Career Questions tagged College Essay

MaryAnn A.’s Avatar
MaryAnn A. Apr 18, 2018 404 views

What are scholarship essay judges usually looking for, aside from good grammar and syntax?

When someone is applying for a scholarship that includes an essay, how do the judges usually choose the winner? Obviously it will vary based on the topic, but what makes up a good scholarship essay? #scholarship #scholarships #scholarship-essay...

#college-essay

Isabelle S.’s Avatar
Isabelle S. Jan 24, 2018 244 views

What steps should I take when writing my college essays?

Is there anything specific I should or should’t do when writing my college essay? What are the most common mistakes others make and how can they be fixed? Should I show my teachers for help? #essay...

#college-essay

Alysia C.’s Avatar
Alysia C. Jan 16, 2018 284 views

What can better me into getting a better chance with the essay scholarships?

I'm a very lazy person especially when it comes to writing. But when work needs to be put into it I will do it. I don't understand how people can get a scholarship just by using the same phrase over and over then bam get in. It frankly is not the way I want to stand out. Overall I'm asking for...

#college-essay #scholarships

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Oct 24, 2017 428 views

How formal should my college essays be?

I'm a bit unsure as to the exact style in which admissions are expecting essays. I was told to make them both personal and professional, but I'm not quite sure how to integrate the two. One person said I should avoid contractions at all costs and another said it is most important that the...

#writing #college-essay #college-admissions

Gillian B.’s Avatar
Gillian B. Sep 01, 2017 285 views

What are the most common topics on scholarship essays?

I want to stand out and be different from everyone else, so I think it would be very beneficial to know what not to right about. #scholarships #different #financial-aid...

#college-essay

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 14, 2017 667 views

Is it okay to listen to music while studying?

I always listen to music or put the tv as background noise while I'm studying and I feel like it helps me concentrate (when I feel like it's bothering me or I get to a harder topic I turn it off), but every time my sister comes to my room and sees me doing this she always gives me a lecture...

#college-essay #test #studying-tips #studying #finals #music

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Dec 30, 2016 487 views

When applying to universities, the people at admissions always enjoy reading unconventional essays. How does one know that what they are writing fits this criteria?

I've been watching many interviews and videos about how the people at the admissions department enjoy unique essays as well as students who believe their essays are what really helped them get into the university. How can you make sure that one is writing something on the flamboyant side?...

#college-essay #university #college-recruiting #university-applications #college #college-admissions #college-bound #university-recruiting

Paul V.’s Avatar
Paul V. Dec 17, 2016 3550 views

Can someone proofread my college transfer essay?

Essay prompt: Please provide a statement that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve. You can type directly into the box, or you can paste text from another source. (250-650 words) I have always challenged myself academically, I have taken advanced...

#college-essay #college-admissions #college-recruiting #writing #university-applications

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 10, 2016 635 views

What is a good way to ensure that your scholarship essay/form/answer gets considered?

I want to be prepared for when I begin applying for scholarships and such as I am in high school now. #scholarships...

#college-essay

Ralia C.’s Avatar
Ralia C. Jun 26, 2016 744 views

What do people look for in a scholarship application?

I am going to be searching for scholarships this upcoming year, and I would like to know what to highlight or include in order to benefit my chances. #scholarships #colleges #scholarship...

#college-essay

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 02, 2016 524 views

What are important factors in accepted college applications to the Ivy League?

A dream would be to be accepted to an Ivy League university and I was wondering what would be important in an acceptance. #college #college-bound #ivy-league #application...

#college-essay

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 02, 2016 824 views

What makes a successful college essay?

I am thinking of starting my college essays and don't know what to include in it. #college...

#college-essay

Lauren P.’s Avatar
Lauren P. May 18, 2016 542 views

How to stand out in teacher's minds and think outside the box?

Hello again. This question seems absurd in itself as the answers are very gray not black and white. However, I am going to be a college freshman next year and am trying to get outside my comfort zone. I am just realizing that there truly is no normal and I should stop asking people what they...

#life-transitions #college-essay #college-bound #professor