Career Questions tagged College Advice

Curious as to what goes on inside a college classroom, or how college students applied for graduation? Not sure if you are ready? Get some college advice. For more information,...

Annie M.’s Avatar
Annie M. Jul 01 174 views

Is taking 17 credits per semester worth it?

I want to finish my 4-year bachelor's degree in 2 years. I want to get enough ap credits. Right now I want to do something related to business. Is it okay if I take 8 credits the second term of the summer semester before my Freshman year of college? I am talking about the 6-week term. Is it...

#college-advice #finance #college-major #college-admissions #apclasses #graduation #college

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Feb 07, 2017 399 views
Aamish C.’s Avatar
Aamish C. May 13, 2016 552 views
Pallas-Amenah M.’s Avatar
Pallas-Amenah M. May 24, 2016 361 views

The college I will attend in the Fall wants me to be a "walk on" for track. I never requested to participate in sports.; I would like to concentrate on my studies. Should I do it, or should I concentrate on my studies?

I was the 2015 State Champion for JV Girls Cross Country (Independent Schools). I also hold my school's record for the 400 meter event. I need more scholarships, but I really want to concentrate on my studies. I do not want to lose the scholarships I already have. #college #career...

#college-advice #college-admissions #running

Maya G.’s Avatar
Maya G. May 24, 2016 453 views

How will I know of college is the right step for me?

In my family, I am apart of the first generation to attend college. Recently, I've gained some doubts about going to college, because most of my family is not supportive of me attending college. I have been accepted to my dream school and enrolled, but I don't know if I'll be able to continue...

#college-advice #people #college #career-counseling

Jennifer V.’s Avatar
Jennifer V. May 24, 2016 491 views

What are the most important classes in the physical therapist field? How many credits do I have to take?

I love physical therapy, my mother broke her leg about four months ago, I stayed with her from the beginning of the process until the end, I watch how : doctors, nurses, and even physical therapist treated my mom. I felt in love with what they did for her.I want to know what are the most...

#college-advice #physical-therapist #medicine #physical-therapy

Brittani P.’s Avatar
Brittani P. May 24, 2016 394 views

What are the most important classes to take for Neonatal Nursing?

I am about to become a freshman in college and I would like to become a Neonatal nurse. Ever since i was a little girl, looking through the glass at the babies was always the first thing an the only thing i wanted to do hen walked into a hospital. #doctor #neonatal #nursing #medicine...

#college-advice

Vanessa  B.’s Avatar
Vanessa B. Aug 12, 2016 412 views

Are there any efficient ways to finish medical school earlier?

I understand that becoming a doctor is a long process but I want to finish my schooling earlier so that I can explore the world around me and to broaden my perspective of the world around me. #medical #travel #college-advice #medicine...

#hospital-and-health-care

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Oct 27, 2016 846 views
Daija P.’s Avatar
Daija P. May 09, 2016 482 views

How do I go about getting my college in mind do recognize me ?

I am planning ahead for my future in college and would love to learn more about the application process. #college #college-admissions #college-advice #higher-education...

#career

Shyheim  L.’s Avatar
Shyheim L. Feb 21, 2017 461 views

How many years do you have to go to school to be a sports trainer?

This is my back-up plan in case modeling don't work out. #sports #training #entrepreneurship #college-advice...

#professional-training

rajendra D.’s Avatar
rajendra D. Apr 29, 2016 367 views

How do we improve our studies in the college?

Because nowadays students are more interested in playing games so what new method should be applied to improve your our study #college #college-bound #college-advice #college- #studying-tips...

#study-skills

AZIZ A.’s Avatar
AZIZ A. Apr 28, 2016 529 views
Rj J.’s Avatar
Rj J. Dec 11, 2016 548 views

What's the best way to make your resume stand out on top of your peers?

Hi I'm a student at Westwood High School which is ranked 48 for academics out of all the high schools in the country. This means we have lots of competition amongst our peers. I'm currently trying to build a resume that won't only look better than my peers but also grab the attention of good...

#college-advice #volunteering #job-application #resume-writing #college

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Apr 13, 2017 358 views

How can I stand out more to admissions to get off a college's waitlist?

