Career Questions tagged College Advice

Curious as to what goes on inside a college classroom, or how college students applied for graduation? Not sure if you are ready? Get some college advice. For more information,...

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Sep 14, 2018 473 views

How can I handle a part-time job and college at the same time?

I'm not in college but I do plan on working part-time while doing full-time college. Are there any ways I can prepare myself? #work-life-balance #college-advice #job #student...

banita T.’s Avatar
banita T. Sep 01, 2017 529 views

What's it's like being in college?

everybody always says its fun and you get to do what you want but is it really all that's it cracked up to be. I wanna make the right decision and I know I have to experience it for myself but I still would Love some people opinions on it.#college-life #college...

#college-advice

Pallas-Amenah M.’s Avatar
Pallas-Amenah M. May 24, 2016 409 views

The college I will attend in the Fall wants me to be a "walk on" for track. I never requested to participate in sports.; I would like to concentrate on my studies. Should I do it, or should I concentrate on my studies?

I was the 2015 State Champion for JV Girls Cross Country (Independent Schools). I also hold my school's record for the 400 meter event. I need more scholarships, but I really want to concentrate on my studies. I do not want to lose the scholarships I already have. #college #career...

#running #college-admissions #college-advice

Maya G.’s Avatar
Maya G. May 24, 2016 544 views

How will I know of college is the right step for me?

In my family, I am apart of the first generation to attend college. Recently, I've gained some doubts about going to college, because most of my family is not supportive of me attending college. I have been accepted to my dream school and enrolled, but I don't know if I'll be able to continue...

#people #career-counseling #college-advice #college

Jennifer V.’s Avatar
Jennifer V. May 24, 2016 555 views

What are the most important classes in the physical therapist field? How many credits do I have to take?

I love physical therapy, my mother broke her leg about four months ago, I stayed with her from the beginning of the process until the end, I watch how : doctors, nurses, and even physical therapist treated my mom. I felt in love with what they did for her.I want to know what are the most...

#physical-therapy #physical-therapist #college-advice #medicine

Brittani P.’s Avatar
Brittani P. May 24, 2016 455 views

What are the most important classes to take for Neonatal Nursing?

I am about to become a freshman in college and I would like to become a Neonatal nurse. Ever since i was a little girl, looking through the glass at the babies was always the first thing an the only thing i wanted to do hen walked into a hospital. #doctor #neonatal #nursing #medicine...

#college-advice

Sarah T.’s Avatar
Sarah T. Sep 01, 2017 235 views

How can I be more involved in campus events while living off-campus?

My only method of transportation is riding the Port Authority bus line to and from campus, and I don't want to miss out on an opportunity to make friends or learn something new. #offcampus #college...

#college-advice

Nathali B.’s Avatar
Nathali B. Sep 01, 2017 796 views

Is it important and helpful to join clubs or organizations in college?

I am a full time student in college and have been interested in joining a couple of organizations but I have not committed. #collegelife #college #academic #academic-advising...

#college-advice

Alexandra K.’s Avatar
Alexandra K. Aug 31, 2017 344 views

What is like to start your first year of college in Spring?

I am starting college in January at the spring session. I am not sure if it is exactly like starting in fall or not. #collegefreshman #college...

#college-advice

Eve L.’s Avatar
Eve L. Aug 31, 2017 564 views

What are the advantages of going to an all women university?

I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of going to either an all women school or a co-ed school but I'm not sure how to compare them since I've only ever gone to a co-ed school #college-applications #college #college-selection #college-advice...

#college-admissions

Aliana G.’s Avatar
Aliana G. Sep 01, 2017 387 views

How can I be successful in college?

How can I still be active in school( go to sporting games, etc) and have good grades? #success #college-advice...

Sarah M.’s Avatar
Sarah M. Sep 01, 2017 326 views

How can you know if it's the right decision to take a gap year before college?

