Career Questions tagged Career Advice

Taya Y.’s Avatar
Taya Y. Mar 18 48 views

What are the best courses I should take through grade 11 and 12 to become a journalist?

I am currently in grade 10, and I would really like to become a journalist. Writing has always been my passion, and I would love to spend the rest of my life doing it. #writing #journalism #highschoolplan #college...

#career-advice

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 03 132 views

What Would a Typical Day of a Machine Learning Engineer Consist of, and How Does it Compare to Other Engineering Fields?

After looking at most of my choices, I believe that my interests lie in software engineering, hardware engineering, mechanical engineering, and machine learning engineer. I've always been told that a role as a machine learning is quite complex, and can often be handled by very few individuals...

#technology #career-advice #computer-science #data-science #engineering

Charlie W.’s Avatar
Charlie W. Jan 06 141 views

Should I minor in HR Management with a major in Chemistry

I'm an undergrad Chemistry freshman with multiple interests, from IT to music to business to astronomy and of course chemistry :) My questions are for anyone to answer. It will definitely help me make the best decisions. \m/ #chemistry #college #college-major #management #college-minor...

#career-advice #physics

Ella H.’s Avatar
Ella H. Nov 20, 2019 75 views
Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 168 views

Can I succeed in business? How can I pick a career that properly suits my interests?

Hello, I'm currently a second-year college student, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my future. I'm currently majoring in English, but I've been debating whether to add business as a second major due to my interest in what I perceive as business-related fields. The only...

#business-major #career-coach #career-path #job-experience #job #student #work #college-major #career-planning #major #career-counseling #career-advice #help #business-degree #choosing-a-major #education #career-help #english-degree #advice #english #business-field #english-major #business #work-experience #career #student-advice #publishing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 132 views

Can an English major work in business-related jobs?

As my question says, I'm wondering how successful an English major would be at working in business-related jobs. For example, I'm really interested in the publishing industry. Can you find success working in the publishing industry with only an English degree, or would you recommend...

#business-major #career-path #job-experience #job #student #work #college-major #career-planning #major #career-counseling #career-advice #help #business-degree #choosing-a-major #education #career-help #english-degree #advice #english #business-field #english-major #business #work-experience #career #student-advice #publishing

T G.’s Avatar
T G. Jun 02, 2019 122 views

I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well.

Hi all. I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well. My main reason for completing a chem eng degree was its versatility. At 18 I didn't know what I wanted to do but I knew this degree would give me...

#career-advice #sheq #college #chemical-engineering #chemicaleng #sustainability #career #engineering

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 04, 2019 183 views

Is it normal to start work before signing a contract?

It freaked me out because a few days ago, I received an email notice that I was accepted to a job position that I applied for, but right after that email notice, there was another email giving me instructions for my first assignment and telling me that it needed to be completed within 48...

#career-advice #help #college-student #work-questions #independent-contractor #job #job-advice #work #advice #contract #job-questions #confused

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 308 views

What would you do if you loved your job but hated your work environment? Would you leave? How would you cope?

For example, I've worked as a copy editor and/or copywriter for both my high school yearbook and college newspaper, and while I wouldn't say that I've LOVED journalism, I do find it enjoyable at times. I would prefer to be doing creative writing, but I genuinely enjoy all types of writing, and...

#job #burnout #college #work-environment #work #work-life-balance #job-environment #career-counseling #career-advice #writing #help #college-student #stress #career-help #advice #career #student-advice #journalism

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 240 views

Which is better: continuing to work a job you've grown to dislike because it is advantageous for you career-wise, or finding a new job that you genuinely enjoy?

I've always believed that if you pursue a career you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, so I've followed my dreams and have always planned to pursue my passion, even if it might not result in the most high-paying job. This passion is writing. However, throughout the years, I've...

#career-choice #technical-writing #career-path #following-your-passions #job #college #student #work #work-life-balance #publishing #writing-and-editing #career-planning #career-counseling #writing #help #career-advice #editing #career-help #advice #creative-writing #career #student-advice #journalism

Anna Y.’s Avatar
Anna Y. Aug 16, 2018 191 views

What is the best way to break into a career?

More often than not I've found that most people land successful careers because of their social networking within a company. What tips can I use to introduce myself to a potential employer? Or, in other words, how can I gain contacts within the business industry? #business...

#career-advice

Josephine K.’s Avatar
Josephine K. Aug 06, 2018 188 views

What should one do if uncertain of what career to pursue in?

I am uncertain of what career to pursue in and I am scared to start of #career-advice with a career that I might end up not liking. I also do not want to waste money on something that I will not...

Karly A.’s Avatar
Karly A. May 31, 2018 308 views

Is Chemical Engineering a good career choice?

I love chemistry and being creative and am wondering if chemical engineering is a good career choice. #career-advice...

#career

manuel R.’s Avatar
manuel R. May 22, 2018 195 views

How to stand out to employers

What are some things you can do in college to stand out to an employer after you're done with college and looking for a career....

#career-advice

Skyler B.’s Avatar
Skyler B. May 22, 2018 201 views

What Strategies Can Be Done to Improve Sources I Know?

What I am trying to say, is that I need to know a many people as possible to improve my knowledge of my career and majoring in Communications and Political Sciences, and the way to come in contact with these individuals who have experience in this field. Where should I begin and what...

#career-advice

Crystal W.’s Avatar
Crystal W. May 07, 2018 255 views

What's the biggest thing you wish you would have known starting nurse practitioner school?

I start an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program at University of Cincinnati in the fall and am just looking for some advice. Thanks in advance! #acute-care #nursepractitionerschool #nurse-practitioner #career-advice...

#university-of-cincinnati

Osama E.’s Avatar
Osama E. Apr 24, 2018 444 views

Is it better to get a biology degree for undergraduate study and then mechanical engineering degree for graduate study or simply getting a biomedical engineering degree if you are seeking employment in the biomedical field?

I'm asking because from what I have researched it seems that mechanical engineers can become biomedical engineers, despite not directly studying in the field of biomedical engineering and since mechanical engineering has a variety of job opportunities I thought it would be good to have...

#career-advice #biomedical-engineering #career #engineering #biology

Kat B.’s Avatar
Kat B. Jan 17, 2018 395 views

How do I know what sort of job suits me?

I'm not sure if I'd fit best into a sit down job or one with lots of hustle, I do well in school sitting down all day but I also excel in work that has me up and moving #job-search-strategies #career-advice #career-counseling...

#career-development

s W.’s Avatar
s W. Jan 17, 2018 292 views

Does the reputation of the school you attend really matter?

Are Ivy League schools really any better than state schools? Do employers have a preference? #college #college-advice #career-advice...

#career-counseling

Kevin B.’s Avatar
Kevin B. Jan 17, 2018 285 views

What's the best way to stand out so getting a job is more likely?

I haven't had a job yet, but I need to get one soon. I'm 18 and worried about staying in the unemployment line so I want to know tips on the best way to gather good attention. #scholarships #career-development #career-advice...

#career-counseling

Mcdhellyne E.’s Avatar
Mcdhellyne E. Jan 17, 2018 238 views

If your indecisive on what you want to be when your an adult how is the best way for you to really know?

As I was going throught my hign school years more ideas on how I wanted to help the environment and us as humans kept coming to my mind. However, as time went by I found myself lock down with two many options and not being able which to choose. Yes, many people haved told me to worry about this...

#career-choice #career-advice #career-counseling #career-development

Yelizaveta A.’s Avatar
Yelizaveta A. Jan 17, 2018 275 views

How to narrow down your field ?

I'm majoring in Bio-engineering but it's such a big field that I'm not entirely sure of what subset I want to go into. I really like genetics and animals are there any possible fields that would involve those ? #bioengineering #engineering #college-major #stem #academic-advising...

#career-advice