Career questions tagged career-advice

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
charles14 views

Is there a chance to advance in the security field?

Any chance of advance.

undefined's avatar
Sevan14 views

I there any thing I should know before going to get a Bachelor's in mechanical engineering ?

Just any tips or things I should already know about Mechanical Engineering

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jacob6 views

I want to get into the medical field but dont know where to go?

Where should I go into the nursing field if I want to make good money and help people at the same time. Without years of experience and years of college?

undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours181 views

How to become an Editor?

Lend your expertise: what does it take to become an Editor? Note: Given the growing interest in the publishing field, we're inviting our experienced professionals to share their knowledge.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours162 views

How to become a CT Tech?

Share your journey & guide aspiring CT Techs on their path! Note: We've seen a lot of interest in this career, so we're looking for guidance from our community of professionals.

undefined's avatar
Ruveyda138 views

How do you upgrade from Medical Laboratory Technician to Medical laboratory Technologist in Canada?

I live in Toronto and am currently studying Human Health Science. I have completed my second year and am currently taking summer school. I am still deciding whether to pursue a career as a Medical Lab Technologist or explore other options. The Michener Institute is the only college in Toronto that offers the MLT program, and I am aware that it is challenging to gain admission there. I am hesitant to leave Toronto because I do not have family in Canada, and my friends are here. Studying in Windsor or Kingston, where I would feel lonely, does not seem worth it to me. My question is, if Michener does not accept me into the program, and I choose to study as a Medical Lab Technician first, is there a pathway to become a Medical Lab Technologist without having to study for three years again?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jamie288 views

How to start a new career in the medical field after 40?

After 18 years in corporate marketing and a BA in psychology from 20 years ago I’d like to start a second career in the medical field. I am thinking of starting with a certificate in phlebotomy and then hopefully use tuition reimbursement to help pay for surgical tech school or another two year degree. I know I will take a huge financial set back but I don’t want to work in marketing or corporate anymore. Any advice?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
alexia194 views

Is this the right fit for the environments I am looking for?

I am interested in being a Ultrasound Technician. I work best in an environment with teamwork, relaxed pace, and structure. Is this a good fit for me?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bryan141 views

Barber School?

What should I learn to be a good barber? what kind of barber trade schools should I go to?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mary Hope204 views

What is the most effective way to gain experience and hours related to working with animals?

I am currently a highschool junior who wants to go into the medical field for a profession, specifically veterinary science. Right now i work at a dog daycare, boarding, and grooming place. My experience with animals here includes distrubituing, food and water, cleaning dog supplies, bathing dogs, giving medications as instructed by owners, and watching over up to over 20 dogs at a time. Apart from that, i also regularly pet sit for close friends and family. I have also taken three health science classes and am certified in human CPR and first aid.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aleika200 views

What are some ways I can advance into my career as a labor and delivery nurse as a rising senior in high school?

Hi, I am a rising senior and wanting to go into nursing, specifically labor and delivery nursing. I wanted to know if there’s any certificates I can get or even online or even classes I can take to take it a step further into my career? I also am wanting to go to Baylor university to help me pursue my career, any advice? It would be much appreciated!

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bill160 views

What routines do you follow each day?

As an entrepreneur, what routines do you follow each day?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tiffany131 views

What Is the most challenging part of becoming a PA (Physician Assistant) And what is a good way to prepare for these challenges? #Spring24 ?

Additional Information about me is I'm really passionate about healthcare. And I enjoy it because I'm helping other people, feel like their best self. At the moment I am working on obtaining my CNA license. And plan on going to college to become a PA this really interested me because not only do I get to spend time with patients, but I also have the chance to learn about so many different aspects of healthcare to treat patients.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Keariah92 views

What is the best field to go into for health care ?

What is the best field to go in health care ? Hey, I'm in the 11th grader at Northwestern high school in RockHill Sc when I graduate I would like to get my real estate license the summer before I go to collage I would like to attend a HBCU and major in nursing

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aimerance297 views

What certification is required for risk management ?

What kinds of step can be take to get a Compliance Analyst job?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
jordan216 views

where can i get good career advice?

career advice tips

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Michael270 views

What to do to be a physician?

What can i do to become a pharmacist. My brother is a biochemist and doings extremely well. I want to be a scientist like him but don't want to do what he did. Help out

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Josie173 views

What job would be good if looking to go back to school to become a PTA ?

I currently hold a bachelors degree in health and movement studies. I am looking to become a physical therapist assistant. I’ll need to go back to school for it, but currently I am in need for a job. What careers should i be looking at if PTA is what I want to do at the end of the road?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gloria369 views

How do I start to find my career?

How do I start to find my career?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hafsa309 views

What are some career options for a major in Psychology (non-medical school)?

What are some lucrative career options if I decide to major in Psychology without following the pre-med route? I will be an incoming freshman in college and am still considering options of what I want to major in and fields I may potentially want to work in the future.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jen321 views

What are some things to focus on to help make your art portfolio stand out? I am wprried about not getting hired because I have no previous work experience besides freelance commissions. Any advice?

Aspiring Illustrator here! Portfolio tips? How to stand out. What aspects are important. Should I aim for internships first?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours283 views

How to become a Car Salesperson?

Lend your expertise: what does it take to become a Car Salesperson? Note: We've seen a lot of interest in this career, so we're looking for guidance from our community of professionals.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours373 views

How to become a CFO?

Share your journey & guide aspiring CFOs on their path! Note: We've seen a lot of interest in this career, so we're looking for guidance from our community of professionals.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Angel104 views

What job opportunities are available in the water resource treatment/wastewater treatment field? Average? salary locations? Is Oregon a good place to pursue in water treatment field?

How difficult is it to get an apprenticeship in water resources/wastewater treatment?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
chankrisna149 views

why is it so important to choose a Good Career Path and Why?

correct me if i am wrong, i am just just going with what i know and my experiences. but i Believe choosing the right Career path for you is Vital. it is important to find the right Career path/occupation, because in the world we live in it is somewhat difficult to get by. having a Good job that suits you is much more important then working at a place that makes you unhappy.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
adel101 views

how to be more succesful in life?

when i finish my education

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
jason192 views

How can I transition to architecture?

What do I need

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Paul229 views

How can someone benefit financiallyas an architect?

I need more information to become a rich architect

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jane233 views

What is the hardest thing about being a nurse and caring for patients?#Spring24

what courses are difficult and how do I tackle these difficult topics.How do I maintain rapport with rude patients

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
khloe198 views

What does a criminal profiler need to go out to the field ?

answers???????????

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon