Career Questions tagged College Advice

Curious as to what goes on inside a college classroom, or how college students applied for graduation? Not sure if you are ready? Get some college advice. For more information,...

Ousmane’s Avatar
Ousmane yesterday 23 views

What college did you go? Why did you go there? How long you been there?

What are some tips about college?

Casandra’s Avatar
Casandra 2 days ago 19 views

what skills for medical assisting do you have that accomplished you for this capacity?

I can use all the tips and advice

Michael’s Avatar
Michael Sep 21 45 views

What are some interesting subjects to study in college ?

What are some interesting subjects to study when you go to collage

Kaylynn’s Avatar
Kaylynn Sep 20 49 views

Where are good places to go to school for sonography in Oklahoma?

I am leaving my current career and need some advice.

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Sep 17 64 views

What careers and college majors would you consider if these were your interests?

Not sure if it's the same for other high school students but mine has us focus on self-awareness and college prep as part of curriculum outside of working with our guidance counselors. It's part of my english class. Something we have been working on is an essay about our career interests. I am...

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew Sep 15 92 views

Business Administration Supply Chain Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management, or Supply Chain Management?

I'm on my college search process at the moment and I was wondering what's the diffrence between the three majors? Would one be more valuable to an empoyler?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Sep 07 80 views

If I want to become a Cybersecurity Analyst, what should I get my bachelors in?

(Asking for my brother) Should I get my bachelors in computer information sciences, IT, or computer science? I was also considering my bachelors with an undergraduate cybersecurity certificate? Will I get a job if I have this combo?

Bryan’s Avatar
Bryan Sep 01 122 views

What careers do you think relate to my interests?

Hi everyone, I did some self-reflection to think about my career interests and what to study in college. I’m a high school senior looking to combine interests in public policy, law, and computer science for social impact. Areas of social impact I am interested in are income inequality, health...

Cai’s Avatar
Cai Aug 29 81 views

A few questions, which are all relatively different.

Question 1: Are there some college classes which can be done early, to only attend classes which focus on the chosen Major? Question 2: For a Business Major, what are some extra classes that can be taken to help one exceed in the Business world? Question 3: If one was to seek a position as a...

maddie’s Avatar
maddie Aug 29 164 views

How do you become a k-pop star?

I really love BTS and Blackpink so I am wondering do you have to be korean to become a k-pop star and do you have to have pale skin like koreans. I have already started to learn korean. How do you become a k-pop star?

Brandon’s Avatar
Brandon Aug 26 152 views

What kind of college is good for both hands-on learning in classroom learning?

I would love to find a college that would offer both hands-on learning and out-of-the-book.

Halle’s Avatar
Halle Aug 26 132 views

Where would be a good place to go to school for auto body?

I can't decide if school is best for me, or if I could just go straight into the work force.

Johnny-Angel’s Avatar
Johnny-Angel Aug 23 154 views

What is an average workday as a Nurse Anesthetist working in the Operating Room?

I am looking for advice on becoming a nurse anesthetist and wondering what an everyday work day looks like. Thanks for any tips/advice :)

Johnny-Angel’s Avatar
Johnny-Angel Aug 23 138 views

How was equilibrium maintained while going to work as a RN and going to school to become a Nurse Anesthetist?

I am looking for advice on becoming a nurse anesthetist and wondering what's in my path. Thanks for any tips/advice :)

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew Aug 17 109 views

How would I reach my goal if I had to stay in state for college?

I really want to go out of state for college as there's not many opportunities in South Dakota. If I were to stay in state for college, so I was wondering how I would reach my goal of a supply chain engineer, or some other supply chain job? Would an operations management minor and a management...

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew Aug 12 198 views

Are MOOCS good on a college application?

I was wondering if Mass Open Online Courses are good on a college application if I don't pay for a certification?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 10 166 views

What is the best associates degree to get before getting a bachelor's degree in cybersecurity?

Both my younger brother and sister want to earn their associate's degree in cybersecurity, However, I'm concerned that they will be unable to find jobs after graduating with only their associate's degree. I've researched cybersecurity jobs, and discovered that most, if not all require at least...

Cera’s Avatar
Cera Aug 09 207 views

Things to Research About Colleges

I've been looking at colleges for a while now trying to narrow down what one I'd like to go to. I just want to see what kinds of things to look for that make one college better than the other. I plan on living in the dorms, so I'll definitely look at those, but other than that (and the fact...

Kai’s Avatar
Kai Aug 07 182 views

Shifting courses

Hi! I'm a freshman in college and i'm thinking about shifting courses from Bachelor of science in business administration to Bachelor of science in medical technology by the end of our first sem. Is that okay? Will i go back to first year again if i do that?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 05 163 views

Two questions on choosing a career and college/university.

I will graduate from a community college in Spring 2023 with an accounting degree. I plan on working for 2-3 years and then going back to school. I regret that I did not spend more time researching degrees, doing HS internships, or exploring different community colleges while in high school....

Tatiana’s Avatar
Tatiana Aug 03 216 views

What type of animation jobs have flexible hours + stable pay?

Hello, everyone. While I researched animation roles, I learned that some workers may work long hours/overtime, or that animators work project-to-project. The fact that some people may go through a period of no work with studios or experience high levels of burnout troubles me (as that is...

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Aug 01 210 views

Is it advisable to take dual enrollment while I enter the senior year of high school?

My school doesn't offer many AP classes, and I'm trying to challenge myself academically. Is it advisable for me to take community college classes during my senior year, and how will it affect my college applications?

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Aug 01 94 views

Does certification improve my chances of getting into my top school?

I have 10 non-credit certifications from accredited universities like Stanford University, Harvard and USC universities, but I'm quite confused if they're really significant on college applications.

Ivana’s Avatar
Ivana Jul 31 135 views

Hi, I would like to go to a certain school but it is expensive so I need a plan B. My aunt gave me the idea of starting at a CUNY or somewhere cheaper and then transferring to the other school my last two years. This is definitely a good option and I was wondering what you guys think of it? Is there anything that I should be aware of (besides transferring credits) in regards to transferring? Thanks

I'm going to be a high school senior and plan to do this because I'm not exactly sure what do study & don't want to spend 30k/year trying to figure it out...

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Jul 28 215 views

What paths can a high school student take if they want to pursue a career in the medical field?

Most of my extra-curricular activities are geared towards advocacy, public health, arts and medicine. What are some tips that you can give me as I aspire to be a pediatrician?

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Jul 26 168 views

What are some tips to prepare for college applications?

I'm a rising senior and a first generation student. The whole college application feels new to me and it looks like it's a lot. What are some tips that you have?

Marco’s Avatar
Marco Jul 20 86 views

What classes do I take in college?

Working towards becoming a Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) and don't know what classes to take when I get to college.

Katherine’s Avatar
Katherine Jul 20 196 views

What extracurriculars should I participate in?

I was wondering what extracurriculars and stuff I can do to help me get accepted in the biomedical engineering major?

Hydeia’s Avatar
Hydeia Jul 14 143 views

School Counselor 101

I am interested in getting advice on how to become a school counselor. I am interested in behavioral health and social emotional learning for students.

Nami’s Avatar
Nami Jul 13 158 views

What path do I take for these careers?

Hello, I am torn between the career options I've narrowed for myself. I am interested in both being an Agent and business manager for artists, performers, and athletes and also becoming a marketing manager. I'm not sure which pathway I want to pursue because they are both interesting however,...