A college student that got waitlisted by preferred transfer school. #college-admissions #college-advice...

#college-transfer

hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Mar 28, 2017 444 views

which college/university is good for biotechnology?

i have at last decided that i would pursue biotechnology for sure. Now the question is which college/university should i apply for ? i also need some advice about which course should i take : bsc(biotechnology) , medical biotechnology, molecular biotechnology or genetic engineering . my aim is...

#college-advice #college-admissions #university #career-advice #biotechnology #professor #college

Ching Ting N.’s Avatar
Ching Ting N. Mar 08, 2017 753 views

Does GPA really matter in the job market?

I often feel stressed out and anxious over midterms and papers because I am afraid of getting bad grades. However, it takes so much of my time to do my school work that I even feel that doing exercise, cooking healthy meals, doing chores or meeting my friends are all a waste of time. Is GPA...

#college-advice #career-counseling #academic-advising #career-advice #personal-development #time-management #career

Jordan C.’s Avatar
Jordan C. Feb 09, 2017 483 views

No qualifications want to go to university or study abroad

I left school with the minimum amount of GCSE's and I want to study abroad or go to university to change my life is it impossible for me to achieve this and how would I be able to do this? #college #career #university #career-counseling #advice #college-advice #career-advice...

#life-coach

Jordan C.’s Avatar
Jordan C. Feb 03, 2017 479 views

I'm Massively overwhelmed with my future plans.

Is there anyone I can talk to? #college-advice #career-advice...

#general-advice

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 17, 2017 326 views

How do I go to a college as a non-degree seeking student?

After I graduate (with a Bachelors and Masters Degree), I need to re-take a few courses and take a few new ones to prepare for my next applications. But, how does one go to a 4 year college as non-degree seeking? Is the admissions process the same as undergrad? Do I have to apply or do I just...

#college-advice #veterinary #graduate-school #college-admissions #college-applications #non-degree #college

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Jan 03, 2017 392 views

Does commuting strip a person of their college experience?

My sister who is a dormer has always lamented to me how important it is to dorm and move away from home. She emphasized on the key phrase "college experience." Instead of listening to her, I am opting to commute because of the internships available for my major in the city. I am wondering if...

#college-advice #college-selection #college-bound #college-admissions #college

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Dec 10, 2016 514 views

Does college rankings matter?

I remembered back in high school, rankings was a big thing to me. I would constantly check usnews and other websites to see where a certain school ranked before applying to it. However, now that I'm in a college that is averagely ranked, I am wondering if ranking of a college really does...

#college-advice #college-selection #career-counseling #student-counseling #high-school-students #college #college-admissions #counseling

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 18, 2016 525 views

Will it be hard to dorm in college?

I was wondering if by some miracle I can dorm at the college I want to go to, will it be terrifying to go through the new adjustment of going home to a dorm on campus? I want to mentally prepare myself if that actually happens to me. I would like to know if the new change would be very...

#college-advice #advice #college

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 18, 2016 400 views

What are some good colleges to look into if I am interested in computer science and art?

I am deeply invested in the area of computer science, However, I do have an appreciation for the arts. I was wondering what are some good recommendation schools to look into for those fields. Also wondering would it be hard having to adjust your course schedules with both of those fields. I...

#art #college-advice #computer-science #academic-advising #college

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 08, 2016 731 views

Would it be wise to take the SAT and ACT?

I am a rising junior at Kearny High School. I definitely know that I am taking the SAT in upcoming months, but I am not too sure if I should also take the ACT. I would like to know what makes up the ACT and if I should take it before the SAT or after the SAT. #college #college-advice...

#testing

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. Sep 07, 2016 533 views

What is the most important factor when looking into a buying a laptop for school?

My name is Briana, and I am currently a freshman in college. Throughout the summer, I had received a check for a local scholarship and am very thankful. With this money, I had planned to spend more than I currently had on textbooks. As I had spent most of y middle and high school career with a...

#college-advice #computers #computer #teacher #higher-education #college-student #educational-technology

Kartik C.’s Avatar
Kartik C. Aug 31, 2016 445 views

How to get internships during summer vacations?

After next semester I want to apply for internship. #career #career-counseling #internships #career-choice #college-advice...

#academic-advising