

Noemi S.’s Avatar
Noemi S. Oct 20, 2016 485 views

When looking into careers in Engineering, how should I determine what exact kind of engineering I want to study? Such as civil, chemical, and/or mechanical?

I am very intrigued with achieving a major in engineering, but I am not sure in what exact expertise I am interested in and would like to hear multiple perspectives on this matter. #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #electrical-engineering #industrial-engineering #women...

#engine

juana G.’s Avatar
juana G. Aug 01, 2016 853 views

In what areas does an industrial engineer work?

Curious to learn more about industrial engineering. [This question has been translated from Spanish into English] #industrial-engineering...

#seguridad

Jacob F.’s Avatar
Jacob F. Oct 13, 2016 875 views

How did you decide what type of engineering was right for you?

I am a senior in high school and I think that I want to major in engineering but I'm not sure what type. Right now I am leaning more towards civil engineering, but I am just unsure what I can do to see what type of engineering is right for me. #engineering #mechanical-engineering...

#civil-engineering #industrial-engineering

Ashton E.’s Avatar
Ashton E. Aug 19, 2016 592 views

What are some real life career paths that I can take if I obtain a degree in Industial Engineering.

I know that Engineering is a very popular and smart investment for my education and just want to know what I can do with this degree once I have it. #airline-industry #industrial-engineering #digital-marketing...

#numerical-analysis

Sydnee C.’s Avatar
Sydnee C. May 19, 2016 739 views

Industrial Engineering

I was wondering if someone could expound on the thought of industrial engineering? I've tried getting as much information on the true definition of what an industrial engineer does. Also, what are common jobs that industrial engineers fall into after graduating college that best fit their...

#industrial-engineering #engineering #industrial-engineer #industrial #jobs

Shellie Z.’s Avatar
Shellie Z. May 15, 2016 14250 views

I am looking into civil or industrial engineering. Could you tell me the main differences between the two?

I am divided between civil or industrial engineering. I don't know much about either besides what I am able to read online. Having information from someone who works closely between the two would be enlightening. #engineering #engineer #civil-engineering #industrial-engineering...

#industrial-engineer

Fate Alexis L.’s Avatar
Fate Alexis L. May 14, 2016 563 views

What field is best in engineering if you are great in mathematics?

I am great at mathematics, but I am not sure what branch to choose from. I love to solve math problems and learn more new topics about math. I also want to be able to create my own problems and solve it. #engineering...

#industrial-engineering

Jillian A.’s Avatar
Jillian A. Apr 13, 2016 964 views

For any type of engineer, how would you characterize an average day at your job?   How much of your day do you spend solving technical engineering problems?

Hello, my name is Jillian and I am from Boston, MA. I am a sophomore in high school and I am very interested in career fields involving engineering. I am not sure what type of engineering I would like to pursue, but I love solving problems. I am currently learning about aerospace and...

#chemical-engineer #mechanical-engineer #computer-science #industrial-engineering #engineering

Sam M.’s Avatar
Sam M. Jan 06, 2015 1246 views

What is a good profesion for me?

I am a 10th grader and I am really interested in Industrial design, and Mechanical engineering. I enjoy solving puzzles and building stuff. I am decent at math and physics and enjoy being active. What is the right job for me? #mechanical-engineer #industrial-engineering #industrial-design...

#aerodynamics