Career Questions tagged College Advice

Curious as to what goes on inside a college classroom, or how college students applied for graduation? Not sure if you are ready? Get some college advice. For more information,...

Jayden Z.’s Avatar
Jayden Z. May 06 102 views
Cayden C.’s Avatar
Cayden C. May 05 85 views

What can help me figure this out

I’m also trying to play football in college,so I want something with sports related in my career.

Jonathan V.’s Avatar
Jonathan V. Apr 15 153 views

Should I choose the college that's better overall or better for my major?

I sometimes wonder if my major will be better in a college that's deemed worse compared to other colleges and so should I go with the college that is considered better, or the college that is better for my major.

John S.’s Avatar
John S. Apr 09 101 views

How can I choose a career path from a Social science degree and how can I prepare my self right now to be good at what I would like to do?

Over the years I had put much effort into passing my secondary and high school subjects. By God's grace, I passed all. It reached a time to select the best subjects to proceed with but since I was good at almost every subject, I chose the ones I chose. Fast forward to selecting a university...

Danielle L.’s Avatar
Danielle L. Apr 08 91 views

Should I do a CS bootcamp during my freshman year of college or take a gap year after high school to do it?

I tend to be comfortable handling heavy work loads but at the same time I don't want to get too stressed out. But I have gotten advice from someone that works in IT that did a bootcamp while in college, they've encouraged me to do the same and that there's no need to take a gap year for it. I...

Nathan L.’s Avatar
Nathan L. Apr 07 80 views
R J.’s Avatar
R J. Apr 06 129 views

How important are extra-curricular activities and like student clubs, volunteering etc to getting into med school? I'm a bit worried because in my first year of university I just focused on school and didn't join any clubs yet.

Yeah like the title says, I feel a bit behind the curve because although I have a good GPA from my first year, my resume and professional life are kind of lacking in regards to some of my peers. I do plan on volunteering and trying to get coop jobs this summer and of course later on in...

Anita S.’s Avatar
Anita S. Apr 06 161 views

Is college generally more laid back than high school?

I've heard that college is a lot less stressful and 'fast-paced' in comparison to high school. Is this true?

Emily T.’s Avatar
Emily T. Apr 05 67 views

Can colleges reconsider admitting a student if the student performs poorly their second semester of senior year?

Although I’m not yet a senior, I’m worried about how I’ll perform in the future since I know a lot of seniors who’ve lost motivation their second semester.

Elaine S.’s Avatar
Elaine S. Apr 04 102 views

What exactly is work study/How does it work?

I am an incoming freshman who is potentially going to UCSD in the fall of 2022(majoring in Computer Science). Even though my scholarships and financial aid covered everything for me, I still want to have back ups, like having a job or doing work study. Therefore, I want to know how does work...

Jason X.’s Avatar
Jason X. Apr 04 119 views

What are the requirements of being a data scientist?

Hello, I would like to ask questions about what you would need in order to become a good data scientist, as it does sound interesting.

Jason X.’s Avatar
Jason X. Apr 04 82 views

City College and then State/UC Colleges or straight to State/UC?

Hello CareerVillage, I would like to ask if there are any pros or cons to going to a city college and then transferring out to a state university. Have you figured out what you wanted to do in that amount of time going to city college?

William C.’s Avatar
William C. Apr 03 108 views

What college courses should I take to become an engineer?

I'm a junior in high school that wants to major in engineering. I'm also taking classes to achieve my major. However, I was wondering about the different college courses that I should take to become an engineer.

Khristian C.’s Avatar
Khristian C. Apr 03 76 views

How does choosing classes in college work? What should I consider when getting ready for college and what if I don't have a major?

I am going to graduate from high school pretty soon and I'm worried that I will have a harder time in college if I don't have a major chosen yet.

Helen F.’s Avatar
Helen F. Apr 03 96 views

Do you recommend students to double-major?

I have a career goal and know what my passion is but I’d also like to study something that I like at college (eg. design). What should I do?

smith M.’s Avatar
smith M. Apr 01 100 views

Game-Designing colleges anywhere in the U.S.

I'm trying to find good colleges for Game-Designing for after I finish my education in high-school does anyone have good suggestions.

stephanie L.’s Avatar
stephanie L. Mar 26 180 views

How to handle rejection

With college decisions coming out, I'm facing a lot of back-to-back rejection from schools... it's brutal this year. I'm wondering what are some ways you've dealt with it (or deal with it, if you're also getting college rejection letters)? Obviously, I got rejected from my dream school and it...

Matthew Q.’s Avatar
Matthew Q. Mar 25 129 views
Daisy L.’s Avatar
Daisy L. Mar 25 97 views

What can I do to pay for college?

I'm going to college this fall and I fear I may be too late to get scholarships.

Anita S.’s Avatar
Anita S. Mar 25 145 views

Does the college I go to affect my chances of getting into Medical School?

I'm currently a sophomore, but post-high school, I plan on attending a college in the New England Region. Afterward, I aspire to attend Medical School and become a certified Pediatrician :)

Samuel L.’s Avatar
Samuel L. Mar 21 85 views

What's Important for College

What's the most important thing (s) to bring to college ?
This can be skills or objects.
#prepared #college # collegelife

Alorna B.’s Avatar
Alorna B. Mar 19 118 views

What are the benefits of going to college?

I'm looking to become a Power Plant Operator, and want to get my bachelor's at Mississippi State University in Mechanical Engineering. Would this actually benefit me?

Alexander F.’s Avatar
Alexander F. Mar 02 135 views

How do you decide what college to pick?

I want to be a physicist but I don't know what college I should try to get into. Any recommendation? #college-advice #physics