Career questions tagged college-advice

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Weitao247 views

Is majoring in Computer Science worth it?

I'm a junior and I can't decide on a major for college.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexis118 views

How was the college experience, was it worth it, and was it fun?

I know I wanna go to college, but I don't know if it's completely worth the money.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aisha67 views

Is it still possible to get into a top 20 school with a 3.8 gpa?

For context in 9th grade I got a 4.0 gpa and for this year I got a 3.6 gpa for semester 1 despite the fact I had a 4 for all my classes except for marketing. I got a 3.2 which is considered an A at my school. But because I enrolled into marketing class late which is not my fault at all my teacher decided to give me 0.25/0.50 credit even though I made up the past work. My counselor decided to change my class before the end of the semester which I was so confused about and I wasn’t allowed to change my class. The way my school calculates gpa is extremely weird and unfair. There’s no way I got a 3.6 gpa for the first semester that doesn’t seem right. I am in 10th grade.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Grace78 views

What are the advantages or disadvantages of attending community college and transferring to a university?

I am a high school Junior and am looking into different college options. I am curious what the advantages and disadvantages are to attending a community college for the first 1-2 years and then transferring to a university.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Myrick169 views

If I'm Certain of a College Major and Career path should I ask professionals who studied the major or work in the Career path I'm interested in questions about what it's like and what I need to do to get there?

I'm a Sophomore Student in High-School I'm interested in Biomedical Engineering I'm starting to look at College that suit my needs and major

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Arel70 views

What should I look for when choosing a college or university?

What should I prioritize first: Sports, Major selection, diversity, if my friends are going.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Danielle229 views

What would you say is the most challenging part about attempting to pursue a career in law and criminal justice What makes it all worth it?

I'm currently wrapping up my junior year of high school, and am really trying to solidify what I want to do in college. Any words of advice and/or warning would be greatly appreciated.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kennedy300 views

How can I stand out for my nurse practitioner school interview?

What does the interviewer want to hear from the students applying to NP school

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
James316 views

How do prepare for college

How do you find a college that fit you and what you are studying

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aisha434 views

What are some extracurriculars I could do that is stem/medicine based?

I’ve had a lot of ideas on what Extracurriculars I want to do but they just seem too much for me to accomplish as a 16 year old. Some ideas I had was formulating an eco friendly sunscreen using chemistry principals but I would assume you need to have a degree in chemistry. Another idea was creating a skin cancer detecting app, or starting a program by going around to different schools, and/or community centers providing information on skin cancer and hosting events with the help of volunteers from my school. Honestly this all just seems really complicated for me to do especially without a mentor. I plan to start volunteering at a kidney center next month and get a part time job on the weekends. At the moment I am applying to stem/medicine based internships. I need some advice. I am 16 and in 10th grade. I plan to major in chemistry and I aspire to be a dermatologist.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Veronica525 views

Anything I can do over the summer that can improve my knowledge in the medical department?

I'm an organized person, and I've already planned a lot of things for the coming year, like taking extra classes, joining clubs, and volunteering. But I still want to do more to get ready for college. I know summer programs are a good option, but I'm not sure where to find them. Plus, I’m getting a job and taking a family vacation during the summer. I'm looking for online options or programs that can give me college credit and give me time to work with my other commitments.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Myrick324 views

How do I prepare myself for the career I'm interested in?

I want to be prepared for a career in engineering I'm interested in Biomedical Engineering but don't know how to prepare myself to become a Biomedical Engineer.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aniya473 views

What is the main thing I need to include in my college essay?

I am a junior in high school and my favorite classes are math and science. My hobbies are reading, writing and hair styling. I want to major in either psychology, nursing, or information technology.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Khylah470 views

What do I do when I get there?

Hi I'm Khylah and I'm in 11th grade I'm planning on doing running start and I'm super scared if I'm being honest I don't know my path or where i should go I already have a dream college so I just need help on what classes i can take?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bri325 views

What are some tips in applying for college ?

I am a junior in highschool and I am worrying about applying for college to late.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lela247 views

Do I have to go to a big college to get a good education?

I don't want to go to a big college, but I still want to get a good education and learn the profession that I want to learn without paying the money to go to a big school.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jalyce272 views

what is the best college to attend and what advice would you give as a college student?

i want to know what colleges are the best to attend for my career of choice which is to be a certified athletic trainer.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Stephanie301 views

How do I choose my major if I'm passionate about two different things?

I'm really passionate about film and education, but am struggling on which to major in. I enjoy the education class I'm currently in more than the film theory class I took last semester and feel that it's the reason why I feel conflicted on my prospective major, but I also want to become a director and feel that it's important to immerse myself deeply in classes that pertain to it.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Valentina446 views

What got you into college?

What got you into college? What are some things that colleges like to see? If I’m a sophomore in high school, what unique thing should I do?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gabriela467 views

Research mentor outside of high school ?

Is there a website or any way I can find a mentor for an independent research? My high school is not an option anymore since I am already a graduate, and I also don’t have enough resources and not even a budget to be spending on this.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gabriela451 views

Can I work on independent research while not being a high school student?

My country’s academic system is different than the US. So, I have already graduated and I’m 18 still not in university, but I really want to do an independent research project and try to get it published somewhere. Is it possible or legitimate for me to do it on my own without teachers or help and use this project as an activity for my college application? It’s actually a passion project and not to make my application look good, however, I have seen that most of these are done with mentors and such and I don’t have one available and I am unsure on where and how I could find one. I wouldn’t need a lab because it’s for a psychology social research, I would just need people to answer a few questions I would formulate on a form and I would go from there.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Wyatt150 views

What is life like on Campus?

I know every college is different and every student is, but what is campus life like on campuses in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Wyatt198 views

How do you make yourself more appealing to colleges?

I'm wanting to get into the University of St. Thomas and I know the school is a bit more prestigious than some. Any tips?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lauren345 views

where is the best place to get a biology degree?

I'm going into my junior year of high school and I'm trying to find what direction to go in life.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bill360 views

How do I become an illustrator with the least amount of college?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sophia189 views

What is the best course to study in college ?

Hi, I'm 14 years old grade 10th student. I need advice on what to study in college

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ashlynn473 views

How long do you go to college to be a Midwife?

I'm wanting to get advice from an actual Midwife because they went through the experience in college to become one.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mia272 views

What college is right for you?

What is the purpose of college education? Why do we invest so much time, effort, and money into obtaining a degree? What are the benefits that college education offers to individuals and society as a whole? These are some of the questions that arise when we think about the role of college in today's world. Some argue that college education is essential for career advancement, personal growth, and intellectual development. Others believe that college education is overrated, costly, and not always relevant to the real world. What do you think?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jack328 views

How would I go about becoming a veterinarian ?

I'm 16. I'll be graduating highschool in 2025 when I'm 17. I'd like to study veterinary science and eventually become a veterinarian. I don't know where to start though. What courses should I take? Were should I go to study? Should I settle for a vet tech? Should I pursue something else? I have no idea what I'm doing or who to talk to about what I should be doing to prepare.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John314 views

Double concentration?

I want to go to the L.A. Film School and major in Film Production but I would want to have my concentration on either Directing or Cinematography. Is there any way I could have my concentration on both?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon