Career Questions tagged College Essay

Hilary’s Avatar
Hilary Dec 16, 2022 143 views

What does college usually look at in a college essay?

I am about to write college essays for my college applications and would like to know how to make my application seem better than the rest. This will help me in writing my essay.

Hritwik’s Avatar
Hritwik Jul 14, 2022 249 views

I will be applying for MS from USA, can anyone suggest me on writing SOPs and LORs.

I'm looking to pursue MS in CS from USA in 2023, I'm done with tests and will start with application process. Thanks

Daniela’s Avatar
Daniela Jul 22, 2020 320 views

How can you make your college essay original?

#high-school #college-essay

Hannah’s Avatar
Hannah Aug 30, 2018 515 views

How can you come up with interesting stories to tell in your college essay?

#college #college-applications #college-essay

MaryAnn’s Avatar
MaryAnn Apr 18, 2018 757 views

What are scholarship essay judges usually looking for, aside from good grammar and syntax?

When someone is applying for a scholarship that includes an essay, how do the judges usually choose the winner? Obviously it will vary based on the topic, but what makes up a good scholarship essay?

#scholarship #scholarships #scholarship-essay #college-essay

Isabelle’s Avatar
Isabelle Jan 24, 2018 535 views

What steps should I take when writing my college essays?

Is there anything specific I should or should’t do when writing my college essay? What are the most common mistakes others make and how can they be fixed? Should I show my teachers for help? #essay #college-essay

Alysia’s Avatar
Alysia Jan 16, 2018 824 views

What can better me into getting a better chance with the essay scholarships?

I'm a very lazy person especially when it comes to writing. But when work needs to be put into it I will do it. I don't understand how people can get a scholarship just by using the same phrase over and over then bam get in. It frankly is not the way I want to stand out. Overall I'm asking for...

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby Oct 24, 2017 720 views

How formal should my college essays be?

I'm a bit unsure as to the exact style in which admissions are expecting essays. I was told to make them both personal and professional, but I'm not quite sure how to integrate the two. One person said I should avoid contractions at all costs and another said it is most important that the...

Gillian’s Avatar
Gillian Sep 01, 2017 535 views

What are the most common topics on scholarship essays?

I want to stand out and be different from everyone else, so I think it would be very beneficial to know what not to right about. #scholarships #different #financial-aid #college-essay

Ursula’s Avatar
Ursula Apr 14, 2017 1084 views

Is it okay to listen to music while studying?

I always listen to music or put the tv as background noise while I'm studying and I feel like it helps me concentrate (when I feel like it's bothering me or I get to a harder topic I turn it off), but every time my sister comes to my room and sees me doing this she always gives me a lecture...

Daniella’s Avatar
Daniella Dec 30, 2016 756 views

When applying to universities, the people at admissions always enjoy reading unconventional essays. How does one know that what they are writing fits this criteria?

I've been watching many interviews and videos about how the people at the admissions department enjoy unique essays as well as students who believe their essays are what really helped them get into the university. How can you make sure that one is writing something on the flamboyant side?...

Paul’s Avatar
Paul Dec 17, 2016 5757 views

Can someone proofread my college transfer essay?

Essay prompt: Please provide a statement that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve. You can type directly into the box, or you can paste text from another source. (250-650 words) I have always challenged myself academically, I have taken advanced...

Nada’s Avatar
Nada Dec 10, 2016 889 views

What is a good way to ensure that your scholarship essay/form/answer gets considered?

I want to be prepared for when I begin applying for scholarships and such as I am in high school now. #scholarships #college-essay

Ralia’s Avatar
Ralia Jun 26, 2016 1215 views

What do people look for in a scholarship application?

I am going to be searching for scholarships this upcoming year, and I would like to know what to highlight or include in order to benefit my chances. #scholarships #colleges #scholarship #college-essay

Amy’s Avatar
Amy Jun 02, 2016 788 views

What are important factors in accepted college applications to the Ivy League?

A dream would be to be accepted to an Ivy League university and I was wondering what would be important in an acceptance. #college #college-bound #ivy-league #application #college-essay

Amy’s Avatar
Amy Jun 02, 2016 1116 views

What makes a successful college essay?

I am thinking of starting my college essays and don't know what to include in it. #college #college-essay

Lauren’s Avatar
Lauren May 18, 2016 847 views

How to stand out in teacher's minds and think outside the box?

Hello again. This question seems absurd in itself as the answers are very gray not black and white. However, I am going to be a college freshman next year and am trying to get outside my comfort zone. I am just realizing that there truly is no normal and I should stop asking people what they...