I have been considering taking a gap year before I start college, however, at the same time I feel ready to begin college life. I researched and talk to others but didn't really receive any great advice. How can you make this decision? #travel #maturity #hardchoice #college #college-advice...

#gap-year

Cole  W.’s Avatar
Cole W. Sep 01, 2017 357 views

How do I know if I should transfer schools?

Im wanting to transfer to NYU, but how much will I gain if I transfer? How much does my undergrad really matter? #decision-making #academic-advising #college-transfer...

#college-advice

John H.’s Avatar
John H. Sep 01, 2017 350 views

Is college right for me, and if so, what should I major in when I'm interested in so many career fields?

I've changed my major so many times I feel that I should just major in everything. Financially speaking, not a great choice. #college-major #college #college-advice #academic-advising...

#majorineverything

Taylor W.’s Avatar
Taylor W. Sep 01, 2017 336 views

What things must I take with me when I move into college? What isn't necessary to take?

Dorms are small but I want to have what I need since I most likely will not have a car. I don't want to run out of space with unnecessary things. #movein #college...

#college-advice

Hannah M.’s Avatar
Hannah M. Sep 01, 2017 452 views

Should I take both the SAT and ACT?

The colleges I am interested in accept both test scores. Should I take both to see if I do better on one or the other? #scholarships #college #college-advice...

#college-advising

Katie M.’s Avatar
Katie M. Sep 01, 2017 260 views

What are the biggest challenges that we will face once in college? And how can we deal with them properly ?

I am asking this because I've been told all the benefits about college and only one struggle which was money. I want to know the other challenges because I want to succeed in college. #collegeproblems #college...

#college-advice

Jubaida S.’s Avatar
Jubaida S. Sep 01, 2017 412 views

For someone attempting 30 credits a year, what tips or advice would you give to them?

I am asking this question because I am one of those that are attempting 30 credits a year to graduate in four years, on time. #aspiringgraduate #college #college-advice...

#academic-advising

Vanessa  B.’s Avatar
Vanessa B. Aug 12, 2016 485 views

Are there any efficient ways to finish medical school earlier?

I understand that becoming a doctor is a long process but I want to finish my schooling earlier so that I can explore the world around me and to broaden my perspective of the world around me. #travel #college-advice #medicine...

#hospital-and-health-care

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Oct 27, 2016 920 views
Daija P.’s Avatar
Daija P. May 09, 2016 601 views

How do I go about getting my college in mind do recognize me ?

I am planning ahead for my future in college and would love to learn more about the application process. #college #college-admissions #college-advice #higher-education...

#career

Savannah V.’s Avatar
Savannah V. Sep 01, 2017 492 views
Shannon H.’s Avatar
Shannon H. Sep 01, 2017 411 views
Taylor H.’s Avatar
Taylor H. Sep 01, 2017 478 views

Does a Master's Degree actually open more job fields and bigger pay opportunities?

I have a bachelors degree and currently am pursuing a Masters, but I was wondering if it was worth all the money and time? Will more job opportunities be available? Will pay be higher? #isitworthit #college-advice #financial-planning...

#masters-degree

Shyheim  L.’s Avatar
Shyheim L. Feb 21, 2017 539 views

How many years do you have to go to school to be a sports trainer?

This is my back-up plan in case modeling don't work out. #sports #training #entrepreneurship #college-advice...

#professional-training

ashton S.’s Avatar
ashton S. Aug 31, 2017 340 views

What are the best scholarships to get for nursing?

I start school on 18th of September of this year. I'm working part time and needing to find scholarships that will help pay for school. I graduated this year in may. so finding scholarships that will help out a ton! #lpn #practicalnursing #scholarships #nursing #medicine #college-advice...

#financial-planning

Karina V.’s Avatar
Karina V. Aug 30, 2017 401 views

Is it better to get a 2 year degree at a community college or a university?

I want to major in Sonography, which is a degree that can be earned in 2 years. Would it be better to study my major at a community college where I can save money, or study at a university. #sonography #ultrasound #medicine...

#college-advice