Career questions tagged industrial-engineering

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Tanishka245 views

Which profession makes more money a robotics engineering or in management ?

I am currently in my last year of engineering and am exploring my options for future. What I want to know is that weather I should do MSc in robotics or MBA in engineering management. Is it true that engineers are paid less then someone in management.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Charly223 views

How transferable is Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering to Mechanical Engineering?

Hi, I plan on interning at a civil engineering/structural engineering firm, but I know I want to study Mechanical Engineering. There aren't any mechanical engineering firms nearby, only civil and structural. Is it worth it to conduct an internship at a civil/structural engineering firm? Will the skills learned be transferable?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samuel395 views

How to build a career in computer engineering ?

How to build a career in computer engineering

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bryan390 views

What kinds of engineering are there?

I know about software and industrial engineering but are there other branches of it?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kevin609 views

What advice can you give me about my future career in Industrial Electronics?

I have a few questions about the Industrial engineering field, more specifically Industrial Electronics. Given the extensive process to even get certified or a degree, I'm curious as to the learning curve of the work? Are there any particular skills that I should become acquainted with before entering the work field? And are there any commonly open positions regarding this profession? Is it something I would easily be able to apply for a job in, or would it take a longer time with less likelihood of getting in than most other jobs?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Colin586 views

Why did you select the field of engineering?

Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rakib850 views

What is better doctor or engineering?

My family want I become engineer

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tyler7788 views

What is a good GPA for an engineering career path?

I have a love for engineering and was wondering what a good GPA is if i wish to pursue it as a career path.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
michael531 views

is engineering complicated

is engineering a hard degree to get or to understand?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
pramit266 views

which subject is suitable for an industrial engineering background student to do ms ? any way to get into IT field?

specially i love to learn different programming language for fun

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gabby578 views

What are potential career opportunities for Industrial Engineers?

I am interested in the business side of Industrial Engineering more than the technical aspect. What opportunities are there for me?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Thomas379 views

What should I do in college?

What organizations should I look to get into if I want to be a consultant. I'm an industrial engineering major that goes to Texas A&M university college station. Rising Junior.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
caden632 views

What is required for Civil Engineering?

How hard is it to get into civil engineering? What parts of it should I try? How many years in college will it take to get there?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gabriel550 views

What was the biggest step you had to achieve in your career as an electrician in order work for PG&E What was the biggest challenge??

How was the scale you had to carry to get there?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
marlo481 views

Hi I'm planning to shift course but I only got into a ladderized course (Diploma in Industrial Facilities Technology) and planning to get a BS Customs Ad, Is it possible for me to shift course from Ladderized to BS?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Abby537 views

Career choices

What jobs should I consider if I like mathematics, and am creative?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jacky974 views

What are the requirements to be a nuclear engineer?

#engineer #nuclear #engineering # #industrial-engineering #work

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
paul459 views

how to be a automotive mechanics?

#industrial-engineering

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Thea745 views

I'm stuck in choosing between Industrial Engineering or Civil Engineering.

I'm currently a Senior High School student taking STEM strand. My first choice is Civil Engineering but I am really weak on the subject Mathematics and I feel like I will not pass it on College. Then I stumbled on Industrial Engineering and I kinda liked what it is about. #Civil-Engineering #Industrial-Engineering #STEM-strand

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ayden998 views

How is the IT field

#engineering #computer #engineer #industrial-engineering

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joan677 views

What is your favorite part about working as a hardware engineer.

#IT # #engineering #engineer #computer-engineering #hardware #hardwareengineer #industrial-engineering

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alex658 views

Is it stressful to study electrical engineering?

#engineer #college #industrial-engineering

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexandra1379 views

Is industrial engineering a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #college-major #engineering #industrial-engineering Things you can consider for this specific question... What is industrial engineering? What can you do with a industrial engineering major? Are there a lot of opportunities in the field of industrial engineering/is the field growing? What did you do with your industrial engineering major?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Melvin1858 views

How can I become a manufacturing engineer with a mechanical engineering degree?

Hi, I'm currently a junior level mechanical engineering student with an interest in manufacturing because I've been reading a few magazines about it (Automation World, Pro Food World, etc if anyone's familiar) but I'm still trying to figure out the skills and education that I need for the industry. I know I need to learn about lean and Six Sigma, but should I understand anything else? #manufacturing #mechanical-engineering #mechanical-or-industrial-engineering #manufacturing-engineering #industrial-engineering

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Britney2035 views

Introverts in Engineering?

I'm curious about whether which engineering majors require more presenting and talking to large groups in both college/university and the real world. I just heard that mechanical has a lot of presenting ideas and would like to know about the other engineering majors. #engineering #mechanical-engineering #industrial-engineering #software-engineering #civil-engineering #chemical-engineer

answer icon10 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ty'ron811 views

What is the most successful route to become a engineer ?

I want to become an engineer to help construct and building things. What is a strategy or best way to get there? I am a little familiar with things people built around me. What is the most directive way to get there? #mechanical-engineering #industrial-engineering

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Coleen1586 views

Is being a girl somehow a factor for consideration when taking a degree in industrial engineering?

What Im trying to really know here is if it has any major or minor effects for a girl like other engineering tracks #futureie #girls-education #industrial-engineering #japan

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Darrian2125 views

How did failing a class in college affect your career decision?

I have recently just finished my first year of college. I am currently an Industrial Engineering major and i have failed calculus 2. At the moment, i am feeling very disappointed in myself and am considering switching majors. I know that is is my fault that I did not put in the necessary time to pass. I want to continue in engineering but this failure is making reevaluate everything. If you have every failed a class, how did you deal with it? What advice can you give to help me decide what be my next action be at this point? #college #engineering #career-counseling #academic-advising #industrial-engineering #failure #career-details #personal-development

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ivan1355 views

What is the difference between the different Engineering fields?

I recently decided to pursue the engineering field but I do not know what field to go into. #engineering #science #mechanical-engineering #electrical-engineering #software-engineering #aerospace-engineering #industrial-engineering

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tharles1126 views

How do you see meritocracy inside a company?

I am searching for an interniship, but I am seeing that sometimes people get a job easier when there is someone inside the conpany that rely on them, that has been indicated by someone else. But is it a problem for meritrocacy? I say, a person that does not have someone inside the company to indicate him. #business #management #civil-engineering #administration #industrial-engineering #executive-office

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon